• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Clipper

Just joined the AusGAF community. Can we get it added to the OP if you're reading, VOOK?

61-6843-2038-6833

Not sure if I want to go with general GAF, to be honest. AusGAF is generally a better group of people, with less lag and better playing times, so let's start playing together, eh?

Edit:

By the way SydGaf Neil Gaiman is in town on the 28th and I am going to go see him. If you are also going to go see him, give us a shout.

DnDAusGaf, fuckin link to the character sheets.

I've been making up some versions of the other guys sheets to see if my spreadsheet handles it. Here's what I got so far:
Me
Banana
Kritz
Rahk

I can have a go of converting yours if you post it... So far it's handled most things quite well.

Fredescu

Crikey said:
And, what the media conveniently forgets is that big four banks all have past form.

It’s not new news if they big four don’t pass on all the 0.25% cut. For example, in April 2009 during the global financial crisis — three eventually passed on only 0.10% of the 0.25%, while one passed on nothing.

And remember how the big four boosted their mortgage rates by more than the 0.25% rise in November 2010? How quickly we all forget. A reminder: the CBA and ANZ lifted mortgage rates by 45 and 39 basis points, respectively follwoing the Melbourne Cup day rate rise in 2010. The NAB lifted its standard variable mortgage rate by 0.43% and Westpac by 0.35%.

So we know all banks are bastards. It’s not a new story.
What? Has anyone actually forgotten that? Who cares if this "isn't new"?

Rezbit

Just joined the AusGAF community. Can we get it added to the OP if you're reading, VOOK?

61-6843-2038-6833

Not sure if I want to go with general GAF, to be honest. AusGAF is generally a better group of people, with less lag and better playing times, so let's start playing together, eh?

Say the word and I'll be there Clipshow! General GAF games have been alright so far, just has players on most of the time!

Shaneus

Who was in charge last time? That person isn't in charge this time.

--

Also, the new Xbox dashboard:

http://i.imgur.com/4MhDS.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
[url=http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=33224357&postcount=5144]I made a reference to Idiocracy only a few pages ago.[/url] Madness.
[quote="reptilescorpio, post: 33274543"]Handjobs really love electrolytes.[/QUOTE]
It's what dicks crave!

Damnit, now I'm going to have to watch Idiocracy tonight. Good.

Choc

Banned
Greens MP and banking spokesperson, Adam Bandt, said he will introduce legislation requiring banks to offer mortgages and small business loans that will pass on in full any Reserve Bank rate cut.

oh dear

Kritz

Banned
aSQcH.png

ALL GAMES SHOULD DO THIS

pre-game graphics config / launcher should be MANDATORY ON FIRST LAUNCH OF A GAME SO YOUR STUPID GAME DOESN'T LAUNCH AT 600x480 LIKE EVERY SINGLE GAME ACTIVISION PUTS OUT.

This game could be a load of shit from the moment I hit the "launch" button, but it still remains one of the best "First impressions" I've had this entire year, and I haven't even seen the main menu.

ALL GAMES SHOULD DO THIS
Why don't PC games have the 'detect my settings' button in the launcher too? The first time you run a game it should go to the launcher, use the autodetect thing, and successive launches go straight into the game, with the launcher as a menu item you can use if you want to change the settings (but should be able to change them in the game as well).

Also, where are y'all up to in Zelda now?
I'm at the part where you wait for the MotionPlus and game to come in the mail before Christmas.

Deeku

Say the word and I'll be there Clipshow! General GAF games have been alright so far, just has players on most of the time!
Yup, count me in for some AusGaf MK too!

Also, where are y'all up to in Zelda now? I just started on the final set of quests now and I am not liking what I have to do to get part of the thing I need in one of the three main areas.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Now I want to play Scorched Earth :(

<3

I still remember running out to my mum when I was a young tacker

MUM, WHAT DOES ONE DUCK MEAN

(it said oh fuck)

I tried to get the game running a couple of months ago, but it was too hard to get a proper copy of it that ran well

Clipper

Yup, count me in for some AusGaf MK too!

Also, where are y'all up to in Zelda now? I just started on the final set of quests now and I am not liking what I have to do to get part of the thing I need in one of the three main areas.

OK, so we should make a time to show up. What times are good for people? Obviously, most of us have work during the day, but I can make myself free pretty much any time in the evening.

I finished Zelda the other day. Possibly my favourite of the series so far, but I'll leave that decision until after I've done Hero mode. Incidentally, in terms of where you are now in the game, do the Laynayru part last unless you want to risk hitting a possible game-breaking bug.

<3

I still remember running out to my mum when I was a young tacker

MUM, WHAT DOES ONE DUCK MEAN

(it said oh fuck)

I tried to get the game running a couple of months ago, but it was too hard to get a proper copy of it that ran well
DOSBox it. I think it ran pretty great when I tried it a while back like that.

Rahk

61-6843-2038-6833

Edit:

I've been making up some versions of the other guys sheets to see if my spreadsheet handles it. Here's what I got so far:
Me
Banana
Kritz
Rahk

I can have a go of converting yours if you post it... So far it's handled most things quite well.

I updated my sheet last night again, so I'm afraid you'll have to run it through your freebie sheet again to enforce D&D law. I didn't change much though.

Rahk al Ghul

Rezbit

OK, so we should make a time to show up. What times are good for people? Obviously, most of us have work during the day, but I can make myself free pretty much any time in the evening.

I'll be on steam later tonight around 8:30 if anyone wants to come on for a few games.

Deeku

I finished Zelda the other day. Possibly my favourite of the series so far, but I'll leave that decision until after I've done Hero mode. Incidentally, in terms of where you are now in the game, do the Laynayru part last unless you want to risk hitting a possible game-breaking bug.
Yeah, read about that on gaming a few days ago. Good thing I did too because I was thinking of going to Laynayru first.

Rezbit said:
I'll be on steam later tonight around 8:30 if anyone wants to come on for a few games.
Make sure you post here if you guys are playing because I never idle in steamchat.

Kritz

Banned
Trine 2 is amazing, guys. Did you like Trine 1? It's more of that. I think people may dislike that it is more or less exactly "more of that", to the point where your character's progression tree in Trine 2 is just the progression in Trine 1 all over again. The visuals are real, real good and The Wizard is as fun to play as ever.

Recorded enough footage for a review sometime. 100GB of footage. Boy, I need a new FRAPS hard drive since this one at some point has turned into my generic multimedia drive too, so it's filled with music and movies and tv shows and crap.

Are HDD prices still shit?

I don't even know if I have any more free bays for them...

markot

Banned
Why the fuck did they force that Tom Clancy shit on the Xcom dude >_<;

I WANT AN XCOM GAME WITH A BASE AND ALIENS AND A SQUAD AND SHIT AND CRAP!

Have to install stupid printer software to scan my receipt for my Xbox cashback. Lame.

ffffff Forgot to give the gf my EBGames membership card! So many lost carrots! Are they still doing that carrot thing?

Why don't PC games have the 'detect my settings' button in the launcher too? The first time you run a game it should go to the launcher, use the autodetect thing, and successive launches go straight into the game, with the launcher as a menu item you can use if you want to change the settings (but should be able to change them in the game as well).
I agree with this man. After all, Max Payne 2 did things this way! Every game should auto-detect the desktop resolution and default to that for the first boot.

Are HDD prices still shit?
Won't get any better for a long time apparently. Glad I picked up my 2Tb Green drive for $60 when I did. Plenty of FRAPS room! Too bad I can't get any of it to run the video in Windows Movie Maker, audio only. :(

Darklord

Banned
Why the hell can't I add my gmail to my new galaxy s2. It wants a google account to let you enter the market so I put in my email and password and it just says they don't match. Lier! I tried it on my PC and it worked fine.

Yagharek

Oh nice! The 360 S comes with the wireless built in. Means I can sell my adapter too.

All the decent NSW players were playing the real game against New Zealand!

The NSW shield team must be where crap players go, since the additions to the aus squad seems to be comprised of nsw club side players who make a 50 every now and then.

Why the hell can't I add my gmail to my new galaxy s2. It wants a google account to let you enter the market so I put in my email and password and it just says they don't match. Lier! I tried it on my PC and it worked fine.

Try setting up the Email app first and then try the Market. Both of my GMail accounts worked fine.

Clipper

I'm idling in the AusGAF Mario Kart 7 community room if anyone wants to join...

Community number again is 61-6843-2038-6833

Edit: Rezbit, midonnay in already and Choc on the way. Chatting on the Steam Chat too

Looking for new glasses since Clearly Contacts has free frames for new customers and they did a great job with my gf's glasses and came across these beauties. I wouldn't be able to pull off the Repor
t
look though.

Is there a way to monitor data usage? I've got 2gb but just in case.
Your provider most likely has an app for that. Never bothered though even with the heavy amount of browsing I do outside of my wifi at home.

Top Bottom