• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Shaneus

If people are keen, I can confirm that Sonic Generations can be bought easily enough on Amazon and registered on Steam without a VPN. Buy it using your regular credit card using a US account, but when entering the address I just entered as close as I could (there was no country for old options) and for the state I just used CA and postcode was 90210. I forgot I saved the details from it earlier (not thinking it would work) and I accidentally the whole thing when I revisited.

Jintor

Goddamn, Skyward Sword just sucks you in and doesn't let you go. This is also true because Dolphin continually self-destructs at bad times.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Oh yea, I just won L4D2 by joining the steam group. I'm guessing it's the AU version though
KuGsj.gif

Thank you Gaz!

Also lulz at Techland saying Dead Island is probably the best selling new IP this year. I guess they forgot LA Noire which was just as flawed.

it will be interesting to see what happens to eleks order

because, being digital, its not illegal for EA to provide it (from a US server)

loophole in current laws.

No different to the GOG unrated version of The Witcher 2 that was available at launch, thankfully they patched out the censoring in the retail version.

Fogz

If people are keen, I can confirm that Sonic Generations can be bought easily enough on Amazon and registered on Steam without a VPN. Buy it using your regular credit card using a US account, but when entering the address I just entered as close as I could (there was no country for old options) and for the state I just used CA and postcode was 90210. I forgot I saved the details from it earlier (not thinking it would work) and I accidentally the whole thing when I revisited.

Yeah I bought it last night. And got a $5 voucher from it, so $10 Sonic isn't too shabby! :)

Jintor

It's a great investment.

Should I be gifting my secret santa now, or do you think the post will still arrive in time for christmas if I post today? :|

I should have gotten off my lazy ass and done this earlier...

Clipper

So TasGAF meeetup is 1:15 at Franklin Square today. It's a bit tough for me to access the Internet right now, so I guess I'll see you guys there. Kritz, you've still got my number right? Give me a call if anything's up.

Edit: saw the talk a few pages back. All seems good. See you guys then.

Kritz

Banned
So TasGAF meeetup is 1:15 at Franklin Square today. It's a bit tough for me to access the Internet right now, so I guess I'll see you guys there. Kritz, you've still got my number right? Give me a call if anything's up.

Cool. I think you gave me a bad number a week ago, but the PM you sent should be okay. Probably won't need to test it anyway.

Shaneus

iMame is out on the app store for iOS, bitches. My brother says it's not there when he looks on his iPad, but I can still see it on my 4S. I think it's doing the rounds of being pulled from different regions.

It's a great investment.

Should I be gifting my secret santa now, or do you think the post will still arrive in time for christmas if I post today? :|

I should have gotten off my lazy ass and done this earlier...

I sent mine last week Jintor, assuming it would arrive sometime late this week.

Shaneus

GA or grandstand shane?

i am very much considering going
Grandstand. I think Prost? It was the second-most expensive seating in that grandstand, but only a row or two in front of the priciest AND only one or two seats away from the edge of the stand itself (so you don't have to look over people's heads when looking to the side). Can't wait.

I ordered these a few months back, though. Don't know what seats would be left, but apparently they started selling in June or something.

So Batman AC is $25 on Steam today, all over that.
Almost makes me feel silly for paying $28 at launch (well, 2 months before launch because WB don't care about PC gamers) from GMG and barely touching it. Would be nice to have it in my Steam list too.

I have 6 coal!

Wonder what to do with it. To craft or not to craft.
I've got 5 coal now! Looking forward to playing Defence Grid for the first time! Magika deserves some more love too now that the glorious Aon gifted me some Lovecraft infused joy.

Rezbit

See ya there!

Also, does anyone know how much Batman AC and F1 2011 are on the other stores?

Choc

Banned
Grandstand. I think Prost? It was the second-most expensive seating in that grandstand, but only a row or two in front of the priciest AND only one or two seats away from the edge of the stand itself (so you don't have to look over people's heads when looking to the side). Can't wait.

I ordered these a few months back, though. Don't know what seats would be left, but apparently they started selling in June or something.

PROST premium is sold out, other than that they are all available

Gazunta

Syndicate's on the front cover of OPM AU too, heh. I wonder if it's the same image...

That's one thing I miss from the olden days of gaming magazines - each cover was created by an in-house artist, so it had a distinctive look and didn't just resemble every other magazine othe shelf.

I mean did you see the magazine rack when MW3 came out? Twenty identical magazines just with different logos.

Shaneus

Syndicate's on the front cover of OPM AU too, heh. I wonder if it's the same image...

That's one thing I miss from the olden days of gaming magazines - each cover was created by an in-house artist, so it had a distinctive look and didn't just resemble every other magazine othe shelf.

I mean did you see the magazine rack when MW3 came out? Twenty identical magazines just with different logos.
Matt(?) Hatton always did awesome Hyper covers. I remember the disappointment when I saw my first Hyper mag that didn't have his artwork on it. It was for NBA Jam and had a photo of a flaming basketball on it.

Choc

Banned
gaz this was before companies realised they could buy covers ;) and also demand what the cover is

swtor maintanence tonight from 7-11 :(

so a dutch fashion editor put in her magazine that rihanna is the 'ultimate ni**er bitch'

!

Jintor

Yesterday I was getting 5mb/s. Today I am topping out at .71mb/s. I suspect the rain and telstra not having checked the area for a few months is to blame.

Choc

Banned
gaz you might want to read this

'So there I was in EB today.. saw a retail copy of Trine 2 and thought cool I might buy a copy for $20 to have a tangible copy... Pull it off the shelf... $28... No thanks. EB doesn't deserve that money. I open up the case (Its like a DVD case with no lock on the side) and there's a sticker with the CD code on the inside. The staff at EB had the brains to at least take out the DVD from the holder... but leave the steam CD key in there which is the only useful thing in there'

rofl

gaz this was before companies realised they could buy covers ;) and also demand what the cover is

7-11 our time? night RUINED! Luckily planned to hang out with the GF tonight *phew*

Level 25 last night, got speeder. Starting Tatooine. World is fantastic, so excited to explore it.
Nar Shadarr was crap, hated it, enclosed boring city.

hamchan

After a crap ton of time downloading I've finally started playing TOR. I made a character on Keller's Void first because The Swiftsure has like a 35 minute queue.

giri

so a dutch fashion editor put in her magazine that rihanna is the 'ultimate ni**er bitch'

!

There's been a thread about the rhianna thing on gaf all wekk.....

d4533

So I'll try asking again. For those playing TOR is there a better option for getting the game then just buying a physical copy from amazon. Is there a reliable place to purchase a key online?

Shaneus

Flash looking passes. All access?
Yeah, they're grandstand passes but you get access to everywhere, I think. Odd thing is though, is that we also scored this thing called "GP Advantage" thing which I'm sure they set an expiry date of the end of August or September or something (like, a few weeks after I bought the tickets) but it looks like it's been extended.

It's possible the pack I've received though isn't special because of the access thing, but because I got a 4-day one.

I was gonna say I might see you there, but I'm getting much less fancy tickets.

Thinking General Admission for Saturday and Webber for Sunday. Still very exciting. :eek:

If Tiger/Jetstar get us there.

Gazunta

gaz you might want to read this

'So there I was in EB today.. saw a retail copy of Trine 2 and thought cool I might buy a copy for $20 to have a tangible copy... Pull it off the shelf... $28... No thanks. EB doesn't deserve that money. I open up the case (Its like a DVD case with no lock on the side) and there's a sticker with the CD code on the inside. The staff at EB had the brains to at least take out the DVD from the holder... but leave the steam CD key in there which is the only useful thing in there'

rofl

Lol lol lol

God damn it :(

So I'll try asking again. For those playing TOR is there a better option for getting the game then just buying a physical copy from amazon. Is there a reliable place to purchase a key online?

Not that we are allowed to talk about.

amazon or search yourself is all i can say.

Top Bottom