• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

gaz you might want to read this

'So there I was in EB today.. saw a retail copy of Trine 2 and thought cool I might buy a copy for $20 to have a tangible copy... Pull it off the shelf... $28... No thanks. EB doesn't deserve that money. I open up the case (Its like a DVD case with no lock on the side) and there's a sticker with the CD code on the inside. The staff at EB had the brains to at least take out the DVD from the holder... but leave the steam CD key in there which is the only useful thing in there'

rofl

Pretty sure you'll be able to find this with most Steam games in most EBs. Still disgusting and shameful to use the key though, still stealing to me.

Frawdder

I won Oblivion GOTY Edition for joining the Steam Holiday Group, so that's something.

Does anybody want it? I'm not going to play it...or more accurately, I'm not going to spend a whole day installing mods and playing for 20 minutes.

Also, I have a 50% off IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover coupon that I'd like to offload to someone that will use it.

Jintor

I was pretty confused, since I got my shipment of bookdepository books a few days ago, lol

Why is GFWL so fucking retarded? Jesus.

I was pretty confused, since I got my shipment of bookdepository books a few days ago, lol

Why is GFWL so fucking retarded? Jesus.

Haha, oh well, partial success, at least it arrived before Christmas.

Because it is a Microsoft gaming platform. They do it wrong

shots fired! Sounds like Gerry's way of getting the government to lower the import GST threshold.

I hope they're importing region free 3DS and 360 games. And making people aware the PS3 titles may not be able to utilise DLC

Fredescu

"This store is currently closed.

Please check back in a little while."

What was it?
Harvey Norman "Direct Imports". Imported video games basically.

* Latest games!
* Tax free!

The latter bullet point making it painfully obvious that he's doing this for leverage.

Choc

Banned
so gerry harvey will be done for tax evasion soon. ATO already told MYER and himself that they cannot do this and expect to get away with it

there is a diff between aussies shopping with overseas based sites and shopping with local stores charging in local currency shipping from overseas to avoid tax.

It will be a very interesting test case and if required the ATO would probably take it all the way to the high court.

legend166

Also can someone tell me when movie ticket prices reached $21? This isn't even for a 3D showing.

That's seriously ridiculous. Soon it will be cheaper to buy the Blu-Ray!

Fogz

Also can someone tell me when movie ticket prices reached $21? This isn't even for a 3D showing.

That's seriously ridiculous. Soon it will be cheaper to buy the Blu-Ray!

Stopped going a long time ago.

May make an exception for Tintin while I'm in Newcastle though :)

Choc

Banned
legend we are pretty much already at teh point where waiting for the DVD is best

especially with the quality of movies right now

edit: also new ava. Those who have spent $21 to see puss in boots will get it.

Deeku

Woo finally got new glasses today but have to wait to pick them up early next year. My eyes are pretty crap according to the eye lady person!

Also, saw a guy at coles bondi junction wearing a pretty nice Zelda tee - black with a silver crest from skyward sword. An ausgaffer perchance? :lol

Ive been a very happy internode cusomer for years. Im guessing this is probably not going to result in better/ faster/ cheaper internet.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
According to Harvey Norman spokesperson Ben Mackintosh, the reaction of local publishers to the news is of secondary importance.”

Haha oh wow....

Yesterday I was getting 5mb/s. Today I am topping out at .71mb/s. I suspect the rain and telstra not having checked the area for a few months is to blame.
Sounds like a Steam sale to me!

Just proves that SydGAF and TasGAF > rest of Australia. MelbGAF get your shit sorted.
Pfft! GeelongGAF met up last weekend!

That was me! I think (?) :(
Sorry I get you and Aon mixed up! You both have fabulous taste in games and I couldn't remember in that split second if you gave me X or Magika.

Holy cow at the Harvey Norman news!
He announced the store about a week ago saying that he doesn't like outsourcing all the jobs but the government has left him with no choice lol

iiNet buying Internode. Wow.
As a very happy EFTel customer I wouldn't be TOO worried but any time the provider group shrinks consumers should keep an eye on how the competition will react. Hopefully they go for the jugular and try and take the number one spot. Will be interesting to see what happens with Games On Net and all the little Internode perks, hopefully they leave it as is.

Woo finally got new glasses today but have to wait to pick them up early next year. My eyes are pretty crap according to the eye lady person!l
Don't want to sound like a pimp but if you don't have cover the best option is to checkout Clearly Contacts. Been fantastic for the gf and me. We both ordered the wrong glasses and were exchanged for free and super fast. First pair of glasses are free so it comes out to about $71 for the first pair with all the bells and whistles.

Top Bottom