• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Also can someone tell me when movie ticket prices reached $21? This isn't even for a 3D showing.

That's seriously ridiculous. Soon it will be cheaper to buy the Blu-Ray!

My local cinema does $10.50 normal class and $13 "gold" class using a yearly card you get from a nearby "rsl". It's great, only ever go to the gold one as you can pick seats and no kids as its licensed.

Hey choc where did you see the server downtime for tonight? from what i can see it will be like a 30 minute server restart to lock out anyone without a cd key

Shaneus

MAME on my iPhone is fucking ridiculous. So much awesome shit. I am now ready to annoy everyone with the Puzzle Bobble theme any time I want! Do do do do dodo *boing* do do do do do *whistle* etc.

Pfft! GeelongGAF met up last weekend!
In Melbourne, no less!

Kinda sad about Internode. Was never with them, but always knew of them as a solid independent ISP that were always reliable and fast. Shame.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
my sister works at chicken barn!

Day is over. Five hours of drinking. Rez handles his booze way too well.

Fantastic meetup. Melbgaf, you have a lot to prove.

we're so edgy our meet up is by not meeting up.

hilarious as 4 or 5 of us live within (non fat person) walking distance...

Rezbit

Kritz and Clipper are great guys in real life. We drank some tasty beer, talked about beer, games, religion (laughed about talking about religion) and GAF...all with the sun shining on a warm afternoon. TasGAF success.

Hey choc where did you see the server downtime for tonight? from what i can see it will be like a 30 minute server restart to lock out anyone without a cd key

It's going down in 7 minutes for 4 hours apparently.

l9g3w.png

Jintor

Hey TasGAF come to Sydney. We've got jack all. But we're still better than MelbGaf. Let ol' Sid Gaffe show you around town.

Darklord

Banned
My 50's, obese neighbour is walking around outside in nothing but small undies and red crocs. It's truly a disturbing sight to behold.

Come to WarrnamboolGAF! Beautiful weather down here and all the sexy tourists are arriving now!
Also 'Free Hat'.

Our carpenter contractor bought everyone in the office presents. The 2 managers got golf balls and cheese respectively, the other admin got chocolates and I got MOTHER FLIPPIN' CHIVAS REGAL. Was a very happy moment for me as I had just realised that I hadn't picked up any cheap grog for the Christmas break.
Totally being sacrilegious though and drinking it with 79c Aldi cola after being too lazy to stop at Safeway on the way home.

PS3 160Gb from Dick Smith for $249

HolyCheck

Come to WarrnamboolGAF! Beautiful weather down here and all the sexy tourists are arriving now!
Also 'Free Hat'.

Our carpenter contractor bought everyone in the office presents. The 2 managers got golf balls and cheese respectively, the other admin got chocolates and I got MOTHER FLIPPIN' CHIVAS REGAL. Was a very happy moment for me as I had just realised that I hadn't picked up any cheap grog for the Christmas break.
Totally being sacrilegious though and drinking it with 79c Aldi cola after being too lazy to stop at Safeway on the way home.

PS3 160Gb from Dick Smith for $249

Hilariously I'll be popping through Warrnambool mid next week :p

Rezbit

Also 'Free Hat'.

You're drinking Chivas with Aldi cola?! With cola full STOP?! Crazy.

First Simpsons Christmas special tonight was great. The second episode was shitfull though. Shows that even Season 15 had some decent episodes at least. Right amount of heart and gags.

You're drinking Chivas with Aldi cola?! With cola full STOP?! Crazy.
I got work in the morning dude! 50/50 mix. The bland cola really only waters it down and turns it a more placid colour so in my mind I will not end up as drunk. First glass is ALWAYS on the (space invaders) rocks.

I will be running like a mad man from a bus stop to a train station to get the hell out of there!

maybe another time hahaha
Bus stop is at the train station so you will be fine! Nearest pub is the next block as is pretty crappy. The epitome of a dive. Low lighting and everything. Damn bartender pours a horrible Guiness!

Edit: Taking the bus from Mt Gambier to Warrnambool to catch the train to Melbourne? Long ass trip! Whatever you do don't make eye contact with anyone in Portland.

HolyCheck

Bus stop is at the train station so you will be fine! Nearest pub is the next block as is pretty crappy. The epitome of a dive. Low lighting and everything. Damn bartender pours a horrible Guiness!

Edit: Taking the bus from Mt Gambier to Warrnambool to catch the train to Melbourne? Long ass trip! Whatever you do don't make eye contact with anyone in Portland.

That's the plan! I might get lucky however, I think my grandpa's going to warrnambool for a horsey race around the time I want to go back to Melb, so I might be able to hitch a drive there

midonnay

interestingly....

TPG - 7% shareholder in IInet

Simon Hackett - now 7.5% shareholder in IInet

hopefully that is enough to prevent a Big 3 consolidation (Telstra, Optus, TPiinet)

Canadians and yanks can attest to the horrors.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Aldi Dark Chocolate is literally the best chocolate. People have doubted me, like you, dear NeoGAF reader, but every one of them has been won over.

Aldi Dark Chocolate is literally the best chocolate. People have doubted me, like you, dear NeoGAF reader, but every one of them has been won over.

To be honest most Aldi brands taste better than their more expensive counter parts.

Aside from the cola. Damn lucky that it is stupidly cheap.

Dead Man

Man, fuck this shit. I have been caring for a couple kids from the middle east who have applied for refugee status, one of them found out he was declined today, so the poor bastard goes and self harms. Kid would rather die than go back. Fuck this world.

Man, The Diamond Age is one of most mind-bending books I've ever read.

Neal Stephenson is awesome. If you haven't already, read Cryptonomicon, I think it is his best book.

guidop

Man, fuck this shit. I have been caring for a couple kids from the middle east who have applied for refugee status, one of them found out he was declined today, so the poor bastard goes and self harms. Kid would rather die than go back. Fuck this world.

Neal Stephenson is awesome. If you haven't already, read Cryptonomicon, I think it is his best book.

Damn, what a terrible situation. How old are the kids?

That sucks. I can understand the use of the reasoning of not wanting to take unskilled, adult labour but to say no to kids who would grow up with a huge appreciation for what our country has done for them is pretty fucked. I thought we have a duty of care to people who would be in danger if we sent them back? I'm not a fan of letting everyone in but we have to be reasonable about it. If people will die being sent back then we need to find SOMEWHERE for them. Must be somewhere in the world short on people.

Top Bottom