• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Isn't space marine cheaper at the moment on steam from a US gaffer? Brings it out to $25 and it looks like GMG would be around the same price, Maybe identical.

The mirroring of Gyroscope and Grinspoons careers sadden me. Had such high expectations for them after their first album and EP and they took the easy mainstream route to success.
:(

Finish up in 1 hour and start my 10 day break which doesn't require me to use any rec leave, love this time of year :D

Yeah I only have to take 3 days annual leave and won't be back until 3rd of January. Incredible year for how the public holidays have fallen!

The mirroring of Gyroscope and Grinspoons careers sadden me. Had such high expectations for them after their first album and EP and they took the easy mainstream route to success.
:(

This man speaks the truth. I prefer to just listen to Sound Shattering Sound and Guide to Better Living and pretend the other albums just don't exist. Although I didn't mind Easy either.

Man, I can't believe I ignored Dragon Age for this long. It really is Baldur's Gate 3. I didn't get it after I didn't really enjoy Mass Effect, but fuck me it's reminding me why I used to buy anything Bioware did

Yagharek

Heads up for 3ds AUSgaf, ace combat is good. Its a reskinned AC2 with lock on dog fighting. Works well without second analog and looks nice and clean visually.

Gee, the new Mission Impossible sure sound a lot like Alpha Protocol. Also funny to see all the reviewers masturbating over Cruise after giving him so much shit these last 10 years. Feels good to hear the adulation for Brad Bird who deserves more respect than some people had given him when the news of him breaking out of animation was announced. Dude has huge talent.

Also Spielberg is now doing heartstring movies about horses? Come on man. Give me some fun again man. First trailer I saw was garbage but the second seem to show a lot more distinction with the important ties that bind him to the whole event. Tintin is the first Spielberg movie since Catch Me If You Can that I am excited to see.

Penumbra Trilogy for $6 at GMG or $8 at Steam! Wet pants! Heavily inspired by the latest Hollywood blockbuster The Thing which was released this year to critical acclaim!
Matthew Turner from ViewLondon said:
Never quite lives up to Carpenter's version, though it's entertaining enough, thanks to a superb performance from Mary Elizabeth Winstead and some satisfyingly gloopy visuals.
I heard they did a non-union Mexican equivalent rip-off also called The Thing which is already out on Blu Ray and only $13! Or you can grab it along with the remake of 2001 called Moon for $20 total! The Iron Man dude is in it as the goo wrapped up in a t-shirt and gives a commanding and conquering performance similar to that of the DS tie-in game, which, oddly, enough, was created by the team behind Dementium which was the original inspiration for The Thing. So nothing in art is original and The Simpsons did it.

Frawdder

XmZF4.png

Awesome totally useful coupon from the Steam stuff...

Also, I have Oblivion GOTY to give away to anyone that wants it.

And buy Blur people, it's $5 and might be good for some AusGAF fun times.

Kritz

Banned
AusGAF, I think we need to get this guy a christmas gift. As far as I know, he's helped a lot of us with regional pricing bullshit to get us cheap steam games. What's say we get him a copy of Skyrim or Rage?

(and, of course, we'd need to find a second person to buy the game for us so we don't pay a hundred bucks for that stuff.)

remz

AusGAF, I think we need to get this guy a christmas gift. As far as I know, he's helped a lot of us with regional pricing bullshit to get us cheap steam games. What's say we get him a copy of Skyrim or Rage?

(and, of course, we'd need to find a second person to buy the game for us so we don't pay a hundred bucks for that stuff.)
Yaaaah. Absolutely!

Thanks Kerrby! Spreading the Christmas spirit!

Hell yes. Wilflare has helped me a few times, most recently with the New Vegas sale. I always return the favour by gifting him something every now and then that is on his wishlist. SteamGAF is good people. Nice bloke to talk to too.

legend166

Pretty sure you stole this idea from me.

Anyway, I'm in. If we can get enough people we'll only need like $5 each to get Skyrim or something.

If you dudes want we can use my PayPal to collect the money. Or Kritz or whoever.

Kritz

Banned
I can grab it and if people want they can dump fivers or something into my paypal, depending on how many people we get who want in.

Edit: legend, I totally did :3

jambo

I think the id complete pack is a good choice, because it has RAGE as well as a tonne of classic games, but then Skyrim is pretty fucking amazing!

Kritz

Banned
it also might be a good idea just to quickly ask him right before buying them to make sure he doesn't somehow own like, the console versions, or something.

Or if he's getting them for xmas by someone else or whatever.

I like the id idea.

DARN YOU LEGEEEOONNNNDDDDDSDSAGFSDG

Kritz

Banned
Me + Remz + Jambo + Reptile + Legend

18 bones per person for skyrim
9 bones for rage and other games.

We'll probably get more duders in. Nine people will make it ten bucks per person.

legend166

Me + Remz + Jambo + Reptile + Legend

18 bones per person for skyrim
9 bones for rage and other games.

We'll probably get more duders in. Nine people will make it ten bucks per person.

Wait why aren't we getting another American to gift it? Seems a bit silly.

Congrats Gaz. I hope whoever brought in that Bethesda contract got a nice pat on the back!

How does one drink whiskey? Teach me the gentlemans way!
With Space Invaders ice cubes. Then the next drink go 50/50 with Vanilla Coke if you are a pansy like me. Otherwise if you want to be manly drink neat on a patio with the sun setting and a good leather bound book that smells of cinnamon.

Rezbit

Congrats Gaz. I hope whoever brought in that Bethesda contract got a nice pat on the back!

With Space Invaders ice cubes. Then the next drink go 50/50 with Vanilla Coke if you are a pansy like me. Otherwise if you want to be manly drink neat on a patio with the sun setting and a good leather bound book that smells of cinnamon.

Haha this. Pretty much, if it's really expensive whiskey, drink it slowly and neat. If it's shitty whiskey, add whatever and tank it down.

Kritz

Banned
I'm siding with Legend, I think. We should totally get him Skyrim instead, even if we're still going to end up paying a bit more on average.

12 bucks per person at the moment if we get an American to do the transaction.

How does one drink whiskey? Teach me the gentlemans way!
step 1: open mouth
step 2: insert
step 3: repeat
idk i dont drink but yes id say the only way to drink is neat and slowly, untill you need to go take care of shit so you roll up your sleeves, gulp it all in 1 mouthful harshly put the glass down and go about your business.

oi duffer
pass the goon bag and ill lend you my dingo
i like him already.
if only i had a dingo and could say that phrase
"ill lend you my dingo" classic. now im imagining situations where someone would need to borrow my dingo.

Top Bottom