• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Can't believe she's married IRL to the guy playing Pete.

If one thing can be said about this corner of GAF, it's that we all have fairly grounded opinions of games that are at all times justifiable and never irrational.

Only movie I ever really adored Arnie in (where he actually acted) was True Lies. Everyone should watch THAT at Christmas. Still waiting for my high-def remaster, Cameron!

Shit, that'd almost be worth having just for Gunstringer and a backup Kinect. Stupid cheap for what it does.
On that note, anyone here play Gunstringer yet? Impressions?
Kinda like the IRL relationships in Sunny In Philly. Also the dude who plays Pete is really funny, done a few indie movies. Too bad the movie Ruxin was in, Good Ole Fashioned Orgy, was shit.

Well, everyone in AusGAF has their bias that is plain to see and don't pretend like their opinion is fact which is great.

Arnie is god. He knows he can't act and just goes for enjoyment. Predator and Commando are SOOO good. Commando would be my favourite drinking movie along with Anchorman, Lion King and Super Troopers.

Also don't buy a backup Kinect, you don't even use the current one! Gunstringer has great reviews but Twisted Pixel games have a weird effect on me. At the time I really enjoy the first hour or two and then lose interest. In retrospect I have no love for them even though the name Twisted Pixel carries a strong weight in my mind, especially now they are owned by Microsoft. Great price though if you already have a 360.

Christmas gif because I didn't take any photos today - and my present was a return ticket to London for early next year. And because I choose to worship Tiffany instead of Christ.
Reminds me that 99% of the time a fringe is enough to turn a chick from a 10 to a 3. Christ I hate fringes. Rarely looks good to me.

d4533

So I came to Adelaide from Melbourne with my brother for Christmas this year, and he was flying back this afternoon. His flight left Adelaide at 3:30, got to Melbourne around about 5 which was when the storms were hitting. They circled for a while but couldn't land. They then had to turn around and come back to Adelaide to refuel the plane so they could fly to Adelaide again. So ended up spending 5 hours an a plane for what should have been a one hour flight.

I'm kind of dreading heading back to Melbourne, wondering if my apartment is still intact.

Shaneus

Kinda like the IRL relationships in Sunny In Philly. Also the dude who plays Pete is really funny, done a few indie movies. Too bad the movie Ruxin was in, Good Ole Fashioned Orgy, was shit.

Arnie is god. He knows he can't act and just goes for enjoyment. Predator and Commando are SOOO good. Commando would be my favourite drinking movie along with Anchorman, Lion King and Super Troopers.

Also don't buy a backup Kinect, you don't even use the current one! Gunstringer has great reviews but Twisted Pixel games have a weird effect on me. At the time I really enjoy the first hour or two and then lose interest. In retrospect I have no love for them even though the name Twisted Pixel carries a strong weight in my mind, especially now they are owned by Microsoft. Great price though if you already have a 360.
Dude who plays Ruxin was good (if woefully underused) in Get Him to the Greek. Fucking great flick.

Yeah, those Arnie ones are awesome, but the movies where he tries to act and ham it up tend to be a bit shit. Which is why I love True Lies, because his acting is bad enough to the point where it's awesome, whereas Jingle was just, I dunno, felt a bit lame. Kudos for liking Anchorman and Super Troopers, though. Shame Broken Lizard only seemed to be good for a single flick. Would loved for the next ST movie to be a prequel, but apparently that was only one of a few ideas they were kicking around. Farva et al hamming it up in the 70s? Yes pls.

I was kidding about the backup Kinect, but I also agree with you on Twisted Pixel games. The idea of them is awesome and I did finish The Maw, but their titles are rarely deep enough to warrant a thorough playthrough. Kind of give me a Double Fine-esque vibe, but with far less experience in the industry. Just compare any of TP's games to any of DF's Amnesia Fortnight releases.

its not christmas anymore so tpg can go suck my dick. im so sick of these shitty speeds at nighttime it just drops to 1/10 of my normal speed after 11pm

Deeku

Spent the last couple days with family and had a super dinner tonight. Good times as always!

Also, I was woken this morning by SNSD's The Boys blasting out of the tv. Immediately thought of Salazar which was weird lol! It was kinda cool though, as in this asian pop music show being on tv (sbs) except everything was korean:/

Deeku

The show is misleading though. It's called SBS Popasia but it's 95% K-pop and the other 5% seems to be Taiwanese boy bands (I only watched it during the last 30 mins). You should check it out if you haven't already!

Shaneus

Eh, Steam sales will never be as good as you remember:
a) You start off with next-to-nothing at your first. If you have an empty cupboard and see 5c off a pack of Kooka's, you'd think it's amazing. You have 300+ packets of biscuits? Not so much.
b) As time goes on, you earn more money (theoretically). More money = more likely to buy stuff you want sooner, when it isn't on sale. Thus, when stuff IS on sale, you don't have any interest in it. Later sales may have more awesome stuff, but from your perspective, you're a rich bastard who doesn't have to wait for shit.
c) this space intentionally left blank

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Hai I hear the weather in melb was bad, anyone able to tell me how fitzroy was/is? I only worry as my apartment has big open windows that could easily break if hit by a large enough hail stone.

Cod those Deckard glasses are really expensive! Did you get them from here or somewhere else?

Indians bowling well at the moment. Just gotta wait it out boys.

b) As time goes on, you earn more money (theoretically). More money = more likely to buy stuff you want sooner, when it isn't on sale. Thus, when stuff IS on sale, you don't have any interest in it.

Case in point the GMG sales with Arkham City and Saints Row 3 for $20 each. If I hadn't gone day one for those games I would have creamed my pants for those prices.

Jintor

I declare today Doctor Clipper drawing day

might set up the livestream again if anybody's interested, but maybe just drawing it will be cool enough.

Doctor Clipper's patented soft drinks

Collapse incoming.

Want to be able to say I called it.
Warner looking great. Cowan taking his time which is the best thing for him to do. Hoping they can keep their cool until lunch.
Edit: Jeez that was a commanding over.

That's the place. Came in a couple of weeks and well packed. The damned thing is really heavy but is sweet.

How many did you grab? 4 seems like the optimum number without getting too silly but I doubt I would let anyone else use them anyway. Maybe I will get another for my sons 18th birthday!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So super mario galaxy 2, haha, yea.

I played it for 30 minutes and it seems ok apart from the annoying, wave that remote around to collect shit. Also no double jump? I thought he had that in the latest set of games.

It seems to have given me a headache as well, so that's fun. I'm going to grab some cheap component cables over the next week. It actually looks good on our tv with composite though, see if it makes a difference.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag

I played it for 30 minutes and it seems ok apart from the annoying, wave that remote around to collect shit. Also no double jump? I thought he had that in the latest set of games.

It seems to have given me a headache as well, so that's fun. I'm going to grab some cheap component cables over the next week. It actually looks good on our tv with composite though, see if it makes a difference.

Collecting the starbits with the pointer and then shooting them is the best part of the game.

Jintor

WIP

drclipper.jpg

You were right Shaneus, Jingle All The Way sucks. Glad I turned it off in time to see Cowan's hot wife doing an interview.
Even Phil Hartman would have been ashamed of that crap.

Oh and And Yet It Moves wasn't much fun.

Kritz

Banned
jintor, your art's hella sexy.

um also

DND NIGHT SHIT
When: not this week.

Actually When: Monday Jan 2nd, 2012 motherfuckaaas (or maybe the 3rd?)

We are taking a break this week because holiday, family, etc.

Yagharek

You have the same triple jump as mario 64, sunshine, galaxy 1. You also have the waggle spin in mid air to get a bit more height. This move will save you many, many lives.

Maybe you should watch the tutorial DVD? :p

Shaneus

You were right Shaneus, Jingle All The Way sucks. Glad I turned it off in time to see Cowan's hot wife doing an interview.
Even Phil Hartman would have been ashamed of that crap.

Oh and And Yet It Moves wasn't much fun.
Thought you'd think that! There's nothing even parodical (is that a word?) about it. However, that does somewhat remind me that I (think I) should check out Last Action Hero. That seems more Arnie's style.

BTW was AYIM that game where you walk around in caves or some shit as a sketch drawing and you manipulate the environment rather than the game character? Yeah, that was shit.

Thought you'd think that! There's nothing even parodical (is that a word?) about it. However, that does somewhat remind me that I (think I) should check out Last Action Hero. That seems more Arnie's style.

BTW was AYIM that game where you walk around in caves or some shit as a sketch drawing and you manipulate the environment rather than the game character? Yeah, that was shit.

Yes (Kindergarten Cop is awesome too. Also Raw Deal)
and
Yes (I know it's an indie game but I still didn't find it that great)

midonnay

god foot locker was crazy.... about 3 tables of shoes in the middle..... packed full of ppl so you can barely move....attendants chucking shoes like gridiron.

and then only one checkout :/

Shaneus

Yes (Kindergarten Cop is awesome too. Also Raw Deal)
and
Yes (I know it's an indie game but I still didn't find it that great)
Yah, along the lines of K-Cop is what I was thinking. Yay!

Just picked up a 5-port HDMI switcheroo for $70 at Jaycar. Extra awesome because I needed an extra cable and as some kind of unadvertised promo, they threw in one without me asking! Yay... stuff!

Top Bottom