• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Hey Shaneus! Forza 4 Season Pass is on special today only.

Also I have no experience with Netflix outside of hearing that it is now on PS3 and is super cheap apparently.

Ventron

Nightmare Before Christmas didn't have as much funny Halloween/Christmas conflict as I thought it would, which was a tad disappointing.

QUESTION

Does anyone have any experience with http://www.unblock-us.com/ + Netflix? Aon totally uses it and says it works. But also, is there a better alternative (besides pie ratting it, I guess)?

I use Firefox's proxy settings. Go to:

http://nntime.com/proxy-country/United-States-01.htm

Pick one, then enter the IP address/port as your HTTP proxy. Some don't work and most go down after a short while, so make sure to set the proxy back when you're done.
This works on Hulu for me. No downloads, no payment :)

Everyone should just watch Children of Men and bask in one of the greatest films of the last decade.

Fucking A. Cuaron is the man. iirc Legend loves it too.

New Skrillex EP is disappointing.

You say this like you were expecting it to be anything but.

One of my favourite films of the last decade along with Zodiac, (500) Days of Summer and In Bruges.

:)

In Bruges > 500 > Zodiac but all great movies.

Yagharek

Salazar, whats your allegiance in international football, and what do you think of technology being used for referee decisions?

Salazar

Salazar, whats your allegiance in international football, and what do you think of technology being used for referee decisions?

I don't care a great deal about national sides. At that point, it just becomes comedy and elegance and spectacle, more than feeling or allegiance.

I approve of it for goal-line and offside calls but not for tackles that might or might not be a penalty or a send-off. I appreciate that this is not a qualification FIFA, nor other federations, are likely to consider, though.

Rahk

Not too many modifications. Turned out a bit Dragon Agey because of the colour scheme though. Actually, I think I might have just drawn Alistair, though I don't really remember what he looks like.

tumblr_lwsreyg9X91qgs4kho1_500.jpg
Awesome.

It's probably not important, but one thing you might consider changing is the collarbone(?). Seems out of place or maybe the lines are too thick. Just a minor niggle that my eye is drawn to whenever I look at it for some reason.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
So I was given a box of TimTams called a "Metre of TimTams" which comes in a one metre long box. Obviously..

Turns out there is only 15 in that box. Misleading much?

I hate movies with cliffhanger endings, Ef that noise. Not saying its a bad movie, but i would of liked to see a happy ending to a depressing film.

I liked it that they didn't take the cheap/easy way out at the end.

Speaking of british movies, everyone should go and watch Layer Cake. Such an awesome movie.

I hate movies with cliffhanger endings, Ef that noise. Not saying its a bad movie, but i would of liked to see a happy ending to a depressing film.
I love movies with ambiguous endings, as long as the rest of the movie has been good enough to warrant that ending. Cube is a great example.

But, I don't think Children Of Men had an ambiguous ending. Still an awesome movie.

Awesome.

It's probably not important, but one thing you might consider changing is the collarbone(?). Seems out of place or maybe the lines are too thick. Just a minor niggle that my eye is drawn to whenever I look at it for some reason.

oh i just saw that and it grossed me out.

Gazunta

Jintor, nice work.

I'm spending most of the Xmas holidays so far mostly offline. Any time in front of the computer is spent making my website not completely suck. Almost there!!

Donkey Kong Country Returns is FUCKING HARD. But wow is it pretty.

Ventron

The Godfather: fuuuuuck this is a long movie. I'm having trouble keeping up with who all the characters are. In fact, was there even a plot at all, except for
Michael taking over as Godfather
?

Yagharek

Really enjoying Zelda, but fuck me there sure is a lot of it.

How much of it have you played?

Do what I did and avoid any and all impressions (good or bad). I have had a look in the official thread and any thread vaguely discussing the game, and dear me does it seem as if people played a wildly different game to the one I did.

I will second your comment - there is a lot of it.

Sonic Generations is $10 from US Steam.
Bulletstorm is $5 from US Steam.

Big Fish is pretty good if slightly sappy

a quick squizz at imdb and edward scissorhands + ed woods turns up.
Big FIsh looks like the kind of movie I would like, will keep it in mind.
Edward Scissorhands is another movie I loved as a kid that on reflection isn't as great as I remember. Much better than Beetlejuice at least.
Ed Wood was indeed a fantastic movie, totally forgot that it was by Burton.

Pee Wee Herman's Big Adventure is a great movie
The little bits and pieces I have seen of Pee Wee Herman have scared me away for watching the movie, is it fairly different?
Sleepy Hollow and From Hell were okay I guess. Not great, just okay rental affairs.

Merry chrtistmas everyone...sorry for the late wishes, i've been sort of wasted these last 3-4 days.
Merry Xmas dude!

So I was given a box of TimTams called a "Metre of TimTams" which comes in a one metre long box. Obviously..

Turns out there is only 15 in that box. Misleading much?
Isn't that the same number that's in a normal packet of TimTams? Are they bigger than usual? Longer? More Chocolate? Encrusted in jewels? Something, anything that makes them different?

That's deplorable!

Donkey Kong Country Returns is FUCKING HARD. But wow is it pretty.
Another game that proves that hardware limitations cannot stop excellent art design from shining through.

I had a weird dream that involved Gazunta last night. Made all the more weird that I never remember/have dreams, the last one I remember recalling upon rising was nearly 2 years ago.

For some reason I was looking for old (1990's) movies to download to watch and after scrolling through crap crap crap I came across a dozen that I really wanted to see (no idea what they were, Raw Deal was probably one of them) and noticed that they were all uploaded by a guy with Gaz's avatar. That is about all I remember.

Probably brought upon by me looking at old Arnie movies on Wikipedia while talking with Shaneus. This is not a Penny Arcade Spiderman situation I assure you.

Another game that proves that hardware limitations cannot stop excellent art design from shining through.
It also looks incredible on Dolphin.

Jintor

How much of it have you played?

Do what I did and avoid any and all impressions (good or bad). I have had a look in the official thread and any thread vaguely discussing the game, and dear me does it seem as if people played a wildly different game to the one I did.

I will second your comment - there is a lot of it.

I just ran through the first dungeon for a second time, if that helps any. Yeah, I've been avoiding all impressions except AusGAF, as per usual.

Woke up sobbing lol

Shaneus

Big Fish would be a good movie to watch with your little fella, reptile.

As for Generations and Bulletstorm being so damn cheap... fuuuuuuu. I think I bought Generations for $15 on Amazon and have no regrets about it, but if one can get it gifted on Steam, go for it!

I'll be getting Bulletstorm, if only to have it in Steam rather than having to get Origin (although I believe it installs some kind of mini-client).
Isn't that the same number that's in a normal packet of TimTams? Are they bigger than usual? Longer? More Chocolate? Encrusted in jewels? Something, anything that makes them different?

That's deplorable!
Maybe it's the same as a regular packet, but they're laid end-to-end? If so, brilliant marketing strategy!

Shaneus

Oh, if it helps AusGAF, I've tried a few different ways to get a US Steam game without having to rely on outside sources, but I failed. Under VPN, setup a new Steam account, tried to buy $5 steambucks with my Aus Paypal but with a US address in Steam and new US delivery address in Paypal, but still no joy. Damnit :(

Pretty sure I'm done with Skyrim. Got bored with it.

Does anybody with experience with CSS know how I could modify a tumblr theme to more closely resemble a magazine in the style of, let's say, The Old Idle Thumbs Site? I think there's something in the magazine format - with boxouts and pullquotes and standfasts - that I really like.

Tried looking in the uploaded themes? Also there is probably some help here if you want to do it trial and error style. Haven't made a site since high school.

The last time I played counterstrike I was the only person left alive on my team and I killed the entire other side myself. I realised I was never going to do any better than that and stopped playing

Normal Tim Tams packets have 11 biscuits. There are Internet groups devoted to rooting out the cause of the Tim Tam Prime Number Conspiracy.

OK, Facebook groups. But still.
It's to cause arguments, plain and simple. 11 cannot be divided evenly into any grouping.

Haddin looked like a confused geriatric in that innings, had no idea what kind of game to play.

Don't the 3rd umpires have a decent setup? Channel 9 ran the replay straight away and any doubt of that wicket was erased within 20 seconds yet the umpires had to wait for what seemed like 2+ minutes?

Also X3 is taking for goddamnever to download. Ran at 50kbps the entire time even though I installed Anomaly this morning at 1mbps. Steam you so crazy.

Top Bottom