• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

guidop

yay

the tea party got smacked in the US primary yesterday

take that you fucking backwards shitheads.

Bachmann has pulled out. VICTORY

US isnt so fucking stupid after all.

They voted for Ron Paul. Ron Paul while not a tea party candidate is far more enticing or should be to tea part folk then Bachmann or Perry. It would be great if Paul won the nomination, while he would be pretty a disastrous President for Americans his foreign policy and drug policy would be great for everyone else

Declare at lunch?

it's called a Flystrike. Look it up and be disgusted
As someone who grew up on a farm flystrike was always a big issue that we drenched for every year. Not a nice sight. Once a sheep goes down with it most farmers in our area would put them down near a dam somewhere. Preventive measures were the go. Always fun shearing that area of the sheep! Sorry that it happened to a pet, horrible thing to happen to an animal.

Or in my case where I wouldn't mind having a stuff around with it and then transfer to a local server in March.
Chicken dinner. Most people I know who are picking it up have said the same thing, give it a run now and if they like it they can transfer later, if they don't like it then no bother.

pilonv1

Gaz i doubt it. They see an opportunity to have a early release and make money. They don't give a rats arse about the CS level or anything like that.

EB doesn't give a shit there is no local CS, queue times are 3 hours etc.

Basically this, it's online only so they won't accept returns of any kind. If someone complains they'll pass them on to the EA customer service.

and in more shit EA news NFL blitz is US only

Probably the strangest thing I've ever seen. North America only? Makes no sense.

As you said Choc this generation is so stupid sometimes.

Choc

Banned
Basically this, it's online only so they won't accept returns of any kind. If someone complains they'll pass them on to the EA customer service.

Probably the strangest thing I've ever seen. North America only? Makes no sense.

As you said Choc this generation is so stupid sometimes.

and then EA will tell EB to deal with it and EB will have a fit and then it will get messy.

so stupid.

pilonv1

and then EA will tell EB to deal with it and EB will have a fit and then it will get messy.

so stupid.

Yeah, EA will say "not supported in your country as it hasn't been released" and tell them to go back to the retailer. Repeat x infinity.

EB may be expecting only MMO hardcores to pick it up who would be less hassle with customer service, but then they're the most likely to have bought keys online.

I wonder how the delay will have impacted the launch due to people buying keys online.

Choc

Banned
there is no doubt the fact they didnt IP block means bioware felt they had a breather and only the hardcores would get it which is fine

but now they might have to rush it

This looks rad as hell. Why can't actual developers make Kinect games as kick arse as people who are sitting in their bedrooms?

http://www.ausgamers.com/news/read/3159069?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ausgamers%2Fnews+%28AusGamers+News%29

Yesterday I went to my girlfriend's house to move her room around to fit a wardrobe in her dad/stepmum got her. We went outside to feed her rabbit and she was feeling thin when we patted her and barely ate her food, if anything. We thought it was because of her cage being full and we pick her up and there is fucking HEAPS of dried shit on her ass so we take her out the front to clean her off and notice there a massive hole in her ass with maggots crawling around in there.

At this point I start calling vets around the area and none of them have an opening until 4:00-4:30. One says if we take her now for a checkup and they gauge it really bad they'll take her in straight away. We go, nurse takes her and they gauge it's bad but not bad enough that other appointments shouldn't go ahead of her. It was apparently the latter to them.

After like 30 minutes the vet sees her, looks at her and tells us they CAN operate to get all the shit out, fix up the edges of the wound to be clean and then dress her, but hey hey! It'll cost upwards of $500. So they recommend us to go to the Lort Smith animal hospital. We go, get checked in and wait. For at least an hour. Now my girlfriend lives in Epping/Lalor and this is in North Melbourne (which is the other side of town, for you non-Melbourne folk) so it took 30-40 to drive there through the city at 5pm and we initially discovered the problem at 3:30pm. And maggots have been eating her flesh all this time.

Finally see another vet (6pm) and she basically says we gotta put her down, can't do anything more. So we say our goodbyes and she takes her into a back room and I pay and we're out.

All in all a pretty shit day. We did end up moving her room around to keep busy, looks good.

edit: it's called a Flystrike. Look it up and be disgusted

Dude that sucks. Poor thing.
Flystrike is why farmers mules sheep. You know the thing that PETA et al are against because its so cruel? Stopping that is why farmers do it. Although I do think there are more humane ways to deal with it these days. Don't quote me on that bit though. I could be wrong

Muglh.gif
Runs fiesta out there for the guys this match. Great to see the middle order standing up and making big scores. Also Hussey is the nicest man in the team and is a top bloke. HUSSEY FOR CAPTAIN.
relax, joking. although he does have a better average...

giri

The fact that the Aussies haven't declared is down right fucking moronic. Slowing down the scoring rate this morning was fkn stupid. They should have gone out there with a plan to average 6 an over and got the job done for the fkn team, not slow it down so they could get their records.

Batting after lunch is pure folly.

Clarke now has the highest score ever at the SCG and is looking very good for a triple century.

India don't look like they will bowl us out until middle of next year. All that is of concern now is what Clarke will see as enough is enough. We already lead by 400, at this point India will only bat for the draw.

The fact that the Aussies haven't declared is down right fucking moronic. Slowing down the scoring rate this morning was fkn stupid. They should have gone out there with a plan to average 6 an over and got the job done for the fkn team, not slow it down so they could get their records.

Batting after lunch is pure folly.

I think Clarke is going to bat for as long as possible so he can break all the records he can.

They could easily declare once Clarke has his 300 and win by an innings with a day to spare.

Jintor

Bloody PSN keeps dropping as I play Dark Souls and it boots me out of the game. At least it has the decency to autosave.

hamchan

It's only day 3. Clarke can break all the records with enough time to spare before stumps today. Then he'll declare and India still has to stay in for 2 days.

Choc

Banned
India don't look like they will bowl us out until middle of next year. All that is of concern now is what Clarke will see as enough is enough. We already lead by 400, at this point India will only bat for the draw.

Remember Test #1 vs england last year

siddle got a hatrick 1st innings

England batted 2 days for a draw

giri

I think Clarke is going to bat for as long as possible so he can break all the records he can.

They could easily declare once Clarke has his 300 and win by an innings with a day to spare.

Maybe you've forgotten just how good this Indian batting line up is. There's no guarantee they'll tear through it a second time. They could quite easily put on 600 themselves, or bat out 2 days.

Going back out there is pure vanity and not a good choice for the team to WIN. And AU needs to win, you're in a winning position, don't go and fuck it up.

It's only day 3. Clarke can break all the records with enough time to spare before stumps today. Then he'll declare and India still has to stay in for 2 days.

Records? I think haydens is the highest ever score by an aussie, and that was 400 something? if we're batting after tea today, we've decided we're not playing cricket, but "keep our spots in the team".

Fredescu

Maybe you've forgotten just how good this Indian batting line up is. There's no guarantee they'll tear through it a second time. They could quite easily put on 600 themselves, or bat out 2 days.
You're making a pretty good argument for staying in there.

I think it's pretty close to declaration time, but there's no need to man the panic stations yet.

Choc

Banned
sydney forecast is 2 days rain

that will buoy india

i would wager that hussey wouldn't have got 100 if the top order didnt do well

middle order collapses will continue in Australia. They only bat well when the guys @ the top do well

its always been like that, even in haydos and langers days

Choc

Banned
its true

australia were very often 0/200

that kinda start gives the rest of them quite confidence

they come in under pressure and they wilt

Omikron

You're making a pretty good argument for staying in there.

I think it's pretty close to declaration time, but there's no need to man the panic stations yet.

As you say, 392 (the current lead) isn't a lay down that India will be dismissed under that score, despite their recent form and a flat as track. Another 100, declaring just before Tea or something seems on the cards for mine.

The only real threat to a win is rain, if choc's rumour mongering isn't exaggerated. Again. :p

Clarke's bat.

Bloody PSN keeps dropping as I play Dark Souls and it boots me out of the game. At least it has the decency to autosave.
Strange, never had any problems with PSN. Had more than a few issues with having to power cycle the router for the 360 when everything else was running fine.

Remember Test #1 vs england last year
siddle got a hatrick 1st innings
England batted 2 days for a draw
Our bowling lineup is in much better condition and India aren't looking too good with the bat.

Clarke needs to declare once he hits 300 though. No need to go on with it anymore.

Fredescu

always seemed they had a good start though

time has clouded my memory
The partnerships of Langer+Ponting and Hayden+Ponting both have higher averages than Hayden+Langer. Hayden+Ponting had more 100 partnerships. Not that they weren't a good opening pair, but their success didn't determine how the middle order went.

Why? He'll hit 300 pretty soon so there's still plenty of time left. Wouldn't be surprised to see him just start smashing the ball though.
Lead of 400 gives plenty for our bowlers to be attacking. Even if India make 600 we will be left 200 to chase. At this point it is more likely that India will fold, they have been ground into submission these past few days and unless the openers come out and smash a quick fire hundred we shouldn't lose the psychological edge. And then we get to bat again as a last resort. The longer we bat the less time India have to block out to a draw, depending on the weather as well. I can see Clarke batting to tea but I don't see why we still need to be batting after that. India have been out in the field for a long ass time now and our bowlers will be fresh and keen to rip them out.

The partnerships of Langer+Ponting and Hayden+Ponting both have higher averages than Hayden+Langer. Hayden+Ponting had more 100 partnerships. Not that they weren't a good opening pair, but their success didn't determine how the middle order went.
Yeah we had a damn fun batting team. So enjoyable to watch.

There are very few copies of SWTOR for walk-in customers, most of the stock EB is getting is to cover preorders only. This seems like a good thing to me, customers who took the effort to preorder are being rewarded.

What a knock. Destroyed his previous best and made a huge score that will always stand out. Very few chances given to the Indian bowlers and some fantastic shots to watch. If this doesn't make people respect him more I don't know what will apart from the Ashes.

Muglh.gif

Will buy some scotch tonight in his honour. I'm sure he would like that.

Choc

Banned
There are very few copies of SWTOR for walk-in customers, most of the stock EB is getting is to cover preorders only. This seems like a good thing to me, customers who took the effort to preorder are being rewarded.

i got no problem with EB Doing this, if EB is prepared to deal with customers pains

and realise EA can't

and before one of your EB drones comes back and says EA should because its customer service and required well then

-why should EA have to be forced to deal with something not of their own doing
-Have their plans completely FUCKED UP by a company out of their control doing something out of their control
-Be forced to rush costly plans ahead to open up servers and call centres for the oceanic region

because some little shit company wants to make a lot of money, fast.

The fact is they shouldn't because its not EA's responsibilities. Customers take risks importing, EB does as well. But they will try to be CUNTS About the whole thing you can guarantee it.

Top Bottom