• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

legend166

The fact that the Aussies haven't declared is down right fucking moronic. Slowing down the scoring rate this morning was fkn stupid. They should have gone out there with a plan to average 6 an over and got the job done for the fkn team, not slow it down so they could get their records.

Batting after lunch is pure folly.

lol?

If we can't bowl them out in two days + one session we don't deserve to win.

pilonv1

The real story isn't SWTOR being imported by a big retailer months early, it's what happens after. This isn't Zelda and Gametraders.

senahorse

I say go on, let pup get 381. Still 2 solid days to bowl out a demoralised outfit. According to the bom the weather forecast is a shower or two tomorrow and cloudy the next day, certainly not the doom and gloom some are predicting.

It'd be interesting to see whether he had the support of the team to go all the way or whether as captain he was expected to declare as that's probably much better for the team.

Grand scheme of things and compared to ea yes they are ( eb aus)

EB Australia have quite a big company behind them. Depends on how much shit EA want to try and start over what seems like a low level stock for the pre-orders. After all, EB had to buy those games somewhere that pays EA. Not like they are pirate copies. EB carry a lot of games for EA. Plus EA were nice enough to try and cut the second hand market for them down. ;)

Fredescu

Grand scheme of things and compared to ea yes they are ( eb aus)
To be fair, "EB Aus" isn't the "Grand scheme of things". I'm sure EB Aus is bigger than EA Aus. If you want to compare someone to EA global, you have to compare them to Gamestop.

edit: beaten by a reptile.

legend166

It'd be interesting to see whether he had the support of the team to go all the way or whether as captain he was expected to declare as that's probably much better for the team.

Are you serious?

We're not even halfway through the Test Match yet!

I knew people would find a way to turn this on Clarke.

If the decision turns out to be the wrong one (e.g. ends in a draw), it'll probably be seen as him being selfish, so yes, people will turn on him.

Choc

Banned
Bullshit #1

According to EB, its stores began importing and selling Star Wars: The Old Republic because EA and Bioware hadn’t yet provided an official release date for the game.

1st March idiots

EB believes any issues local customers that arise in Australia will be adequately dealt with. There’s no need to incur huge phone bills when customers can use a variety of different online services to solve their problems.

Look at official forums. NO ONE has had anything resolved by the in game ticket system because its overloaded. You are reccomended to phone right now to get things done.

edit: didnt Lara get 470?

giri

lol?

If we can't bowl them out in two days + one session we don't deserve to win.

That is such a .... there's no real polite way to put it, arrogant or ignorant, statement.

This isn't the most powerful AU batting lineup of all time, and they've batted for 2 days. This is one hell of an Indian lineup.

senahorse

If we are going to keep batting Clarke might as well go for the record of 400, set by Lara I think?

It's interesting that Lara's score isn't on the list shown by the commentary. It shows Hayden's 380 as the highest, but you are correct.

Setting up multicast streams of digi tv at work was a great thing, desktop sport is awesome :D

edit: ah, it's just Aussie records

Dead Man

Bullshit #1

According to EB, its stores began importing and selling Star Wars: The Old Republic because EA and Bioware hadn’t yet provided an official release date for the game.

1st March idiots

EB believes any issues local customers that arise in Australia will be adequately dealt with. There’s no need to incur huge phone bills when customers can use a variety of different online services to solve their problems.

Look at official forums. NO ONE has had anything resolved by the in game ticket system because its overloaded. You are reccomended to phone right now to get things done.

Wait. You are saying the official ticket system is overloaded, and that is a problem for EB? I don't think it works that way...

Fredescu

So... the same as EB selling imports of SWOTR?
Not the same, but pretty similar yeah. It sounds like EA plans to have some sort of local servers and locally oriented support. A retailer selling an imported copy will screw over those early customers that aren't aware that a "better" version is coming.

MrSerrels

Bullshit #1

1st March idiots

edit: didnt Lara get 470?

To be fair, Bioware's announcement was a target for March 1st -- in no way was it an official announcement.

But you're right on bullshit #2. EB: "THE INTERNETZ WILL FIX IT ALL LOL!"

hamchan

Not the same, but pretty similar yeah. It sounds like EA plans to have some sort of local servers and locally oriented support. A retailer selling an imported copy will screw over those early customers that aren't aware that a "better" version is coming.

There's already a large group of Aussies playing the game, and The Harbinger and The Swiftsure servers have pretty much become the de facto Australian servers for the game. I'm sure once EA put up the official Australian servers they'll offer free character transfers.

Choc

Banned
the ticket system is not eb's fault

its just not a world class system and they are going to get people wanting refunds as shit wont get resolved without a phone call. EB won't refund and customer will crack shits. EB will put pressure on EA Au to resolve it, even though its not EA's fucking fault at all.

Basically EB have done ZERO research into this whatsoever. They should have researched what support levels are like right now etc

but no its all about the money, who gives a fuck if its a bad experience. Like i said customers take a risk importing and understand it. A retailer does as well but EB is going to try and pass the buck

They already did in that article. Go talk to Biowares world class service WHO ISNT EVEN SUPPOSED TO BE FUCKING SERVING YOU YET

Yagharek

Turn on the tv after sleeping post-nightshift. Turn over to cricket.

0_0

Scores like this dont come around often at all. Clarke should bat until he gets out. Hope he gets 400+.

edit: oh.

Well great effort anyway.

Choc

Banned
also we should never forget this, ever.

The Ashes - 1st Test
Australia v England

England innings 1 Total (all out; 76.5 overs; 360 mins) 260 (3.38 runs per over)

Aus innings 1 Total (all out; 158.4 overs; 662 mins) 481 (3.03 runs per over)

England Innings 2 Total (1 wicket dec; 152 overs; 630 mins) 517 (3.40 runs per over)

Aus Innings 2 Total 107

England did it. India can. and that would give them massive momentum like it did ENG

Fredescu

I'm sure once EA put up the official Australian servers they'll offer free character transfers.
I would be very suprised if character transfers are available at the same time as the new servers, and that they will be free when they do arrive. No MMO I've ever played was fast at introducing transfers.

MrSerrels

Yes, and that is a risk EB will have to take. I still don't see the problem.

I guess consumers will call EA and get shitty about a problem they have no way of solving. I would imagine that would suck for EA. That's in addition to the obvious bypassing of the traditional supply chain. It's not great for the local industry as a whole. It subverts it in a lot of ways.

EB get to take the high ground and say 'it's for our customers', which we all know is a load, but if all retailers grey imported it would have a negative impact on the local industry as a whole. This is an industry that provides marketing collateral and marketing dollars for retailers like EB.

Dead Man

also we should never forget this, ever.

The Ashes - 1st Test
Australia v England

England innings 1 Total (all out; 76.5 overs; 360 mins) 260 (3.38 runs per over)

Aus innings 1 Total (all out; 158.4 overs; 662 mins) 481 (3.03 runs per over)

England Innings 2 Total (1 wicket dec; 152 overs; 630 mins) 517 (3.40 runs per over)

Aus Innings 2 Total 107

England did it. India can. and that would give them massive momentum like it did ENG
Hell, India did it in India against Australia after a follow on.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/63920.html

I guess consumers will call EA and get shitty about a problem they have no way of solving. I would imagine that would suck for EA. That's in addition to the obvious bypassing of the traditional supply chain. It's not great for the local industry as a whole. It subverts it in a lot of ways.

EB get to take the high ground and say 'it's for our customers', which we all know is a load, but if all retailers grey imported it would have a negative impact on the local industry as a whole. This is an industry that provides marketing collateral and marketing dollars for retailers like EB.

Yeah, I get that, but anything that puts pressure on pubs to get games here at the same time as everywhere else is good to me in the long term. The traditional supply chain is not something I am really enamoured of.

legend166

That is such a .... there's no real polite way to put it, arrogant or ignorant, statement.

This isn't the most powerful AU batting lineup of all time, and they've batted for 2 days. This is one hell of an Indian lineup.

An Indian lineup that has proven to be out of form.

Anyway, it's moot now because Clarke declared. But I think he could have batted midway through the final session and it would have been a perfectly legitimate course of action.

The problem is that consumers will be well within their right to rock up and demand a full cash refund.
I didn't think EB go refunds for PC games or online games?

They already did in that article. Go talk to Biowares world class service WHO ISNT EVEN SUPPOSED TO BE FUCKING SERVING YOU YET
Bioware have already said they won't block people in Australia from playing. What is the difference between offering it in stores in small amounts to allowing people to import it from the US or UK? The ticket system is overloaded, including Australians who imported since day one. The decision by EB will certainly make it even more overloaded, I agree. The fact of the matter is that Bioware signed off on Australian gamers playing on US servers.

But I think he could have batted midway through the final session and it would have been a perfectly legitimate course of action.
Better as a captain to make the decision that's seen to be a decision for the good of the team, especially if you want to remain as captain.

Top Bottom