• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Stackboy

Thanks for the Android advice guys. But GPS is turned off and so is bluetooth. I only check it 2-3 times a day for twitter and mail and the battery is still trained.

I think I just got a bad batch.

How does Trine go using the controller? Do you still have to make the symbol shapes? :S
Yes, you do the shapes. The only one I had any difficulty with getting right every time was the triangle as it often seemed to think mine wasn't triangly anough.

However I found the game way easier with a controller vs. keyboard and mouse.

midonnay

We need to find some premade low-carb stuff in AUS just for those of us who are interested in cutting out some carbs. Along with good food to make and brands locally that makes it easy.

White bread seems to be the killer for me and randomly eating it along with someone else after dinner as well. Most of my dinner is meat and veg, which i believe is a-ok and suggested. It's the extras and high intake of bread that's killing me.

shirataki noodles?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shirataki_noodles

probably can find in many asian groceries.

Jintor

I have like a dozen on tumblr...

asianfashionn.tumblr.com, southkoreans.tumblr.com, takemetoseoul.tumblr.com, f-a-s-s-h-o-n.tumblr.com, electroheart.tumblr.com... basically they all reblog one another so if you find one you'll just end up in an infinitely cascading rabbithole.

Damn wish I could even get down to 73kgs. Why would you want to go under 70 though? seems really light for a guy.

I'm the opposite; I can't put on weight. Been sitting between 62-66kg since I stopped growing. I'm 181cm so I look skinny. If someone was shorter than me I could see them wanting to float around in the 60s.

In the last couple of years I've been able to tone up a bit but without eating some serious amounts of food I can't see myself bulking up.

Clipper

Having gone from 135kg to 97kg last year and just see-sawing between 97 and 100 since the start of December, I truly envy you guys in the 70s...

Rezbit

Oh WTF Steam now you release some shitty patch rolling back some drivers on L4D2 and you're making me download 1gb and counting AGAIN? Stop chewing my downloads a-holes!

Jintor

The other deal is that I stopped doing martial arts recently :<

I wasn't enjoying it anymore, so I stopped. It's a pity. I'm sure I'll replace it with some other art eventually.

shan, fight me

Oh WTF Steam now you release some shitty patch rolling back some drivers on L4D2 and you're making me download 1gb and counting AGAIN? Stop chewing my downloads a-holes!

Might want to verify the integrity of you're L4D2 install, my patch was only 22mb or so.

Rezbit

I'm about 60kg but I'm only 175cm, so it looks normal. Someone really tall and the same weight would probably look a bit odd though.

Interesting. I'm about the same height, and at my leanest and meanest was probably about 72kgs (not near that nowadays).

Shaneus

Good to know. I have a Nando's right outside my front door!
6 KFC nuggets have ~17g. This knowledge almost killed me (and made me ashamed of having to cycle through THREE different KFC outlets in Melbourne. They all knew my "usual" :( ).

<100g a day is a nice easy goal to set. Managable, can still have the occasional pasta/rice mix, and easy enough to calculate.
<20g is basically if you want to hit ketosis and lose a bullshit amount of weight. It's maintainable (during my biggest stretch I had <20g/day for a month and a half) but for a good amount of weight loss without being too intense, 50-100g is a good goal to aim for. If you cut out basically all breads, sugars, grains and carby fruits/veges then it's ridiculously easy. That should allow you the odd pasta dosage a few times a week if you average it all out :)
Just stock up on meats and non-carb veges plus low-sugar/carb protein shakes (these will save you) and you'll never be hungry again. I actually think that once you get in the habit of it, you'll drop your pasta cravings completely. During my low-carb run, any time I'd have even the smallest amount of bread/pasta/sugar, I'd get an intense high for ~30 mins before feeling drained and never wanting to have anything like that again. That alone makes the eating habit easier to maintain.

God damn, sorry everyone for being so wordy. HTH!

FWIW I'm around 6'3" and hit ~73kg at my lowest (around the middle of last year), was around 87kg at the start of last year and am now (ashamedly) at about 80kg (fucking Christmas/laziness). At my most (5-6 years ago?) I would've been nudging triple figures.

I'm the opposite; I can't put on weight. Been sitting between 62-66kg since I stopped growing. I'm 181cm so I look skinny. If someone was shorter than me I could see them wanting to float around in the 60s.

In the last couple of years I've been able to tone up a bit but without eating some serious amounts of food I can't see myself bulking up.
You look like a skinny Mark Webber. God help me (and possibly you too) if you bulk up. Perhaps it's for the best that you can't.

Jintor

Non-carby vegies just means avoid starchy stuff right? Potatos, pumpkins... uh...

What should I be avoiding fruit-wise? I eat a fuck-tonne of fruit. It's delicious.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I'm about 60kg but I'm only 175cm, so it looks normal. Someone really tall and the same weight would probably look a bit odd though.

Same height here and I'm 79/80. 60 is normal? Good god I have a way to go. I think i would be happy with 70, maybe.

MrSerrels

I'm 176 I think and weigh 71.

For me it's just about strength/weight ratio for climbing. Because that's my current obsession!

I'd probably be happy with my weight otherwise!

The current top climber is 5 foot 11 and weighs 58 kilograms!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So JB Hi Fi has dumped the PSVITA 3G because we partnered with Vodafone and they under their terms of trade with telstra are not allowed to sell another telcos device

1. Its not vodafones device.......

2. Those terms of trade would be illegal. the ACC will like to hear about this im sure.

Fuckwit telstra

I don't know why people are discussing it now when this news came out about a month ago.

And it makes sense. 3G Vita is locked to Vodafone, we cannot sell anything other than Telstra. Selling a 3G model is selling a Vodaphone device, regardless of whether or not Vodaphone own the product. Simple.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Choc reckons it isn't locked.

Ahh, that's true. But if I'm correct it ships with a Vodafone SIM, which means we'd be stocking a Vodafone device, and that is a no go.

Remove the SIM and we're good to go.

Choc

Banned
just like its not locked to AT&T

to get a lock, vodafone would be subisidising the unit, guess what, they aren't

JB may be peddling that internally as a fair reason to dump it, but fotm is telstra has you guys by the balls in a highly illegal fashion

Choc

Banned
Ahh, that's true. But if I'm correct it ships with a Vodafone SIM, which means we'd be stocking a Vodafone device, and that is a no go.

Remove the SIM and we're good to go.

im sure telstra realises how illegal in terms of trade it is to demand that.

If JB voluntarily offered that, than well, thats jb's perogative. But if telstra TOT demand it (wouldn't surprise me) then wow.

if we said to EB you can't have VITA until you dump 3DS, guess what, we'd get fucking reamed

disclaimer: Vodafone may offer subsidised units at a lower price locked AND the 24 month contract ones probably will be locked if they go down the 24 mth contract path. They still deciding. The VITA has technology to sim lock. DOCOMO japan is sim locked

Salazar

Ugh.

Being messed around by an online store. Paid for a shirt about a month ago. Supposed to ship in 14 days. Submitted a ticket asking what's going on, got referred to their customer service page where your ticket initiates a "conversation" - and now I'm locked out of that. All that comes up is something telling me that Zend Optimizer (whateverthefuck) is not installed.

Zend Optimizer not installed

This file was encoded by the Zend Guard. In order to run it, please install the Zend Optimizer (available without charge), version 3.0.0 or later.

Seeing this message instead of the website you expected?

This means that this webserver is not configured correctly. In order to view this website properly, please contact the website's system administrator/webmaster with the following message:

The component "Zend Optimizer" is not installed on the Web Server and therefore cannot service encoded files. Please download and install the Zend Optimizer (available without charge) on the Web Server.

Note: Zend Technologies cannot resolve issues related to this message appearing on websites not belonging to Zend Technologies.

So I won't be able to see any response my ticket gets, if it gets one.

Omikron

just like its not locked to AT&T

to get a lock, vodafone would be subisidising the unit, guess what, they aren't

JB may be peddling that internally as a fair reason to dump it, but fotm is telstra has you guys by the balls in a highly illegal fashion

Illegal. Interesting.

Shaneus

Non-carby vegies just means avoid starchy stuff right? Potatos, pumpkins... uh...

What should I be avoiding fruit-wise? I eat a fuck-tonne of fruit. It's delicious.
Veges: Pretty much. Carrots and corn are also no good as they're high-GI (or something, I don't remember the specifics). As for fruit, pretty much all of them as they basically all have sugar in them. Sucks, but them's the breaks. Might have to be lumped into the pasta "luxury" basket if you're even remotely committed to low-carb (even if it's a "lightweight" version of it and not strict <20g) as fruit will spike yer carb/sugar up fairly quickly. Just look at how much sugar is in basically any juice as an example.

Frawdder

Same height here and I'm 79/80. 60 is normal? Good god I have a way to go. I think i would be happy with 70, maybe.
I'm not sure if it's normal, might be on the light side of things but I was just responding to Rezbit's comment "Why would you want to go under 70 though? seems really light for a guy." Just providing another example and saying that it doesn't look out of place because I'm not super tall.

Some quick Googling suggests that a male 175cm tall should be between 60kg and 75kg.

Choc

Banned
Illegal. Interesting.

you're not allowed to punish a store for stocking a competitor. JB just worried about losing its precious fucking iphones

if JB choose not to stock non telstra stuff

fair enough. if its forced upon them, thats illegal

jambo

you're not allowed to punish a store for stocking a competitor. JB just worried about losing its precious fucking iphones

How is it forced upon them if they agreed to it when they made the deal?

EatChildren

Right, but if the contractual obligations with Telstra involve selling Telstra only products, and the Vita ships with a Vodaphone SIM in the box, is this not stocking a competitor's product? The device might not be owned by Vodaphone at all or even locked to any network, but it's still shipping with a Vodaphone branded SIM.

I understand that this is likely a cluster fuck of legal loopholes by Telstra, but what exactly makes this illegal? Selling the 3G Vita, regardless of open networking and being owned by Sony, is selling a product that contains content from Vodaphone. This, to me, seems like a pretty simple (though still stupid) breach of a contract between JB and Telstra.

Remove the SIM from the package and there probably wouldn't be a problem.

Omikron

Right, but if the contractual obligations with Telstra involve selling Telstra only products, and the Vita ships with a Vodaphone SIM in the box, is this not stocking a competitor's product? The device might not be owned by Vodaphone at all or even locked to any network, but it's still shipping with a Vodaphone branded SIM.

I understand that this is likely a cluster fuck of legal loopholes by Telstra, but what exactly makes this illegal? Selling the 3G Vita, regardless of open networking and being owned by Sony, is selling a product that contains content from Vodaphone. This, to me, seems like a pretty simple (though still stupid) breach of a contract between JB and Telstra.

Remove the SIM from the package and there probably wouldn't be a problem.

It is illegal because Sony won't be selling them in JB Hifi.

Top Bottom