• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

For me it really depends on the day. If in interesting thread comes up and I have to leave I end up late because its hard to tear away. Plus its easier to respond quickly.

Ninite will be your friend! I actually remembered it for once.

Woah this is great!

Now all I need are my games on steam. The sims is a 20 gb download D:

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
So i now have an original iPad. I have no idea what to do with it apart from it being an xbmc remote one day.

Suggestions?

It's basically the only way I do my daily Internet browsing no.

iPad is a blessing on the train. Except when someone sits next to me and they witness how I habitually play FIFA on the easiest mode and rack up 20-0 victory after 20-0 victory. One feels a bit self-conscious.

God, it would be travelling to the GC. I get weird about people watching me too, I'm sure I'm being judged for playing angry birds... Actually, I was playing Katawa shojo at the airport yesterday, and this scene with a guy in the shower came up. That was a bit erm... uncomfortable.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I think I can use the iPad to now browse the net in the morning easier, Instead of using my phone since i now turn my PC off at night.

Watch starcraft 2 weekends while I game. woo! Saves me getting a 2nd monitor.

Maybe read the newspaper? Or at least make it look like i'm reading a newspaper and being smart.

Also I can't use my iPhone usb cable to charge it? That blows.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I think I can use the iPad to now browse the net in the morning easier, Instead of using my phone since i now turn my PC off at night.

Watch starcraft 2 weekends while I game. woo! Saves me getting a 2nd monitor.

Maybe read the newspaper? Or at least make it look like i'm reading a newspaper and being smart.

Also I can't use my iPhone usb cable to charge it? That blows.

The charge cord is exactly the same?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Woah, you can do that?

twitch.tv streams for most of them, so yarr.

I use my touchpad to do that when washing the dishes.

move out get a pad evl, use it as a music hub.

Or just put episodes of futurama and community on it and put them on loop and hang it up on the wall.. best artwork ever.

midonnay

I don't care if he's a knob..... the cupboard for aussie mens tennis players is pretty bare....

noone to really cheer for if you put him up to that standard.

Rezbit

Who cares if he's a knob! Michael Clarke is a knob, Shane Warne is a knob, most Australian sportspersons are knobs. As long as they are doing awesome it's okay.

Omikron

In Tonic's defence, he is 19 and had immense talent. I'd be a dick too.

What am I talking about, I am. :-/

Oh and fwiw, not too many make it in elite sport without that sort of personality.

Danoss

Oh and fwiw, not too many make it in elite sport without that sort of personality.

While this is true, it is a shame that it's taken as a given.

My gold standard is Nathan Hindmarsh, there is no bias to my favourite team here. There is no one who can say he isn't a very likable bloke; everybody likes Hindy. You can be aggressive, quietly confident and one of the best whilst being a nice person. This may be because he came from the country, as it seems to be a common trait amongst the country people I know.

What sort of Web dev? From what I have done, the tools are archaic.

Working on a ticketing system for my sister's boyfriend's company. I wish they'd get married already so I can use the less-stupid sounding brother in law. Regardless, we've been using Yii Framework as the backbone with PHP on Ubuntu with KDE (Kubuntu).

Using KDevelop with MySQL Workbench and random shit in terminal. It's only been a few days and it's been pretty easy to pick up. Yii uses a Model-View-Controller architecture and yeah.

----

I have a massive dilemma though. Depending on the mentor for the Incubator (3 months small business course + free trip to America/GDC and 6 months devopment of a game and help with marketing and so on and so on), or continue my internship.

Theoretically I can do both, but it'd be a fucking assload of work. Regardless. My thought at the moment is I'm gonna stick with the web dev until next year (or longer) and just go to GDC next year and go to iFest, Aussie GDC, and whatever else we have here in the meantime. I've got until the end of January to decide regardless.

----

DUDES: Need recommendations for an ADSL1/2+ (I'm assuming 2+ also works with ADSL1) router/modem combo for roughly $100. Hit me with your best shot.

edit: poor leo
tumblr_lxwij8kZhd1qlconpo1_500.gif

Danoss

Need recommendations for an ADSL1/2+ (I'm assuming 2+ also works with ADSL1) router/modem combo for roughly $100. Hit me with your best shot.

The Billion 7300RA has been a great performer in the many installations I have done. QoS is absolute rubbish, but it's a consumer router so it's to be expected.

I don't like wireless and I use the above for modem duties only. I pass the routing job off to a custom router which does that and QoS wonderully.

VVV Azarenka needs to be gagged.

Leo has had a tough year, poor guy.

But he is a knob.

I realise this might not be a prime concern to people who can tolerate the existence of Shane Warne, but Tomic is a knob.
He is a knob.

I don't always watch the Tennis, but when I do I certainly don't watch Tomic

Actually I hate Tennis, only watch it for the noises the women make. So entertaining.

Accepted an invitation to a party where I will know a maximum of two people, and them only a little. Hate this.
Only choice, get drunk early to ease the uncomfortableness and dial in on their interests. Also everybody loves beer pong, bring some cups and balls and you will be the life of the party.

DUDES: Need recommendations for an ADSL1/2+ (I'm assuming 2+ also works with ADSL1) router/modem combo for roughly $100. Hit me with your best shot.

I'm using a Netgear DG834G. Been fantastic from day one for PC through ether and wireless; 360, PS3 and 2 mobile phones.

The Billion 7300RA has been a great performer in the many installations I have done. QoS is absolute rubbish, but it's a consumer router so it's to be expected.

I don't like wireless and I use the above for modem duties only. I pass the routing job off to a custom router which does that and QoS wonderully.

I'm fairly sure it was you who recommended this to me a few months ago. I need the combo, because I'm already way over trying to debug a modem and router separately. At least if this new one breaks I know who the culprit is instantly.

TP-Link TD-W8960N, uses a Broadcom chipset (which means it will do all the things awesomely) I've been using one for the last year without issue.

This looks great, Whirlpool says its $97 also. Centercom's online price for it is very attractive too. It's probably around $80 instore.

I'm using a Netgear DG834G. Been fantastic from day one for PC through ether and wireless; 360, PS3 and 2 mobile phones.

Whirlpool says I need to update the firmware to get pieces working on this modem. I'm buying to attempt to futureproof for when I move out into an ADSL2+ area and I'd rather not need to fiddle about with flashing like I did with my current router. It's also listed as $170+, which is way over my budget.

Salazar

Only choice, get drunk early to ease the uncomfortableness and dial in on their interests.

I'm interested in one of the people I barely know, though. There are fairly conservative limits to how drunk I want to be/appear.

Watching Luther. So good.

Women's tennis was legit when Hingis was monstering fools. <3 Martina.

Danoss

I'm fairly sure it was you who recommended this to me a few months ago. I need the combo, because I'm already way over trying to debug a modem and router separately. At least if this new one breaks I know who the culprit is instantly.

That's fair enough man, it's not for everyone.

I use it because I was fed up with the so far below average QoS options that they're effectively useless. I run VoIP-only on an Asterisk PBX at home and a jittery phone call is unacceptable.

I have no idea what you guys are talking about with Modems. I plug stuff in and it goes. If it doesn't go I hit it with a rock like a monkey or hit up Google like a puddle of flesh with no information bearing capabilities.

Started playing Red Faction Underground and the first 2 hours or so were surprisingly overground-esque. A fair amount of time was in some bunker thing but I got to see some of the martian sun bright winds and shoot some dudes dressed up as lizard men for some unexplained reason. New gimic of regenerating stuff and force push is fun. Main negative is the awkward third person perspective where you are up much closer and to the side than is comfortable. Couldn't have possibly been the same in RF Lumberjack. Also it is very much a A out of AAA game. Could easily pass for an expansion pack for Lumberjack.
I heard the campaign is fairly short so that will make my completed games list for the year look better! Only AssCreeBra and Arkham City done so far. RAGE and Saints Row 3 are nearly done so I should get back to them.

Paging fans of Adult Swim and Andre Nosedick. NTSF:SD:SUV:: for your viewing pleasure. Hopefully it is more entertaining than just perving on Rebecca Romijn. EDIT: Okay the first few minutes make it seem worth grabbing.

Yagharek

Because they support SOPA? It's a shame. I'd love to see Facebook with 24hrs of complete downtime.

Ubisoft are probably planning on protesting against Wikipedia protesting against SOPA by taking down THEIR servers, too.

Personally, I'd love to see the world react to facebook being down as long as psn was.

Jintor

God, it would be travelling to the GC. I get weird about people watching me too, I'm sure I'm being judged for playing angry birds... Actually, I was playing Katawa shojo at the airport yesterday, and this scene with a guy in the shower came up. That was a bit erm... uncomfortable.

lol

can't wait for the eroge scenes to play out while you're on public transport

While this is true, it is a shame that it's taken as a given.

My gold standard is Nathan Hindmarsh, there is no bias to my favourite team here. There is no one who can say he isn't a very likable bloke; everybody likes Hindy. You can be aggressive, quietly confident and one of the best whilst being a nice person. This may be because he came from the country, as it seems to be a common trait amongst the country people I know.

I'd agree with that. Hindu is fantastic, and I'm not at all a Para fan. Or nsw. On the other hand I'm also a Justin Hodges fan and he's one if the cockiest, arrogant shit stirers in the nrl.

And I've always disliked tomic but he's winning me over with his skills. He's been playing really well this year. Douche bag or not, the kid has skills. Douche bag or not, at least he's not boring. There's nothing worse than a boring sports person

This new Colbert super Pac ad is amazing. The long herman Cain smile at the end is absolute gold

Top Bottom