• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

This isn't going to end well...

On an unrelated note, have any AusGAFfers had their wisdom teeth removed, and if so how was the experience? I'm having heaps of trouble at the moment as I've got an infection in one of them (so painful), but I just want to the oral surgeon and they all need to come out. $2750...

i got all 4 at the same time. was out of recovery in 30 mins and didnt even need to take a panadol for pain.
all in all im pretty awesome

Deeku

Ok, I'm pretty sure Yama is open for lunch on weekends. It's a cool little Japanese cafe type place in QVB level 2. You can go nerd it up at hobbyco afterwards lol!

It's not really a sushi place, but more just a Japanese food place if that's ok.

Fool, that's one of the Voltron lions.
thats what i said

we already have one of those. his name is syth. they kicked him out though because he was drunk. also you dont eat bacon?????????wtf??????

Chadstone? It's nothing like East Lands. :D
i want to kick you in the balls for saying that. its not fucking "east lands" its 1 word and there is NO S ON THE END"
GAAAARRRRGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHARAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Just bought one of these :lol

mw8Vw.jpg
Where from? I need it goddamn now.

Racists. Nothing wrong with owning a console, especially when they cost so little now.

I applied for GAF back in 2005, I never got the email telling me I got in but my account was actually approved.
Applied again in 2009 and was allowed into these hallowed walls last January (2011), even though my account was activated weeks before I got the email.
Second this. GAF's anti consoleness is kind of annoying at the moment, but I know it'll change as soon as there is a new gen. Also where my PC is set up is super unfomfortable to sit at, but I mostly use it to watch movies/TV so I'm not planning on changing it.

Tony Abbott: Best budgie smuggler or just saggy smarmy arsehole?

His name is fun to say with an Italian-American accent

Holy shit it really is!

Rezbit

Hey guys, Chrome has randomly started having problems with Flash. Eg, whenever I use youtube and close the window it hangs and the plugin crashes. Can't update it because the Adobe site says it updates automatically in Chrome.

Any ideas?

thats what i said

we already have one of those. his name is syth. they kicked him out though because he was drunk. also you dont eat bacon?????????wtf??????

i want to kick you in the balls for saying that. its not fucking "east lands" its 1 word and there is NO S ON THE END"
GAAAARRRRGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHARAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

HAHAHAHA.

Settle down. It's a shopping centre in Tasmania, not Eastland in Ringwood. But you're right, it is one word for the Tasmanian one too.

http://www.eastlandsshopping.com.au/

Shaneus

Holy shit, thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou.

Much love for the old school Transformers. So gutted that I can't give them to my son yet because of all the guns.
There are no Transformers for sale now that are kid-friendly? Shit. I remember the Seaspray I had as a kid and there were heaps of others that didn't have guns. Sucks that they don't have those anymore. Especially the tiny ones. The tiny ones were far cooler IMO than the ones with 50 moving bits.

PS. Put the fucking SNK handheld in your questionnaire, you bastard. This is a three horse race now.

Kritz

Banned
iPad 3 will be out very soon

But it's not like the 2 will get any less expensive...

I kinda wanna get a MacBook pro, actually. Do some iOS development.

I think these decisions would be better made in Tasmania. When I have full access to the mac labs at uni.

Hello there. I just got approved to post here. I am an associate of Jintor's.

So yes. Hello.
He does not say nice things about you...

...and is now furiously editing all of his past posts.

BACON MAN?

I eat white meat but not red meat
Hmmmmm.. I can see why he hates you so much.

Regardless, welcome to whatever the hell it is that we have here.

I was told a year ago (by another dentist) that I needed to get them out, but silly me kept putting it off. The flare ups are happening every 1-2 months now, we are talking excruciating pain... So I went to the dentist on Wed and then got referred to the orthodontic surgeon today. Apparently they are in bad shape, and now quite close to the nerves which give feeling to the lips and tongue, so I don't have a choice. There is a small chance I could lose those nerves permanently with the surgery, but It's just precautionary information I think.

I guess I'll just live on protein shakes?
I'm in pretty much the same position. I apparently have long roots (hello, ladies) which are very close to the nerves that run through the jaw, therefore they're cutting them out rather than wrenching them through the nerves.

I'm all booked in for surgery on the 10th of Feb. I'm just getting a local, I think, so I'll be awake for all of the cutting of flesh and breaking of bones.

Should be tops fun.

MontTrain

Banned
Anyone that buys an iPad 2 with the 3 due out in less than two months is a mug.

Even if you just want a 2 the price will drop with Apple wanting a cheaper option out there.

Gazunta

Kritz seriously if you don't already own an iPad wait for the 3 in a few months. You'll thank yourself later.

And I'm pretty damn evangelical about everyone owning an iPad. It's right up there with Crackdown, Ricki Lee Coulter and reading How To Win Friends And Influence People.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Because, uuummm, it's smaller.

I really am that bad.

Will wait for iPad 3, I suppose. Now, about those MacBook Pros...

Actually I take what i wrote back. I thought there was meant to be an upgrade coming soon but it looks like the latest set of macbooks was released in october of last year. So they haven't been out for too long.

Of course this is apple though. If they ever get that new form factor that's meant to be amazing then we could see them soon. Usually there's an upgrade every 9 - 12 months though.

senahorse

I kinda wanna get a MacBook pro, actually. Do some iOS development.

If it's just for iOS dev, just buy a copy of OSX (about $50 I think) and run it on your PC under VMware or Virtual Box. That's all I did, it works fine, actually ran better than it did on my Macbook Pro.

Kritz

Banned
I think there's also meant to be a new macbook pro at some stage soon. It's almost been a year since the last pro was released and there is talk about the new form factor.

You're better off just waiting a few months in general when it comes to Apple stuff. If the item has been out for over say 9 months, It's bound to get a upgrade within 4.

I have literally never not been told "wait until..." when buying any kind of electronics. Kind of the mind that you're just as well off impulse buying.

Are there any windows or Linux ways to develop apps for ios? Also, anyone have experience with that type of stuff?

I'm at the point in java where I think I could spend about two months on a game and be happy with the results. Maybe.

I'm more thinking of free games, though. Like, small time wasting games. A project like game dev or tiny towers would be really fun to do.

Kritz

Banned
If it's just for iOS dev, just buy a copy of OSX (about $50 I think) and run it on your PC under VMware or Virtual Box. That's all I did, it works fine, actually ran better than it did on my Macbook Pro.

That's really good info, man. Will look into it when I get home.

I wonder if running Osx under VMware makes me more or less of a hipster.

senahorse

Definitely less, but it's a good way to test the waters and see if you are really interested in it. When you get home let me know and I can point you in the right direction with setup and some good learning resources. Once (if?) you want to sell something on the Appstore, then you can look at going totally legit and buying a Mac etc.

Kritz

Banned
Kinda weird that in a year I've gone from "coding is the single scariest thing ever" to "iOS development? Looks easy enough."

Although maybe I'm just overshooting my qualifications a bit.

How many people in AusGAF carry the name Josh now? I do think that Jesus was actually called Josh but they needed to gussy up the bible a bit so they added an extra s in there and a u, because back then chicks digged u's.

Hey guys, Chrome has randomly started having problems with Flash. Eg, whenever I use youtube and close the window it hangs and the plugin crashes. Can't update it because the Adobe site says it updates automatically in Chrome.
Any ideas?
Flash going the way of the dodo. Thankfully the community come up with a fix every couple of weeks for all the bullshit that happens with them. Had major problems with Flash 12 months ago.

PS. Put the fucking SNK handheld in your questionnaire, you bastard. This is a three horse race now.
I ain't putting it on there until we get more information or at least one of us has hands on! Don't want to be held responsible for broken dreams if it doesn't meet the hype.

Someone help me justify not buying an iPad 2.
:(
Pick up a TouchPad for a quarter of the price and run Android on it. You can have mine for $100! Has a faulty battery though... :)

Also
gross margin, which came in at 44.7 percent during the quarter. Revenue leapt 73 percent to $46.33 billion

I just finished The Darkness II.

There were boobs

Are we talking happy, bouncy boobs or demonic nightmare tear your eyes out and drown your penus in the blood boobs?

I really enjoyed the darker moments in the first game, wondering how differently Jackie will feel to control with the change in developer. Big fan of Digital Extremes work on the Unreal franchise.

Kritz

Banned
Any good places in melb around Kooyong to get some Chinese delivered?

Like, fried rice and some beef or pork. Maybe something like Mongolian beef. Possibly something for vegetarians too?

Also, being in Melbourne feels like I'm five years in the future or something. So many LED /LCD screens dynamically updating with information for transport or shopping or advertising. It's kind of crazy,

Top Bottom