• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
The skyrim gmg lasted 3hrs or there about.

I hope it gets a 25% off sale once the mod section opens up on steam then I can use my 33% Bethesda coupon. Add that to my backlog

Jintor

Any good places in melb around Kooyong to get some Chinese delivered?

Like, fried rice and some beef or pork. Maybe something like Mongolian beef. Possibly something for vegetarians too?

Also, being in Melbourne feels like I'm five years in the future or something. So many LED /LCD screens dynamically updating with information for transport or shopping or advertising. It's kind of crazy,

Wait until you go to Tokyo or Hong Kong or something

5whOe.jpg

DI3hr.jpg

What a run out!

legend166

How stupid are those Tent Embassy dudes?

Yes, spitting on the flag and setting it alight is going to improve the situation for the indigenous population of this country.

Kritz

Banned
Dear every Chinese place in this fucking city: no, I don't want your noodles. Please sell something else.

There are like five places from new town to Hobart with more selection than I've found in all of google maps.

hamchan

How stupid are those Tent Embassy dudes?

Yes, spitting on the flag and setting it alight is going to improve the situation for the indigenous population of this country.

Their actions are turning me against them, making me think Abbott and Bob Carr are right about their Tent Embassy being completely unnecessary, and maybe they should just pack it up. Absolutely shameful behavior.

Jintor

It's especially weird right after that favourable report about peeling back the Race powers section of the Constitution that came out last week.

Any good places in melb around Kooyong to get some Chinese delivered?

Like, fried rice and some beef or pork. Maybe something like Mongolian beef. Possibly something for vegetarians too?

Also, being in Melbourne feels like I'm five years in the future or something. So many LED /LCD screens dynamically updating with information for transport or shopping or advertising. It's kind of crazy,

yeah all those signs are like 6 months old. we are only just catching up. speaking of which when the heck did they move the times at flaggstaff
now you cant see them when your coming down the escalators.
you dont know if your ment to run or not untill its already too late.

legend166

What I don't get is that of all the answers Abbott could have given, what he said was basically the least offensive thing possible, knowing Abbott.

Kritz

Banned
yeah all those signs are like 6 months old. we are only just catching up. speaking of which when the heck did they move the times at flaggstaff
now you cant see them when your coming down the escalators.
you dont know if your ment to run or not untill its already too late.

In Tasmania they print out an a4 piece of paper and tape it to a pole.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
MELBGAF 2.0.

Here's the deal.

1pm on saturday 4 people so far, Arnie, Holy, Kritz and Shaneus are going to meet up at this fucking location. At the damn sign. Unless that sign is missing well then shit.

iCz4O.jpg

Things you should fucking do. GET ON STEAM CHAT and let others know a) what you look like and what you will be wearing. I would have suggested PM'n others on gaf but since holy is banned that's kinda fucking hard. Exchange phone numbers if you feel the need too as well if it makes life easier. TLDR sort your shit out.

How to get there from flinders street station.

Look at this picture, It seems easy enough! Note you can't actually walk down that specific path from flinders street. You either need to cross the road to the left first or walk up 20 meters and take another crossing at the exit of flinders. Walking up lets you walk straight down that path!

xqa8U.jpg

Still confused? Have a reversed image!

0g5Ib.jpg

Rezbit

I wish I was in Melbourne, I feel like Japanese myself. Hako was pretty great, also Chocolate Buddha in Fed Square was okay.

Nasu Dengaku...

Sukiyaki...

TEMPURA!

Salivating right now.

EDIT: LOL AWESOME. Have fun at the meetup guys.

Into Post-metal? These guys are damn good for their first release, free to download from BandCamp. Came across them after finally giving Charlie Chapplin a shot and damn, he was a fucking amazing actor! Can't believe I waited this long to track down his stuff. This is the incredible scene that led me to the band Orion. Blows my mind that this was his first talking picture while also still written and directed himself. So good.

I know I was drunk but I am sure that is not how Beer Deluxe was setup when Shane and I met up. Thoughts Shane? Am I too drunk already?

Wait until you go to Tokyo or Hong Kong or something
Our last trip, as we took off from Seoul, we could make out the gigantic LCD billboards. FROM THE SKY.

Real-avataring for a day or two it as I should be able to make the meet tomorrow. Still managed to include a cup, though.

Played Skyward Sword from midday to about 6pm. I think it's goodness is starting to click. Story spoilers, you've been warned!
Just watched Zelda jump through the time gate at the Temple of Time

Played Skyward Sword from midday to about 6pm. I think it's goodness is starting to click. Story spoilers, you've been warned!
Just watched Zelda jump through the time gate at the Temple of Time

The chevrons are locking! Sorry, Archer reference. I don't even like Stargate. :)

Kritz

Banned
As much as I'd like too, I will probably not go crazy drinking. During tasgaf I think me and rebut knocked back about... Ten pints?

But looking forward to some tasty Melbourne beer.

Rezbit

HAHAH! Redbutt. Oh man and you guys not in Steam are missing Salacious Crumb's hilarious story about his camera. In. Tears.

But yes we drank shitloads at TasGAF, so much so that Clipper needed a break! (mind you his break involved drinking a nearly full strength ginger ale.)

I wish I was in Melbourne, I feel like Japanese myself. Hako was pretty great, also Chocolate Buddha in Fed Square was okay.

Nasu Dengaku...

Sukiyaki...

TEMPURA!

Salivating right now.

EDIT: LOL AWESOME. Have fun at the meetup guys.

I'm meant to be at delicious Japanese right now but stupid Brisbane rain made me bail.

Pretty sure I made the right call though, driving back to Ipswich at 1am in a torrential downpour would have been balls

Salacious Crumb

HAHAH! Redbutt. Oh man and you guys not in Steam are missing Salacious Crumb's hilarious story about his camera. In. Tears.

But yes we drank shitloads at TasGAF, so much so that Clipper needed a break! (mind you his break involved drinking a nearly full strength ginger ale.)

I'll just throw it out there. I bought a camera on ebay, and the memory card that came with it appeared to be full of very explicit sexual acts involving two dashing young gentlemen.

*self avatar quote*

Pretty sure I made the right call though, driving back to Ipswich at 1am in a torrential downpour would have been balls

It'd be just as bad driving back whatever the weather, it's Ipswich.

I kid.

I'll just throw it out there. I bought a camera on ebay, and the memory card that came with it appeared to be full of very explicit sexual acts involving two dashing young gentlemen.

That's hilarious.

In unrelated news, good tennis match.

Shaneus

I ain't putting it on there until we get more information or at least one of us has hands on! Don't want to be held responsible for broken dreams if it doesn't meet the hype.
It's SNK. That's all you need to know. It comes with 20-something games, all awesome. You don't have to buy a memory card at launch, it comes with 2gb. There's no risk of the 3D giving you cancer, because there isn't any. You don't have to worry about shitty online implementation, because there won't be any online at all.

Am I getting through to you?

It's SNK. That's all you need to know. It comes with 20-something games, all awesome. You don't have to buy a memory card at launch, it comes with 2gb. There's no risk of the 3D giving you cancer, because there isn't any. You don't have to worry about shitty online implementation, because there won't be any online at all.

Am I getting through to you?

Sorry I can't hear you. My head is in the Cloud.

Also: Does Steam Mobile do group chat?
Not yet.

Top Bottom