• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Man, I have an awesome fiancee'.

She knows I really want Zelda SS limited edition (gold wiimote bundle) for my birthday (6th of Feb GAF), but hasn't been able to find it anywhere. So she spent the last 30min calling stores all over the place, and managed to track one down at a GAME store (only copy left in NSW) which is about 2 hours from here. It's on hold and we're going to pick it up tomorrow.

Kritz

Banned
02Veml.jpg

uglURl.jpg

9Mrogl.jpg

Danoss

Ah, I was wondering who the blokes up the back were. Due to recent mugshot avatars, most people are identifiable.

Aniseed back right, BananaArnie the young'un back left?

Already on a train. We did tell you to get them before.
Yes danoss I am young. Go me.
Drinks were success. Only broken glasses was the waiter. Though I may have spilt some.

Still cant figure out how to scroll. :(

So how did it all go? Was it worth it? Awkward or just awesome?

Details people since i missed out!
You should have been there.

So the guy on the train next to me who made me move has the tmnt theme as his ring tone. Hes less of a douche.

Edit: since he opened his mouth and startes talking. GET ME OUT OF HERE!!!!!!!!!

Clipper

Congrats on completing the circle of South-East AusGAF meetups, guys (having one member of MelbGAF at SydGAF, one member of SydGAF at TasGAF and one member of TasGAF at MelbGAF)!

Who cares about those other states that only had their own members invited :p

Anybody feel like traveling interstate to attend SydGAF Board Gamers meetup? Hmm... on that point, is the 5th still good for everyone? I'm going to be really busy and probably not showing up much until Friday, so the rest of you can sort out times and stuff if we are still going to do it then.

Edit: Oh wait? Cookie didn't go? Aaaaaggh, the chain is broken :(

Dead Man

Thank the lord! Means it should hit us before 10pm. Been a super dry summer.

Already stopped raining, but still thundering. The rain was heavy as hell too. Nice little summer storm to take the edge off. Temperature dropped right off too. BoM reckons tomorrow will be hot again, but it's bloody nice right now.

You can scroll inside the text entry field by dragging up to view down the entry and drag down to view up. If you tap juuuuuuuuust above the entry area it will flick to the top so you can hit post, otherwise on my Galaxy S2 I hit the back button on my phone and it kicks out of keyboard but doesn't go back a webpage.

oh so its a flight sim then. i think i will just stick to double posts untill they make it better.

Shaneus

I have no idea who the one on the far right is. The rest I think i know.
YOU'D KNOW IF YOU CAME, YOU PIKEY*.

*In this instance, "pikey" is referring to someone as "a piker", not as per the traditional definition of "Irish Traveller, Gypsy or person of low social class". Although in this instance, the latter of the above qualities could certainly apply.

Danoss

Anybody feel like traveling interstate to attend SydGAF Board Gamers meetup? Hmm... on that point, is the 5th still good for everyone? I'm going to be really busy and probably not showing up much until Friday, so the rest of you can sort out times and stuff if we are still going to do it then.

The 5th works for me.

How do we go for organising a place to play at MQU if that is the desired venue? Do we need to book something somehow or do we just show up and there will surely be somewhere for us to go? As you can tell, I've never been to a Uni in my life, so I have no idea.

Hopefully the rest of SydGAF Board Gamers chime in about it soon.

midonnay

saw a doco the other day on Irish traveler boxing....kinda entertaining in a perverse way.

basically told the story of two clans... cousins of each other in fact. They've hated each other for about 50 years and solve their disputes by sending a representative to beat the shit out of each other. (with betting on the side).

some of the lamest fights I've ever seen

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1606259/

Ok, I'm gonna have to go with Pierce Brosnan over Connery,
DRM can go die in a fire,
Red Rock Deli chips ARE the best chips,
Got 3DS, not very interested in Vita,
Missy Higgins,
Don't like Jalapeno or Bacon,
I enjoy Port.
Gamertag is sadsquid

The rest of my answers would bore you. (I do love JB though. Doesn't everyone?)

THIS GUY.
also is gamertag a xbox exclusive word?
its psn account and steam id right? those arnt also gamertags?
i dont like the word gamer anyway.

At the MelGAF meetup 1/3 were foreigners, 1/3 were related, but I would hazard a guess that a good time was had by 6/6 attendees.

Plenty of beer, marginally less cider was consumed (also one scotch but let's pretend that didn't happen) and plenty of bullshit was spoken.

Shaneus

At the MelGAF meetup 1/3 were foreigners, 1/3 were related, but I would hazard a guess that a good time was had by 6/6 attendees.

Plenty of beer, marginally less cider was consumed (also one scotch but let's pretend that didn't happen) and plenty of bullshit was spoken.
"Do these guys have anything other than beer? At this bar called Beer Deluxe? I'm sure it's just a name or something."*

*may be paraphrased.

Beer Deluxe know their beer, and were kind enough to tell me a beer I'd ordered was $30 before just going ahead and charging me. They'll also let you taste a tap beer before purchase if you ask.

tl;dr: Go there if you like good beer.

Top Bottom