• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Choc

Banned
Have you watched The Drum? On the ABC at 6pm every night. It's basically the same format. Well a little more serious, but not overly so.

it also has amanda shalala

i suggest you guys google her

she should be in the list as well

because

she likes sport :p

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
So this happened today;

UjIlv.jpg

Shaneus

So this happened today;

http://i.imgur.com/UjIlv.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Omi! Send in your cat changer! Vook was clearly trying to steal your thunder.

Edit: It's probably just a bot anyway. I bet if I sent him a picture of my penis, he'd reply "That is a very nice penis. Keep it away from dingoes."

I think Mel McLaughlin should take a spot on the Aus-GAF questionnaire.

Missy's spot, to be precise.
dXoO6.jpg

Do you have no penus? Missy is the best out of that list. Mel and Shalamalong are indeed awesome. Drop the other 2 no talents off the list if you need to.

Have you watched The Drum? On the ABC at 6pm every night. It's basically the same format. Well a little more serious, but not overly so.
My problem with The Drum is they usually have one dickhead on whenever I watch that ruins the discussion. Every. Time. Plus sometimes they just run around in a depressing circle leaving me wanting some kind of path the topic could head down.

it also has amanda shalala
i suggest you guys google her
she should be in the list as well
because
she likes sport :p
Yup she is pretty cool, especially on Triple J. A Haydos fan cannot be unloved by me.

Omi! Send in your cat changer! Vook was clearly trying to steal your thunder.

Edit: It's probably just a bot anyway. I bet if I sent him a picture of my penis, he'd reply "That is a very nice penis. Keep it away from dingoes."
Nah most of the Valve guys reply to every email they get. Keeps them away from working on Half Life 3.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I would do her.

That's how you all know, she is top quality cuteness wrapped in single package. I hope to meet her on a train one day and stare from a distance.

Salazar

Someone should film Evl staring at girls on trains in B+W, run some different kinds of music over it, and release it as

a) romance
b) creepy thriller
c) philosophical meditation

Watching Xena, series 1. Hilarious tv.

C&C3 is totally worth it just for the Billy Dee cutscenes. So much delicious cheese.

Someone should film Evl staring at girls on trains in B+W, run some different kinds of music over it, and release it as

a) romance
b) creepy thriller
c) philosophical meditation

Would clean up at the Oscars now that silent film is back at the top. Maybe have a hilarious midget do the Intermission or something.

Agreed with Amanda and Mel. Add them! Although i couldn't bring myself to vote for an eels and dragons fan.

in fact i vote start the list again. I mean whatshername from dr who is hot but this isn't UK GAF and Ricki lee isn't much to write hone about (there's a pun for you all) since she lost the weight.

And the drum is great. Watch it whenever I can

Dead Man

The Drum is the superior product, by far. Less annoying pathetic fawning attempts at humour.

And if this shallalanalal person and this eel are getting a spot, can we get a spot for the superior choice of Lily Serna?

fApy.png

YpFq7.jpg

trinest

The Drum is the superior product, by far. Less annoying pathetic fawning attempts at humour.

And if this shallalanalal person and this eel are getting a spot, can we get a spot for the superior choice of Lily Serna?

fApy.png

YpFq7.jpg

She can pick my letters or numbers any day.

oipic

I've long wondered if Simon Baker (Denny) has completely lost his Australian accent, and particularly, if he hasn't, why does he use his 'US TV voice' on Australian bank ads on the telly? Or is he wholly and shamelessly Americanized now? What does he sound like in real life?

EDIT: nice work, Dead Man - I too thought of Lily the moment the other lass was posted. Also, boo to dropping Missy. My vote goes for that slapper serial yo-yoer Coulter. I'm sick to death of hearing of how she's never felt better, more natural, or more like herself, however much or little she weighs this month.

Dead Man

I've long wondered if Simon Baker (Denny) has completely lost his Australian accent, and particularly, if he hasn't, why does he use his 'US TV voice' on Australian bank ads on the telly? Or is he wholly and shamelessly Americanized now? What does he sound like in real life?

I wondered the same, it seems silly if they told him to use his US voice for an Australian ad.

+1 for Lily Serna. So hot.

She can pick my letters or numbers any day.

Good men.

Danoss

Rumour has it that the Australian accent is easy to lose and hard to get back.

A mate of mine visited from England, where he has been for a couple of years now. The Aussie accent is mostly there, but you can easily hear the English accent creeping in on certain words and sounds. Same thing with a school friend who did the exchange student thing, transferring to America for a year. He came back with a pretty solid America accent.

I wouldn't be surprised if Simon Baker sounds mostly like what we hear on TV, given the length of time he's been there for. At least in relation to footy, I hear he comes over whenever he can to watch games.

+1 for Lily Serna. So hot.

Totally. I don't have any innuendo to add really.

She can tally my RPG damage bonuses anyday (doesn't really work).

Dead Man

Rumour has it that the Australian accent is easy to lose and hard to get back.

A mate of mine visited from England, where he has been for a couple of years now. The Aussie accent is mostly there, but you can easily hear the English accent creeping in on certain words and sounds. Same thing with a school friend who did the exchange student thing, transferring to America for a year. He came back with a pretty solid America accent.

I wouldn't be surprised if Simon Baker sounds mostly like what we hear on TV, given the length of time he's been there for. At least in relation to footy, I hear he comes over whenever he can to watch games.

Yeah, I had that happen too me whenever I went to the US for any length of time, less so as I got older though. I assumed it was easy for me since my mum was American and I heard it every day anyway. Guess not.

He's playing the role of the mentalist in the ads. I agree it's jarring. His actual accent is Australian, but noticably affected. See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKDDRsLPoNg

Ah, thanks.

Danoss

Yeah, I had that happen too me whenever I went to the US for any length of time, less so as I got older though. I assumed it was easy for me since my mum was American and I heard it every day anyway. Guess not.

Perhaps we are less influenced as we get older. Since our learning abilities diminish with age, perhaps immersion in another society has less influence on our speech and accents. Though it seems some accents are more enduring, like British (Scottish, Irish, English), American and the like.

I was told when I was young, I watched so much Sesame Street that I developed an American accent. I wouldn't be surprised since we're essentially little sponges as children.

Clipper

First five minutes of free non-exhausted time I've had free in the last few days and I thought I'd come see how AusGAF was doing...

What the hell is going on in this thread?!

Oh, and SydGAF Board Gamers, GamesParadise shipped my stuff today, so no problems with their shipping at all. Coincidentally walked past their shopfront today too (long after they'd shut, though, so shipping wasn't a waste).

OK, time to try to get ready for bed before another two full and exhausting days...

oipic

He's playing the role of the mentalist in the ads. I agree it's jarring. His actual accent is Australian, but noticably affected. See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKDDRsLPoNg

Nice, I have peace at last, thanks Fred. I'll never understand the thinking behind having him 'in character' to personally endorse a product, but hey, that's cynical advertising for you. And banks, they're shit.

Nice to hear there's still a bit of home in our boy. Also, I used to have a thing for his wife.

Shaneus

Harry Kewell lost his accent massively when he came back. I didn't even think he was over in the UK for that long, but I guess long enough to completely obliterate any trace of a twang.

Nice, I have peace at last, thanks Fred. I'll never understand the thinking behind having him 'in character' to personally endorse a product, but hey, that's cynical advertising for you. And banks, they're shit.

Nice to hear there's still a bit of home in our boy. Also, I used to have a thing for his wife.

*brofist*

Rebecca Rigg was fantastic in her day. She was no Sofie Formica though...

in fact i vote start the list again. I mean whatshername from dr who is hot but this isn't UK GAF and Ricki lee isn't much to write hone about (there's a pun for you all) since she lost the weight
It was a rhetorical question. Every answer should have been Missy after waking from passing out from her beauty.

fApy.png

YpFq7.jpg
But I WANT light humour, otherwise I would just read the news on the internet. After a long day of work I want some light hearted banter about current events.

Also the problem with changing the hot list is that EVERYONE HAS A DIFFERENT OPINION AND EVERYONE HAS 5 HOT LADIES DIFFERENT TO EACH OTHER. If we put up the ones that everyone likes than it defeats the purpose.
It was mainly put there for shits and giggles, as the first 2 have been brought up in AusGAF discussions in the past to the point where they become linked to our thread. I put Missy in there because I think she is cute and doesn't get enough attention. Nothing more.

Also yes Lily is sooooooooooo awesome. Mate of mine tried his best to get on the show to meet her but didn't make the final cut.

I was more confused that they took the standpoint of using his American character as it would be more known to people while The Mentalist is advertised here as being the Aussie Juggernaut in American TV so most people relate to him being Australian rather than being The Mentalist. Especially when the company is ANZ. A few people said to me that it seemed like the advertisement was for American audiences and they ran it here because it was already made.

Top Bottom