• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

jambo

Cool, might grab an 8GB memory stick and WipEout from Amazon and the Vita itself from EB. Probably going to trade my 3DS in to halve the price.

jambo

if u buy a vita locally i will give you uncharted :)

3WoJ7.jpg

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
This fake brendan guy already has more followers than I do.

I need to rethink my twitter strategy.

A change of name to, Train_StaLkEr should do the trick!

jambo

I don't know how, but I have 340 followers.

I've been getting a stready stream over the past few months, even though I only use Twitter in small bursts every week or two =\

Omikron

I don't know how, but I have 340 followers.

I've been getting a stready stream over the past few months, even though I only use Twitter in small bursts every week or two =\

Check out how many are either a) spam accounts and b) bots for companies.

I think I must get 3-5 a day that fit the category.

Axiom

I am buying everything locally, but granted the stuff I want most is PSN only.

I'm tossing up between Uncharted or Rayman in addition to Katamari as my card purchases, with Escape Plan and Gravity Rush as my downloads. Though if this bill comes through like I think, I imagine I'll just be using it to play a year of free PS+ minis I hardly touched.

I'm also really hoping EB throws in a bonus like JB and GAME are. Something EB - Anything!

Choc

Banned
I am buying everything locally, but granted the stuff I want most is PSN only.

I'm tossing up between Uncharted or Rayman in addition to Katamari as my card purchases, with Escape Plan and Gravity Rush as my downloads. Though if this bill comes through like I think, I imagine I'll just be using it to play a year of free PS+ minis I hardly touched.

I'm also really hoping EB throws in a bonus like JB and GAME are. Something EB - Anything!

EB will match a JB/Game deal....

jambo

Check out how many are either a) spam accounts and b) bots for companies.

I think I must get 3-5 a day that fit the category.

I just checked through my follower list and while there are a few bots there are still just heaps of people who are seemingly following me for gaming, tech or trance tweets that I make.

Omikron

Well.. yeah? What were you really expecting. Android Market is basically DRM and they promote DRM-less games.

Yet you can add via Steam... :)

Also, I purchased and will enjoy.

I just checked through my follower list and while there are a few bots there are still just heaps of people who are seemingly following me for gaming, tech or trance tweets that I make.

Nice, I find the odd interesting person through hashtags and follow that way.

Also, I think I am just about ready to unleash utility on AusGAF... fixed some annoying bugs and added some nice usability tweaks.

The reason I wanted them in the Android Market is the same reason everyone wants their games in Steam -- so they're all in one place and easy to download on multiple devices or after a device reset. This way I'll have to keep my Humble Bundle email or downloads around forever.

Nothing's perfect, but I just would've preferred them to be redeemable somehow on the Market as well, just like with Steam.

But hey, they're games, they're cheap, and they're fun, and that's what really matters.

yeps

edit: my pitch was a success, MD loved the idea

negative -> positive

in a way i've gained a promotion
Told you it could be a good thing. :)

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Yeah, I saw that (posted about it before) but I think I might've jogged Gaz's memory a little a day or two ago:
1QbrB.png

Either way, we now have an active Brendan Brewer account. Woo!

Why are you not using Tweetbot?

jambo

For anyone interested, the half price Vita deal is actually at GAME, not EB.

EB do have some trade in deals for iPods and such, but I don't think the 3DS one is as good as GAME.

With GAME as long as you have a 3DS and a 3DS game to trade in, they will halve the price of the Vita.

So I'll get my WiFi model for $175, plus a free copy of Ridge Racer for pre-ordering from GAME. Then just grab WipEout and a memory card from Amazon!

Deeku

I don't think amazon is shipping cards outside of US.

I'm getting my vita from amazon since I pre-ordered a while back. Then just buying games and stuff locally. Don't save that much buying games from amazon.

jambo

Then just buying games and stuff locally. Don't save that much buying games from amazon.

Really?

WipEout is $29 on Amazon, compared to ~$50 locally
Uncharted is $49 on Amazon, compared to ~$68 locally
Rayman is $39 on Amazon, compared to ~$68 locally

Put all of those in one shipment and you'd save enough for another game, even after shipping.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Really?

On Amazon

PS Vita is $249
Uncharted is $49

That's already $300 without shipping =\

4d5LJ.jpg

Vita here is $350 + $69 for Uncharted. $103 dollars more for no reason.

And from the frontpage of Amazon, LBP is $39, Ridge Racer is $29, Wipeout is $29, Katamari is $29, Little Devients is $29, Modnation Racers is $29.

All of which will be $59-$69 here, The only cheap $49 game here at Vita's launch is Asphault from Ubisoft.

Because it's $3.

For the price ones dignity....

Deeku

Really?

WipEout is $29 on Amazon, compared to ~$50 locally
Uncharted is $49 on Amazon, compared to ~$68 locally
Rayman is $39 on Amazon, compared to ~$68 locally

Put all of those in one shipment and you'd save enough for another game, even after shipping.
Yeah, you save more if you buy more. I'm only saving like 10 bucks on two games so meh, might as well buy here and support local.

Being on call with the ato is quite possibly the worst thing. Firstly, they usually have no idea what you are talking about. Secondly, when they have to find out you get put on hold constantly. Most annoying part is when I have to explain to them what they should know and they go "oh I have never heard of that before"

TheBear

I get the feeling that using US PSN on the Vita will be better value. Since the discs are region-free I can still buy the unit and games locally, but I seriously doubt new releases will even come close to the DD prices. The only thing is I have a PS+ sub on my aussie psn well into next year, so I maybe missing out on some decent freebies. Which PSN will you guys be using?

Deeku

Being on call with the ato is quite possibly the worst thing. Firstly, they usually have no idea what you are talking about. Secondly, when they have to find out you get put on hold constantly. Most annoying part is when I have to explain to them what they should know and they go "oh I have never heard of that before"
I had an interview with ato last year and they said they put all their newbie uni grads in the call centre for their first 3-4 months:eek:

Good thing I had no intention of working there!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Was Zelda SS a let down for zelda fans? For some reason it feels like it seems to have been a bit of a mixed bag when it comes to places like gaf.

Did anyone in here actually enjoy it? And how well did it sell?

Top Bottom