• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Choc

Banned
Jintor being honest would you say Analogue a Hate story will be one of the hardest games you've written a review for?

and has the goose allocated a page to it, or just a column in the download area?

Jintor

Rice came out a little wetter than I'd like but it came out okay. We already ate most of it though.

Adding like a dash of soy sauce was a good idea!

Jintor being honest would you say Analogue a Hate story will be one of the hardest games you've written a review for?

and has the goose allocated a page to it, or just a column in the download area?

It came out more like a literary review, but I had some solid thoughts on it. It's probably going to end up being a standard review.

Playing Digital right now. This is far better...

So I just got back from a 6 hour trip to the Emergency Room and it only cost me $21.72!
Yay!

Had to take the little guy in for his 'make sure he will not die' checkup at 1pm. Everything is clearing up slowly and no new breakouts. Alls well, etc. Got another script for his cream

At the same time the gf asked about a fall she had yesterday afternoon. She slipped on one of the little guys toys in the lounge room and fell onto his jungle gym, smacked her lower ribs dead on with a bar. Insanely sore but seemed okay so we just asked to make sure they weren't broken.

She ended up having blood tests, urine tests, Xrays, even an ultrasound. Eventually they cleared her of damage to the organs and told her if anything changes to come in immediately as they are worried she could have done something to her pancreas or something up there.

Fun!

Plus the nurse who took her drip plug out was a total bitch, rushing her out as if we had been an inconvenience even though we were hoping the whole thing would only take 5 minutes. Everyone else were fantastic, one of the nurses kept coming around to take Oli for a show around the hospital and one of the nurses even made him some cheese sandwiches.

Haha, it was quite good just playing on the grass with Omi jnr with live band playing in the background ;)
What is the arty farty thing you do with your photos or is that some kind of app/iPhone filter?

So is this the place to declare that I am Australian?

My account got approved today :) Hi guys!

Howdy! Where do you hail from?

Steam ID?
360 Gamertag?
PS3 thingy?
Twitterer?
Thoughts on SOAP?
Sexiest Bond: Pierce Brosnan or Sir Sean "The Rock" Connery?
Would you buy a Crackdown 3?
Thoughts on Viva Pinata Party Pinatas?
iOS gamer or Android user?
How do you feel about DRM and always on DRM?
Is Warhammer 40k Space Marine a horrible Gears of War knockoff?
Do you Kooka with Country Cookies?
UGG boots. Do you speak it?
Red Rock Deli chips are the best chips.
Picking up a Vita or have a 3DS? OR SNK THINGY?
D&D or Board Games or IRL Role Playing or Furry or Capcom fan?
Sexy: Karen Gillan? Ricki Lee? Missy Higgins? Etc?
Have you picked up a copy of the highly acclaimed 3rd album by Enter Shikari called A Flash Flood Of Colour yet? Only $20 at your local JB HiFi or available with FREE postage online!
Join AusGAF real mug with mug club!
Tony Abbott: Best budgie smuggler or just saggy smarmy arsehole?
Jalapeño man?
BACON MAN?
Interest in alcohol? Scotch and Cider?
Do you plays the Halos or Duties?

Axiom

Don't forget Lily Serna!

In preparation for the graphic design course I'll be starting I decided to make Facebook cover photos, and I must say turning your FB into a classic Star Trek title card and friends names into Doctor Who logos is a rather fun waste of time.

Unlike Facebook itself.

fappenmeister said:
Time from a break from video games, can't be bothered, but KoA:R and Mass Effect 3 are coming out and I was excited for them a few months ago. To cancel or not to cancel, that is the question.

I'm not sure what to do about Reckoning and Mass Effect 3 either, with the Vita coming out I really shouldn't have either in my sites - though there is very little way I'll be able to resist Mass Effect when the time comes, no matter how terrible the buzz is.

There's a story here...
BananaArnie said:

I lived with a cousin who stole my classic games out of their boxes and pawned them off. I only discovered that the boxes were empty well after the fact. About the only thing left pre-PS2 are my PAL copies of Shenmue 1 and 2.

But on a lighter note

So is this the place to declare that I am Australian?

My account got approved today :) Hi guys!

Hello! I am amazed someone found this place on their own without being directed here, well done!

Jeddumars

Neo Member
Hi AusGaF.

I'll be moving to Australia by Feb to pursue further studies at USQ. The campus is located in Toowoomba. Anybody there who can give me a breakdown of what I can expect there?

Choc

Banned
Hi AusGaF.

I'll be moving to Australia by Feb to pursue further studies at USQ. The campus is located in Toowoomba. Anybody there who can give me a breakdown of what I can expect there?

nice part of the world

Gets very cold (for australia, it may not be cold for you)

only 2 hours drive from the capital city of QLD

a flower show once a year

friendly folk :)

Toowoomba is part of the darling downs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darling_Downs

magenta

Howdy! Where do you hail from?

Wollongong

Steam ID? Right here, not many friends though.

360 Gamertag? None

PS3 thingy? None

Twitterer? I am noticing a pattern, none.

Thoughts on SOAP? Hygienic product or awful America legislation.

Sexiest Bond: Pierce Brosnan or Sir Sean "The Rock" Connery? Pierce, for driving a tank in St. Petersburg.

Would you buy a Crackdown 3? No

Thoughts on Viva Pinata Party Pinatas? Never played.

iOS gamer or Android user? Still have a dumb phone, I am waiting for it to die.

How do you feel about DRM and always on DRM? Steam is acceptable to me.

Is Warhammer 40k Space Marine a horrible Gears of War knockoff? A spacemarine doesn't need a chest high wall to hide behind, so it is hardly a knockoff to me.

Do you Kooka with Country Cookies? ???

UGG boots. Do you speak it? I use to wear Ugg boots (not the american kind), but not any more.

Red Rock Deli chips are the best chips. I think so.

Picking up a Vita or have a 3DS? OR SNK THINGY? I have a 3DS, Friend Code is: 3866-8329-2071. If you added me let me know.

D&D or Board Games or IRL Role Playing or Furry or Capcom fan? Not a fan for any of them.

Sexy: Karen Gillan? Ricki Lee? Missy Higgins? Etc? Can I choose a Kpop star?

Have you picked up a copy of the highly acclaimed 3rd album by Enter Shikari called A Flash Flood Of Colour yet?Only $20 at your local JB HiFi or available with FREE postage online! I am broke so no.

Join AusGAF real mug with mug club! Sorry, Ga-in for now.

Tony Abbott: Best budgie smuggler or just saggy smarmy arsehole? I dislike politics in general, does that answer the question?

Jalapeño man? I had to Google that to see what it is, so no.

BACON MAN? Definitely.

Interest in alcohol? Scotch and Cider? I don't drink much, but when I do I choose Vodka.

Do you plays the Halos or Duties?No Xbox means no Halo, but I do play CoD on PC.

Salazar

Can I choose a Kpop star?

QI0Qw.gif

Sure can.

Jeddumars

Neo Member
nice part of the world

Gets very cold (for australia, it may not be cold for you)

only 2 hours drive from the capital city of QLD

a flower show once a year

friendly folk :)

Toowoomba is part of the darling downs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darling_Downs

Given that I spent half of my life in the Philippines and the other half in Saudi Arabia. Chances are I'll find it cold. I'm pretty excited to try on some of the thermal wear that I got.

Pretty excited to continue my education studies there(I'm a teacher by profession). Plan on joining some teaching organizations while I'm there.

Nice to know most people there are friendly. What sort of activities can I do there? I'm an avid tennis player/board gamer. Finding some groups who do this kind of thing would be good.

I'm also want to try some local Aussie beers and wines.

As for Bogans(looked it up in Google) can't be any worse than other countries. Once met a fellow teacher(granted he was an Islamic studies teacher) who argued that the moon was flat :p.

Choc

Banned
last time i was there it was 4 degrees @ midday in September

and september isnt even winter!

welcome paper fox, fill out the survey for application entry :D

Choc

Banned
Soul Calibur 5 should be called

Shit calibur 5

because its ridiculously bad

The delay on inputs is so bad. You hit button, 1 second later the move happens.

When you are accustomed to Street Fighter, you can really feel it.

Paper Fox

Well I don't want to offend anyone so...

Howdy! Where do you hail from? Newcastle. We got nice beaches and a penis tower.
PS3 thingy? PaperFoxx
Twitterer? @PaperFoxx
Thoughts on SOAP? Sexiest accent ever mmhmm.
Sexiest Bond: Pierce Brosnan or Sir Sean "The Rock" Connery? I'll have to go with Pierce purely because of the fact he was once a killer house.
Would you buy a Crackdown 3? If it came to PS3, why the hell not.
Thoughts on Viva Pinata Party Pinatas? I like pinatas AND parties. But I've never played :(
iOS gamer or Android user? I have an old Nokia that struggles to play Snake.
How do you feel about DRM and always on DRM? That's not related to DDR is it?
Is Warhammer 40k Space Marine a horrible Gears of War knockoff? You gotta start asking me more Playstation questions.
Do you Kooka with Country Cookies? Apparently not (I'm failing this, aren't I?)
UGG boots. Do you speak it? Only in the comfort and privacy of my own home. Just like a lot of things. Rude things.
Red Rock Deli chips are the best chips. They're actually pretty funking good, yeah!
Picking up a Vita or have a 3DS? OR SNK THINGY? My dreams were shattered when I found out I couldn't import a MGS snakeskin 3DS. I'll get a Vita soon.
D&D or Board Games or IRL Role Playing or Furry or Capcom fan? I once played Connect 4 for 5 hours straight. And sometimes cosplay pics give me lady boners.
Sexy: Karen Gillan? Ricki Lee? Missy Higgins? Etc? I'll never look at Amy Pond the same way again. And I'm quite partial to Sooyoung from SNSD. And Rachel Bilson.
Have you picked up a copy of the highly acclaimed 3rd album by Enter Shikari called A Flash Flood Of Colour yet? Only $20 at your local JB HiFi or available with FREE postage online! No-uhhh, YEAH! IT'S GREAT! :D
Join AusGAF real mug with mug club! Yes
Tony Abbott: Best budgie smuggler or just saggy smarmy arsehole? His ears make me sad. But the fact that the ears are attached directly to an arsehole is a medical marvel.
Jalapeño man? Too spice.
BACON MAN? So nice!
Interest in alcohol? Scotch and Cider? I'm more of a "get pissed after a glass of vodka and raspberry" kind of girl.
Do you plays the Halos or Duties?I play the Modern Warfares and the Black Ops. Very badly I might add.

Wow that was quite exhaustive.
Do I pass?

Salazar

Do I pass?

I don't think anyone's ever failed, really. Sooyoung is amazing, though.

Alexander Downer is still not a clever man.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/national/downer-slip-angers-cypriots-20120203-1qxic.html

In his latest slip, Mr Downer, the United Nations special envoy for peace talks in Cyprus, referred to ''Greek Cypriots'', which is a phrase taken to imply the island will remain divided from rival Turkish Cypriots.

Come on, Alex.

Dead Man

Well I don't want to offend anyone so...

Tony Abbott: Best budgie smuggler or just saggy smarmy arsehole? His ears make me sad. But the fact that the ears are attached directly to an arsehole is a medical marvel.

Wow that was quite exhaustive.
Do I pass?

LOL, with flying colours!

Time from a break from video games, can't be bothered, but KoA:R and Mass Effect 3 are coming out and I was excited for them a few months ago. To cancel or not to cancel, that is the question.
I think ME3 is the last thing I'm interested in for a while, and even that is really pushing it. I'm currently playing some of my steam games. Just Cause 2 is the most dumbarse obnoxious game I've played in a while, and it's really quite fun.
Not sure how many games I will end up with this year. I WANT those two Fap but I really should pick them up cheap and hit my backlog as well as TW2 on 360 and start being more productive in other areas.

Pretty much, wife loves the filters in her million iPhone photo apps. :p
Any recommendations for Android?

Hi AusGaF.

Nice to meet you! Fill out the form!

Steam ID?
360 Gamertag?
PS3 thingy?
Twitterer?
Thoughts on SOAP?
Sexiest Bond: Pierce Brosnan or Sir Sean "The Rock" Connery?
Would you buy a Crackdown 3?
Thoughts on Viva Pinata Party Pinatas?
iOS gamer or Android user?
How do you feel about DRM and always on DRM?
Is Warhammer 40k Space Marine a horrible Gears of War knockoff?
Do you Kooka with Country Cookies?
UGG boots. Do you speak it?
Red Rock Deli chips are the best chips.
Picking up a Vita or have a 3DS? OR SNK THINGY?
D&D or Board Games or IRL Role Playing or Furry or Capcom fan?
Sexy: Karen Gillan? Ricki Lee? Missy Higgins? Insert girl of interest (Lily Cerna, Ella Morton, Mel McLaughlin, kPOP) here.
Have you picked up a copy of the highly acclaimed 3rd album by Enter Shikari called A Flash Flood Of Colour yet? Only $20 at your local JB HiFi or available with FREE postage online!
Join some peope with 'first letter of your username for avatar picture' February!
Tony Abbott: Best budgie smuggler or just saggy smarmy arsehole?
Jalapeño man?
BACON MAN?
Interest in alcohol? Scotch and Cider?
Do you plays the Halos or Duties?

Hey. Feel free to ignore the stale questionnaire if you want.
Reptile won't be offended.
Yes I will. Well, at least put up a Steam ID and if you are in the know about AusGAF history.

Do I pass?
Indeed, aside from the lack of Steam. Everyone should be on Steam! Also you are the first to pick up on what I meant by SOAP so you get bonus points. *sniff*

Samaire>Rachel, tho.
TRUTH
Anna19+Samaire+Armstrong.bmp.jpg

John Terry's tantrum and rumoured threat to retire is pretty good.
The man is endless entertainment on and off the field. Will continue to entertain where ever he ends up in life.

Yagharek

Had a pint of this with lunch today. Amazingly good beer. Almost rivals my current favourite; Boag's Pure. Which also has a distinct parochial advantage.

Also, just finished setting up the new 27" iMac we got last weekend. Am quite impressed, and blinded by the hugeness of the screen.

Now, on to important things ...

I am going on a 2 month work trip across the Nullarbor, and need driving choons.

So far I've gone for a few staples:

* Blue Oyster Cult
* Them Crooked Vultures
* Rainbow

Thinking about picking a few new CDs. Stuff that I wouldn't typically buy. On the cards are:
* DSOTM (never listened to it before)
* Whatever that Empire of the Sun album is which was popular a few years back (always associated it with driving for some reason) and whomever made knights of syberia (soup calibur style) or whatever it's called
* That harp filled song from the hottest 100 by a band allegedly called Active Child.

Anyone got some other good suggestions? I have Rolling Stones and some experimental electronica by The Knife as well.

Oh, havent done this yet either.

Steam ID? - none
360 Gamertag? - taking the 5th amendment on this
PS3 thingy? - and this too, dont play online
Twitterer? - no
Thoughts on SOAP? - slippery and likely to end up violating everyone indirectly
Sexiest Bond: Pierce Brosnan or Sir Sean "The Rock" Connery? - Sean Craig
Would you buy a Crackdown 3? - only if it had more tall Agency towers
Thoughts on Viva Pinata Party Pinatas? - it had colourful box art
iOS gamer or Android user? - wp7 phone game hater
How do you feel about DRM and always on DRM? - it is the best invention since sliced AIDS
Is Warhammer 40k Space Marine a horrible Gears of War knockoff? - No, but neither is it inspired creative output
Do you Kooka with Country Cookies? - once, and felt sick
UGG boots. Do you speak it? - great for a Tassie winter. Perth doesnt have winter. :(
Red Rock Deli chips are the best chips. - Chips or crisps? I always liked chips at Flippers in the waterfront at Hobart
Picking up a Vita or have a 3DS? OR SNK THINGY? - Have a 3DS, that will do. Vita looks nice though.
D&D or Board Games or IRL Role Playing or Furry or Capcom fan? - None of the above in case I decide to become World President
Sexy: Karen Gillan? Ricki Lee? Missy Higgins? Insert girl of interest (Lily Cerna, Ella Morton, Mel McLaughlin, kPOP) here. - All of the above
Have you picked up a copy of the highly acclaimed 3rd album by Enter Shikari called A Flash Flood Of Colour yet? Only $20 at your local JB HiFi or available with FREE postage online! - Is it good for driving across the Nullarbor?
Join some peope with 'first letter of your username for avatar picture' February! - P is for Privacy
Tony Abbott: Best budgie smuggler or just saggy smarmy arsehole? - Taking the fifth
Jalapeño man? - Yes, on the way in.
BACON MAN? - Tautology, surely?
Interest in alcohol? Scotch and Cider? - Yes!
Do you plays the Halos or Duties? - once upon a time.

Dead Man

Had a pint of this with lunch today. Amazingly good beer. Almost rivals my current favourite; Boag's Pure. Which also has a distinct parochial advantage.

Also, just finished setting up the new 27" iMac we got last weekend. Am quite impressed, and blinded by the hugeness of the screen.

Now, on to important things ...

I am going on a 2 month work trip across the Nullarbor, and need driving choons.

So far I've gone for a few staples:

* Blue Oyster Cult
* Them Crooked Vultures
* Rainbow

Thinking about picking a few new CDs. Stuff that I wouldn't typically buy. On the cards are:
* DSOTM (never listened to it before)
* Whatever that Empire of the Sun album is which was popular a few years back (always associated it with driving for some reason) and whomever made knights of syberia (soup calibur style) or whatever it's called
* That harp filled song from the hottest 100 by a band allegedly called Active Child.

Anyone got some other good suggestions? I have Rolling Stones and some experimental electronica by The Knife as well.

For driving music I quite like early Liz Phair, Exile in Guyville and Whipsmart, stay away from the newer stuff. The Foals are pretty good too for more up tempo stuff. Classics I like for driving are James Brown and Johnny Cash.

Yagharek

The Naked & Famous - Passive Me, Aggressive You. Would be perfect for the drive.
Also always found the first Audioslave album great for roadtrips.

Do you own the album "Destroyer's Rubies" by Destroyer ?

For driving music I quite like early Liz Phair, Exile in Guyville and Whipsmart, stay away from the newer stuff. The Foals are pretty good too for more up tempo stuff. Classics I like for driving are James Brown and Johnny Cash.

Cheers so far. I'll have a dig around tomorrow and listen to whatever youtube uncovers from these. Thanks, and keep em coming.

Top Bottom