• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Shaneus

Hell yes Pizza Cats. Much love.
Read the Wikipedia article on it. When it was brought to the states to be dubbed, they didn't have a script so they just had to guess the storyline from the footage and create words from there. Apparently the US SPC is far better than the original Japanese one because of it.

Nice recommendation, seen it a few times but hadn't heard any one rate it. Will pick up a couple on Friday if the weather clears up.
God damnit man. Try the Apple & Pear Monteith's. Just one. Please.

Tell him his career pales in comparison to the quality of the blockbuster 1989 classic Tango & Cash.
With all due respect, EVERYTHING pales in comparison to Tango & Cash.

I absolutely adored the Muppet movie BTW. I just had this big grin ear to ear the whole way through. It hit enough nostalgia notes and managed to be a solid Muppet movie in its own right. Plus it really does deserve kudos for not only introducing a new muppet - AND making him the star of the movie - and managing to make him like able and non-Poochy.

Yeah, really loved it.
Same. The only real speedhump was getting over the fact that the voices don't (and never will) sound like the ones from the original show. It's obvious that'll happen, but it's still a little jarring. But yes, I too loved the shit out of it. I will be buying it for my nephew's birthday *cough*bullshit*cough*.

Gen X said:
Been chatting to a few other people locally over the last 15mins.

These deals are official from JB Hifi NZ, will update OP with them and add pics when the flyer arrives in the mailbox.

$399.00NZD Wifi + 4gb +Accessory Pack
$548.00NZD 3G + 4gb + Uncharted + Accessory Pack

For the record, the other deal I mentioned I heard about above that was a rumour was The Warehouse will be selling the Wifi on its own for $389.95 and the 3G for $489.95. Still no confirmation on this one yet though.

This is what the link was pointing to. If true, does that means Australia could get a similar bundle for $300-310?

bomma_man

Aight let's do this thing, just got my account enabled.

Sexiest Bond: Pierce Brosnan or Sir Sean "The Rock" Connery? Sean
Would you buy a Crackdown 3? Nope
Thoughts on Viva Pinata Party Pinatas? Rare :'(
iOS gamer or Android user? iOS
How do you feel about DRM and always on DRM? Sux
Is Warhammer 40k Space Marine a horrible Gears of War knockoff? Couldn't care less about either
Do you Kooka with Country Cookies? Nope
UGG boots. Do you speak it? Would wear them 24/7 in winter if it weren't for the social graces.
Red Rock Deli chips are the best chips. God-like
Picking up a Vita or have a 3DS? OR SNK THINGY? 3DS
D&D or Board Games or IRL Role Playing or Furry or Capcom fan? Er... none. Apart from RE4-era Capcom
Sexy: Karen Gillan? Ricki Lee? Missy Higgins? Insert guy/girl of interest (Lily Cerna, Ella Morton, Mel McLaughlin, kPOP) here. Gillan ain't bad. Girl from EMA took my fancy at Laneway on the weekend.
Join some peope with 'first letter of your username for avatar picture' February!
Tony Abbott: Best budgie smuggler or just saggy smarmy arsehole? Cunt.
Jalapeño man? Yup
BACON MAN? What do you take me for?
Interest in alcohol? Scotch and Cider? Beer and goon, Cascade and Boags if you want specifics (can't afford premo these days)
Vegemite... Mana from heaven or foul toxic sludge? Lovely
Do you plays the Halos or Duties? Halo 1, never played COD and have no interest in doing so.

It's to promote the walking dead and the upcoming FX channel on foxtel. (ie: ARCHER ON REAL TV OMGOGMOGMG)

I've been to frankston. not anywhere near as bad as st albans. the difference is, more chainsmoking bogans in frankston. in st albans theres more ethnic people therefore more racial violence. also lots and lots of alcoholic bums.

I've so far seen two for Brisbane. With Ipswich (wooo!) and Woodridge taking Frankston's place.

You pussies ain't got nothing on Perth heat.

40 degrees with 10% humidity is easy. That's an autumn evening in western Queensland (ok it's not it's fucking hot), 37 and 90% is fucking death. That said I'll be near tears due to the humidity and friends from Townsville will be talking about it being a "dry heat." Crazy fucking NQers.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
You can tell a straight man wrote that quiz. A sexiest Bond question with no Daniel Craig? Give me a fucking break.

Seriously, I really hope all you new guys stick around. Get into Steam chat. Ask anyone currently in the AusGAF group to invite you, any of us can do it. Preferably do whoever may be in chat at the time, because they will be likely be chat frequenters.

Fredescu

Seriously, I really hope all you new guys stick around. Get into Steam chat. Ask anyone currently in the AusGAF group to invite you, any of us can do it. Preferably do whoever may be in chat at the time, because they will be likely be chat frequenters.
This is fine advice. Come to Steam chat. You can do it without being invited, just click http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AusGAF and choose enter chat room. We can invite you to the group later.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I'd probably be in that chat more often if there was a way for me to do so from my iPad.

Stackboy

So reptile and I are now Xbox Live bros. Going to compete against each other in SSX, though I'm not sure if we play any other similar games.

Gamertag is Stackboy Royale if anyone else is interested. Let me know if you're adding me and I'll make room, my list is full but I can get rid of people I haven't played with in ages.

It's to promote the walking dead and the upcoming FX channel on foxtel. (ie: ARCHER ON REAL TV OMGOGMOGMG)

I've been to frankston. not anywhere near as bad as st albans. the difference is, more chainsmoking bogans in frankston. in st albans theres more ethnic people therefore more racial violence. also lots and lots of alcoholic bums.

Funny. I've lived in St Albans for many years, and I've never seen anything that you've described. Worst thing I've had is a dude offer me a bong and drugs.

Funny. I've lived in St Albans for many years, and I've never seen anything that you've described. Worst thing I've had is a dude offer me a bong and drugs.

My girlfriend's mothers ex boyfriend got stabbed for telling some Asian youths to stop throwing rocks at ducks. Parties regularly get crashed nd violence ensues. you know that pizza shop on main road west? near the bottle-o? dudes around there fight each other and randoms just cos they can while they get drunk. same as the pool joint closer to the station. my friend got mugged at st albans station purely because he was there and the dude was high and had a gun. same friend got beaten up walking to the station in my girlfriend's old street for helping another person who was being mugged. this same friend AGAIN got his power cut out, he went out to check it and he got hit over the head, dragged into his house and beaten up by two dudes with shit over their heads, his entire house ransacked by these guys and most of his shit stolen while they left him on the ground for dead. he was lucky and woke up about 20min later and when he went to the hospital he had massive injuries. the police never bothered to try find the dudes.

fuck st albans.

edit: if you live there and havent heard about or seen this stuff before that's good for you, because you're lucky.

legend166

You can tell a straight man wrote that quiz. A sexiest Bond question with no Daniel Craig? Give me a fucking break.

I prefer to think it was written by a lesbian.

That's the easiest way to explain the lack of Daniel Craig AND the inclusion of Missy Higgins.

My girlfriend's mothers ex boyfriend got stabbed for telling some Asian youths to stop throwing rocks at ducks. Parties regularly get crashed nd violence ensues. you know that pizza shop on main road west? near the bottle-o? dudes around there fight each other and randoms just cos they can while they get drunk. same as the pool joint closer to the station. my friend got mugged at st albans station purely because he was there and the dude was high and had a gun. same friend got beaten up walking to the station in my girlfriend's old street for helping another person who was being mugged. this same friend AGAIN got his power cut out, he went out to check it and he got hit over the head, dragged into his house and beaten up by two dudes with shit over their heads, his entire house ransacked by these guys and most of his shit stolen while they left him on the ground for dead. he was lucky and woke up about 20min later and when he went to the hospital he had massive injuries. the police never bothered to try find the dudes.

fuck st albans.

edit: if you live there and havent heard about or seen this stuff before that's good for you, because you're lucky.

Ouch. Sorry I brought that up, that's fucking awful to hear.

But yeah, I've been very lucky to have not had anything like that happen to me whilst I've been there.

Ouch. Sorry I brought that up, that's fucking awful to hear.

But yeah, I've been very lucky to have not had anything like that happen to me whilst I've been there.

Don't feel bad man, it's not your fault any of that happened! haha. I kinda got irrationally angry for no reason, so sorry about that. I lived in Deer Park for 19+ years and didn't hear or see anything too crazy aside from the same as you but supposedly there were some very shady characters and grow houses and stuff around. Probably still are but there you go.

Dead Man

Sexiest Bond: Pierce Brosnan or Sir Sean "The Rock" Connery? Sean
Would you buy a Crackdown 3? Nope
Thoughts on Viva Pinata Party Pinatas? Rare :'(
iOS gamer or Android user? iOS
How do you feel about DRM and always on DRM? Sux
Is Warhammer 40k Space Marine a horrible Gears of War knockoff? Couldn't care less about either
Do you Kooka with Country Cookies? Nope
UGG boots. Do you speak it? Would wear them 24/7 in winter if it weren't for the social graces.
Red Rock Deli chips are the best chips. God-like
Picking up a Vita or have a 3DS? OR SNK THINGY? 3DS
D&D or Board Games or IRL Role Playing or Furry or Capcom fan? Er... none. Apart from RE4-era Capcom
Sexy: Karen Gillan? Ricki Lee? Missy Higgins? Insert guy/girl of interest (Lily Cerna, Ella Morton, Mel McLaughlin, kPOP) here. Gillan ain't bad. Girl from EMA took my fancy at Laneway on the weekend.
Join some peope with 'first letter of your username for avatar picture' February!
Tony Abbott: Best budgie smuggler or just saggy smarmy arsehole? Cunt.
Jalapeño man? Yup
BACON MAN? What do you take me for?
Interest in alcohol? Scotch and Cider? Beer and goon, Cascade and Boags if you want specifics (can't afford premo these days)
Vegemite... Mana from heaven or foul toxic sludge? Lovely
Do you plays the Halos or Duties? Halo 1, never played COD and have no interest in doing so.
Welcome!
I've so far seen two for Brisbane. With Ipswich (wooo!) and Woodridge taking Frankston's place.

40 degrees with 10% humidity is easy. That's an autumn evening in western Queensland (ok it's not it's fucking hot), 37 and 90% is fucking death. That said I'll be near tears due to the humidity and friends from Townsville will be talking about it being a "dry heat." Crazy fucking NQers.
Yeah, got to agree with that. Adelaide gets hot as a motherfucker but it is usually so bloody dry it is easy to put up with. Add some humidity though, and I fall down, hard.

:) He may be sexiest, but Dalton is still best.

Choc

Banned
Loved it and the muppet show was before my time.

you are young

also track down muppets its awesome

and seriously

this is awesome

images

Shaneus

Can someone recommend a legit site to buy lego from ?
Try here.

Should I admit that I haven't seen Tango & Cash? Nah, that'd be kinda silly.
Nah, it's not one of the perennial "Movie you must see or you're a total idiot" movies like Die Hard or John Carpenter's They Live, but its still a fun (if very, very dated) movie. Russell and Stallone make a surprisingly entertaining odd-couple.

I need to complete my Blacktron collection. Love Blacktron so much. Bricklink when you're unemployed but have savings isn't as fun as it sounds. I had the worst Lego addiction!

"Just one more brick... just need that damn translucent yellow panel for epic space base... Oh shit I need some more space men too."

Like crack.

Kritz

Banned
This is the reason why I hate the Gaming forum here:

"Worst Game Purchased?"

Saints Row The Third
God of War
Grand Theft Auto 4
Just Cause 2
Fallout: New Vegas.
LA Noire
RAGE
Dead Space
Assassin's Creed
Crysis 2
Vanquish
Alpha Protocol
Scribblenauts
Brutal Legend
Zack And Wiki
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Halo 3
Skyrim
E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy
Dead Island
Far Cry 2

IS THESE PEOPLE FUCKING STUPID? What the actual fuck? Have these people not played a fucking video game before 2005? I wouldn't even consider Brink or Dragon Age 2 the worst purchases I've ever had. I wouldn't even consider Fable 3.

God damn it.

"Worst Game Purchased?"

Saints Row The Third
God of War
Grand Theft Auto 4
Just Cause 2
Fallout: New Vegas.
LA Noire
RAGE
Dead Space
Assassin's Creed
Crysis 2
Vanquish
Alpha Protocol
Scribblenauts
Brutal Legend
Zack And Wiki
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Halo 3
Skyrim
E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy
Dead Island
Far Cry 2

IS THESE PEOPLE FUCKING STUPID? What the actual fuck? Have these people not played a fucking video game before 2005? I wouldn't even consider Brink or Dragon Age 2 the worst purchases I've ever had. I wouldn't even consider Fable 3.

God damn it.

Holy shit. They are almost universally fun as hell games.

The gaming forum is just becoming a bunch of nerdy hipsters. "Oh that game is popular or had critical praise? Obviously shit."

hamchan

Far Cry 2 is a pretty horrible, shitty game. Even listening to every Idle Thumbs episode twice couldn't make me think that game was good.

(still gonna play it again when it's free this month for PS+)

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Waa waa gaming/ot sucks my smaller, closed off community thread is so much better they're the hipsters.

OneMoreQuestion, I don't work at JB anymore, so please direct all questions/complaints to Rez.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
We're as closed off as they are, all things considered.

Community is a wasteland where threads go to die. This is Mad Max and AusGAF is Thunderdome.

I know that the concepts, characters, and themes of the Warhammer universe have been around for ages, but from a gameplay perspective - there is no two ways about it, Space Marine is heavily influenced by Gears of War.
To be honest after reading the wiki for Warhammer and going through some of the stuff they came up with Space Marine doesn't seem to crib much, if anything, from Gears. Even the game play is completely different, it shares as much with it as it does with Resident Evil 4. I mean even the health system is the opposite to Gears, rather than avoid enemies and wait for your health to come back you have to charge enemies and beat the shit out of them to health up.

The fact that Missy Higgins is even on that list is the low point of AusGAF.
lTswK.gif

Different tastes different people man. Don't be a hater.

To our local JB representative, EatChildren: Will Australia have a similar deal to this? http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=34938465&postcount=70
Many thanks!
I have heard rumours of the wifi model releasing at $275 but it might just be EcoGamer trolls.

God damnit man. Try the Apple & Pear Monteith's. Just one. Please.
I would if it was available here man! I live in bumfuck nowhere remember.

So if a sexiest Bond list includes Daniel Craig it was written by someone who is gay? No sense man.
Craig is the best actor of the bunch by a mile imo, he was hottest in Layer Cake though

Also those two are on the sexy list for their actions and suave behaviour. Also dat smooth "I'm going to smash down this martini, kick your balls through your heart to kill you, then go bang the hottest chick in the room" voice.

Also, where is George mutha fucking Lazenby?
Probably still beating the shit out of his agent who ripped up his 7 movie Bond contract since he went mutha fucking nowhere as an actor afterwards. Aside from a sterling performance in the KFC movie of course.

So reptile and I are now Xbox Live bros. Going to compete against each other in SSX, though I'm not sure if we play any other similar games..
Once I can get the juices flowing I'm sure we can try a bunch out, still have to grab a copy of SSX too, damn this busy time of the year.

Can someone recommend a legit site to buy lego from ?
Got burned with some Mega Bloks? The other kids knew it wasn't real Lego. It was like finding out a kid had smallpox or something, thankfully that was one of the few times my parents knew not to cheap out on the brand name.

There's generally hot women in the lobby of my building on Wednesday nights. No idea why. Good times
Isn't Wednesday night ladies night? Maybe someone holds drinking games somewhere in the building.

"Worst Game Purchased?"
Most of those games are good or great. How can Saints Row 3 be the worst game you ever bought? I wouldn't even rate Alan Wake the WGP.

I will continue the troll from that thread and say Age of Empires 3. I know it just wasn't for me though. Same with Rise of Legends.

Top Bottom