• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Kritz

Banned
I would maybe consider Dragon Age 2 the most disappointing game I've ever played. Not the worst purchase, mind you. ... even if it did cost $70. But for what it's worth, I adored Dragon Age. It was a newer, more approachable Baldur's gate (emphasis on newer). It was generic fantasy pulp, but after the 60 hours it took me to play that game, I of course gained a lot of investment with my character and the agency I had in the world. The sequel, however, has more problems I care to describe.

By far my biggest issue with the game, was that I wasn't playing my character. I got to import my save, and it told me the stuff I did in the previous game. Great! I like where this is going. A character that had died in my game appeared in Dragon Age 2 on the save file I imported. All emotional investment, interest in the universe, sense of immersion and disbelief, appreciation of what ever remained - all of it fucking vanished.

Fuck everything about that game, and the people who lead that project.

Deeku

My 21st was dinner with family and dinner with some close friends - so basically the same as every other birthday.

I guess I was supposed to throw some massive party or something like some of my friends but eh. I regret nothing.

remz

gametraders does that though. especially highpoint.
Yeah. I noticed that a bit when I was in there the other day. Especially with a lot of the dreamcast stuff they had. All these dud games selling for heaps.

Having said that I probably shouldn't be talking shit about them when I applied there this week for a job. Meh. whatever.
Holy shit are twentyfirsts some of the best things ever or what

ARE THEY EVER

Echoplx

Chrome for Android is pretty hot, can't wait till I can have my extensions on my tablet :D

ibonVhsaMoVSHK.png

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I have twitter LETS BE FRIENDS

@eatchildren_au

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Couldn't come up with an original username?

:>

I'm creatively bankrupt. It was either that or "guy_from_australia_who_posts_on_gaf".

Jezabel

Hey choc, England sacked Capello 4 months from the Euros.

Situation normal etc.

haha, england are a walking joke, they should hire a clown with a squeaky red nose to coach them.

also this year is my 21st year, bring on all the parties!

Omikron

haha, england are a walking joke, they should hire a clown with a squeaky red nose to coach them.

Heh. They are. They should either employ 'Arry or Hiddink. Both short term contracts till after the Euros. Hiddink works wonders motivating under skilled teams. See Australia and Russia.

Also. Melbourne is red and white. ;)

Choc

Banned
Hey choc, England sacked Capello 4 months from the Euros.

Situation normal etc.

skybus ftw with wifi

anyway i heard he resigned. thats how sky sports reported it.

tottenham should be worried. no doubt harry is the no 1 candidate

Stackboy

So final twisted metal is crazy good

but i would say that

I'm pretty excited to play this too. The week before SSX comes out, so I will be in the thick of that (and will probably continue to play nothing but until I head to the states a few weeks after for holidays) but this is still really anticipated.

Danoss

So I had a 5 minute job interview this morning. I have a trial working day tomorrow so both parties can see whether or not we like eachother. Hopefully that goes well also.

Anyone else picking up Amalur today?

I have a JB voucher to use up so I'll probably grab the PC version from there - more expensive than DD but yeh not much cash at the moment so it will have to be JB.

Haven't bought a PC game retail for a while, feels weird man.

Stackboy

This is the reason why I hate the Gaming forum here:

"Worst Game Purchased?"

Saints Row The Third
God of War
Grand Theft Auto 4
Just Cause 2
Fallout: New Vegas.
LA Noire
RAGE
Dead Space
Assassin's Creed
Crysis 2
Vanquish
Alpha Protocol
Scribblenauts
Brutal Legend
Zack And Wiki
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Halo 3
Skyrim
E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy
Dead Island
Far Cry 2

IS THESE PEOPLE FUCKING STUPID? What the actual fuck? Have these people not played a fucking video game before 2005? I wouldn't even consider Brink or Dragon Age 2 the worst purchases I've ever had. I wouldn't even consider Fable 3.

God damn it.

This kind of stuff is inevitable. Simply because it's what happens when you put together a bunch of people that share the same interests. It's like music fans. Your taste in games/music is wrong, mine is ultimately right.

No seriously, mine is right.

Clipper

My PS3 Kingdoms of Amalur should arrive by courier later today. Resident Evil Revelations too. Pity I had to send my 3DS in for repair, though, so it'll be a while until I get to play that one.

EatChildren

I ordered Revelations from Zavvi. That was a mistake.

Apparently we're getting code from Nintendo though, so I might end up getting that before my damn order arrives.

Anyone else picking up Amalur today?

I have a JB voucher to use up so I'll probably grab the PC version from there - more expensive than DD but yeh not much cash at the moment so it will have to be JB.

Haven't bought a PC game retail for a while, feels weird man.

I'm grabbing Amalur, already pre-loaded so I can play it tonight when I get home.

I enjoyed the demo, so really looking forward to playing.

wonzo

Banned
it's a good day when revelations + circle pad bundle finally arrives from zavvi :>

nintendo club code doesnt register tho :(

So I had a 5 minute job interview this morning. I have a trial working day tomorrow so both parties can see whether or not we like eachother. Hopefully that goes well also.
best of luck dude

Kritz

Banned
Assuming I can get the darn thing working at an acceptable framerate, I'll be streaming Amalur for a bit today.

http://www.justin.tv/kritz7

Will try to let y'all know when I shut it down.

(I realise most of you are at work so streaming is probably a no go, but for those who aren't, this could be helpful? Dunno)

Top Bottom