• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Shaneus

Gawd damn it! Someone stole my shoes from outside the door!
If they were inside, on a rack, you wouldn't have had that problem.

Oh, and to the rest of you with the troll-esque suggestions? You're all shit cunts.

BTW As far as racks go, I'm more looking for something like this to sit somewhere out of the way. But that one is butt-ugly. Just like those people suggesting Ikea.

midonnay

20 years in perth, noone has ever touched my shoes from outside the front door >_>

few months in melbourne....

I've had a gang fight outside my home though o.o;

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Bi8Tx.jpg

Melbgaf Mach 2!

I suggest we meet up a bit before elsewhere, grab a beer or two then loiter down there!

If they were inside, on a rack, you wouldn't have had that problem.

They are, usually. I had kept them out because I had been out in them all day and they were stinking. I would have kept them in the backyard but the puppies would have destroyed them. So I kept them outside in the front lawn, and forgot to bring them in at night.

Woke up and they were gone! @#$%

They can make big bucks in karratha and port hedland too, but the twenty or so at my local are all very young. There's not one over 30. I would find that concerning, from a long term perspective.
TWENTY? That is a lot of hairdressers. Most hairdressers I know usually retire to a life of homemaking or getting involved in their partners business in some fashion. Most hair dressers out in the bush were older and had married up with a farmer so they did it on the side. Not like there is a huge upwards movement available unless you want to get involved in running a franchise or pushing products from a business position. There are obviously a few who make a great living working in the capital cities on rich people or famous people.

Oh, and to the rest of you with the troll-esque suggestions? You're all shit cunts.
So did you make it to an Op Shop yet?

Shaneus

So did you make it to an Op Shop yet?
Kinda. Target.

I did note the suggestion (and sincerely, did appreciate it) but I happened to find pretty much what I was looking for in Target while waiting for a prescription in town. If it was for something less functional I definitely would've hunted around op shops, but I have a feeling most are closed on Sundays anyway.

ckTazl.jpg

Today I saw a duck
Duck doesn't seem to see you, though.

Poor, blind duck.

Ventron

Go to UQ, they have 3 massive geese that are about half your size.

They also have an offspring of a duck and turkey. It looks odd but not quite on "KILL MEEE" levels. I have a photo on my phone but it doesn't want to cooperate right now :(
EDIT: Just remembered I have a pic on my real camera:

5vvT1l.jpg

In-laws have a bunch of geese that try and eat the kids, they even attacked the gf one time. Vile bastards.

2011-08-1414.02.2135x17.jpg

"That duck ate my fucking shoes! Give them back you dick!"

Deeku

I was gonna pop by, but I'm still doing stuff in the office. Been busy all weekend with work.

Also, looks kinda stormy outside:/

legend166

Do you guys reckon I should swap from TPG ADSL2+ to Telstra Cable? $78/month for internet + line rental. Cap is 200GB a month. I reckon I could get a deal to bump that up to 300GB.

I currently get around 5mbps so cable would be pretty ace. It also works out cheaper than the $50/month for internet plus $30 line rental we're paying to Telstra already.

Kritz

Banned
That beer looks delicious kritz.

It ended up not being that great of a beer, but it was a whopping 19 degrees down in salamanca so it was good to have something cool you down.

I think it was Cascade Pale Ale. I mean, I'll drink anything Cascade but I'd prefer a draught to be honest.

(and the place I went to - cargo - had a pretty lousy tap selection. Shoulda gone to Irish Murphies...)

Pale (or green if you are old like me) was beer of choice while at uni. I drank a lot of it... :/

Carlton Draught for us down in Geelong.

Would be cool to find out the local beer of choice around social groups in Australia. Back home in the bush it was VB all the way.

http://i.imgur.com/Bi8Tx.jpg[/IMG

Melbgaf Mach 2!

I suggest we meet up a bit before elsewhere, grab a beer or two then loiter down there![/QUOTE]

has there been a successful melbgaf meet-up yet? i'd sidle along to one but I have a wedding to go to that weekend. plus i know nothing about starcraft apart from it has something called "zergs", and they're in some kind of a hurry.

Clipper

SydGAF Board Games wrapped up a short time ago. We all seemed to have a lot of fun, even though we only ended up playing two games and eating lunch. About 6 hours of stuff all up, so a good run. It likely shall happen again, although it seems the next time people are available is early March, unless some others want to join in on the fun.

Oh, and technically we didn't play any board games, but strategy card games are nearly the same thing (and my Munchkin set DOES include a board).

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
has there been a successful melbgaf meet-up yet? i'd sidle along to one but I have a wedding to go to that weekend. plus i know nothing about starcraft apart from it has something called "zergs", and they're in some kind of a hurry.

We had one about 2 - 3 weekends ago! It was quite successful!

BananaArnie, Myself, Codswollop, anniseed, kritz, shaneus!

we had many a beer and sat around discussing the finer points of life.

We also started a rivalry with the DDK gang.

Ventron

So one of my friends said he saw a racist joke on Facebook. I asked him what it was, he said people are posting "RIP Whitney Houston" but with a picture of Oprah.

I think he's becoming one of those miserable political-correctness types :(

SydCardGamesGAF was great fun, thanks again for organising and hosting it Clipper! Fun times were had and everyone was awesome.

I flatly deny any accusations of cheating.

Also I should read rule books more.

SydBoardGAFGameCardQ1-2012 was fun. Munchkin screwing me over with a lack of monsters at the last level was annoying, as was losing my wizard's hat. That being said, my stealing of much gold in Citadel made up for it.

Kritz

Banned
So one of my friends said he saw a racist joke on Facebook. I asked him what it was, he said people are posting "RIP Whitney Houston" but with a picture of Oprah.

I think he's becoming one of those miserable political-correctness types :(

Wait, Opera died? Shit, I loved her in The Muppets.

Clipper

Incidentally, SydGAF board gamers, I just looked up Cleric rules and my suspicion is correct. They can resurrect the top discard when kicking open the door if they want. This makes them a MUCH more powerful class than how we played them. Still, a ton of fun to play and I may just have some of the expansions by the next time we play :D...

Cohsae

So apparently it's been a while since I was keeping up with the world of the Wii. Bought Skyward Sword today, was just about to set up my Wii and play it. Turns out it requires Motion Plus which I don't have. Ass. Looks like I'm not playing it until tomorrow.
On the plus side this orchestral cd that came with it is RAD.

Turns out it requires Motion Plus which I don't have. Ass. Looks like I'm not playing it until tomorrow.
I had a similar problem. The Motion Plus dongles are apparently no longer in production so you may have trouble finding them standalone. I found one that works on eBay for 13 bucks in December, but if you don't have any luck you'll have to buy a whole new controller...

Danoss

...as was losing my wizard's hat.

I regret nothing.

Incidentally, SydGAF board gamers, I just looked up Cleric rules and my suspicion is correct. They can resurrect the top discard when kicking open the door if they want. This makes them a MUCH more powerful class than how we played them. Still, a ton of fun to play and I may just have some of the expansions by the next time we play :D...

Ah cool, all the better for next time around. It'll be even cooler once we sort out some of the little nuances to the game. Thank for hosting man, I had a great time and am really looking forward to the next one.

I AM THE KING OF MUNCHKIN

My city was the most superior!

Sorry Clipper for destroying one of your buildings right at the end, I couldn't resist.

Top Bottom