• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Would be nice if you could just add custom columns matched to a list or search and that would be pretty much perfect.
And that's why I continue to use TweetDeck. You can add custom columns based on lists, searches, hashtags and also have different update/notification options for them as well.

Omikron

And that's why I continue to use TweetDeck. You can add custom columns based on lists, searches, hashtags and also have different update/notification options for them as well.

Yah. I remember trying it but not being impressed by it initially when I used it. Preferred Plume and it has stuck.

I can see the use of lists/search columns, but for now I tend not to use them so much.

jambo

Oh, it's good, no doubt. Love using it to shoot the mutants that run up to you in the face, but it doesn't feel as awesome as some past shotguns.

It's hard to match perfection

ViS81.png

o9k3U.jpg

pilonv1

I loved that about tweedeck, but then about 2 months ago I couldn't get it to work after a iOS upgrade. So I moved on to tweetbot and it's fantastic. The columns are the only thing I miss from tweetdeck

leca

Dropped into the AusGaf IRC channel over on gamesurge today, is nice to have a few more regulars to chat with during the day :). Works out well as I live in the #gamesonnet channel lol

Vita games I ordered on friday are about to arrive from amazon. Damn DHL, you rock! :D

Dropped into the AusGaf IRC channel over on gamesurge today, is nice to have a few more regulars to chat with during the day :). Works out well as I live in the #gamesonnet channel lol

Vita games I ordered on friday are about to arrive from amazon. Damn DHL, you rock! :D

Wait people use that still? I should drop in while at work.

Kritz

Banned
I actually had a fairly functional Steam<->IRC bot going yesterday. It's not perfect, but it's getting there. Might test it out some more today.

Stackboy

Any other Ausgaffers keen to pick up Twisted Metal? It comes out a week after SSX, so I will be knee deep in powder but I'm still grabbing it. PSN ID is Stackboy_Royale if anyone wants to add me for some fun.

leca

Any other Ausgaffers keen to pick up Twisted Metal? It comes out a week after SSX, so I will be knee deep in powder but I'm still grabbing it. PSN ID is Stackboy_Royale if anyone wants to add me for some fun.

I'm keen to pick Twisted Metal up, but I'm with you entirely. SSX will be getting all of my attention during that time :D

Twisted Metal is a staple of PS gaming for me...long overdue hahaha, hopefully the online is still pumping when I do decide to check it out later in the year.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
So yeah, I sort of forgot to warn about AusGAF DnD tonight. Usual time of 7pm AEDT and all that. Post or PM me to let me know if you can or can't make it so we can definitely have enough numbers.

ugh sorry, short notice I know but I wont be able to make it.

thought I would but i have a 6am start tomorrow so I need to do some things ;_;

hamchan

Oh man, buying PSN codes from Best Buy is awesome. I'm getting $50 US PSN codes for $47 AU. I am actually saving money from just the cards itself and then with the cheaper prices on the US PSN omg.

Gonna stock up on this while i can.

I am interested in buying a digital multitrack recorder for music production.

Does anyone have any experience with these and any makes and models they recommend buying? Budget would be up to $800 maximum including postage.

A decent interface for a PC or Macbook will also be fine.

Thanks.

Fredescu

Does anyone have any experience with these and any makes and models they recommend buying? Budget would be up to $800 maximum including postage.

Thanks.
What kinda stuff are you recording fappe? I've got one of these: http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Delta66.html . That and Cakewalk Sonar was good enough for mixing me and my housemates jams when I used to sharehouse. Pretty sure they do a similar thing with USB.

Shaneus

"Take Me Out is a television dating game show, hosted by Paddy McGuinness, that started airing on ITV1 ... It is based on the original Australian TV show; Taken Out."

I'm sure it's better though.
I thought the show looked familiar. Some decent looking British birds there, though.

I've not had one electricity bill since I moved into this apartment in June :(
Yeah, I can see why you'd be upset with that.

This was $600 for rego, $90 for gas and $390 for elec. So, so painful.

Salazar

"Take Me Out is a television dating game show, hosted by Paddy McGuinness, that started airing on ITV1 ... It is based on the original Australian TV show; Taken Out."

I'm sure it's better though.

lol, wow.

Yes. Trashy yet disquietingly attractive British ladies in a disgustingly immoral but basically PG variety format.

Win.

What kinda stuff are you recording fappe? I've got one of these: http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Delta66.html . That and Cakewalk Sonar was good enough for mixing me and my housemates jams when I used to sharehouse. Pretty sure they do a similar thing with USB.

Thanks Fred. Something in the heavy metal spectrum. Does that work in Windows 7? I'd get one of those, but I'm not keen on having to move the PC to jam studios to get things recorded.

I was looking at getting a Tascam recorder, but I've no idea about anything. I also currently own a Roland UA25, but it only has two inputs and I'd need to record a drumkit somewhat decently with around 8 channels for the drums, guitars etc.

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/FastTrackUltra8R.html

Hmm. I've always stayed away from M-Audio but this looks rather spiffy.

Danoss

Thanks.

I have one of the (previous model that has no USB) items below and think it would work for your application. I don't use mine for music recording, but it should do a pretty decent job of it. It works on both PC and Mac and is powered via the FireWire input, avoid the USB input if at all possible.

MOTU UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid

I bought it from The Electric Room in Adelaide. The owner is a really nice guy, I've bought a few things from him after having a chat on the phone. I found a cheaper price elsewhere and he gladly matched it. Definitely give them a try, the service is really good.

Kritz

Banned
I did it. I made a working Steam <-> IRC chat bot. You can test it via the web IRC client here:

http://webchat.gamesurge.net/?channels=AusGAF

Anything someone says in Steam gets sent to our IRC channel. Anything said in IRC goes to Steam. It has a few kinks and it is not an instant transfer (takes about 1-2 seconds either way)

This is not a 24/7 thing, as I need to have my computer on to run it. I have set up a virtual box to do it while my PC is on. If I can I'll migrate it to a dedicated PC.

I'll keep it running for most of tomorrow for some stress testing.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Just watched Alien. Turns out it's mind-blowingly good, go figure.

Kritz

Banned
A few other things:

I will add a userlist command later so you can see who's in Steam / IRC.
Neither side see people leave or join the opposite chat. I will fix this eventually.
Sometimes the bot breaks and I don't know why and it doesn't let you know it's broken.

Ydahs

Anyone up for creating an AFL thread this year? Preseason comp starts Friday.

Fisheyes did the last one, though I haven't seen him around for a while.

Car rego is stupidly expensive. Even worse when you have 2 cars. Since moving to Warrnambool we have used the EL Falcon a total of 3 times I think. Totally worth the $600 a year!

Just watched Alien. Turns out it's mind-blowingly good, go figure.
Just in time for Prometheus this year! Along with TDKR it is my most anticpated movie of the year.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Next up is Aliens, then Blade Runner.

Going through my movies I need to watch list, obviously.

I thought the show looked familiar. Some decent looking British birds there, though.

Yeah, I can see why you'd be upset with that.

Last Friday for me: $1400 Wisdom Teeth; $690 Car Insurance; $250 Electricity; $340 Rates.

BAM!

Edit: Shaneus, you usually get moist over cheap iTunes cards, don't you? DSE has an online special for today only: $100 cards for $75.

Top Bottom