• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

jambo

There is a 1,500 post limit, but you can change the date range to get earlier stuff.

EDIT: Ok so I checked and you can only do 12 months ago and previous, so if you go over 1,500 you still miss out on older stuff =\

Clipper

Is it me or is there no Ausgafinanigans in the thread page you posted?! (Ausgaf + Shenanigans = Ausgafinanigans!)
It's because he used a "page=" URL and he's using 100 posts per page. Just go to the last two pages of the thread and you'll see what's going on.

midonnay and others, a lesson that should be learned is that when posting on GAF, link to a post, not a page. Anyone can get back to the full page from a post link, but if you go the other way, you'll confuse anyone on a different number of posts per page. If you do want to link to a page starting from a given post, click the post number to get the single post, then click the Thread link at the top right of that page. You get a URL for the thread view of the post you linked that way. Like this one for the start of Salazar's stuff.

So can I has custom soundtrack in Saints Row 3?

God damnit, massive nostalgia from the SR3 thread, bringing me back to Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX and THPS2. When game music was licensed but actually pretty fucking cool.
Dave Mirra was awesome. Plus Deftones and Cypress Hill. They also made the awesome Aggressive Inline before Activision ran them into the ground with shitty game after Acclaim did the same.

Also THPS2 was godly for music. Bad Religion, RATM, Anthrax with PE and everyone's favourite at the time Papa Roach!

They have average coffee that you don't have to make yourself. And little mini gingerbread men to keep the little tike happy while you wander a shopping centre aimlessly because it is a hell of a lot better than trying to think of some proper family orientated activity to do on a Friday after working all week and needing to appease the significant others.

Also fuck me Hughes. Come on. COME ON. Not the best way to start the massive haul to that total.

They also have blueberry bagels.

No, they have shit coffee which you mask with caramel. :p

fair enough. I guess I'm one of those terrible people who drink coffee with milk and sugar and enjoy it because its sweet. Less than two spoons and I won't drink it. Too bitter. Then again I only started drinking it a year or so ago..

Also, is it depressing that I saw this ad and cried "Fake! I've seen that fat stomach picture before!"

vy4fhs.png

I've got work in the morning and I am sitting here looking at a browser tab hitting refresh every ten seconds to see if a damn ball has hit a bat or not. I should be at a pub drunk, watching the damn thing on a TV surrounded by alcoholics.

Axiom

That DOA movie was incredibly dumb...but in a fun way.

I pre-ordered a Vita, I am still not entirely sure why given we don't even have launch games yet. I'm not even sure if it comes with a memory card.

Edit: Good lord my post history goes back to 2004.

I thought the 'Revolution' looked really sexy in black apparently.

Deeku

That DOA movie was incredibly dumb...but in a fun way.

I pre-ordered a Vita, I am still not entirely sure why given we don't even have launch games yet. I'm not even sure if it comes with a memory card.
Don't think it comes with memory card, so you'll need to buy it separately. I'll be getting Everybody's Golf and Wipeout.

Shaneus

So can I has custom soundtrack in Saints Row 3?

Dave Mirra was awesome. Plus Deftones and Cypress Hill. They also made the awesome Aggressive Inline before Activision ran them into the ground with shitty game after Acclaim did the same.

Also THPS2 was godly for music. Bad Religion, RATM, Anthrax with PE and everyone's favourite at the time Papa Roach!
No idea on custom soundtrack. I know you can create a playlist of what's there, but haven't looked into it further. I'm sure it could be hacked, if not Volition will definitely release a patch.

Yup, the DM game was surprisingly good. I liked it quite a deal more than Mat Hoffman that came out around a year after, from memory.

THPS2 soundtrack was ridiculously fucking good, yup. But that Papa Roach song... fuuuuck. For the longest time I only had the demo of THPS2 (for PC? I remember playing it over and over... it was the Marseilles area, I think) and that was the one song in it. But the rest was awesome, and of course half the time I fired it up it was just to watch the kick-arse intro.

Edit: On that note, Bodyjar were in THPS3? I never played it much, only during the period I owned a Gamecube. By the time I got it, 4 was almost out and never invested much in it.

My mum gave me the choice while we were on holiday in Adelaide between THPS2 and the newly released 28 Days album UpStyleDown with bonus When Dickheads Snap Vol.2 VHS. I chose THPS2. I was a smart lad.

Don't think it comes with memory card, so you'll need to buy it separately. I'll be getting Everybody's Golf and Wipeout.
Ridge Racer too hopefully. Still haven't given any thought to the memory card situation, hopefully there will be a cheap alternative available on day one. It has been too long since I played the shit out of Everybodys Gold on the PSOne.

jambo

I think my housemate's cat is mentally challenged.

Every time I feed it, it eats it's food, then goes out the window and around the side of the house. I go out in to the main living are and it's waiting outside by the sliding doors to be let in.

=\

markot

Banned

Every time I feed it, it eats it's food, then goes out the window and around the side of the house. I go out in to the main living are and it's waiting outside, by the sliding doors to be let in.

=\

Its letting you know who is boss.

Hint: Not you!

Dead Man

Every time I feed it, it eats it's food, then goes out the window and around the side of the house. I go out in to the main living are and it's waiting outside by the sliding doors to be let in.

=\

If you keep letting it in, it's winning.

Deeku

Ridge Racer too hopefully. Still haven't given any thought to the memory card situation, hopefully there will be a cheap alternative available on day one. It has been too long since I played the shit out of Everybodys Gold on the PSOne.
Maybe, but I think I've had enough of the RR series. The only thing going for it is the fact that the psp games were pretty good.

You should grab Everybody's Golf 2 on psp. I think it's like 10 bucks or something on psn. Such a fun game!

Seconds ball before play was called off. fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

ryan gosling really is the definition of sexiest man alive
That reminds me that I need to watch At The Movies more often. Also Ides of March looks fantastic, Clooney is underrated.

I never let it in.

And I'm only feeding it at the moment because my housemates are in another country.
Time for some re-education training then.

jambo

Yeah it updates the thread every 60 seconds and adds any new posts that it finds.

Only problem is if people edit it doesn't update old posts, and people in AusGAF just love to edit their posts so you have to F5 every now and then.

Choc

Banned
Ok so im posting out halos today to roosters

anyway lets set some ground rules on this community bundle of games we will hopefully have

1. You have to post impressions of the game in ausgaf :) Even if its like a paragraph

2. The discs in the community pile will be promo NFR's. I know that means lots of you won't be able to contribute at first, if ever but it stops the situation where someone gives up something they paid a lot of money for losing it if that happens. Just think its better. It puts pressure on those who get NFR discs to offer them i know but i think its better way.

3. Postage is paid for by teh person posting it.

4. Once you have finished the game you pass it on to the next person who wants the game :)

Current list of games

-Halos
-Forza 4 (X3n this is on the way, it got delayed sorry about that)
-Uncharted 3 (currently with Legend166)
-Rayman Origins (when i finish it, it will get added)

Cheers

Hope you all think this is a good idea :)

anyway lets set some ground rules on this community bundle of games we will hopefully have

1. You have to post impressions of the game in ausgaf :) Even if its like a paragraph

2. The discs in the community pile will be promo NFR's. I know that means lots of you won't be able to contribute at first, if ever but it stops the situation where someone gives up something they paid a lot of money for losing it if that happens. Just think its better. It puts pressure on those who get NFR discs to offer them i know but i think its better way.

4. Once you have finished the game you pass it on to the next person who wants the game :)

Current list of games

-Halos

Cheers

What have i missed? I have a heap of games lying around so if i'm reading this right i can throw up a list of stuff. GoogleDoc Choc?

ryan gosling really is the definition of sexiest man alive

dat six pack

dat voice

dat body

I'm surprised this is the thing to make me in agreement with Choc. :D
He's one of my man-crushes.

Automatic F5! With automation!

Nice avy!

Current list of games

-Halos

Cheers

Cheers Choc! You're a legend166 for doing all this.

NFR?

Also my company has the worst IT for any Austraila wide company without a doubt

Not for resale I'm assuming.

Top Bottom