• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Add me to the Halo list. Wouldn't mind having a crack at it.

And I agree only having NFRs in the pile makes sense. Maybe only also for regular contributors or not juniors or something?

Choc

Banned
so nfs the run

finished it on the weekend

Despite common consensus the game is not 2 hours long its about 4 hours but the 'racing time' is around 2 hours. That means over the course of the run there is about 2 hours load times, yep..

The game is quite good but i can see why its getting bad reviews. The run is to short and everything else is just filler. Whilst it lasts though the run is really good. You always feel pressure to race at the limit and the Frostbite 2 engine makes it look very good although not as good as BF3 which is a bit weird.

A few things that make it shit are that the game at some points requires you to fail to progress. So you can be chasing a car thinking man i need to reset as i will never catch them, only to discover that you NEED to fail to actually kick a cut scene in. There are also points in the races where a cut scene takes over and you are like WTF

The on foot stuff is ridiculous. I think after the reaction at E3 they toned that down. There is two on foot sequences the entire game. With one of them being the one you saw at E3.

Driving from one side of the US to the other is a cool idea though and you really see a lot of different environments.

Also, I realised its just Crusin USA HD ! :)

if you can get it for 20 bucks its worth it. If not, wait.

Choc

Banned
Add me to the Halo list. Wouldn't mind having a crack at it.

And I agree only having NFRs in the pile makes sense. Maybe only also for regular contributors or not juniors or something?

yeah i agree with this totally. Not to rag on Juniors but tehy are more likely to do a runner so to speak

maybe if the junior is established and post a lot? or we seem to know them a bit better than just some lurker ? :)

i dunno, always a risk with this hence NFRs

Just a suggestion to have a time limit on games, so people won't have the one game for months since you should be able to finish most games in a decent time frame.

Obviously this would vary depending on the game.

Just an idea. Good concept though guys.

Choc

Banned
Just a suggestion to have a time limit on games, so people won't have the one game for months since you should be able to finish most games in a decent time frame.

Obviously this would vary depending on the game.

Just an idea. Good concept though guys.

agreed

Ok so im posting out halos today to roosters

anyway lets set some ground rules on this community bundle of games we will hopefully have

1. You have to post impressions of the game in ausgaf :) Even if its like a paragraph

2. The discs in the community pile will be promo NFR's. I know that means lots of you won't be able to contribute at first, if ever but it stops the situation where someone gives up something they paid a lot of money for losing it if that happens. Just think its better. It puts pressure on those who get NFR discs to offer them i know but i think its better way.

3. Postage is paid for by teh person posting it.

4. Once you have finished the game you pass it on to the next person who wants the game :)

Current list of games

-Halos
-Forza 4 (X3n this is on the way, it got delayed sorry about that)
-Uncharted 3 (currently with Legend166)
-Rayman Origins (when i finish it, it will get added)

Cheers

Hope you all think this is a good idea :)

I would verily like to play Rayman Origins. (which platform is it on?)

Dead Man

Ok so im posting out halos today to roosters

anyway lets set some ground rules on this community bundle of games we will hopefully have

1. You have to post impressions of the game in ausgaf :) Even if its like a paragraph

2. The discs in the community pile will be promo NFR's. I know that means lots of you won't be able to contribute at first, if ever but it stops the situation where someone gives up something they paid a lot of money for losing it if that happens. Just think its better. It puts pressure on those who get NFR discs to offer them i know but i think its better way.

3. Postage is paid for by teh person posting it.

4. Once you have finished the game you pass it on to the next person who wants the game :)

Current list of games

-Halos
-Forza 4 (X3n this is on the way, it got delayed sorry about that)
-Uncharted 3 (currently with Legend166)
-Rayman Origins (when i finish it, it will get added)

Cheers

Hope you all think this is a good idea :)

I still have Uncharted 2 if there is anyone who hasn't played it yet.

justin.au

Yeah Choc, I was flipping through the Age this morn', saw the headline, read a paragraph and threw the entire paper in the bin. (Kept BusinessDay/Sport, however).

Fairfax are kidding themselves if they think publishing nonsense from ex-Liberal hacks is going to help their shitty circulation. They always wheel out Peter 'Twelve Pints of Bitter' Costello to write something to the effect of: 'Wayne Swan is rubbish, Labor is rubbish, I'm the reason why the economy isn't a turd'. Utterly tiresome.

What's all this about a travelling sisterhood?

Choc

Banned
I love how John Hartigan (who i know is not fairfox) got riled up when News Limited was accused @ the media enquiry of having an agenda against the current Government

its fucking true you fuckwit hack.

Jintor

Hell is doing tech support for your parents over a crackly phone line.

"So just open up Gmail and attach the document-"

"It's not there!"

"Well, you opened up the window to find out where it was, right?"

"I mean, the window! It's not there!"

"Well, what does it say at the top of the window that you've opened?"

"Which window? I don't understand - oh, you mean that window. Well, it says *CRACKLY PHONE LINE* and I don't know where that is"

"Pardon?"

"PARDON?!?"

etc

Shaneus

What client is that? Looks purty.
Twitterriffic. That's the freebie one, but I'm hesitant to drop money on the full app because I frequently get "connection error" messages when refreshing my feed, even though my phone has at least 50% signal. Can't establish whether it's the app, the phone or the provider. Same issues don't happen with the official app, though :/

Jeez as soon as I saw you tweet him I KNEW you would bring it up in here. So predictible young Shane.

Actually I am super jelly he never tweets me. :(
I wasn't even expecting a response, TBH. I just saw it while working and thought it was a bit funny!
Hell is doing tech support for your parents over a crackly phone line.

"So just open up Gmail and attach the document-"

"It's not there!"

"Well, you opened up the window to find out where it was, right?"

"I mean, the window! It's not there!"

"Well, what does it say at the top of the window that you've opened?"

"Which window? I don't understand - oh, you mean that window. Well, it says *CRACKLY PHONE LINE* and I don't know where that is"

"Pardon?"

"PARDON?!?"

etc
Logmein.com

I would kill for Mastodon to do a concept album follow up to Creature Lives. Such a fantastic song that I have grown to really love in a very short period of time.

Infamous 2, Huge range of PS3 platinum games, SSFIVAE PS3/360 for $25 and less.

fuck.me.
amanda vanstone
'alan joyce should be Australian of the year'
http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/polit...ed-australian-of-the-year-20111120-1np97.html
smh
Holy shit that is an insane article! SMH indeed. I would expect this kind of crap from a rag with a fuzzy picture of bigfoot on the front page but this really is showing your cards a little too blatantly. Might as well get Warwick Capper's opinion on the situation.

It is an opinion column.
Would they publish Mel Gibsons opinion on the Jewish people if it was as incomprehensible as Vanstones? Shit, well they would but you get my point. If they want to be taken seriously they shouldn't print garbage like that. The editor should have read the article, laughed, and thrown it in the bin. Do they still have editors?

Clipper

So, finally a tracking update on my PS3:
fifteendays.png

Fifteen days just to enter Australia when Amazon quoted 8-16 for the full turnaround. Still, at least it's coming. Now I just have to figure out how to sort this out with Amazon, given that I'm currently in the situation that the total exchange of cash is them giving $2 to me to accept this delayed PS3 :p.

Shanshan, did yours get an update too?

Top Bottom