• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Fredescu

Oh yeah, household debt is high, but as the article states, is that because the cost of living is high? or more because cost of lifestyle is high?
In that Kohler article he says "a six-fold rise in the median house price since 1986, from $93,000 to $550,000 now. Over the same period, average household incomes have risen 3.5 times." So that means rents and mortgages have risen a lot faster than incomes. Unless "lifestyle" means "not living with parents until you're 40", I'm going to say "cost of living".

midonnay

Banks: we have to raise interest rate out of sync with the Reserve bank because we're in a tight spot with regards to funding costs....

Commonwealth bank: *cough* record fucking profits ^____^

>_<

Rezbit

Just went and saw Arrietty. Not bad, not as great as some of the other Ghibli stuff, and it's pretty standard "little people" fare. Nice movie though.

Fredescu

I got some footage of the concert, my sister as well.
football1.jpg

markot

Banned
Ok... so they wear thigh high boots now >_>?

And yeah, I probably blew a thousand or so bucks on bball cards back when I was a kid >.<;

markot

Banned
I think I organised by team. But I hated it when they switched teams.

And I used to get that stupid magazine, that had like all the card valuations in it >.> forgot the name.

How's the Last Story comp going in terms of entrants, Vook? I imagine it'd be higher than Xenoblade thanks to the whole not being a drawing thing, just curious to know how many people are going to beat me.

midonnay

I think I organised by team. But I hated it when they switched teams.

And I used to get that stupid magazine, that had like all the card valuations in it >.> forgot the name.

becketts i think....

NBA basically died for me when they stopped showing that highlights show on channel ten.....can't remember the name, inside hoops ....one on one..... with steve carfino.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
How's the Last Story comp going in terms of entrants, Vook? I imagine it'd be higher than Xenoblade thanks to the whole not being a drawing thing, just curious to know how many people are going to beat me.

15 entries so far, pretty good for one of our comps

Ok... so they wear thigh high boots now >_>?

And yeah, I probably blew a thousand or so bucks on bball cards back when I was a kid >.<;

Pretty sure they're socks.

The Lin stuff is ridiculous. You'd think he was a LeBron or Kobe caliber player with all the attention he's been getting. I guess that's what happens when someone gets going in NY though. I wonder if he's becoming a player or if he'll go back to being a backup?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Lordy lord at Target, Big W and Kmart not stocking Vita.

guidop

Not much of the NBA fan but the thread in OT is pretty solid gold, Blackace and Bishoptl both frequent and regulary give people funny tags, some really good ribbing and banter unlike the football, soccer thread. Plus nba.com is amazing it is to sports whats steam and valve are to gaming

midonnay

I think "post if you're okay" is the internet version of "blink once for yes, blink twice for no"

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OnceForYesTwiceForNo?from=Main.ptitlek2r4ms3w

A character is only able to communicate through a limited set of responses, but tries to convey a lot more information than their medium provides. The title refers to the most extreme version, where the character has only one possible response they can give.

In one standard version of this, the "character" is a spirit at a (generally faked) seance, and all they can do is rap (usually because it's easy for whoever's faking the seance to make a rapping sound discreetly under the table). They then end up rapping once for yes, twice for no, and then spelling out a message by having the participants in the seance run through the alphabet, to be stopped by a rap when they reach the next letter in the message.

A common joke is for two raps to be misinterpreted as "yes, yes". Another (often in the seance variant) is for a character to say "Is there anyone there? Knock once for yes, twice for no!"

Jintor

Vooks article up on Kotaku tommorrow, looking forward to it

Maybe it'll give me the journalistic kick up the arse I need to get back to researching this legal shit

Spent the afternoon running around trying to find a Herald Sun to get a slab of Hoegaarden as the Dans website was saying in stock in Warrnambool only to find they had none. Sucks. Might grab a slab of fake Stella tomorrow since I am almost out of cider. Or maybe I should cut back on the drinking.

Two free steam games, king Arthur and rochard: www.ozbargain.com.au/node/63671
Damn it! Should have done it this morning, expired now. :(

CTRL+F "debt". What the fuck? Terrible article. Alan Kohler said it better and quicker and with less annoying scrolling: http://www.businessspectator.com.au...ng-euro-debt-crisis-markets-pd20120215-RGS5W?
Hey nice, a close mate of mine has been writing for them for the past 3 years. I enjoy their stuff.

Because I start when the rest of the business starts, there's rarely anyone in by the time I know I'm sick... and if I call up right when I'm supposed to start then I figure that's being a bit shit with notice. At least with email, if a manager checks their Blackberry beforehand they know :)
Only four of us in the office and if my tasks don't get done everything goes to shit so it is polite to make a call and give them a heads up, I have their mobile phone numbers so I can give them a call the day before to get organised.

The bishop article isnt about Father Bob, so fail!
Churches have wronged more than one good hearted fellow over the years.

srsly, youd think geography would be one of the main... things in the army.
After playing Battlefield and COD it should be well known that soldiers only need to be pointed in the right direction and told what shape building to go towards. Most of the time training is spent watching Stripes any way.

So Choc, why aren't Sony selling the Vita in Target, Big W and Kmart?
VOOK dropping the hot scoops! Also Shanshan with the intel hookup.

How much of a consoles sales comes from those retailers compared to EBGames/GAME? I wouldn't expect it to be panic stations yet, especially since the whole Nintendo/HarveyNormans thing.

Not much of the NBA fan but the thread in OT is pretty solid gold, Blackace and Bishoptl both frequent and regulary give people funny tags, some really good ribbing and banter unlike the football, soccer thread. Plus nba.com is amazing it is to sports whats steam and valve are to gaming
Too bad Telstra run afl.com, what a piece of shit. I love bball and their audience setup is incredible, if the AFL or ICC took the effort to get to that level they would find their viewership increase a huge amount.

Deeku

VOOK dropping the hot scoops! Also Shanshan with the intel hookup.
I think that shan is a different shan.

Also, looks like all my vita stuff is being imported now - just bought a 16gb card off PA. So much for attempting to support local lol.

Edit: Oh wait, I'm getting golf off psn so I guess that kinda counts as local!

I think that shan is a different shan.

Also, looks like all my vita stuff is being imported now. So much for attempting to support local lol. Oh wait, I'm getting golf off psn so I guess that kinda counts as local!

Ah whoops.

Tempted to go full DD and import a bunch of US PSN cards along with a memory card from LOGS. Although I don't plan on grabbing a Vita until July so maybe it will have a bundle by then.

Deeku

Ah whoops.

Tempted to go full DD and import a bunch of US PSN cards along with a memory card from LOGS. Although I don't plan on grabbing a Vita until July so maybe it will have a bundle by then.
Yeah, I was thinking of doing that with the best buy thing ham posted, but I kinda want to keep all my stuff under my main psn account.

Salazar

Maybe if you write a letter to the Laotian government, they'll send the fun police in quash this getting drunk and going swimming nonsense.

Well yeah. Bars selling sketchy homebrew spirits next to rope swings, ziplines, and tower jumps into a rock-filled river seems like something that should

a) be avoided
b) be shut down

22 reported deaths from Laos tubing in 2011 sounds like a case for the fun police.

Top Bottom