• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

markot

Banned
A new MB would suckkkkkkkk cause I have an intel i7 920, and intel has like 40 new sockets since then >_<;

Nothings worked, no light on the MB, and how do I tell if the PSU doesnt work >.>?

Damn this foot. WOke up after a mostly sleepless night a couple back with an intense pain in my foot. As if someone smashed it with a hammer where my middle toe bone joins onto the lateral cuneiform bone. I think it is probably a pulled muscle in my sleep as last night when I went for a walk it felt fine once warmed up but today the whole area feels a little swollen. Boo.
I blame the child. Can't pull all nighters any more, start to feel sick in the stomach around 4am and need to get some deep sleep in otherwise I am useless for the day.

Oh yeah, I knew it was canon, but it was like a side story, almost like.... eh... I dunno, like when a TV show does an entire episode on location. You know what I mean... I think.
Like a Christmas episode or loose prequel, yeah.

Also nice God youve got there Legend! Lets just randomly throw trillions of volts of energy down at the ground randomly! THAT SHOULD BE FINE CANT SEE ANY PROBLEMS THERE GOD! YOUR AN IDEAS MAN!
It isn't random, you should talk to a fulminologist some time.

Disconnect everything bar the PSU, CPU, RAM (even the power and HDD, cables from the case - only leaving the PSU to motherboard connected). Turn it on by shorting the two pins where the power cable was with a screwdriver. If the CPU fan starts spinning the PSU is likely OK.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Smell the PSU. That will tell you if it's fried or not!

If the PSU is working you should see a light on your motherboard suggesting it's getting power to it.

Actually maybe it is a sign that the time is right to upgrade. Seems the most reasonable option. All you need to do is pull out your CPU and motherboard (might as well chuck the PSU just in case)! Would take 2 minutes tops.

Just grab a 2500k, basic motherboard & PSU for $460! (plus postage)

Sick of waiting for windows to boot or all that silly mechanical hard drive noise? Grab a 128Gb SSD for $170! Think of the savings IN TIME!

Also for the lovely Shaneus of the family, cutting edge graphics! The Team Red 7970 for $540! Be the envy of all of your block!

markot

Banned
My i7 920 is fine, everything runs fast, and I already have an SSD.

I recently bought a 6950 too.

So im in no mood to upgrade >_<!

Shaneus

Damn this foot. WOke up after a mostly sleepless night a couple back with an intense pain in my foot. As if someone smashed it with a hammer where my middle toe bone joins onto the lateral cuneiform bone.
D3ZAq.jpg

Like a Christmas episode or loose prequel, yeah.
Woo!

Also for the lovely Shaneus of the family, cutting edge graphics! The Team Red 7970 for $540! Be the envy of all of your block!
God damn, is that the reputation I have around here? :(

God damn, is that the reputation I have around here? :(

The reputation is that you have money and like to spend money.

Also that you are Team Red. >_>

Also you were talking about this card at some point so my memory did its thing on time for once rather than recalling that tidbit about 72 hours down the track.

Omikron

It may be me just being naive, but does anyone else find the constant leadership speculation around the labor party a complete media beat up? There are some in the media that seemingly love to report on this shit and play off every little nugget like its gold dust. Gotta report something I guess?

Anyway, this video kicked it off on twitter tonight.

http://youtu.be/uOUFKZBpFTY

Amusing, thats about it.

markot

Banned
Oh here is a video, tell me whats the haps!

http://youtu.be/BEAuMm330Do

The click is when I turn on the 'power' thingy on the back, the thingy on the psu.

When I turn it on the lights start flashing like that, then the second click is me turning the back thingy off.

So, whats that make people think >.<? Psu or Mb?

Its like the power comes then cuts off then comes then cuts off.

Hmmmmmmm?!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
You rate it? What's good about it? It looks interesting.

It is indeed great.

What's good? Really interesting modern take on an old classic ( I didn't really know much about sherlock before hand either, so don't let that stop you)

and it's british!

Sherlock is indeed great. I didn't expect it being a modern take would work well, but it really does. Stevens Moffat really knows his stuff.

IMO the best episodes are the ones with Moriarty. Both season finales are fantastic.

guidop

It may be me just being naive, but does anyone else find the constant leadership speculation around the labor party a complete media beat up? There are some in the media that seemingly love to report on this shit and play off every little nugget like its gold dust. Gotta report something I guess?

Anyway, this video kicked it off on twitter tonight.

http://youtu.be/uOUFKZBpFTY

Amusing, thats about it.

great gifs can be had from that piece of footage

hamchan

Both Sherlock season's openers and finales are fantastic. The middle episodes can both be skipped imo. Also if you've read some of the original Sherlock Holmes the references and changes to it will either make you outraged or make you smile to yourself.

Darklord

Banned
Watching the Simpsons on dvd it's weird seeing scenes I've never seen on episodes that I've seen a hundred times as a kid. Stupid channel 10 edits!

hamchan

whats some great podcast i download guys, need some stuff to help take my mind off the exercise im doing

What I listen to:

Gaming:
Giant Bombcast
Idle Thumbs (old but still good and possibly relaunching soon!)

Comedy:
Ricky Gervais Show (costs money on itunes but is one of the funniest things ever)
Comedy Bang Bang
The Pod F. Tompkast
The Nerdist
WTF with Marc Maron

Other:
This American Life
Stuff You Should Know
Dan Carlin's Hardcore History
Writing Excuses (Good if you like reading or writing alot)

Jintor

What I listen to:

Gaming:
Giant Bombcast

Comedy:
Ricky Gervais Show (costs money on itunes but is one of the funniest things ever)
Comedy Bang Bang
The Pod F. Tompkast
The Nerdist
WTF with Marc Maron

Other:
This American Life
Stuff You Should Know

Startalk Radio also good. Neil deGrasse Tyson!

Shaneus

The reputation is that you have money and like to spend money.

Also that you are Team Red. >_>

Also you were talking about this card at some point so my memory did its thing on time for once rather than recalling that tidbit about 72 hours down the track.
The reputation is true, but I don't recall talking about the card. Actually, there's a possibility I may have, but it would've only been in passing because hey, it pales in comparison to my TRIPLE GRAPHICS PROCESSING UNIT setup I'm currently not playing games on.

What I listen to:

Gaming:
Giant Bombcast

Comedy:
Comedy Bang Bang
The Pod F. Tompkast
The Nerdist
WTF with Marc Maron

Other:
This American Life
Stuff You Should Know
You appear to have forgotten My Brother, My Brother and Me.

From here http://www.superufo.com/products/psvita/PS_VITA_PS_VITA_US_Console_WiFi.html

About $400 all up with 16gb memory card and express shipping. No Uncharted for me :p
Damn... $400? Fuck. Wait, no. I don't need it. I'll just buy one down the track when it's been busted open and I can play emulated stuff on it, just like I did with the PSP (that is currently being used about as much as something that doesn't get used a lot).

legend166

whats some great podcast i download guys, need some stuff to help take my mind off the exercise im doing

Since you like soccer, download Men In Blazers. It's an EPL focused podcast which also has the benefit of being completely hilarious.

When I'm in NYC I'm going to visit the crap part of SoHo.

r1chard

I'm not sure. I'll wait until I hear what Tony thinks about it.

Top Bottom