• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Clipper

It's alright, markot. There's only one semi-regular Aus-Gaffer who is flat out dumb.

Unrelated: where is Shan ? She be unbanned.

She was only unbanned within the last few days. She might not have realised that her account is back yet. Also, you be stealth-editing...

Salazar

Man, I think I got a blister on my foot...

Take up boxing instead. Get one of these.

aVlYc.jpg

Bizarrely arduous and satisfying exercise. Not as primitive as a bag.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Anyone in Radelaide looking for a house mate currently?

A friends lease is up and they were moving with their sibling... who's then just upped and told them they don't want to live with them anymore... and they have no money saved up for a bond to get their own place... so pretty fucked at the moment

jambo

Anyone in Radelaide looking for a house mate currently?

A friends lease is up and they were moving with their sibling... who's then just upped and told them they don't want to live with them anymore... and they have no money saved up for a bond to get their own place... so pretty fucked at the moment

I was looking at moving around May, is that too far off?

EDIT: lol I just read it properly, didn't realise it was so dire right now

Choc

Banned
i have taken my first step to freedom

i have deleted my work email account from my phone.

The reason i have done this is whenever something goes wrong, it is emailed late at night from overseas

This is annoying and makes me stress out in sleep

fuck that shit

:D

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
i have taken my first step to freedom

i have deleted my work email account from my phone.

The reason i have done this is whenever something goes wrong, it is emailed late at night from overseas

This is annoying and makes me stress out in sleep

fuck that shit

:D

my phone is a work phone lol. but yes I did that on my tablet and my spare phone

I have work email on my personal phone, but don't have it setup for push, only for manual retrieval. I hate seeing work email when I'm not at work, it means you can't relax properly. This way I only check it when I choose to and am already thinking about work.

Get them to give you a work phone!
It's not so much about whether you have a work phone or not, but thinking about work when you're supposed to be in your downtime.

Deeku

I have work email on my personal phone, but don't have it setup for push, only for manual retrieval. I hate seeing work email when I'm not at work, it means you can't relax properly. This way I only check it when I choose to and am already thinking about work.

It's not so much about whether you have a work phone or not, but thinking about work when you're supposed to be in your downtime.
You can switch the work phone off once you get home!

But yeah, choc should probably do it your way and set it to manual retrieval instead of just deleting the thing.

midonnay

I'm a renter so rather not get stuck into a contract or use DSL (forced to get phone connection)

vividwireless had similar speeds to DSL and a month to month agreement. (was getting 12mbps)

midonnay

looks like I may have to though ....... probably tpg coz they have the most robust backhaul network short of Telstra. >_>

(or maybe move to brunswick and get on that nbn gravy)

Choc

Banned
OK i'm going to fucking say it

Tony Abbott would be better as Prime Minister right now with the crap thats going on. Labor need to have this challenge or bury it, its becoming too much of a distraction to the real work that needs doing.

midonnay

18 months before the election..... they still have time to slug it out....

even if Gillard forces a challenge in a week.... its likely that it won't be a decisive victory and Rudd will just move to the backbench and plot another move when there is another stuff up.

Jintor

Four Corners just had one of the most brutal pieces of investigative journalism I've ever seen, a look into systematic torture by the Syrian Government. I feel kind of sick now. A lot of blurry YouTube footage, but that's the evidence you have to work with I suppose. That's real journalism. They (well, the BBC I guess) had a man on the ground in Syria. Balls of steel.

Makes our political worries seem kind of pathetic, really.

The power of the media as a whole still seems suspect to me, but then again, perhaps it's not a dagger, but a time-bomb...

Rezbit

Four Corners just had one of the most brutal pieces of investigative journalism I've ever seen, a look into systematic torture by the Syrian Government. I feel kind of sick now. A lot of blurry YouTube footage, but that's the evidence you have to work with I suppose. That's real journalism. They (well, the BBC I guess) had a man on the ground in Syria. Balls of steel.

Makes our political worries seem kind of pathetic, really.

The power of the media as a whole still seems suspect to me, but then again, perhaps it's not a dagger, but a time-bomb...

Well said Jintor.

Dead Man

OK i'm going to fucking say it

Tony Abbott would be better as Prime Minister right now with the crap thats going on. Labor need to have this challenge or bury it, its becoming too much of a distraction to the real work that needs doing.

I would prefer nothing getting done to ruinous hateful shit getting done.

The Witcher 2 for $15 from Amazon DD. BUY IT YOU HEATHENS.

I have to get a new cpu as well, even though its fine, because stupid intel is jump and lame and has a new socket every 2 months!!
You should totally grab a 2500k and z68 board!!!

If Fox loses the NRL rights, I think they may be in a spot of trouble. Myself and a lot of people I know only have Foxtel for NRL matches. If they lost it, I would cancel Foxtel immediately. It serves no other purpose.
I know quite a few people who have Foxtel just because of the NBA, when One started showing more games they were tempted to cancel but One moved their focus pretty quickly unfortunately.
My Dad has always said that the day that the F1 and V8 Supercars are taken off FTA is the day he will get Austar.

It's alright, markot. There's only one semi-regular Aus-Gaffer who is flat out dumb.
It's me right? Or am I considered pretty-regular. I HAVE been getting more fibre in my diet this past month.

Take up boxing instead. Get one of these.

aVlYc.jpg
Nope, this is what you need.

Product-201051319438-2.jpg

Loved my boxing bag though, so much teenage frustration taken out on that silly blue bag.

Very interesting, indeed.

More interesting is trying to figure out why some of these meals were chose. Two Cokes, and onion and a packet of Extra? Six Cokes and a single cracker? What appears to be a single black olive?

I don't think I can ever put myself in the mindset that some of these people may be occupying but I cannot fathom what lead to these choices. Were they choices of fondness, statements, born from the effects of incarceration or something else entirely. I think that's the part that I find most interesting.

If I were in the position where I were asking them for their request I don't think I could help myself from asking the motivations and thoughts that shaped their decision.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So idle thumbs kick starter has begun and nearly at their goal too. I'm a little disappointed that its just podcast based. I guess I wanted anoter place like rps with a great sounding podcast to go with it. Maybe that's still possible, so far it's just all podcast based.

Now to figure out which posters I want hanging up, although there's no images floating around with what they actually are.

Adding in my reply before GAF fell apart last night.

If I were in the position where I were asking them for their request I don't think I could help myself from asking the motivations and thoughts that shaped their decision.

The dude with the olive wanted an olive tree to grow up out of his grave.

Everyone else I assume has some kind of emotional connection to what they asked for, whether it be the meal they ate after every kill they performed or what their grandmother gave them for lunch on a Sunday.

Also most people are on death row for YEARS so they have a lot of time to think about the last meal.

So idle thumbs kick starter has begun and nearly at their goal too. I'm a little disappointed that its just podcast based. I guess I wanted anoter place like rps with a great sounding podcast to go with it. Maybe that's still possible, so far it's just all podcast based.

Now to figure out which posters I want hanging up, although there's no images floating around with what they actually are.
It won't end up just being the podcast, especially if they end up with a lot more money than they expected. Idle Thumbs was originally a news site well before the original podcast (which was followed by the more popular lineup podcast) so unless Remo gets a part time job somewhere I can't see him not wanting to expand the setup and make use of the strong fanbase.

Jintor

I must be fucking insane. I was seriously considering springing $1000 for them for about half a second.

I'm actually really tempted to give them $200...

/edit And done. Man, the knowledge that you don't pay for it immediately drives me mad, it's like having a credit card specifically for charity. No more luxury purchases for this month I suppose. :T

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I actually thought all of them had left their jobs for journalism again and idle thumbs. Which is why I was sort of expecting a proper rps style site with podcasts etc.

Seems like Remo is the only one who actually left while the others still work at their usual jobs.

Should be interesting.

Jintor

I'm beginning to think the internet as a whole should have some kind of messagebox that pops up for everything you post that just goes "STOP! DO YOU REALLY WANT TO APPEAR LIKE AN IGNORANT TWAT BECAUSE YOU ONLY THOUGHT ABOUT THIS POST FOR LESS THAN 3 SECONDS?"

The Bioware-Writer and about half of the Idle Thumbs Kickstarter Threads are full of comments by people who can't fucking read.

Choc

Banned
im going to kickstart a vita bailout fund

also, i hear that EB is saying WRONG SHIT TO CUSTOMERS THAT WILL CAUSE US PAIN FUCK YOU EB

they rae telling customers games don't need the memory cards, when Uncharted for one DOES

it needs it to even START

FUCK

Top Bottom