• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Jintor

I have a question. My friend said there is a secret ending where Kenji's feminist conspiracy theories were right all along. I wasn't really convinced but he showed me a screen shot. Can you confirm the existence of this ending?

Rhythm heaven is great, or it would be if I had any sense of rhythm :p
Lies. Visual novels are particularly susceptible to photoshop.

Damn, I thought so. That would have been brilliant.

Literature - yes.

Classics - they could only afford the one tute, most of the time.

Sherlock: ZOE TELFORD <3<3<3<3<3

Sounds like the language department. Last semester Korean tute times were decided by a show of hands during the first lecture, since more people signed up than expected and they didnt have time to put it in the system :p

Omikron

Football.

Fucking West Ham. Supporting them is a seriously abusive relationship.

Currently 2-1 up away to Blackpool and got their keeper sent off, no backup keeper on the bench so playing an outfielder in goal. That said, he did play an u21 game for England in goal. Go figure.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I have to say, All the positive reviews and reactions to the vita is something I didn't expect, Considering the sales in Japan.

It's sorta made me want to get involved but then I just can't trust or enjoy handhelds, Especially on a day 1 purchase.

Maybe it will actually flop in terms of sales and in 6 months time when it has *some* sort of library to enjoy and it's dropped by 25%, I might import one and see if i actually can enjoy some handheld gaming.

I think the major issue for me is that it's just a console in handheld form, Which is nice if you want console experiences but i'm not sure if I want that on the go. It's a little too much? Something like that.

I do look forward to ausgaf's impressions along with vooks hatred of a device that doesn't have a nintendo label on it :D . Joking of course.

markot

Banned
I have to say, All the positive reviews and reactions to the vita is something I didn't expect, Considering the sales in Japan.

It's sorta made me want to get involved but then I just can't trust or enjoy handhelds, Especially on a day 1 purchase.

Maybe it will actually flop in terms of sales and in 6 months time when it has *some* sort of library to enjoy and it's dropped by 25%, I might import one and see if i actually can enjoy some handheld gaming.

I think the major issue for me is that it's just a console in handheld form, Which is nice if you want console experiences but i'm not sure if I want that on the go. It's a little too much? Something like that.

I do look forward to ausgaf's impressions along with vooks hatred of a device that doesn't have a nintendo label on it :D . Joking of course.
The psp had the same, and it failed like the Vita will, count on it I guaranteeeeeeee!

Choc

Banned
Sony has announced that PSP’s cumulative worldwide sales have reached a total of 70 million units as of April 27, 2011.

I don't think anyone in the world would be stupid enough to call 70 million install base a failure

Stackboy

SSX is on Live

now

Downloaded this last night, love it. The new controls feel great but also are a new challenge which is pretty welcome. The wind up for jumps is now on the analogue stick, with the new controls. Plus with the different button combinations there are so many more tricks, ubertricks, grind tricks and you can just press a button to do a short ubertrick, or tweak it with the RT to make it a crazy extended one.

Judging by the 2 tracks released in the demo (and the 2 tutorials), this is going to be something I play for a long time.

Playing on 360, if anyone else is keen.

Deeku

OneMoreQuestion OneMoreQuestion! Vita shipped! :D

I just checked my last delivery from amazon, it shipped on a wednesday and arrived in sydney saturday morning. Vita has shipped on a tuesday sooooooooooo friday arvo is a possibility! :O :D

Jintor

Internet is back but craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawling. Speedtest.net is saying from an average of 9 or 10 mb/s down to about .67mb/s... and apparently 0.03 mb/s upload speeds. Phones aren't back yet.

For fuck's sake.

Internet is back but craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawling. Speedtest.net is saying from an average of 9 or 10 mb/s down to about .67mb/s... and apparently 0.03 mb/s upload speeds. Phones aren't back yet.

For fuck's sake.
At least you have steam now. :(

Oh god i am not liking this getting up early thing. i'd better have a better sleep Schedule by next week so I can get to class on time. If anyone's out at UQ for market day ill be at the japan stall probably dressed up like a weeaboo (mostly against my will, though not entirely) and hopefully not asleep.

Choc

Banned
OneMoreQuestion OneMoreQuestion! Vita shipped! :D

I just checked my last delivery from amazon, it shipped on a wednesday and arrived in sydney saturday morning. Vita has shipped on a tuesday sooooooooooo friday arvo is a possibility! :O :D

you will get it friday afternoon

:)

edit: tons of third party Vita titles just got dumped on my desk to play wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

You can setup SickBeard to tweet? I need to get on that. Provided it's included and not some hacky thing you implemented with your leet coding skillz.
Nope, it's in-built. It tweets when it starts and when it's finished grabbing something. I created a private Twitter account that only I follow. I also use the same account for CouchPotato notifications.

I also have SickBeard and CouchPotato notify XBMC when something is downloaded (assuming my XBMC is on I get a notice at the top) and it updates my XBMC database.

Basically the process for me nowadays is:
- Notice something starts on Twitter
- Notice something finishes on Twitter
- Next time I check XBMC it's in the 'recently added' section so I just start playing it.

Doesn't work perfectly if you're grabbing a whole series of something (because there are a ton of notifications and it also gums up the 'recently added' stuff), and if I don't notice the complete notification I'll check that SABnzbd has not had any problems, so occasionally manual intervention is still needed. Usually though, it's the process above.

Shaneus

Nope, it's in-built. It tweets when it starts and when it's finished grabbing something. I created a private Twitter account that only I follow. I also use the same account for CouchPotato notifications.

I also have SickBeard and CouchPotato notify XBMC when something is downloaded (assuming my XBMC is on I get a notice at the top) and it updates my XBMC database.

- Next time I check XBMC it's in the 'recently added' section so I just start playing it.

Doesn't work perfectly if you're grabbing a whole series of something (because there are a ton of notifications and it also gums up the 'recently added' stuff), and if I don't notice the complete notification I'll check that SABnzbd has not had any problems, so occasionally manual intervention is still needed. Usually though, it's the process above.
Ah, good to know! But it still doesn't tell you when to start getting excited for a show like I did. I call that "The Shaneus Effect".

Ah, good to know! But it still doesn't tell you when to start getting excited for a show like I did. I call that "The Shaneus Effect".
It does have an 'upcoming episodes' section, and the pogdesign link lets you subscribe to any upcoming shows to see their schedules as well.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I have mine setup with notifo, Works a treat.

I also can't write capital B <-- Yes that thing, correctly. I always freeze after i do the straight line, like I need to think about what on earth happens next. And then they barely look like Bs half the time.

I really need to learn how to write correctly. It's god awful and barely readable by anyones standards.

Fredescu

Stephen Koukoulas @TheKouk

Betting on ALP leader at next election: Rudd now $1.70; Gillard $2.65; Crean $5.00, Smith $8.00, Shorten $11...

Stephen Koukoulas @TheKouk

Betting on Rudd sacking (includes resignation): Yes $6.00; no $1.10.

Jintor

It's been a good few days for announcements. Idle Thumbs returning, 999 Sequel confirmed for NA (though us PAL dudes are screwed without a Vita or PAL version), Persona 4 Arena is confirmed for localisation, and XSeed confirmed for Steam?

markot

Banned
Am I the only one disturbed by all this betting shit >_<?

Couldnt go 5 fucking minutes watching the tennis without an ad or an interruption from the freaking station about betting. Goddamn Foxtel was the worst >.>;

Wouldnt be surprised if Skynews started interruption news casts 'And betting for the current hostage crisis is at $5 for a safe conclusion and $6.50 for a shoot out leaving all women and children dead, Bet.com for all your betting needs!'

Rezbit

speaking of TV

is anyone else watching Revenge?

its really quite good

3MkRG.gif

Haven't they brought in legislation with the sports betting stuff? At least I remember them talking about banning it in the middle of a telecast so you wouldn't get, "Such and such is $1.50 for the win, bet now at Betfair!"

Choc

Banned
Am I the only one disturbed by all this betting shit >_<?

Couldnt go 5 fucking minutes watching the tennis without an ad or an interruption from the freaking station about betting.

Wouldnt be surprised if Skynews started interruption news casts 'And betting for the current hostage crisis is at $5 for a safe conclusion and $6.50 for a shoot out leaving all women and children dead, Bet.com for all your betting needs!'

its banned as of next year.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Sigh, so all my usb ports decide to not work.. how does one refresh a usb port? like return them to factory settings so all drivers and what not are wiped off? :(

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Sigh, so all my usb ports decide to not work.. how does one refresh a usb port? like return them to factory settings so all drivers and what not are wiped off? :(

wat? What did you do to whatever you're trying to get working?

USB ports tend to not have specific drivers. There's chipset drivers but you tend not to upgrade those.

If you need to rollback, you should be able to find USB port something or other in the device manager. You could try to roll back if the option is there or maybe uninstall then scan for hardware changes and hope it reinstalls something that works.

Little reason as to why all of your usb ports have stopped working. Maybe they are just all dead!

HolyCheck

wat? What did you do to whatever you're trying to get working?

USB ports tend to not have specific drivers. There's chipset drivers but you tend not to upgrade those.

If you need to rollback, you should be able to find USB port something or other in the device manager. You could try to roll back if the option is there or maybe uninstall then scan for hardware changes and hope it reinstalls something that works.

Little reason as to why all of your usb ports have stopped working. Maybe they are just all dead!

Oh theres just one device here in the office that seems to once it has been used in that USB port ruins the settings for any other devices... so basically I want them back to factory settings and I know to never use that one device.

Sigh, so all my usb ports decide to not work.
What do you mean by 'not work'? Like cookie says there's nothing really to break in a USB port, there's no firmware or anything. If you plug in a mouse, does the light on the bottom light up? If so, the port's probably fine.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Oh theres just one device here in the office that seems to once it has been used in that USB port ruins the settings for any other devices... so basically I want them back to factory settings and I know to never use that one device.

That's a little odd. It could be drawing too much power but it shouldn't shut everything off after it has been removed.

Doesn't restarting fix the problem? What's the device that causes the issues ?

I am so setting up a htpc with xbmc when I get broadband hooked up.

HolyCheck

What do you mean by 'not work'? Like cookie says there's nothing really to break in a USB port, there's no firmware or anything. If you plug in a mouse, does the light on the bottom light up? If so, the port's probably fine.

Nothing wrong with the USB port physically, works perfectly fine.

The device that screwed everything up was a USB speaker / mic set.

It just seems to change too many settings.. so when other USB devices are plugged in theyre just ... not working properly, settings are off in many programs and so on.

i just need defaults restored ;_;

Top Bottom