• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

hamchan

He should run in Queensland if he loves it so much. He'd fucken smash it.
I think he will. Don't see why he would quit politics if he loses, since he can just wait for Gillard's eventual defeat to Tony Abbott then challenge her again or whoever takes over from her to become leader of the party again.

Rahk

AusGAF Goodreads Group

For anyone who isn't aware, Goodreads is a great site to review/rate and keep track of books you are reading, books you want to read, books that others have read, and also gives you recommendations based on books you have rated.

You can also follow authors or other people, such as Jeff Green, to see what they are currently reading and enjoying.

Kritz

Banned
Szgad.jpg

We're playing Serious Sam 3 tonight. If you haven't already bought it, fuck you for not paying attention. I will probably put a live stream up.

Starting at 7:30-ish. Dunno who's hosting it. Will probably tone down enemy health and how overpowered we all are. Might start a few levels in because it's not like you're missing any plot, and the first 2-3 levels are rubbish.

If enough people care, we can do this again next week once everyone's had the chance to buy it and download it. Let me know if anyone wants this. Also, join AusGAF Chat. Why aren't you in AusGAF chat? On workdays my bot lets you be in AusGAF Chat even when you're in AusGAF IRC. Stop being a terrible person.

Dead Man

AusGAF Goodreads Group

For anyone who isn't aware, Goodreads is a great site to review/rate and keep track of books you are reading, books you want to read, books that others have read, and also gives you recommendations based on books you have rated.

You can also follow authors or other people, such as Jeff Green, to see what they are currently reading and enjoying.

Sounds good, will check it out

Kritz

Banned
Busy buying other stuff. Get off my back.

Well the amount of enthusiasm for SS3 seems pretty low, so I might consider delaying it until Thursday or something. Pick a night where people have nothing better to do, and give a chance for more people to take advantage of the sale.

Shaneus

Whats decode 1080 mean >.<? Just watching them?
Hardware decode 1080p, meaning it's able to palm off video decoding to the video card rather than the CPU, which 99% of the time is woefully underpowered for such tasks in notebooks under ~$500 or so.

Salazar

USPS parcel tracking said:
Shipment Activity Location Date & Time
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Attempted Delivery BRAZIL 11/23/10 2:48pm
Abroad

Customs clearance BRAZIL 11/17/10 10:24pm
processing complete

Customs Clearance BRAZIL 11/01/10 10:09am

Processed Through Sort BRAZIL 11/01/10 10:08am
Facility

Processed Through Sort FOREIGN CENTERJERSEY CITY NJ 099 10/27/10 6:50am
Facility

Arrived at Sort FOREIGN CENTERJERSEY CITY NJ 099 10/27/10 6:50am
Facility

Shipment Accepted LONG ISLAND CITY NY 11101 10/21/10 5:34pm

Electronic Shipping 10/20/10
Info Received

This for a jacket I ordered yesterday.

Hardware decode 1080p, meaning it's able to palm off video decoding to the video card rather than the CPU, which 99% of the time is woefully underpowered for such tasks in notebooks under ~$500 or so.

What's your budget and what are you going to use it for? Might be better off getting a Boxee for home and a tablet for train media consumption.

legend166

AusGAF Goodreads Group

I joined.

oipic

Looking through my Amazon page to refresh my memory of things I've read recently (to plonk into my Goodreads profile). Quite a trip down memory lane.

Just like with music, it's uncanny how times/places/memories of books stick with you; I read this book while excitedly en route to there, that one while waiting impatiently in this airport terminal, that one glumly beside Mum's hospital bed etc.

I should devote more time to reading. How does everyone find the time, with all this gaming and GAFing and whatnot? While on public transport, just before bed, lunch break, absolutely anytime you can?

My theory is that Rudd has more support than The Age gives off as in, some MPs just won't say it to the media being afraid of Julia's wraith. Therefore these 'Numbers' are somewhat full of people that the media assumes are with Gillard on the basis of their silence. In reality they should all fucking go in the Undecided column you journalistic hacks.
I agree, the mps are safer in sticking to the status quo, at least until Monday.

Also happy birthday dude. :D

Shaneus

What's your budget and what are you going to use it for? Might be better off getting a Boxee for home and a tablet for train media consumption.
Maybe I could line up a tablet... I really only used my notebook on the couch for browsing and looking at YT vids, sometimes movies as well, so there's no real point in me getting something like a Boxee. I already have a WDTV for that :)

https://www.mln.com.au/ you can get good laptops for 699ish that can decode you momma!
Cheers! But now I have the idea of a tablet implanted, I might be on the hunt for something in that range that can do that sorta stuff. I don't think my 4S was far off playing 1080p mkvs so maybe the iPad2 or even 3 could be contenders. HMMMMM.

Will have a peruse of that site though. And keep in mind I haven't called their support line yet, so I may very well be able to swing a replacement mobo/lappy, especially considering the freezing bios update thing is a frequent enough issue.

Anyone else going to Future Music in Brissy next week?
I'm going to the Melbourne one! Also doing the New Order and Aphex Twin sideshows.

oipic

I feel I'm too generous with my star ratings on Goodreads. Everything is either a 4 or a 5 star ><

Likewise. I often ditch a book a few chapters in if it hasn't grabbed me, though, so I guess all the 1-2 rated books don't make it far enough to warrant a rating in the first place.

Needs half-star ratings, though, I reckon.

Likewise. I often ditch a book a few chapters in if it hasn't grabbed me, though, so I guess all the 1-2 rated books don't make it far enough to warrant a rating in the first place.
Not after looking at the pages for books....
Lot of fuckwits on that site who whinge about the format of the book, no understanding of the writer they are going into, so they give it one star and say it is for retards.

Thankfully we can avoid them with AusGR!

Maybe I could line up a tablet... I really only used my notebook on the couch for browsing and looking at YT vids, sometimes movies as well, so there's no real point in me getting something like a Boxee. I already have a WDTV for that :)
Tablets are perfect for passive media consumption. Net books etc have their place, but for browsing and the like, they're brilliant. Almost never use my netbook since getting my TouchPad.

I'm going to the Melbourne one! Also doing the New Order and Aphex Twin sideshows.

Why not move your PC into your lounge room? Cut out the need for a laptop. I use my Galaxy S2 for youtube/gaf/browsing away from the PC. Hell, I streamed the entire Double Fine Kickstarter video today over the Optus 3G here in the country and it ran fine for the whole 30 minutes.

Also I wish I could go to Aphex Twin :(
Enter Shikari are in the country too and I won't be able to get to Melbourne for their show :(

Omikron

Tasmania are going to win now IMO, Bailey just smacked a six to move Tasmania within 7 with 9 balls to go.

Bailey 99 not and Ponting 74.

Tasmania 8)

Omikron

Wow, Faulkner fucked up for Tas, needing 2 off the last 3, 2 dot balls and 1 off the last. Ponting stuck at the other end.

Match tied btw, SA win due to being on top of the table.

Rezbit

Wow, Faulkner fucked up for Tas, needing 2 off the last 3, 2 dot balls and 1 off the last. Ponting stuck at the other end.

Match tied btw, SA win due to being on top of the table.

Big fuck up. Fuck up by Bailey too. Massive choke. Not to mention the tie rule is bullshit, and SA essentially cheated by taking 30 mins to bowl 2 overs.

Cricket season done for me now, footy time!

How much could I get for a barely used 6950 >.<?

Im thinking of just laptopping it up instead of getting a new desktop...
Seems a pretty popular card, bound to be someone in here interested. Otherwise put an ad up on gumtree and knock $50 off what you paid.

New Archer was awesome. "Don't judge me. FOOD."

Just watched Hugo. Movie is not the movie depicted in trailers. Instead, it's a love letter to early film making and, I suppose, film making in general.

Top Bottom