• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

From the depths of Hell, I presume.

I'm really not sure if you can get them over here. I don't think Customs allows entry to them for fear of becoming another plague level introduced species.

Yagharek

How the fuck can David Warner be taken seriously as a test opener when Ed Cowan is in top form and a far better player with far more experience?

Ydahs

I've only played an hour of Zelda, but it already feels like a wonderful game. The motion controls so far have been perfect.

...but the wrist is starting to hurt...

I guess people don't remember "doorbuster'" boxing day sales here. We are not immune.
That retail musings thread is great reading. There are some youtube videos and the funniest bit are the comments "Glad we don't have this sort of madness in the UK"

also- apparently 360 slims do not work with remote controls for the original XBox. Anyone know where you get reasonably-priced remotes for the Slim?

So my local Target is selling Final Fantasy XIII for $20. I was tempted to buy it to see what all the fuss was about and then I remembered what happened last time I started a console RPG.

Shaneus

Ladies and gentlemen (and Jase), for your Saturday afternoon entertainment, I (via another forum) proudly present: "Ladderman"

Enjoy :)

Also, today I'm pretty happy with my haul. Picked up my bevelled silver backplate for my 4S from the post office, bought $300 of iTunes cards for $200 and a 1.5tb 2.5" USB drive for $119. Quite chuffed.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
[16:02] <hero> really, post on gaf asking for a win 7 .iso
[16:02] <hero> on ausgaf specifically
[16:03] <hero> well more specifically
[16:03] <hero> ask for a windows 7 install
[16:03] <hero> that you can boot from
[16:03] <hero> you can boot off .isos IIRC
[16:03] <hero> but maybe not
[16:03] <hero> you just want a windows installer that you can boot off

who wants to help me!

Yagharek

Cricket Australia confirms the best way to make the test team is to slog it out in fake cricket. Good shield players need not apply. Shaun Tait to open the bowling with Mitchell Johnson next series. Not a single lbw will be given.

legend166

He is still too impatient for tests. Cowan can bat out a day, Warner a session if he is lucky.

Warner: averaging 79 balls/innings.

Cowan: averaging 75 balls/innings.

Look, I'm not huge Warner fan, but you're acting like Cowan is like Mike Hussey when he was picked originally or something. Cowan has a career first class average of 38.

I just had a look at the named team. Could be an interesting first test.

Well at least its at the Gabba, tough for visiting teams to get a win there.

I think I'm going to go for a day, I haven't been to a test for ages, I think since like 06 actually. Fuck. That was a long time ago. It was a great game actually, McGrath got his last ever 5 wicket haul and a guy sitting near me got ejected after he called Kevin Pietersen gay.

So I'm at my Mum's house "fixing" her computer by uninstalling all the random crappy toolbars, screensavers and junk it's collected over the last few years. It's like scraping barnacles off the hull of a ship, but more baffling.

Anyone got any recommendations on how to clear out her registry?

Yagharek

Warner: averaging 79 balls/innings.

Cowan: averaging 75 balls/innings.

Look, I'm not huge Warner fan, but you're acting like Cowan is like Mike Hussey when he was picked originally or something. Cowan has a career first class average of 38.

Warner has barely played a full first class season, that's why his average is higher. Stop cherry picking stats to suit. Cowan is the better batsman, and in better form to boot.

Yoshiya

So I'm at my Mum's house "fixing" her computer by uninstalling all the random crappy toolbars, screensavers and junk it's collected over the last few years. It's like scraping barnacles off the hull of a ship, but more baffling.

Backup and reinstall. It's the only way.

markot

Banned
[16:02] <hero> really, post on gaf asking for a win 7 .iso
[16:02] <hero> on ausgaf specifically
[16:03] <hero> well more specifically
[16:03] <hero> ask for a windows 7 install
[16:03] <hero> that you can boot from
[16:03] <hero> you can boot off .isos IIRC
[16:03] <hero> but maybe not
[16:03] <hero> you just want a windows installer that you can boot off

who wants to help me!

http://www.mydigitallife.info/downl...cial-32-bit-and-64-bit-direct-download-links/

I was with the guy until he started cutting himself :/

I think he was trying to show that the politicians were bleeding the common man or something..

kinda puny knife..... thought a Sikh in India would be able to go hogwild and pull out a proper blade.

Sikhs are allowed to carry a small knife, it's part of their religion.

The slap was awesome, that bastard deserved it...he was the former president of the BCCI (board of control for cricket india) and is one of the most corrupt men in indian politics.

Protip: chance the chrome shortcut image with that of IE7. They'll never know the difference.

5/5

commissar

From tw sounds of it a reinstall is best but if that's not really an option, ccleaner is a great little tool. Fixes up unused registry links etc. Get it from piriform.com as I recall.
They also made a tool called defraggler which will defrag a LOT faster than the windows one :]

markot

Banned
Those stupid Kellogs thingys?

the name of a popular treat, akin to Rice Krispies Treats, especially in Australia and New Zealand. ("LCM" does not stand for anything in this case.)

WIK I PAE DIA!

legend166

Warner has barely played a full first class season, that's why his average is higher. Stop cherry picking stats to suit. Cowan is the better batsman, and in better form to boot.

How am I cherry picking his stats? That's all his got. I'm literally talking about all his stats. You said he could barely last a session and Cowan could last a day. There's nothing to back that up.

Like I said, I'm not a huge Warner fan. But I don't think he's a terrible choice ahead of Cowan. Cowan really hasn't done much across his career. Last season in the Shield he averaged 34. You'd be picking him off his last two first class matches. Don't see how that's better than picking Warner off 10 first class matches.

You're just making crap up to suit your argument (Warner is a hot head who can't last long) even though everything in his admittedly short first class career proves the opposite. It just screams ignorance.

Top Bottom