• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Ydahs

So, are we going to setup an AusGAF Mario Kart Community?

How many people gonna get the game next... Saturday (doesn't sound right)?

Speaking of lack of conviction, I have recanted all of mine to join the master race. Well, in my mind I phrased it as "lowered myself to join the master race" but that's really an internal monologue that I didn't need to air.

Anyway, my master race status is limited by my two main factors. The first is that in this digital download future, which currently exists in parallel with my 5 years ago internet present, the games that I'm going to/have been buying on steam are small (under 400mg) indie games. I don't see this as much of a limitation because that sort of suits what my gaming life lacks right now.

The second factor is that my PC is a couple of years old and I'm not sure that - even if I were to take the 6 months to download a 4gig game - it would look that spectacular. It's something that I might think about at some point in the future, once the NBN comes to my suburb and larger,my graphically advance games become a reality for me. Like I said, the games that I'm limited to really aren't going to push any hardware.

Anyway, it's been fun. It's nice to play a game that exists because someone had an idea that they wanted to see to fruition, instead of the usual big-business-focus-tested-dollar-optimised games that litter the market.

Anyone have a must-have indie game that I should take a look at?

Jintor

I have a large list of minor ones you should glance at. Nothing major (aside from Minecraft) really stick out at me.

If Zeno Clash goes on re-sale again tommorrow, do pick it up, there's a good chap.

Shaneus

I give it ten minutes tops before everyone realises it should have remained in the distant past like hey hey its casual racism day.
How long did you give Hey Hey?
Just looked up this It's a Knockout thing. Seems Charli Robinson is amongst the hosts? Guess I'll be giving it a look.
Same. Although it's now almost 9pm so there's a fair chance I missed my shot.
Limbo's apparently awesome. It's also on sale today for $2.50, but only a few hours before it gets jacked back up to $10. Schnell! Schnell!

And if you haven't, hit up Feep in that thread of his for Sequence. It's an awesome game.

Clipper

So, are we going to setup an AusGAF Mario Kart Community?

How many people gonna get the game next... Saturday (doesn't sound right)?
I'm in. Although mine won't arrive until the 8th or 9th, so I guess the rest of you will get a head start...

Omikron

Managed a good session of skyrim this weekend. Game is fantastic. Just feels so huge.

Some if the best bids so far have been exploring a cavern to find it was a vampire coven. And exploring a cafe to be rewarded with s maitre quest at the end. That sort of stuff I find really satisfying.

Rezbit

Managed a good session of skyrim this weekend. Game is fantastic. Just feels so huge.

Some if the best bids so far have been exploring a cavern to find it was a vampire coven. And exploring a cafe to be rewarded with s maitre quest at the end. That sort of stuff I find really satisfying.

Wat.

Deeku

I'm jumping into Skyrim once I'm done with Zelda. Hope they fix those PS3 issues by then because I gots no wheres else to play it on:/

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag

I too fid is satisfying

Gazunta

I spent the last two days in Bankstown.

Bankstown is weird.

In other news, I have an unopened copy of Saints Row 3 and all that lies between it and me are the creation of two comics. LET'S DO THIS.

Kritz

Banned

iOS?

Choc

Banned
That's right choc, test cricket needs more batsmen who can't hold onto their wicket. Next you'll be arguing for bowlers who can't hold a decent line and length. A fan of Shaun tait I bet?

i'd rather someone that smacks 100 off 70 balls then 100 off 700

sometimes you need fast runs in a test and nothing like a batsman belting a bowler around to put the pressure on the fielding team

yes its not always best, but warner is on par if not better with Cowan based on his statistics.

Selectors also look at attitude. Warner has gone frmo being a T20 smash at it, to someone who can play multiple forms of the game well and worked bloody hard to do it

sometimes they just decide to reward that. Warner is also a lot more marketable for CA than Cowan (and guess what, no matter what they say, that counts)

Bankstown is weird.

In other news, I have an unopened copy of Saints Row 3 and all that lies between it and me are the creation of two comics. LET'S DO THIS.

You'll need to find a game made in 2011 that allows you to jump off a building. As luck would have it, the best 2011 game with jumping off buildings is Zelda:SS.

Choc

Banned

Bankstown is weird.

when you start playing Saints Row 3 it will remind you of Bankstown

Yagharek

How long did you give Hey Hey?

As long as I gave Skyrim, Assassins Creed 2 onward, Battlefield 3, Gran Turismo 5, World of Warcraft, the Saints Row series and Fifa 2012 combined.

btw anyone who likes the nostalgia of knockout or the modern day show wipeout should watch the superior ultimate banzuki (sp?) on sbs2/3/4 on sunday nights. It's actually funny, and japanese tv of that sort has a strong appreciation of the absurd.

i'd rather someone that smacks 100 off 70 balls then 100 off 700

sometimes you need fast runs in a test and nothing like a batsman belting a bowler around to put the pressure on the fielding team

Well that settles it then. If Australia wants another opener only capable of getting 50-70 runs, Warner is your man. Never mind selecting someone with the patience and skill to survive aggressive opening bowlers, and the pressure of a high run chase. Australia needs batsmen who can chase down big totals (or at least set them), something that hasnt happened since the 5-0 Ashes series when all the retirements followed.

Look at their recent bastmen: clarke, haddin, ponting, hussey, hughes, watson etc have done sweet fuck all for 3 years. The odd decent innings have been a rarity. So yeah, another batsman capable of doing "a little bit" like warner will make negligible difference.

In reality, they need batsmen who have a bit of cunt about them, who can grind out an innings along the lines of Steve Waugh. There are way too many batsmen with that potential and temperament who have been looked over either due to bad selectors or a bad relationship with selectors, and Cowan seems to be heading down the same shitty path.

Dead Man

You'll need to find a game made in 2011 that allows you to jump off a building. As luck would have it, the best 2011 game with jumping off buildings is Zelda:SS.

That's a funny way to misspell Saints Row.

As long as I gave Skyrim, Assassins Creed 2 onward, Battlefield 3, Gran Turismo 5, World of Warcraft, the Saints Row series and Fifa 2012 combined.

btw anyone who likes the nostalgia of knockout or the modern day show wipeout should watch the superior ultimate banzuki (sp?) on sbs2/3/4 on sunday nights. It's actually funny, and japanese tv of that sort has a strong appreciation of the absurd.

Not to mention it is preceded by Ninja Warrior, more Japanese weirdness.

legend166

Well that settles it then. If Australia wants another opener only capable of getting 50-70 runs, Warner is your man. Never mind selecting someone with the patience and skill to survive aggressive opening bowlers, and the pressure of a high run chase. Australia needs batsmen who can chase down big totals (or at least set them), something that hasnt happened since the 5-0 Ashes series when all the retirements followed.

Look at their recent bastmen: clarke, haddin, ponting, hussey, hughes, watson etc have done sweet fuck all for 3 years. The odd decent innings have been a rarity. So yeah, another batsman capable of doing "a little bit" like warner will make negligible difference.

HOLY CRAP WHAT PART OF HE'S AVERAGING 59 IN FIRST CLASS CRICKET DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND? WHAT PART OF ED COWAN AVERAGING 38 IN FIRST CLASS CRICKET DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND.

WHY ARE YOU JUST MAKING THINGS UP?

Yagharek

HOLY CRAP WHAT PART OF HE'S AVERAGING 59 IN FIRST CLASS CRICKET DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND? WHAT PART OF ED COWAN AVERAGING 38 IN FIRST CLASS CRICKET DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND.

So experience counts for nothing? Warner has played 11 matches. Compared to 54.

What part of simple stats dont you understand? Of course someone who has just started out is going to have a higher average. In 2 or 3 seasons it will be back to mediocre land.

David Warner:
First-class
M11
Inns17
NO 1
Runs 960
HS 211
Avg 60.00
SR 70.84

Ed Cowan:
First-class
M 54
Inns 97
NO 6
Runs 3468
HS 225
Avg 38.10
SR 46.26

stick to fake cricket, legend. You clearly like everything decided in a blink of an eye.

Jintor

By far my favourite aspect of Skyrim is just wandering the roads, the exploration aspect of the game. This has been a constant with every Elder Scrolls/Gamebryo game so far but Skyrim really ramps it up to a crazy new hand-crafted extreme.

Choc

Banned
So experience counts for nothing? Warner has played 11 matches. Compared to 54.

What part of simple stats dont you understand? Of course someone who has just started out is going to have a higher average. In 2 or 3 seasons it will be back to mediocre land.

David Warner:
First-class
M11
Inns17
NO 1
Runs 960
HS 211
Avg 60.00
SR 70.84

Ed Cowan:
First-class
M 54
Inns 97
NO 6
Runs 3468
HS 225
Avg 38.10
SR 46.26

stick to fake cricket, legend. You clearly like everything decided in a blink of an eye.

whilst not denying those numbers, waiting for people to turn 30 until they got into the test team is what got us in this fucking mess. If we still went like that they would never have found Cummins

Yagharek

whilst not denying those numbers, waiting for people to turn 30 until they got into the test team is what got us in this fucking mess. If we still went like that they would never have found Cummins

Ignoring top quality experienced players like Brad Hodge has done more damage imo. Almost as much damage as going for egotistical narcissist wankers as captain.

Got back into the story missions of SR3 after I couldn't get a damn vehicle theft mission to work (which was poorly explained to be a set up vehicle) and had a fantastic time. Note to everyone. Buy the Cash For Respect upgrades as soon as possible! Running around now with my dual explosive ammo pistols now with no reload necessary! So much fun. Just unlocked the VTOL homie and just kicking it around the skies. Homie Tank makes any ground based assault a piece of cake.

Batman. Dense. Very dense. DX11 doesn't work. Well, it works, but it kills the framerate. No point when DX9 with everything on high is rock solid (aside from the glide problem). Also the combat suggests that I can't spam attack like in AA and will need to find a damn battery pack for the 360 controllers as I am struggling with the keyboard controls. I have 6 controllers and only one friggin battery pack to put my new Eneloops in! Also (touching wood (hehe)) still no GFWL issues.

Ankh-Morpork adventure game/rpg combining Discworld Noir, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, and... uh... Skyrim?

*throws random games into the mix*

I'd really like to see an RPG that is based in a single, huge-ass sprawling city with massive crowds kind of like Brotherhood... and I really like Ankh-Morpork...

I hope you played Discworld Noir.

Just ask in the Steam thread and grab anything under $5. I loved Beat Hazard.

Didn't like Limbo or Braid. Were like the kind of flash games you always saw on Newgrounds years ago.

Check out the daily sale on Steam and I will try and remember to post in here if something great comes up.

That's a funny way to misspell Saints Row.
Indeed. You will love it Gaz. DAT VTOL.

Crickets fucking boring anyway
NO YOU ARE

Also Brad Hodge was a douche. Good cricketer though.

Kritz

Banned
I would also like to recommend the more expensive, but to my taste, way better G700 for $75.

http://www.logitechshop.com.au/wireless-gaming-mouse-g700.html

It's wireless, but you can use it wired as well. Best mouse I've ever used, and I find it more comfortable than Logitech's ambidextrous mice range.

It also has hella buttons that no game actually supports.

It is a shame I just spent $150 on that mechanical keyboard. Even though logitech don't do mechanical, they have some great things on their site for ~$60.

Dead Man

I would also like to recommend the more expensive, but to my taste, way better G700 for $75.

http://www.logitechshop.com.au/wireless-gaming-mouse-g700.html

It's wireless, but you can use it wired as well. Best mouse I've ever used, and I find it more comfortable than Logitech's ambidextrous mice range.

It also has hella buttons that no game actually supports.

It is a shame I just spent $150 on that mechanical keyboard. Even though logitech don't do mechanical, they have some great things on their site for ~$60.

That is sexy. I think I just found my next mouse.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Cancelled my Vita Import. Will probably just buy from Amazon in February when money isn't as tight.

Shaneus

Mark motherfucking Webber. 'Bout time.

636175-mark-webber-brazil.jpg

Skyrim is still 3rd on the best seller list without any discounts during a massive Steam sale. PC gaming is dead, long live PC gaming.

Anyone used the G510? Only $69 so I am wondering whether to pick it up or keep looking for a mechanical board.

Also the headphones I use and love are $129 at the moment.

PC GAMES! Rage for $33, Sonic Generations for $22 and Space Marine for $22

Omikron

And this is why you need to reread posts using swype.

Christ.

Here is an amusing and scary link to take your mind off my failures theantibogan.wordpress.com/2011/11/27/pauline-hansons-friend-prays-to-jesus-for-asylum-seeker-deaths/

Rahk

Skyrim is still 3rd on the best seller list without any discounts during a massive Steam sale. PC gaming is dead, long live PC gaming.

Anyone used the G510? Only $69 so I am wondering whether to pick it up or keep looking for a mechanical board.
After using a mechnical keyboard I can't go back to using a dome. Even one with fancy features.

Choc

Banned
Webber has to choose the fucking race that no one in Australia can pretty much watch doesn't he

fuck :p

17 seconds as well!

also Gary Speed hung himself, :|

giri

Because warners crap and there's better talent out there.

But thats ok, he's from NSW, just throw him in the team anyway, right? right? Awesome.

Top Bottom