• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

midonnay

Get a cricket sticky created, guys.

Occupy Ausgaf!!!

I remember heckling Michael Kasprowitcz when he was playing against WA a few years back....

he dropped a catch in the outfield and me and my mate burst out laughing....

I swear he looked like he wanted to jump the fence and kill us >_>

good times.

legend166

So since Shield finals are now the arbiter of whether someone makes the Test side or not, here are Phil Hughes Shield Final stats!

2 matches, 4 innings, 2 hundreds, average of 88.

Gun.

Fredescu

I don't think Warner is a guaranteed success. In fact, I'd be pretty surprised if he turned into a regular test opener. Cowan is a pretty terrible alternative though.

Gazunta

I like the bit in Criket where someone goes out for a duck and then there is a cartoon duck on the screen.

I haven't watched cricket since I was 4

Deeku

You guys sure know a lot about cricket!

I'm still living in the Hayden/Langer period of cricket, barely have any idea who the new players are. But I'll admit I am a bit excited about the test starting Thursday. Will tune in to watch with volume off and abc grandstand on. Who cares about the 2 second delay!

giri

Warner shows more technique than what you are giving him credit for and certainly ALOT more than Hughes.

Cowan, while decent, isn't quite up to test standard imo, rather have him playing for Tasmania :p
Hughes is also terrible.

I don't think Warner is a guaranteed success. In fact, I'd be pretty surprised if he turned into a regular test opener. Cowan is a pretty terrible alternative though.

I'd rather see rogers get it. They're both only short term stop gap solutions, not long term answers. Watson will be back in this lineup as the opener when he's fit and good to go. But rogers has years of experience to fall back upon.

If warner wants to push for a middle order selection (where he's probably much more suited to in test cricket) then he should go back and make a few thousand runs in shield cricket.

What we don't need to do is keep sending in flawed batsmen "because they're young".

legend166

Exactly. I'm not even a huge Warner fan but nothing Vince is saying has any grounding in reality.

Omikron

Crickets?

FfqgX.png

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Occupy Ausgaf!!!

I remember heckling Michael Kasprowitcz when he was playing against WA a few years back....

he dropped a catch in the outfield and me and my mate burst out laughing....

I swear he looked like he wanted to jump the fence and kill us >_>

good times.

I used to use kasprowitcz all the time in some playstation cricket game! he was my fave <3

also legend.. my account just went into the negative ;_;. Pay couldn't come soon enough

So i am going Sailing/Windsurfing and Camping on a lake this weekend.
- Tips? (have only done camping)
- Can anyone recommend a good place to buy a hammock and/or sleepingbag (preff brisbane)

Choc

Banned
Welp, guess I'll have to break one of your legs.

lets say uncharted 3 is in lieu of checks $5

ok

good

ohhhhhhhhhhhh America

Dying shopper 'ignored' as Americans splash the cash on Black Friday
JAMES ROBERTSON 10:27am | A man died on the floor of a department store during the US's busiest shopping day - and other shoppers reportedly ignored him.

A woman at a Los Angeles Walmart pepper-sprayed other shoppers to beat them to marked-down Xbox consoles, the Los Angeles Times reported. Twenty people were injured.

Police are deciding whether to lay charges against the woman, described only as being in her mid-30s.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/dying-s...lack-friday-20111128-1o200.html#ixzz1eyLUfDgX

um what? of course you fucking charge her

A 54-year-old grandfather in Arizona was thrown face-first to the ground by police
after they allegedly saw him put two computer games under his shirt. Some witnesses say the man put the games into the waistband of his pants so that he could free his hands and lift his grandson above a stampeding crowd.

What is the point of having the big plans if you can't download stuff then?

Isn't it bad business to make your customers not want to pay to get the bigger plans?

At least that's what I always thought the Big ISP's status was on the Copyright issue?

Either way... It's going to be interesting to see how it plays out.

giri

lets say uncharted 3 is in lieu of checks $5

ok

good

ohhhhhhhhhhhh America

Dying shopper 'ignored' as Americans splash the cash on Black Friday
JAMES ROBERTSON 10:27am | A man died on the floor of a department store during the US's busiest shopping day - and other shoppers reportedly ignored him.

A woman at a Los Angeles Walmart pepper-sprayed other shoppers to beat them to marked-down Xbox consoles, the Los Angeles Times reported. Twenty people were injured.

Police are deciding whether to lay charges against the woman, described only as being in her mid-30s.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/dying-s...lack-friday-20111128-1o200.html#ixzz1eyLUfDgX

um what? of course you fucking charge her

A 54-year-old grandfather in Arizona was thrown face-first to the ground by police
after they allegedly saw him put two computer games under his shirt. Some witnesses say the man put the games into the waistband of his pants so that he could free his hands and lift his grandson above a stampeding crowd.

Thats unsurprising about Arizona, the cops there are pretty full retard.

Choc

Banned
What is the point of having the big plans if you can't download stuff then?

Isn't it bad business to make your customers not want to pay to get the bigger plans?

At least that's what I always thought the Big ISP's status was on the Copyright issue?

Either way... It's going to be interesting to see how it plays out.

1. Steam

2. Itunes

3. Bigpond/QuickFlix movies

there is a lot of ways to use a lot of data without breaking the law

giri

- Can anyone recommend a good place to buy a hammock and/or sleepingbag (preff brisbane)

BCF stores sell that stuff, there's also a few camping stores down at capalaba. But even Big W sell sleeping bags etc.

And in the city there are a few hiking / camping related stores.

Dunno about north side.

HolyCheck

1. Steam

2. Itunes

3. Bigpond/QuickFlix movies

there is a lot of ways to use a lot of data without breaking the law

Steam is unmetered mostly for internode >_>

I have 100gb of music, ripped off of my albums. there's no way in hell people are downloading that much a month.

I saw the quickflix line up the other day after deathjr became a member...no. lol

Choc

Banned
Steam is unmetered mostly for internode >_>

I have 100gb of music, ripped off of my albums. there's no way in hell people are downloading that much a month.

I saw the quickflix line up the other day after deathjr became a member...no. lol

Foxtel 360

BCF stores sell that stuff, there's also a few camping stores down at capalaba. But even Big W sell sleeping bags etc.

And in the city there are a few hiking / camping related stores.

Dunno about north side.

Thanks Giri, yea i think i will order a hammock online unless i find better in store.
Going to have a look around tomorrow lunch, i googled about 3 good places that are close

Rezbit

Hank Scorpio: Hammocks? My goodness, what an idea. Why didn't I think of that? Hammocks! Homer, there's four places. There's the Hammock Hut, that's on third.
Homer: Uh-huh.
Hank Scorpio: There's Hammocks-R-Us, that's on third too. You got Put-Your-Butt-There.
Homer: Mm-Hmm.
Hank Scorpio: That's on third. Swing Low, Sweet Chariot... Matter of fact, they're all in the same complex; it's the hammock complex on third.
Homer: Oh, the hammock district!
Hank Scorpio: That's right.

Gazunta

3 comics to do tonight and I've written none of them. Totally gonna take Jintor's advice and make that Starcraft joke into a comic. That just leaves Presidog and White Teenagers With problems. Aaaaaaagh dear Gazunta from 3 years ago - your idea to do this daily is stupid.

Gazunta

Just don't go all piro on us and update your webcomic once a month.
...and still whine about how I don't have enough time to make a comic. :p

God, I haven't read that thing in like 5 years. Is he still at it? Has he learned about inking yet?

giri

...and still whine about how I don't have enough time to make a comic. :p

God, I haven't read that thing in like 5 years. Is he still at it? Has he learned about inking yet?

Yes
Yes

He still goes at it, and he was going ok for a while, but his wife came down with some cancer, after the birth of their kid, and she was in hospital / out of action for about 6 months. The last 9 months he's been updating once or twice a fortnight.

I like the comic (not gunna lie, i preferred it when largo was still around), but it's now at the point where i only go there when my rss ticks over. It's not a regular browse.

Jintor

Wow, I probably owe myself/Piro a Megatokyo binge someday.

You know the skin I would really like to give Rocksteady money for in Arkham City? Bruce Wayne skin for the entire game. Just gliding for no good reason. Would be awesome.

I'd also appreciate it if the game stopped crashing after two-hour play sessions.

Gazunta

Wow, that's terrible news about Sarah (I think her name was Sarah? It's been a long time) - she was a big part in MegaTokyo becoming the business success it is. The comic isn't my can of Sars but they've done a bloody good job of making a living out of it. It's definitely something to aspire to.

HolyCheck

Damn all this.

I used to read megatokyo a fairbit, stopped yeaaars ago.

My big addiction was ctrl alt del. That was soo addictive ;_;. Probably because a friend was also really into it, so it was nice to have some one to chat about it with

Cohsae

My big addiction was ctrl alt del. That was soo addictive ;_;. Probably because a friend was also really into it, so it was nice to have some one to chat about it with

It's good that you can admit this. You don't have to be ashamed, we've all done things we aren't proud of.

Dead Man

Damn all this.

My feelings towards you will not change, in spite of this revelation of unbridled bad taste.

giri

Damn all this.

Cad is still great :)

Jintor

It's a supportive environment here.

I actually like going back through Penny-Arcade's archives, they're still pretty funny. Megatokyo less so, but it always was more of a shojo manga than anything else. I can't believe at one point in time I actually liked VGCats.

In the less webcomic centred world, it was a big relief to find that Tintin, Asterix and (especially) Calvin and Hobbes get better the older you get, and a big disappointment to find that The Far Side and Dilbert get worse (The Far Side holds up alright actually, but looking back on it, Dilbert is really not fantastic).

Agyar

I actually like going back through Penny-Arcade's archives, they're still pretty funny. Megatokyo less so, but it always was more of a shojo manga than anything else. I can't believe at one point in time I actually liked VGCats.

In the less webcomic centred world, it was a big relief to find that Tintin, Asterix and (especially) Calvin and Hobbes get better the older you get, and a big disappointment to find that The Far Side and Dilbert get worse (The Far Side holds up alright actually, but looking back on it, Dilbert is really not fantastic).

I still find Dilbert fairly funny. Maybe it helps when you work/have worked in places that are depressingly close to the one depicted in the comic.

Dilbert stops being funny once you actually get into the engineering industry and realise that at some point, it crosses the line from satire to being a documentary of your life.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Damn all this.

Ew

giri

i still read all of them, CAD, PA, MT. Them and funnywebcomic are the only ones i read anymore.

Is there any others worth reading?

Wow, that's terrible news about Sarah (I think her name was Sarah? It's been a long time) - she was a big part in MegaTokyo becoming the business success it is. The comic isn't my can of Sars but they've done a bloody good job of making a living out of it. It's definitely something to aspire to.

Yeah, sarah was her real nam, comic name is seraphim. And apparently thats what hurt them the most in continuing the business side. She used to run the whole back ground show. Shipping and taking orders

Shaneus

Jesus fuck you guys are boring. Talk about something interesting! ENTERTAIN ME!

So anyway, I was totes eyeballing that G510 and then someone here posted about that ubermouse as well. Now I think I have to buy them both. WELL, FUCK YOU THEN, WALLET.

Red pepper and sour cream Kettle chips are pretty nice, too. Addictive as fuck, though.

Also, looking up *good* in-ear headphones that have iPhone controls is a complete timesink. They might be good, but they might be fucking expensive. Or, they might be good value for money, but they might be uncomfortable. Or, they might be comfortable, but they might not be able to be shipped to your country. ARGH.

Anyway, rant/bitch/brainspew over.

Oh yeah, they'll capture packets of a number of users, in hopes they can reconstruct something at the end and hope that it's something pirated. ISPs sure don't have anything better to do.
If they do capture packets, is there anything they can do if they were transmitted over/via (or whatever the correct terminology is) SSL?
I've seen marriages break up and careers go down the tubes because of World of Fucking Warcraft.
I'm single and have no interest in WoW. Make me a Viva Pinata MMO where you either play as the gardener OR as an actual pinata. I don't care.

Just hook it up to my veins.

Edit: Aaand, last post on the page. Fuck you, world.

Top Bottom