• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I HAVE MARIO KART

ALSO TODAY SUCKED ASS

markot

Banned
For some reason I find this pic hard to believe >.<

Wrinkles-v1-728x90.gif

Salazar

Any perving involved this time?

No. Just some crazy bitch leaning into me. It may have been about one-tenth sexual. She was hammered. I got my shit together and escaped.

Train ride in the morning was good though. Some Islander kids singing and playing guitar. So ridiculously talented.

Rahk

I'm going to say no. The shadow depth on the toad doesn't look right. The shadow on the ground doesn't seem consistent and it generally looks a bit off. Sauce?
Hardly appears to be any shadow at all. Holding it at that angle there should be shadow on his leg or ground.

It also totally looks fake at full size. Edges of the front legs.

GA or bust for me at concerts

I had GA tickets in my cart but Ticketek was so slow it timed out before I could buy them. The wife got the only tickets left. I think the wind was blowing the sound around. Couldn't even tell they were playing Stacked Actors until halfway through the first chorus and couldn't hear what Grohl was saying in the interludes. Never had that problem when stuck in crap seats in an enclosed arena like Vodafone Arena or whatever it's called nowadays. Really disappointed with the whole thing.

Ydahs

Walked all the way to Kmart for Mario Kart 7.

Lady tries to sell me Mario Kart DS for $54. I told her I wanted Mario Kart 7 and showed her the display box so she doesn't get confused. She goes on to tell me they have the cartridges in stock, but not the cases so therefore they can't sell it to me...

Off to Big W.

markot

Banned

Lady tries to sell me Mario Kart DS for $54. I told her I wanted Mario Kart 7 and showed her the display box so she doesn't get confused. She goes on to tell me they have the cartridges in stock, but not the cases so therefore they can't sell it to me...

Off to Big W.
Is it me or are K Marts often the most retarded when it comes to games >.<?

Not to mention trying to find some staff in the area most of the time >.>...

But anyway, wtf is black milk? PUT IT IN THE FRIDGE CURMUDGEON!

I have never worked out why (mainly) K mart seems to mainly stick middle-aged women in the entertainment section where they have to sell and field questions about games, dvd's and blurays, cameras, gadgets and phones.

I tend to have better luck MOST of the time in Big W. That said, the young dude who couldn't get me Uncharted 3 on launch day was an idiot.
After playing the game, I think he was he was trying to do me a favour

Off to Big W.

Dick Smith only had the pre-order boxes too. Saturday launches are great Nintendo!

Rezbit

WELCOME TO MARIO KART!

Walked in to local Big W, dodged crowds, purchased, now playing while watching cricket. Aw yeah.

markot

Banned
Hmm.

Some checkout chick dude at woolies got chatty and told me how much better Elder Scrolls is than Zelda >.<

And he put my tomatoes at the bottom of the bag!

midonnay

wasn't there some game swapsy thing going on in the background on Ausgaf? Maybe donate to the community.

My 360 is in WA so kinda pointless for me

Deeku

Why would a checkout chick dude talk to you about Zelda?! Were you wearing a Zelda shirt? The conversation I have is usually:

"Hi"
"Hi"
"Do you have fly buys?"
"No"

Rezbit

I really like the look of MK7. It's clean and neat and smooth.

Damn 50cc is slow though, need to get those cups out of the way ASAP!

mandiller

I've started an ausgaf community group in Mario Kart (hopefully no one has made one yet). So join up. The code is : 61-6843-2038-6833

the group friend code starts with our country phone code 61!

Ydahs

Game was sold out at Big W, though I found it at Target (once again, was shown Mario Kart DS first).

All 50cc cups done, might try some online now.

remz

Awesome. We need more of these people.

When I worked retail I used to get the weirdest looks whenever I tried making conversation about stuff like games, as if people couldn't process the person behind the register was talking to them about something other than EFTPOS

Kritz

Banned
I had someone at my woolies a week ago comment on my portal 2 shirt, and we had a quick convo about it and skyrim.

Since when do real life people have common interests with me? Shouldn't they be talking about sports or the news or politics or the economy or other passive bullshit?

Jintor

Some goon at JB sold us a TV they didn't have in stock, then suggested we drive up to Chatswood to collect it :T

Not knowingly, admittedly, but still

Fogz

I had someone at my woolies a week ago comment on my portal 2 shirt, and we had a quick convo about it and skyrim.

Since when do real life people have common interests with me? Shouldn't they be talking about sports or the news or politics or the economy or other passive bullshit?

I normally just get asked if I've been busy. Or if its going to rain.

Choc

Banned
I had some poms ask me if i was from England as i had a sunderland shirt on :)

also

kart get

and

also

Mitchell Starc can bat better than most of our actual batsmen

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
When I worked retail I used to get the weirdest looks whenever I tried making conversation about stuff like games, as if people couldn't process the person behind the register was talking to them about something other than EFTPOS

One of the pros of working in JB is that you can actually have decent conversations with people a lot of the time. Especially when people are trading in a game or something.

I'm thinking of implementing a "get a free handshake from Rez with every purchase of Rayman Origins" promotion.

One of the pros of working in JB is that you can actually have decent conversations with people a lot of the time. Especially when people are trading in a game or something.

I'm thinking of implementing a "get a free handshake from Rez with every purchase of Rayman Origins" promotion.

"Free Hat" tends to bring in the crowds better

Also someone asked where to get Forza 4 from locally, JB have it for $59.

Top Bottom