• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Rezbit

Damn Pattinson tearing Kiwi's a new one.

Why would you sell an iPod touch over a 3DS? Aren't the margins on Apple shit really really low?

Kritz

Banned
Especially not a Steam sale on XBox 360.

Besides the point. You can acquire cheap games on physical platforms, too. I dunno man, I ain't the one judging people for the games that they own. I'm sure if I looked hard enough into my DVD collection I'd find something with Adam Sandlers in it, but I'd rather believe it doesn't make me any less of a person.

8=====D

Jintor

Mass Effect 3 has been submitted to the Classification Board for classification, receiving an MA15+ rating, indicating that it's pretty bloody near completion I guess. Not rip-roaring news or anything but whatevs

Fusebox

Banned
picked up ma 3DS :D

but ugh.... while waiting for a sales rep, overhead him talking a mum out of buying a 3DS because it might kill her 10 or 11 year daughter's eyes and fobbed off an Ipod touch instead....

fucking Acolytes of Apple :/

Don't mean to bring you down from your anti-Apple-high, but research shows that exposure to 3D at a young age does increase risk of strabismus. I also wouldn't buy a 3DS for a 10 year old without gluing the 3D slider to off.

Fucking insane storm going down in Sydney right now.

/nevermind, lasted about 3 minutes

Just a bit of wind and a few minutes of rain down south. Hopefully it'll come our way soon, I love a good storm./

Besides the point. You can acquire cheap games on physical platforms, too. I dunno man, I ain't the one judging people for the games that they own. I'm sure if I looked hard enough into my DVD collection I'd find something with Adam Sandlers in it, but I'd rather believe it doesn't make me any less of a person.

8=====D

Adam Sandler has been in some good films though. I wouldn't hate on anyone for having Funny People, Click, Big Daddy, Reign Over Me, Happy Gilmore, Waterboy, or Mr Deeds (although Mr Deeds verges more into guilty pleasure).

On the other hand I'd feel bad for anyone who owned Brink. Such wasted potential. :(

Fucking insane storm going down in Sydney right now.

I'm in Surry Hills and it hasn't really been too bad. Had some thunder and a tiny bit of rain, but for the most part it's been fairly quiet. Will probably hit us later this arvo.

Jintor

Don't mean to bring you down from your anti-Apple-high, but research shows that exposure to 3D at a young age does increase risk of strabismus. I also wouldn't buy a 3DS for a 10 year old without gluing the 3D slider to off.

Although all I've been playing on the 3DS recently has been DS games

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
So my hotel doesn't have checkin on a sunday and I only noticerd and I'm here in nz and I'm trying to ring there after hours number and I get andswering machuines and they're not returning my calls

Choc

Banned

Just a bit of wind and a few minutes of rain down south. Hopefully it'll come our way soon, I love a good storm./

You can turn 3d off

markot

Banned
Also the research isnt very conclusive, and its also meant to be really young kids, like <6, not 10.

Also getting a kid an ipod is like getting them a membership to scientology! Good parenting?!

Kritz

Banned
Adam Sandler has been in some good films though. I wouldn't hate on anyone for having Funny People, Click, Big Daddy, Reign Over Me, Happy Gilmore, Waterboy, or Mr Deeds (although Mr Deeds verges more into guilty pleasure)

>_> I own all of those.

Jintor

Can anybody think of any other unclassified games being sold digitally? PSN, XBLA, Steam, whatever. Unclassified at retail is a sure violation, but I'm still poking around here. Don't worry about the Appstore or mobile Apps right now.

Shaneus

Easily the worst thing about festivals, its so obvious they aren't there for the music too.
Pretty much. Mind you, occasionally I do think of them as an occasion to get a bit raucous, but that's never the sole reason. Everyone else just seems to go to get smashed and act like fuckheads.

On the other hand, those that did go for the music had an amazing time. Zombie Nation smashed the shit out of it. I was dumbfounded, shocked and amazed his entire set. Oizo was decent, too :)

So, AusGAF. Quandry. Got my G510 keyboard from Logitechshop for $69 this week, but there's what looks like a white mark which may have occurred at the plastic moulding process, on the lower-left of the keyboard. It's not massive, but it is noticeable and is tugging at my pseudo-OCD strings. Do I follow it up with them for a warranty? Are they a cunt to organise?

The other thing I ordered from them was fine, though. Everyone should get the UE 700 earbuds. Then masturbate tenaciously to their favourite music as it sounds the best you've ever heard it.

Kritz

Banned
Random art:

I drew this for a D&D game that may or may not actually happen:

v3A84l.png

Took about four hours, because I'm bad at drawing. Supposed to be a kind of mage dorf kinda guy. But for some reason looks like he mugged Ezio and took fashion advice from Nathan Drake.

I am not very good at drawing clothing.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
You in Auckland? I might be able to help out

yarr. its ok if my hotel dont pickup/return my call by 5 im just going to go to the hotel down the rd for one night. sitting in a maccas now to be warm. the indian restrauntni lunched at let me leave my bagnthere while they close between lunch and dinner so yarrr

yarr. its ok if my hotel dont pickup/return my call by 5 im just going to go to the hotel down the rd for one night. sitting in a maccas now to be warm. the indian restrauntni lunched at let me leave my bagnthere while they close between lunch and dinner so yarrr
If you get stuck i could give you my grand parents in drurys address.

midonnay

hmmm..... I can already see those telltale lines on the left of the screen of the 3DS....but they rub off...

should I be worried? ._.

BTW, its worst than a DS lite for my giant hands >_<

maybe its the thickness or something

Kritz's avatar makes me feel happy.... its like the anti-Deathjr

Ydahs

hmmm..... I can already see those telltale lines on the left of the screen of the 3DS....but they rub off...

should I be worried? ._.
That happens to mine too which means it's means it's at least making contact. Be sure not to slam it shut.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Mass Effect 3 has been submitted to the Classification Board for classification, receiving an MA15+ rating, indicating that it's pretty bloody near completion I guess. Not rip-roaring news or anything but whatevs

The game's content would be locked down, yeah, in order to submit a document to the Classification Board. It's still awhile away, but they'd know exactly everything that's going into the game by now.

Choc

Banned
The game's content would be locked down, yeah, in order to submit a document to the Classification Board. It's still awhile away, but they'd know exactly everything that's going into the game by now.

that means a change based on leak is bullshit :)

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
that means a change based on leak is bullshit :)

I figured it would be simply because the game is way too far in development. But as long as no changes technically infringed on reported content (eg: changing dialogue/reports) then they could still technically do it.

But yeah, the moment they said stuff could/would change they were just entering panic defence mode. Some little things will probably be different as stuff always gets cut, but by large I expect the leak to be spot on.

Not that I know much about the leak. I read a couple of things and decided to leave the rest as I don't want the game spoiled for me.

Shaneus

PC-savvy folk: I mentioned to my brother that I was looking at upgrading from my Q9550 to an i7-2600k (that's the good one, right?) and he said that he has a spare motherboard along with an i7-960 that he'd pass off to me for around $500 and would probably chuck in some RAM too. Good deal, given that that series of CPU/mobo won't be around for much longer, thus my future CPU upgrade path would be limited?

PC-savvy folk: I mentioned to my brother that I was looking at upgrading from my Q9550 to an i7-2600k (that's the good one, right?) and he said that he has a spare motherboard along with an i7-960 that he'd pass off to me for around $500 and would probably chuck in some RAM too. Good deal, given that that series of CPU/mobo won't be around for much longer, thus my future CPU upgrade path would be limited?

You can get a i5 2500K and a mother board for $360 though. Would be worth the investment as I don't see Intel rushing out another game changer now that AMD had their hiccup.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Rayman Origins just keeps getting better. It's one-upping itself with every new level. It has the sort of design ethic I'd usually associate with EAD Tokyo or Valve. It's a must -- MUST -- play for anyone who considers a game like Mario Galaxy a must-play.

Top Bottom