• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Yagharek

One of the pros of working in JB is that you can actually have decent conversations with people a lot of the time. Especially when people are trading in a game or something.

I'm thinking of implementing a "get a free handshake from Rez with every purchase of Rayman Origins" promotion.

You will grow to hate people.

I did, after they all refused to buy Beyond Good and Evil, Okami and Oddworld Stranger in that order. Back then they used to buy Need for Speed, WWE Smackdown and Cabela's Hunting games. Nowadays I imagine it's Call of Duty, Assassins Creed and Skyrim.

I did, after they all refused to buy Beyond Good and Evil, Okami and Oddworld Stranger in that order. Back then they used to buy Need for Speed, WWE Smackdown and Cabela's Hunting games. Nowadays I imagine it's Call of Duty, Assassins Creed and Skyrim.

Pfft. They were just rip offs of other, better games. Beyond Good & Evil is the laziest Jak & Daxter clone ever. Don't get me started on Strangers Wraith, oh lets just through away the awesome platforming puzzles of the first few games and Master Chief this shit up!

Yagharek

Pfft. They were just rip offs of other, better games. Beyond Good & Evil is the laziest Jak & Daxter clone ever. Don't get me started on Strangers Wraith, oh lets just through away the awesome platforming puzzles of the first few games and Master Chief this shit up!

I'm calling Poe's Law on this. You cannot be serious.

Yagharek

Death Jr is reptilescorpio's alt?

BGE was like a french take on Zelda. It had the same vibe as City of Lost children or fifth element. The story was fun, the exploration of the world was actually interesting, and the double team combat/puzzles were miles beyond anything jak and daxter did. Carlson & Peters > you.

Oddworld Strangers Wrath was comprehensively the best looking game on last gen consoles. This isn't up for debate. As soon as his pants come off, the amount of special effects being thrown around put games like riddick and halo 2 to shame. TO SHAME! Plus the story was beautifully told, the characters in the towns and the villains were funny, and the weapons/live ammo were far more interesting than in any shooter game before or since.

If you dislike those two games, I feel for you.

Also, other games that people refused to buy: Shadow of the Colossus, Viewtiful Joe, Killer7 and Full Spectrum Warrior.

Although to their credit, there were a handful of people who tried and actively hunted down stuff like Disgaea/Phantom Brave/La Pucelle and a few of the Atlus srpg releases.

remz

You leave BG&E out of this!! You big...! you big...! Meanie!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I need to buy a new mouse since my left mouse button seems to be stiff, Too much resistance against pressing it.

So many choices, It's insane. I might go with a steelseries one that's getting good reviews, Nothing fancy about it either.

I've had my deathadder for nearly 4 years so it's time for a brand change.

remz

I need to buy a new mouse since my left mouse button seems to be stiff, Too much resistance against pressing it.

So many choices, It's insane. I might go with a steelseries one that's getting good reviews, Nothing fancy about it either.

I've had my deathadder for nearly 4 years so it's time for a brand change.

Roccat Kone+ Is always my recommendation these days

You leave BG&E out of this!! You big...! you big...! Meanie!
It was so medicore I had to buy it twice just to make sure the first time around hadn't left me brain dead from it's blandness.
2011-12-0319.33.40367n5.jpg

The right mouse button went on my K710 which led to me picking up the G400. You can get it from Dick Smith right now for $28 and I highly recommend it for a wired mouse! Is even worth the $45 I paid for it.

Yagharek

It was so medicore I had to buy it twice just to make sure the first time around hadn't left me brain dead from it's blandness.
2011-12-0319.33.40367n5.jpg

The right mouse button went on my K710 which led to me picking up the G400. You can get it from Dick Smith right now for $28 and I highly recommend it for a wired mouse! Is even worth the $45 I paid for it.

The fact you have asscreed bro proves my earlier thesis.

Choc

Banned

Wait you are saying skyrim is shit?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Bourke exploded with business today. Good times.

Yagharek

Wait you are saying skyrim is shit?

From a purely technical standpoint, yes. For now.

Opinions choc. Vince doesnt like Bethesda games and I think Alan Wake is horrible. Everyone is allowed to think differently.

This is also true.

I believe vince has stated his dislike for elder scrolls.

Once or twice.

Clearly you have never experienced a steam sale.

Especially not a Steam sale on XBox 360.

Who likes Alan Wake?

Masochists and people who don't have access to Resident Evil 4. Or Silent Hill 2.

Anyone who doesn't like BG&E ain't no friend of mine.

Friend.

Also, I'm now ~21 hours into Skyward Sword. Getting some serious progress and nearly completed my bug/treasure collection. Starting to do some sidequests around Skyloft, finding hidden chests and whatnot, and now onto what I assume is the second half of the quest.

Easily the best game out this year that I've played.

Yagharek

Also, I assume it's not spoiley to say this, but just in case - the very first dungeon area
Faron Woods
is gorgeous. Every time I come back to it it just makes it clear how dense the area is packed with things to do and see.

Deeku

Also, I assume it's not spoiley to say this, but just in case - the very first dungeon area
Faron Woods
is gorgeous. Every time I come back to it it just makes it clear how dense the area is packed with things to do and see.
Yeah, it's just so colourful!

I also really like (spoiler!):
the past of Lanayru Desert. Turning the cruddy brown sand into colourful grass and robot dudes makes me smile every time!

Sitting on chairs to heal is also rad lol

Yagharek

Yeah, it's just so colourful!

I also really like (spoiler!):
the past of Lanayru Desert. Turning the cruddy brown sand into colourful grass and robot dudes makes me smile every time!

Sitting on chairs to heal is also rad lol

Agreed.
The game can be so vibrant when it suits, and there is a nice juxtaposition of colour and grey and weathered ancient architecture. And the robots are cute

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Bourke exploded with business today. Good times.

It was easily the most busy Saturday that I've worked over in Prahran as well. It doesn't help that we only had one person from music, movies and games on, as well as the manager. We survived. Somehow.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
It was easily the most busy Saturday that I've worked over in Prahran as well. It doesn't help that we only had one person from music, movies and games on, as well as the manager. We survived. Somehow.

Its only going to get worse at this time of the year :(. We had quite a bit of staff on, but most were resigned to registers due to how many customers we had, while each area was pretty much staffed by one person. Games was pretty manageable but was flat out work from start to finish. Lots of console sales, lots of requests for Skyrim PS3/Battlefield PC and us having to inform them we're sold out, and no chavs.

Unlike yesterday, which had chavs.

I hate chavs.

Shaneus

Ugh.

Stereosonic was fun today, but my GOD there are some truly sad, depressing examples of the human condition that come to these things. Tattoos EVERYWHERE. About 8 Southern Crosses, one boxing kangaroo draped in an Australian flag, lost count of all the tribal tattoos... about the only decent thing I saw anyone wearing (aside from some KISS-styled Chuck Taylor's) was a group of two or three guys with tanks on that said "Sun's out, guns out". I thought it was quite witty and humorous.

But yeah, I fucking weep for humanity with some of the absolute tossfucks that were around today. I'm sure majority of them were fine, but just... wow.

god I hate black milk
That's racist.

jambo

Ugh.

Stereosonic was fun today, but my GOD there are some truly sad, depressing examples of the human condition that come to these things. Tattoos EVERYWHERE. About 8 Southern Crosses, one boxing kangaroo draped in an Australian flag, lost count of all the tribal tattoos... about the only decent thing I saw anyone wearing (aside from some KISS-styled Chuck Taylor's) was a group of two or three guys with tanks on that said "Sun's out, guns out". I thought it was quite witty and humorous.

But yeah, I fucking weep for humanity with some of the absolute tossfucks that were around today. I'm sure majority of them were fine, but just... wow.

Yeah it was pretty bad, as usual. So bad on the tram ride to the parklands as well. There were families with kids getting the tram in the city to go shopping and there were drunk and pinging idiots swearing like sailors and just acting disgraceful.

Luckily each group seemed to have a few people who were sober and would help families and old people to get through, moving their dickhead mates out of the way.

Axiom

I think Alan Wake is great.

I also may be horribly biased as my name is Alan and thus having a woman pleading my name to save her added a hell of a fucking lot to the experience.

aDDiKt24

Banned
Alan Wake is definitely a diamond in the rough. I absolutely loved it and it's one of my games of this gen. It has a lot of areas it can improve on. Haters be damned!

Shaneus

Yeah it was pretty bad, as usual. So bad on the tram ride to the parklands as well. There were families with kids getting the tram in the city to go shopping and there were drunk and pinging idiots swearing like sailors and just acting disgraceful.

Luckily each group seemed to have a few people who were sober and would help families and old people to get through, moving their dickhead mates out of the way.
Yup. Probably didn't help that at Flemington Racecourse they had a Wiggles thing going on. Reminded me of this:
trouble+brewing.jpg

FarSideTroubleBrewing%2B001%5B1%5D.jpeg

Stereosonic was fun today, but my GOD there are some truly sad, depressing examples of the human condition that come to these things.
Sounds like the typical crowds at Stereo, a few more pingers than BDO and the like. All festivals tend to attract the less scrupulous elements of society, after all, mass crowds to give anonymity and copious amounts of alcohol/drugs/skin leads to lots of opportunity for mischief.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So i decided to grab the logitech G400 since it seems to be reviewed decently and it was only $20 at logitechshop with free shipping.

If it happens to suck then no big deal i guess, It was only $20. Can be a good backup mouse.

Shaneus

Sounds like the typical crowds at Stereo, a few more pingers than BDO and the like. All festivals tend to attract the less scrupulous elements of society, after all, mass crowds to give anonymity and copious amounts of alcohol/drugs/skin leads to lots of opportunity for mischief.
Oh yeah, it was not much different to other years, but the muzzas just... I'm a member of the same society as them and it scares the shit out of me.

Fusebox

Banned
Ugh.

Easily the worst thing about festivals, its so obvious they aren't there for the music too.

midonnay

picked up ma 3DS :D

but ugh.... while waiting for a sales rep, overhead him talking a mum out of buying a 3DS because it might kill her 10 or 11 year daughter's eyes and fobbed off an Ipod touch instead....

fucking Acolytes of Apple :/

Top Bottom