• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ban request

TLZ

Banned
I also like to add that in all my years here with the exception of when we had RE Mods here just before the purge, I have never been banned/warned or had any posts deleted.....to my knowledge 🤔
If that's happening to you then....I mean I don't exactly set the bar high 😂
I've had a couple deleted recently and one just in the last 24 hrs I think. Not sure why. Thought it was a lighthearted response. But whatever.

PhaseJump

Banned
What in the actual fuck happened while I was asleep

tumblr_oxu3wu4bFd1qaqx8xo1_500.gifv

Thaedolus

Equating deleting some posts to keep threads on track instead of getting constantly derailed to Ree’s hive…I wouldn’t even call it a mind, whatever it is…is stupid, and if you can’t tell the difference that’s a big woof and a yikes.

I’ve had a couple posts deleted over the years to not derail a thread or whatever. I took it as a sign to not do that. I didn’t take it as a sign to make a thread whining about it or fill up the admin’s inbox with complaints. Sometimes we make mistakes and just own up to it. It’s called being a grown up.

Thabass

We can afford to lose one, though
PnJdvo9.jpg

Damn that's some cold shit. 🤣🤣

I was going to respond to him by saying that NeoGAF is a private forum and that NeoGAF and its moderators are not beholden to not deleting posts because of some sort of censorship. They can delete their posts at the own whim, much like ResetEra can delete posts on their own whim.

The problem with ResetEra is that they are deleting posts regarding certain mindsets because they feel that they are always in bad faith due to the poster's political ideology being different from their's. Which is a very toxic way to run a forum in my opinion. I have been a community manager/admin/moderator for many gaming communities and gaming companies and very few are as strict as ResetEra.

Regardless of our feelings, however, it's their prerogative to be able to delete what they feel isn't right for the forum. If you have a problem with that, then leave. No one's forcing you to stay here. That's why I don't post on ResetEra. It's pretty easy to do.

Topher

Gold Member
Equating deleting some posts to keep threads on track instead of getting constantly derailed to Ree’s hive…I wouldn’t even call it a mind, whatever it is…is stupid, and if you can’t tell the difference that’s a big woof and a yikes.

I’ve had a couple posts deleted over the years to not derail a thread or whatever. I took it as a sign to not do that. I didn’t take it as a sign to make a thread whining about it or fill up the admin’s inbox with complaints. Sometimes we make mistakes and just own up to it. It’s called being a grown up.

Exactly. I've had mods put me in my place before and I deserved it. Deleting posts here just seem to be ways of getting shit on track without drastic action. On ResetEra, it seems like every action is drastic. Putting the two forum's moderation philosophy in the same sentence doesn't make any sense to anyone who was ever a member both.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Exactly. I've had mods put me in my place before and I deserved it. Deleting posts here just seem to be ways of getting shit on track without drastic action. On ResetEra, it seems like every action is drastic. Putting the two forum's moderation philosophy in the same sentence doesn't make any sense to anyone who was ever a member both.
I’m gonna say it. I didn’t like the old GAF as much from about the time it went a bit hivemind up to the split.

Before it went wonky it was chilled friendly nice place then it went into the agree with us or perish mentality/dog piling.

Reee was/is very much the old toxic GAF but worse as you didn’t have anyone to balance it out.

New GAF has the old old GAF (feel and smell) fun chill mentality and the whole we only joking let’s have fun let’s not take ourselves too seriously vibe to it now.

Happy Jim Carrey GIF

I mean in my 40plus years of gaming.
This new GAF is

Work Quality GIF by MOODMAN

Last edited:

Thabass

I’m gonna say it. I didn’t like the old GAF as much from about the time it went a bit hivemind up to the split.

Before it went wonky it was chilled friendly nice place then it went into the agree with us or perish mentality/dog piling.

Reee was/is very much the old toxic GAF but worse as you didn’t have anyone to balance it out.

New GAF has the old old GAF fun chill mentality and the whole we only joking let’s have fun let’s not take ourselves too seriously feel to it now.

Happy Jim Carrey GIF

This new GAF is

Can we start measuring our gaming prowess like our cocks? 31 years of gaming experience has to mean something right? I've got a big gaming cock.

Topher

Gold Member

New GAF has the old old GAF (feel and smell) fun chill mentality and the whole we only joking let’s have fun let’s not take ourselves too seriously vibe to it now.

Happy Jim Carrey GIF

This new GAF is

I was a member on Reset Era early for a few years and barely ever posted. One then one day I posted that I was excited to play Cyberpunk 2077.

banned ban GIF

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Geez, I thought I was quite literal on my phrasing of the situation, yet you still managed to fail seeing the point.
What Reeeee does is not allowing an opinion other than "the message" being published there.
On this particular case, it is exactly what happened, minus the ban.

If no post was deleted, no "overreacting" would take place
, the end.
"The ban is what makes the difference" hence me saying "minus the ban".
Why no ban? Because gaf can't afford it.

Stop trying to put this on the OP, the mod is wrong on this one and we won't know who it was either. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

FREEDOM OF SPEECH DOESN'T MEAN FREEDOM FROM CONS-oh, you're already banned.

Coffin Dancing GIF

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
I also like to add that in all my years here with the exception of when we had RE Mods here just before the purge, I have never been banned/warned or had any posts deleted.....to my knowledge 🤔
If that's happening to you then....I mean I don't exactly set the bar high 😂
(Sees avatar)
Ahh.. my mentor.

Zach Braff Hug GIF

We can afford to lose one, though
Zach Braff Reaction GIF

That was not an accident, that was straight up murder, haha.

Anyway, OP, one thing:

judy reyes scrubs GIF

Top Bottom