• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

dogen

Over 3.5GB framebuffer for 1080p...i think the issue is self explanatory.

It indicates that it is incredibly inefficient and has to swap out data all the time. One of the factors contributing to the stuttering issue everyone is having.

Or it could just be loading in data earlier because there's free memory doing nothing...

kinggroin

Banned
Not that I should be cheering, but now I have the game locked 30fps everything but smoke maxed out.

This is with the latest nvidia driver using adaptive vsync (half refresh rate) and vsync in-game set to off.

I'm on a GTX 670 and FX CPU at 4.5ghz with 8GB ram

So yeah, its playable. Even motion blur has no effect on the frame rate (I get the stutter when loading a new part of the world, but that's to be expected).

meanspartan

I was doing not great, but playable and stuck close to 30fps.

Then the batmobile....

They better fucking fix this. With WB, that is not given.

It's a mix of FXAA, strong motion blur, depth of field abuse and a healthy coating of chromatic aberration.

It's like the absolute worse case scenario for image quality.

Yeah that seems to be it. IQ is definitely worse than I remember seeing in trailers lol. I was playing Arkham City recently and while AK has better effects AC looks like it has better IQ :/

Scrooged

Totally wronger about Nintendo's business decisions.
Or it could just be loading in data earlier because there's free memory doing nothing...

Maybe. But why is there stuttering and slowdown when neither the GPU or CPU are at 100%? It points to a streaming issue.

Xyber

Now I cant say all but some that didnt touch the ini seems to run the game just fine

My game was stuttering just the same when I was flying before and after I unlocked it.

Do not reinstall the game, it won't do shit. Just changing the ini to the original values is enough and if that doesn't help there's nothing to do but wait for a patch.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Yes, and what proof do you have that uncapping fps irreversibly causes the leak?

Cold Hard Facts
vUBeuvW.png

Grassy

Why isn't MSI Aftetburner + Riva working? :/

Sometimes Fraps doesn't load either, it's like it fails to recognise it's a 3d application or something...it's weird.

I legit think this game looks like garbage

I don't know if its the film grain, or the absurd amount of needless particle effects and sorta dialed-down colors, or everything

but add the awful amount of aliasing + god awful textures and I seriously think it looks fucking terrible and just worse in every way except character models

like not even from a tech standpoint just from an aesthetic decisions one

Origins was super clean and stylish. This is some sort of shitty sensory overload passed through a shit brown grain filter

I agree it looks pretty average. It's like they're trying to hide all the low-res assets and shitty textures with over-the-top effects that end up just making it look bad. Even at 4k it just doesn't look right, like the shitty parts become more noticeable. The character models are good but it's like the rest of the game is missing a high-res texture pack or something. No ambient occlusion and the other missing effects don't help either.

There's also no "Graphics, Performance and Tweaking" guide on the Geforce website like they do for every other big game release..GTA V, Witcher 3, even Dying Light had one. Strange when Nvidia's been plugging the Gameworks and promoting it so hard...

Struct09

It seems to be running OK for me most of the time. I have an i5-3570, GTX 970, and 16GB of RAM. After editing the INI file and turning on vsync I get a mostly steady 60fps as long as I'm not in the Batmobile (which is when it begins to stutter).

I was really hyped for this game, but I think I'll put it on hold until they fix things. The missing rain textures are a bummer since it seems that it's always raining in Gotham now.

I legit think this game looks like garbage

I don't know if its the film grain, or the absurd amount of needless particle effects and sorta dialed-down colors, or everything

but add the awful amount of aliasing + god awful textures and I seriously think it looks fucking terrible and just worse in every way except character models

like not even from a tech standpoint just from an aesthetic decisions one

Origins was super clean and stylish. This is some sort of shitty sensory overload passed through a shit brown grain filter

Agreed. It's been bugging me but you're right. I legit think Arkham City has better IQ. Maybe not better effects, but the IQ is so much cleaner.

komorebi

Now I cant say all but some that didnt touch the ini seems to run the game just fine

I'm running it fine, albeit @ 30fps -- as "intended". I increased the frame cap to 60 before locking it with RivaTuner because if you do 30 (ini) and 30 (RT) it looks and performs much worse than 60 (ini) and 30 (RT). I posted my exact configuration earlier and it runs excellent, probably the best 30fps I've personally seen on PC. I haven't had any problems with stability either and I haven't rebooted for hours after playing the game. Maybe I'm due for a hit soon, who knows.

edit: Bait, eh? You Goddamned Bathead !!

Salsa

I keep launching this every 2 hours or so to play for 10 minutes before it turns into shit

god damn I wanna play it so bad. give me one fucking patch

Awntawn

DoN8XgG.jpg

is this the first game to straight up using XBO controller button prompts (View button instead of Back)

Been like that for as long as this gen. I remember raging in AC:U because the tutorial showed the view button + a face button as the prompt, and I didn't realize the view button was an actual button. Kept hitting the one button and wondering why it wasn't doing what it was supposed to :p

I really need to turn off Steam's FPS counter, I look at it way too much.

So, played for an two after putting shadows back on high and turning on the GameWorks smoke/fog game while staying at the default 30FPS lock. The game finally started using more than 30% of my 970 SSC but only when in the Batmobile going fast and power sliding outside the Batmobile it drops back down to the 30s, still not impressed, did actually see it hit 95% for a second while driving, did have a small stutter in a couple spots with the frame rate dropping to 26 for a split second,. The smoke is such a joke though, I'd do donuts for several seconds and it disappears so quickly that I can't actually interact with it. Playing as long as I did again memory utilization was into the 90s with the game around 5.7GB and wouldn't be surprised if it hit 6GB while playing, still using a ton of virtual memory which I have to imagine is a cause of a lot of the stutter problems at 8GB RAM, I have my VM on my SSD so imagine that's helped. Finally also saw my GPU memory break the 3584MB mark with it reaching 3900MB, I did experience a couple small stutters as the game went into the
Arkham Knight introduction/Ace Chemicals
cut scene so I'm not entirely sure if it was caused by the GPU memory, the high system memory or the moving data from the PF into the memory after the cutscene I tried to get it to stutter more but it wouldn't while the game was still tapping into the slow 512MB partition.

A near 12GB total memory commitment? o_O DA FUQ?!

Forgot I wanted to check something with the rain after getting the
new suit
... BRB with an edit.

EDIT: Okay, yeah it must have just been my imagination or the
new suit's cape
is just shinier. Also didn't notice rain doing anything more than just rain drops hitting Batman and then doing nothing, I should've turned off enhanced rain and gave it another look because with it on I couldn't see it really doing anything.

Anyone keep running into low memory issues?

I have the recommended 8GB of RAM, yet every time I boot into either the story or Performance test it keeps telling me I have low memory - All other applications or potential memory hogs have been shut down and their processes stopped.

Must be my shitty i7 2600K holding me back :(

Yes, the game will fill up your system RAM and then go into your page file which might be too small seems to need to be at least 4GB to prevent the low memory issue, I changed mine to 8GB before starting the game this time around. The game seems to want around 3GB of PF access and about 8GB VM commitment in total.

And what exactly is wrong with it using all of your graphics memory?

It's also using as much system RAM and virtual memory as it can. If I were running my page file off one of my HDDs I imagine it'd cause a shitload of stutter.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Man I barely even noticed the missing rain textures and ambient occlusion til yall mentioned it, and now I'm missing it so bad

Cmon WB

CaLe

Damn that looks like garbage. Is that a result of the port or is it just overall an uglier game?

As someone else in the thread already mentioned, the aesthetics of the game are not very appealing. I can't quite put my fingers on it, but it's a bunch of things that just makes the game... Ugly. At least to me... Aliasing, low res textures, etc.

komorebi

Damn that looks like garbage. Is that a result of the port or is it just overall an uglier game?

Chromatic aberration is what's really killing it imo. The more I play the more I get used to it (ymmv of course) but still pictures like this look horrible. It looks better in motion. Still CA heavy though.

Kojaq

Am I the only one who has problems getting my xbox one or 360 controller to work, strange thing is the DS4 works fine with out the ds4xinput

Corpekata

Banned
Am I the only one who has problems getting my xbox one or 360 controller to work, strange thing is the DS4 works fine with out the ds4xinput

No but in other games I've had the issue with it is i because the game thinks there's another controller connected, even if there isn't. Might want to see if your devices are showing more controllers than their should be.

Top Bottom