• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

yep.. I can hear the chipmunk voices too.. around 24 seconds in. The grunts and groans from when he's throwing them around sound like chipmunk voice.

Vex_

Banned
Not sure if this is true, but if so,..

http://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrac...expected_30fps_capped_the_recommended/cshc58i

The NVIDIA videos are actually sped up and not truly running at 60fps? Man, this just goes deeper and deeper.

Everytime I come back to this thread to check if things are any better so I can play my first "true" PC game, I find things have gotten worse.

And now this????!!!!

I picked a hell of a time to join in on PC gaming eh? I am not having a good experience here.

Psykoboy2

Not sure on the truth with that NVIDIA thing. I'm not jumping the gun but I am trying to find explanations. It looks like he might be fighting the ninjas in the game and if so, those are sometimes females. Some of those noises sounded like the female effects from the ninjas in Origins.

Not saying I don't buy it, but just throwing out a theory.

wowzors

Sucks ass that nvidia are the only ones who make a card worth a damn, then they partner with shit tech to put in games to move the cards.

I would bet a pretty penny that if this does get fixed. The best any of us are going to get is 1080p 30fps locked with no stutter and gameworks. 60fps clearly isn't possible.

Mattenth

This tweet is infuriating: https://twitter.com/NVIDIAGeForce/status/613133922369601536

The game doesn't run as smooth like that ever, and the rain textures aren't even there.

I wish Nvidia would get more flack out of this, too.

AWk0LGg.png

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Yeah it's faint but you can hear that the audio is sped up :lol. This has crossed into comedy territory now, people like to rave about Dark Souls 2 dowgnradeathon but this is actual false advertising.

So I switched it to my TV and I am sitting about 10 feet back and it is less offensive. I am still seeing ok performance like in the video I posted earlier. I can't stop hopping in and out of the batmobile. It feels super fluid. Not seeing any texture streaming issues anymore either. No crashes either. Just played for a few hours. It is still messy and I can't wait for them to fix it because the gameplay is awesome.

Lulubop

Yea, I think you guys are bugging. The Nvidia videos are still a different build of the game because the missing effects so why would they have to speed up the video?

AberLink

I bought a used PS4 copy from GameStop today, which I'll be returning once I beat it this weekend, so that nobody gets any additional money out of this fiasco. This is the first and only time I'm taking advantage of that policy.

The PS4 version runs and looks a lot better than it does on my 980ti. Those rain textures would be GODLY on PC. Goddamnit Rocksteady, why have you forsaken us!?

Maybe I'll replay it on the PC some day and try to 100% it or something.

It's a shame that this is happening in this day and age. However, I'm glad that gamers can be more vocal and actionable about it.

Omega

Banned
Regarding that menu, I stared at it for about 5 minutes wondering if I was just missing an "advanced options" somewhere.

I wonder, should Batman be a contender for GOTY with such a bad port?

It could be the best port ever and it wouldn't matter.

This game belongs nowhere near GOTY discussions. It's not even one of the Top 5 games in the first half of 2015.

JackHerer

Everytime I come back to this thread to check if things are any better so I can play my first "true" PC game, I find things have gotten worse.

And now this????!!!!

I picked a hell of a time to join in on PC gaming eh? I am not having a good experience here.

Go play one of the many thousands of perfectly functioning games that have already been released for the platform. That should ease your pain. Broken games and other shitty business practices exist on console too. Don't cherry pick this one game and generalize it to the PC platform as a whole. That's just illogcal.

theeraser

I'm not so sure the video is sped-up. Listen at :22 and you can hear normal grunting from the enemies. I can't remember, but do the sword enemies have pitch-shifted voices like Arkham Knight does?

harz-marz

And now this????!!!!

This. I bought a 970 just for this game. Yes the game was "free" but it made me splash out £270!!

Ce-Lin

well considering the state of the game engine no wonder Nvidia had to speed up the videos, they want to show you their fancy tech, they're not selling the game. Now if Nvidia were trying to sell the game with that video(s) then it's false advertising and we could have a case here.

After listening to that video it does sound off.

Maybe parts of the game were dropping frames so they sped up specific segments? Its also possible there is a normal explanation and its not sped up though

I bought a used PS4 copy from GameStop today, which I'll be returning once I beat it this weekend, so that nobody gets any additional money out of this fiasco. This is the first and only time I'm taking advantage of that policy.

The PS4 version runs and looks a lot better than it does on my 980ti. Those rain textures would be GODLY on PC. Goddamnit Rocksteady, why have you forsaken us!?

Maybe I'll replay it on the PC some day and try to 100% it or something.

It's a shame that this is happening in this day and age. However, I'm glad that gamers can be more vocal and actionable about it.

Used already? Holy crap.

d00d3n

well considering the state of the game engine no wonder Nvidia had to speed up the videos, they want to show you their fancy tech, they're not selling the game. Now if Nvidia were trying to sell the game with that video(s) then it's false advertising and we could have a case here.

NVIDIA has heavily promoted bundles of their latest GPUs and the upcoming Batman game the last couple of months.

Flavius

I'm an idiot, I admit it -- if they sped up the video so it appeared to have 60 fps, and we're getting chipmunk voices, then why isn't Batman teleporting around the room like Nightcrawler again?

Do they then slow it down again?? But why would the chipmunk voices remain??? How does this devious shit work???

I'm an idiot, I admit it -- if they sped up the video so it appeared to have 60 fps, and we're getting chipmunk voices, then why isn't Batman teleporting around the room like Nightcrawler again?

Do they then slow it down again?? But why would the chipmunk voices remain??? How does this devious shit work???

Remember the first showing of Killzone 2 and The Last Guardian? Those where both shown with sped up videos, if you have the tool kits you can do a lot of stuff to fake what people see.

Yeah I don't think its sped up. Too much other stuff would be off right? Unless theres some way of manipulation of the vid I dont know about.

It does sound weird but I dont think its sped up. I just think its some internal build that WB hand crafted to show specific things. Its a build obviously not real though

npa189

Caved and bought a PS4 copy, doesn't sting that bad considering I only got the Nvidia copy on PC. GCU took a chunk out too. I don't feel great about buying it, but I love the series (and batman) too much to play that PC version in such a state, pop the disc in a go, advantage of the consoles I guess.

Top Bottom