• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

RM8

Jeez, guys, this is Mortal Kombat X all over again. I feel for you, and I guess I should be glad I'm not into the Batman games :[ WB is so sucky on PC, it's incredible.

Not sure if this is true, but if so,..

http://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrac...expected_30fps_capped_the_recommended/cshc58i

The NVIDIA videos are actually sped up and not truly running at 60fps? Man, this just goes deeper and deeper.

I am an outspoken Nvidia fan, have been using their cards exclusively for a decade and this fiasco has definitely damaged their reputation, for me at least :(

Nvidia has been very quiet in this disastrous PC launch:
- No formal comment on the issues or their cooperation with WB/RS to fix any of the various glaring issues
- No Andy in the forums here on Neogaf (he tends to show up in these PC performance threads)
- No tweak guide to be found on geforce.com (common on their "meant to be played games" at launch)
- No PC version sent out to reviewers for launch ("PC gamer" finally go their copy a day after the game was already out!)
- No HBAO+ or TXAA support in the game (which are very common in Nvidia "Gameworks" titles (in fact their is no ambient occlusion whatsoever for the time being)

This is not a coincidence... :/

ktroopa

I highly doubt Nvidia is gonna respond to all this, let the game makers clean their shit up etc. And its one big jurassic pile of shit.

AberLink

Sigh, I'm going to stick with the PC version at 2880 x 1620 DSR, no anti-aliasing, Normal shadows, only Nvidia smoke effects and MaxFPS set to 120.

The 30fps on PS4 isn't that great of a compromise either. If you have a 980ti or a Titan X, I would recommend sticking it out with the PC version, if you can.

If you haven't bought the game, I would recommend waiting until they patch the hell out of this thing or pick up the console version if you NEED to play it now and can muster the 30fps.

Either way, this game is GOTY material and it's a shame that it has all these technical problems.

wowzors

I am a outspoken Nvidia fan, have been using their cards exclusively for a decade and this fiasco has definitely damaged their reputation, for me at least :(

- No formal comment on the issues or their cooperation with WB/RS to fix any of the various glaring issues
- No Andy in the forums here on Neogaf (he tends to show up in these PC performance threads)
- No tweak guide to be found on geforce.com (common on their "meant to be played games" at launch)
- No PC version sent out to reviewers for launch ("PC gamer" finally go their copy a day after the game was already out!)
- No HBAO+ or TXAA support in the game (which are very common in Nvidia "Gameworks" titles (in fact their is no ambient occlusion whatsoever for the time being)

Nvidia teamed up with ubisoft for tesselation in assassins creed unity and that was scraped. Might see the same thing here if we don't hear anything from nvidia soon.

JambiBum

The sad part is is that the game is actually a lot of fun. I don't really care for the batmobile stuff, but the Riddler batmobile challenges are at least fun. The game runs alright for me about 85% of the time with some noticeable frame drops when driving and grappling. I try not to drive very much just because I don't like doing it, but the fps drops don't help things much either. It's a shame that the port is so shit because this would probably be one of my top games of the year. Instead it just goes into my pile of fun garbage.

RK9039

I am a outspoken Nvidia fan, have been using their cards exclusively for a decade and this fiasco has definitely damaged their reputation, for me at least :(

Yeah, you'd think they would have said something by now considering this was supposed to be an Nvidia "the way it's meant to be played" kind of game... Well that's what the game keeps telling me.

I am an outspoken Nvidia fan, have been using their cards exclusively for a decade and this fiasco has definitely damaged their reputation, for me at least :(

Agree 100% I'm a big fan of Nvidia but their handling of this situation is sketch. Its not their first time either but yeah lots of weird stuff around this launch. They are radio silent which is really uncommon for games they partner. Especially with how much they were hyping Batman prior to launch

Corpekata

Banned
Feels like a lot of the AR missions that pop in enemies like Drones tank my performance. Normal Batmobile stuff mostly good but just did one where you have to stay alive for 6 minutes and not get hit and it seemed like I was dropping to 25 FPS when popping in new enemies.

This thread...
QYCuMzC.gif

I just HAD to make this

LOL!

VAD

So after 4 hours, I got not so terrible performance, everything seemed smooth enough while not perfect. The game was not so ugly even with the texture streaming issue.
I'm playing with an i5 750 @ 4.2 Ghz and a 970. Framerate unlocked to 60 and Gameworks features are off.
The technical issues are not hampering my enjoyment of the game, but I will definitely be happier when they will eventually fix them.

Jeez, guys, this is Mortal Kombat X all over again. I feel for you, and I guess I should be glad I'm not into the Batman games :[ WB is so sucky on PC, it's incredible.

Do tell.. what is wrong with Mortal Kombat X? I have had it since Day One and have had no problems with it other than the MP (which I don't like anyway).

Quick thought. Usually everyone inquires about the framerate prior to launch. Did we all assume it would not be capped because of previous Batman games? I suppose we will have to ask the dreaded question every big release now. Shame that it's 2015 and we have to worry about this.

viveks86

Agree 100% I'm a big fan of Nvidia but their handling of this situation is sketch. Its not their first time either but yeah lots of weird stuff around this launch. They are radio silent which is really uncommon for games they partner. Especially with how much they were hyping Batman prior to launch

It's been 24 hours since launch and for all we know, they are probably running around with their heads on fire. Some companies choose to get answers first instead of providing non-answers. Let's give them a day to two before spinning up our own theories for their silence. It's unlikely that they will have anything meaningful to say right now anyway.

It's been 24 hours since launch and for all we know, they are probably running around with their heads on fire. Some companies choose to get answers first instead of providing non-answers. Let's give them a day to two before spinning up our own theories for their silence. It's unlikely that they will have anything meaningful to say right now anyway.

Yeah I know, I was just saying they aren't saying anything now and Andy is MIA because I'm sure Nvidia are trying to figure out how they are gonna address this. They have to say something at this rate, question I guess is what.

If they hadn't shown videos with effects that are totally absent from the game they could have probably stayed silent the whole time but that video means they have to address it.

pahamrick

Well, aside from the missing effects, I'm playing through the game and I'm happy enough since I won't get majorly story spoiled by waiting for patches. I play through the Arkham games several times anyway. I've found the best setup for my system for no stutter, perfectly smooth gameplay, very little aliasing and almost no texture streaming issues.

Left the MaxFPS to 30 in the INI.
Used the INI changes to texture streaming I posted earlier.
Downsampling from 2880x1620
Enhanced Smoke/Fog/Clutter Disabled
Enhanced Rain/Light Enabled

Haven't come across any textures that don't load within a second, at most two seconds and I just finished (Early Story Mission Spoilers, I guess)
Ace Chemicals
and not a single non-loaded texture in sight. Game is a perfect 30fps, even when driving really fast in the Batmobile or gliding around the city. Best part, is no more random crashes about files missing in the EXE.

i7 920 @ 4.1ghz HT OFF
GTX 970 SSC
12GB Ram
SSD Install.

Do tell.. what is wrong with Mortal Kombat X? I have had it since Day One and have had no problems with it other than the MP (which I don't like anyway).

One of the major problems I have with MKX is they've yet to fix the story mode cutscenes, they're too dark. They're fine when played outside of the game, but the gamma or adjustment is wrong when played within the game.

Quick thought. Usually everyone inquires about the framerate prior to launch. Did we all assume it would not be capped because of previous Batman games? I suppose we will have to ask the dreaded question every big release now. Shame that it's 2015 and we have to worry about this.

I think we all assumed it would be uncapped on PC (or if capped, at least at something like 60fps) because all prior Arkham game were not capped and UE3 games in general arn't capped.

No one thought they'd actually cap it at 30 because doing that on a PC game is just not right.

What if Andy's just on vacation guys

Andy is gone and Nvidia haven't put up their normal launch article.

I'm not saying the vid is sped up or anything like that, in fact I don't think it is. That said they showed a trailer on their chanel woth features not actually in the game. I'm sure they are thinking about how they are going to address the situation

pahamrick

What if Andy's just on vacation guys

Someone said before that Andy had said he was really busy with stuff during E3 and that the game guide wouldn't make launch, probably even days or a week later, and this was before launch.

At this point I wouldn't assume anything nefarious.

Zomba13

I guess we assumed it wasn't capped because it's 2015 on the PC. Plus the previous Batman game ports were great. They were always used by Nvidia to show off fancy effects and always delivered on them. This time... I dunno what went wrong. Oh, and Nvidia showed "60 fps" gameplay so people assumed that common folk could play like that.

RM8

Basically all of this (ridiculous performance on perfectly capable PCs, memory leaks, crashes, graphical glitches) plus other fun stuff like online modes freezing the game, being unable to access your save file in offline mode, terrible netcode, extra stuff unlocked via the dreadful mobile game not unlocking, etc. - there were like 3 15GB patches fixing and breaking things (one of these patches deleted your save file, lol).

For what is worth, I only experienced a crash once, and the offline glitch is gone now, so I'm happy with the game on PC after the last update. Things are looking better since apparently they ditched High Voltage Software for future updates, too. The only thing I still get sometimes is that the MK10.EXE process won't be killed after exiting to Windows, I need to manually check if it's still running after I'm done playing, lol.

So, I had this built earlier in the year confident that I would now be playing all multiplat games with it.:
IMG_1070_zpse6deae5d.jpg

Even though I had Arkham Knight pre-ordered last summer for PS4, I bought the PC version through GMG's sale and planned on returning the PS4 version once it arrived in the mail.

Well, now that I have it in my hands
File%202015-06-24%204%2031%2005%20PM_zpsudjeq1s5.jpeg

I'm considering just opening it and taking advantage of GMG's refund offer once the first patch is released as I'm not at all confident that it will make things even on par with the PS4 version.

Decisions, decisions.

viveks86

If they hadn't shown videos with effects that are totally absent from the game they could have probably stayed silent the whole time but that video means they have to address it.

Yup. They are not going to be able to skirt around this issue. Their logo is all over the game. lol.

Something that gave me a laugh. Pop-up notification for GeForce Experience that new game optimizations were available. Checked out Arkham Knight, and it now says this for me.

LOL @ 768p. Haven't seen that in a long time!

problem is, each moment they dont respond = more lost sales and egg on their face. At least acknowledge you're looking in to it

Top Bottom