• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

ktroopa

You're giving them more money; that isn't a fix.

yes i know but i want to play the last batman game and this is the only way for now. i highly doubt the PC version is gona get fixed to the level expected to be regarded as a proper AAA title. unless they rewrite the whole thing which is..not gona happen

I have a similar experience like in the video, and I consider this borderline unplayable. The game *can* reach high framerates, but for a good experience the framerate needs to be stable. Those constant drops are incredibly annoying and ruin any chance for smooth gameplay. I have no idea why some people here say this seems "good". Makes me wonder if they have ever experienced a locked 60 fps game.

Dartastic

I'm getting really close to just cracking after I get off work and going to Target to buy the game on PS4. I'm worried it'll never be fixed, and I didn't really buy the game anyway since I got it with my 970. Sigh. Really sad about this. :(

viveks86

Game was using 7.1 Gigs of VRAM when I took this shot (the texture never changed after waiting 2 minutes).
batmanak2015-06-2421-vaun1.png

Quake 2 eat your heart out.

Finally that 12 GB is justified!

lol

I really don't think we'll get a fix until next week at the earliest. There's a lot work that needs to be done. Might as well just get a refund and get the PS4, it's well worth it IMO.

jackdoe

I'm done trying to play this game on the PC. Everytime after I play, I end up getting constant screen flickering on my desktop that persist until I restart my PC. I feel that playing this game could damage my graphics card in the long term.

I'm getting really close to just cracking after I get off work and going to Target to buy the game on PS4. I'm worried it'll never be fixed, and I didn't really buy the game anyway since I got it with my 970. Sigh. Really sad about this. :(

I also got it for free with my 980ti and it's unacceptable how it runs and looks. it seems ridiculous to reward them for this by buying another version.

if it runs at all for you, I'd take the capped framerate and some shit graphical settings that they probably wont fix over rewarding them for fucking it up in the first place

kodecraft

Do it, we all want to play Batman and its broken on our preferred platform. But that shouldn't stop us from experiencing the finale in the Arkhamverse.

KingV

I really don't think we'll get a fix until next week at the earliest. There's a lot work that needs to be done. Might as well just get a refund and get the PS4, it's well worth it IMO.

I'm hoping they turned off some of the graphical effects because of the memory leak problem and taking some effects out delayed or helped the stuttering, and tgeu will fix it all in one go.

:-/

Thanks, looks funny, I'll give it a try :)

Also, I'm using SLI Titan Xs and I can get a pretty stable framerate with one of them as a Physx card, but smoke just kills it entirely. Everything else is fine.

I have 3 980s, and I'm doing well with one dedicated to PhysX. Only powersliding the batmobile causes noticeable drops. Gsync helps even out the smaller ones.

LordCrash

Neo Member
Seems like they somehow mixed up the framerate and the streaming of the engine.

If you let the 30FPS cap untouched there are notably far less problems with stutters and textures and stuff like that.

Really a console game to the core without any serious attempt to make a decent PC port. Who in the world thought PC gamers would just be satisfied with 30FPS??? Beyond understanding imo and just a sign of plain ignorance towards the PC customers...

Shari

I can't get this to work at all. Any chance you could elaborate on what you did to get this working?

Or, alternatively, just package up your injector directory?

I don't exactly remember which file is which so I threw my full bin folder without the exe and some other big physx file.

Just replace everything when asked to do so and backup your folder first.

Also, highly important, dont forget to turn OFF you antialiasing ingame.

Hopefully I did everything correctly.

Here: https://mega.co.nz/#!O9xgSIRJ!3ig9Tj0EMuLhvUM4a6TH8ci-Ga15HozHnNOH54WrhmI

Calmine

Well fuck it. I went and bought the PS4 version - Nice Steelbook version as well. Although, It won't arrive till Saturday, so basically they've got till then to at least give any info on a patch or screw the PC version.

What the fuck voodoo is that.

It ran *perfectly!!

*Comparitvely to other videos. No dipping to single digits and such

Look, there are PCs that can run this game acceptably, but that doesn't make this a good port, or make people complaining entitled. It's a reasonable presumption that a mid or high end PC could run this game with all the effects of the PS4 version turned on, at 1080p, and at or above 30 fps. The fact that you pretty much need a second GPU to dedicate to PhysX to get the game running at a decent framerate (and only really 'decent' if you have a Gsync monitor, as it still regularly drops into the 40s) while still missing key visual effects that the PS4 version has...

It's a bad port.

It's perfectly playable for me, so I'm not going to be looking for a refund, but I still damn well hope they patch this thing to get performance and visuals where they really should be.

datamage

I wonder, should Batman be a contender for GOTY with such a bad port?

I seriously doubt they would be considering the PC version when determining a contender.

On that note, my GF saw what a sad panda I was and got me the PS4 version. I hate rewarding WB with another purchase, but it's the goddamn Bat. ;_;

My 980 Ti weeps at this atrocity.

Click the link in the video description and it takes you to the same article Shake posted not too long after you did. They have nothing but negative impressions of it.

Yeah, but it looked playable. It´s still horrible performance wise, don´t get me wrong, but it´s not as bad as some would have it to be.

I seriously doubt they would be considering the PC version when determining a contender.

On that note, my GF saw what a sad panda I was and got me the PS4 version. I hate rewarding WB with another purchase, but it's the goddamn Bat. ;_;

My 980 Ti weeps at this atrocity.

I really hope they sort it out, espescially for 980 Ti owners who got this bundled. A bundled game that runs like shit is such a slap in the face. You shouldn't need multiple cards for any PS4 / Xbox One port.

comrade

Yeah, but it looked playable. It´s still horrible performance wise, don´t get me wrong, but it´s not as bad as some would have it to be.

It's a lot worse when actually playing then watching a video of it. When you're the one controlling it the stutter and frame drops are a lot more apparent.

I really hope they sort it out, espescially for 980 Ti owners who got this bundled. A bundled game that runs like shit is such a slap in the face. You shouldn't need multiple cards for any PS4 / Xbox One port.

SLI/Crossfire doesn't even work..

It's a lot worse when actually playing then watching a video of it. When you're the one controlling it the stutter and frame drops are a lot more apparent.

SLI/Crossfire doesn't even work..

Dedicating a card to PhysX seems to be about the only way to make the game run acceptably. IF you have multiple nvidia cards. That's what I was referring to.

The PC version is missing out on effects like AO and rain decals on the batsuit. As it stands, the PS4 version will look better. It's bizarre.

The extra Nvidia stuff adds a little but really not much - not enough to compensate anyway.

It doesn't matter how powerful your PC is at this point.

No PC on earth, no networked super computer, no cray mainframe world conquering AI can match the PS4 version so far, since graphical features are just straight up missing.

Well, that settles it for me.

If you reward WB AND Rocksteady for this nonsense by buying another version of the game on consoles, you are apart of the problem.

It's all well and good to talk a good game about holding developers and publishers responsible, but when it comes time to put the heat on and actually speak with your wallets, some of you back out, because the "game is good."

Nonsense. I lost interest in the game a few weeks ago, but this is even worse than High Voltage's nonsense with the MKX PC port. We have one of the greatest, clearest opportunities here to step up and say enough is enough to the industry with these broken games and some of you just want to have your console port "in the mean time."

Nvidia is complicit in this, they sped up their Gameworks video. This crap has got to stop.

I don't exactly remember which file is which so I threw my full bin folder without the exe and some other big physx file.

Just replace everything when asked to do so and backup your folder first.

Also, highly important, dont forget to turn OFF you antialiasing ingame.

Hopefully I did everything correctly.

Here: https://mega.co.nz/#!O9xgSIRJ!3ig9Tj0EMuLhvUM4a6TH8ci-Ga15HozHnNOH54WrhmI

Hm, thanks for that. Still isn't working correctly, so I'll just wait for now. Thanks anyway!

Wereroku

This is just insane. Shit pc ports and even console versions having different features missing or broken. Is this a symptom of rushed production cycles or rushed port teams?

Dartastic

If you reward WB AND Rocksteady for this nonsense by buying another version of the game on consoles, you are apart of the problem.

It's all well and good to talk a good game about holding developers and publishers responsible, but when it comes time to put the heat on and actually speak with your wallets, some of you back out, because the "game is good."

Nonsense. I lost interest in the game a few weeks ago, but this is even worse than High Voltage's nonsense with the MKX PC port. We have one of the greatest, clearest opportunities here to step up and say enough is enough to the industry with these broken games and some of you just want to have your console port "in the mean time."

Nvidia is complicit in this, they sped up their Gameworks video. This crap has got to stop.
I didn't lose interest. I can still buy the game used.

Dartastic

Yeah I read about this on multiple places but wasn't sure if its real.
If it is then... fucking hell.
They all, Nvidia, WB, Rocksteady and Iron Galaxy played us like a damn fiddle.
Holy shit. If true that's the very DEFINITION of false advertising.

paolo11

Yeah I read about this on multiple places but wasn't sure if its real.
If it is then... fucking hell.
They all, Nvidia, WB, Rocksteady and Iron Galaxy played us like a damn fiddle.

What the..........

If this is true, we've been had and I'll be sad.

Mechazawa

Not sure if this is true, but if so,..

http://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrac...expected_30fps_capped_the_recommended/cshc58i

The NVIDIA videos are actually sped up and not truly running at 60fps? Man, this just goes deeper and deeper.

While the enemies do sound sped up, which his all sorts of fucked up, it doesn't really change the fact that the video switches from 30 to 60fps in youtube itself. So they would have had to change the actual framerate of the video itself as well somehow. It wouldn't simply be something where they put everything at x2 and called it a day.

Shari

The thing about the nvidia promo video HAS to be right.

Just check the video yourselves and your can clearly hear the guards speaking like chipmunks.

How fucking sad, someone should get fired for this.

Top Bottom