• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Brother US 16 |OT| Now in HD! (Unmarked Spoilers, Read OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinosur

If you want to watch an entertaining sequence that preceded this, flashback to 6:31pm Pacific.

I really really really do not understand why they cast Victoria. She's so just... worthless? Blah? Like she has no interest in ever participating in the game, she thinks it's summer camp.

I really really really do not understand why they cast Victoria. She's so just... worthless? Blah? Like she has no interest in ever participating in the game, she thinks it's summer camp.

Maybe they wanted that Persian/Iranian market?

Plus most of these shows you'll be lucky to get 1/4 of the cast interesting.

UberTag

So HOH is in pairs now instead of 2 comps?
They're speculating. It's the conclusion I came to as well before the houseguests even started speculating about it.

They only have time to do one comp. But they need two HOHs. So a paired competition would be the most sensible approach to decide the new Heads of Household.

UberTag

Ambergate is boiling to a head on the feeds tonight.
Devin is a dead man walking unless he wins HOH or POV. The entire house is chomping at the bit to evict the guy.

Oh now Devin wants to call a house meeting. This ought to be good.
Waterworks from the big man coming right up.

Amber is in tears as well.

Devin is a dead man walking unless he wins HOH or POV. The entire house is chomping at the bit to evict the guy.

Amber + Caleb gonna talk in the beehive room right now!

EDIT: Except Amber is hiding in the bathroom lol

Dinosur

How many frickin' people are in the toilet? Loading the feeds was weird cuz it's just an empty bathroom and Caleb sitting in the beehive room alone.

edit: Guess they weren't in the toilet.

double edit: But I made you ice cream why aren't you in love with me?!?!!?

Dinosur

Devin just told Donny he was the one who got him nominated. What the fuck is going on in this house, it's only the first week!

UberTag

Caleb & Amber are back together! He can hallucinate about their life together again now.
Donny has forgiven Devin!
Zach wants to ruin Victoria's life!

All is now good in the BB House. Let's all hug!

UberTag

Operation Back Door Devin in Week 2 seems to be go. Now the whole entire house seems to be on board with the exception of Caleb.

UberTag

I've got to say Devin's Funeral was pretty entertaining.
Not as entertaining as Dan's Funeral. But not too shabby for Week 1.

cacophony

mhLEqzl.png

You gotta wait for that. There isn't much room for good gameplay in the beginning usually.

Yes there is, good gameplay is laying low and establishing relationships early on. Getting into numerous alliances that blow up, talking about running the house, saving how you are going to win every competition, talking about making jury, saying that your "side" or group will never lose control, isolating yourself, and general incompetence are examples of bad early gameplay, and that's all over this house (except for Derrick)

IceCold

Yes there is, good gameplay is laying low and establishing relationships early on. Getting into numerous alliances that blow up, talking about running the house, saving how you are going to win every competition, talking about making jury, saying that your "side" or group will never lose control, isolating yourself, and general incompetence are examples of bad early gameplay, and that's all over this house (except for Derrick)

If everybody was smart and laid low the show would be boring.

If everybody was smart and laid low the show would be boring.

True, but that would never happen. Laying low works because they always cast a house full of models, outcasts, loudmouths and muscle heads who's only experience with the show is what they watched in sequester. The muscle heads and loudmouths always want to come in and establish their dominance which leads to their eventual downfall. No smart player is ever getting in the way of that. What's going on with the likes of Caleb and Devin is just standard reality show stuff that happens when you cast crazy people, and it gets old. I'm already tired of the Caleb/Amber stuff. It was funny to laugh at crazy lovestruck Caleb, but now it's just getting old and sad.

IceCold

True, but that would never happen. Laying low works because they always cast a house full of models, outcasts, loudmouths and muscle heads who's only experience with the show is what they watched in sequester. The muscle heads and loudmouths always want to come in and establish their dominance which leads to their eventual downfall. No smart player is ever getting in the way of that. What's going on with the likes of Caleb and Devin is just standard reality show stuff that happens when you cast crazy people, and it gets old. I'm already tired of the Caleb/Amber stuff. It was funny to laugh at crazy lovestruck Caleb, but now it's just getting old and sad.

True. If you rewatch the older BB seasons, the difference between them and the current ones are huge (Went downhill when Allison Groner showed up). It's not just because they mostly cast wannabee actors/models nowadays, but also because of the editing and more obvious production manipulation.

Dinosur

I'm already tired of the Caleb/Amber stuff. It was funny to laugh at crazy lovestruck Caleb, but now it's just getting old and sad.

No shit. They made up and within two minutes he's already back to having the same goddamn conversations about how they're soulmates.

UberTag

No shit. They made up and within two minutes he's already back to having the same goddamn conversations about how they're soulmates.
He'll be recounting that Honeycomb Room conversation and mapping out his post-game date for the next week at least until he finds some new wrinkle in this relationship to obsess over and drive everyone crazy with.

Dinosur

I'm still really interested in how week 2 shapes out. With this twisty twist, it's really fucking randomly hard to actually target a specific person. Do you get the whole house on board and go for the backdoor or what?

UberTag

I'm still really interested in how week 2 shapes out. With this twisty twist, it's really fucking randomly hard to actually target a specific person. Do you get the whole house on board and go for the backdoor or what?
Well, if you're planning to backdoor Devin that's not exactly a hard task.

There are two risks that could come into play.
A) Devin wins HOH.
B) Some crazy person wins HOH and nominates Devin initially (not realizing how to backdoor someone) giving him two chances to win immunity for himself.

There's also the possibility that bipolar Devin comes out and says that he plans to out the Bomb Squad if he so much as touches the block. No matter who puts him up there. Because he'll know the Bomb Squad sanctioned it and influenced the HOH even if it's not one of them who did it.

Of course, that's still a risk. Could lead to a bunch of folks in the Bomb Squad throwing HOH tomorrow in hopes that somebody else will win, backdoor Devin and he won't out their alliance.

I actually hope Devin sticks around. His insane paranoia is hilarious so far. It can only get better from here.

Every year it seems like the night before or after the first eviction, the house gets a bit of drama.

I liked the feeds during season 8 because so much scheming usually happened the day of eviction, where things would change about two/three times before the episode went live. Where most the time the feeds are boring as shit on Thursday's.

Christine seems to be doing a pretty good job of this as well, from what little I've seen at least.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I liked the feeds during season 8 because so much scheming usually happened the day of eviction, where things would change about two/three times before the episode went live. Where most the time the feeds are boring as shit on Thursday's.

Last year had one of the most surprising power shifts on the day of an eviction (Nick's eviction). I was glued to the feeds the night before and day of.

Last year had one of the most surprising power shifts on the day of an eviction (Nick's eviction). I was glued to the feeds the night before and day of.

I feel like most of last years feeds(and season as a whole for the most part) have been whiped from my memory. Any time I think about the feeds I get memory flashes of Amanda and McCrae awkwardly fucking in the photobooth room and then I stop trying to remember last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom