• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Brother US 16 |OT| Now in HD! (Unmarked Spoilers, Read OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get the Britney fascination, at all.

tumblr_m9mqo56NmN1rf03kio2_250.gif

Velcro Fly

lol, why did everyone hate Elissa so much last year?

she was worthless for much of the season. like not only was she really dumb and only there because she looked and sounded like rachel, but she had pretty much no clue on how to play the game. she pretty much went along with whatever someone else wanted and it ruined the game. the mob mentality would have been the story if not for the absolutely scummy people they had cast.

IceCold

BB must be one of the most forgettable shows out there. I watched all of last season even saw some of the feeds and tried to remember the cast or the winner and couldn't. Everything past BB10 is a blur.

Velcro Fly

Best part of Britney was some of the really blunt diary room sessions she had. Otherwise she's a bad player that rode the coattails of a good alliance that dominated on a season full of average to bad players.

UberTag

Plenty of terrible Big Brother players excel in diary room confessionals.
Britney is a perfect example of this.
Ika from Big Brother Canada 2 is another.
Absolutely terrible at the game but amazing when it comes to the diary room.
You could even make an argument that Amanda from last season qualifies in this category.

She had a huge sense of entitlement, was socially awkward, and Amanda shit talked her 24/7. The first two made things very difficult for her in the house, the third was the icing on the cake. Amanda lead the group mentality that a house full of sheep followed. Amanda vented and the sheep agreed (lead by head sheep Andy)

Plenty of terrible Big Brother players excel in diary room confessionals.
Britney is a perfect example of this.
Ika from Big Brother Canada 2 is another.
Absolutely terrible at the game but amazing when it comes to the diary room.
You could even make an argument that Amanda from last season qualifies in this category.

I agree, but I definitely wouldn't use those types as an example of "great casting" either. I'd actually argue that Amanda was much better casting than Britney. Amanda brought drama, was good in the DR, and even though she was destroying her end game in the process, she had that house locked-up insanely tight for the first 60% of that season. Everyone came to her out of fear of her verbal tirades. Bad end game gameplay, but it kept her in that house LONG past when they should have threw her ass out the door. It really is a shame Amanda was put in a house full of so many passive individuals, if she was on a different season there could have been massive fireworks

Fantastical

Death Prophet
While the shit talking about Elissa was brutal... that girl was just weird. I seriously could not figure her out. Honestly, one of the strangest personalities I've ever witnessed, and she had no idea how to play the game. I hope she thanks god every night for the voting twist because she was useless as fuck.

I remember she told someone that they were going to be targeted while the rest of the house was trying to keep it a secret and everyone in the house was just DONE with her.

That said, she was probably one of the nicer people in the house, she just had no idea how to be good with people socially and it made her come off completely cold. I think in the situation where she told someone they were going she was literally on her period... I think Helen said that. The previous day she had gotten mad at Andy and McCrae (repeatedly) when she mistakenly thought they were making fun of her religion and she would not let it go.

cory64

Indeed, a very strange person. I feel bad for Elissa, she's just not the type of person who comes out of a situation like BB looking good. She was almost alien to the entire idea of playing a social game. It's not like the past players who might have minimized that on purpose, it just didn't process for her.

If Amanda had been able to keep herself in check she might have gotten to F3, but the nature of her "strategy" would have pretty much ruined her chances at being voted winner.

What a mess of a season

If anyone even THINKS about copying Andy's strategy this year
ieJ8LeoEkuh2D.gif

For those who have not seen, these are the BB16 houseguests favorite players:

Amber: Howard (BB15)
Jocasta: Rachel
Caleb: Hayden (BB12)
Zach: Andy (BB15)
Nicole: Dan, Ian, and Jordan
Paola: Didn't list one
Frankie: Britney (described her as manipulative....)
Donny: Spencer (BB15)
Cody: Big Jeff
Christine: Howie, Boogie, and Helen...
Joey: GinaMarie (BB15)
Brittany: Britney
Devin: Hayden (BB12)
Victoria: Doesn't have a favorite
Hayden: Hayden (BB12)
Derrick: Dan

Poor Dr. Will, lol. Look at all that BB 15...

cory64

It's actually half and half between fans and recruits, but only Christine Nicole and maybe Zach qualify as superfans.

Female fans:
Nicole Christine Jocasta

Male fans:
Donny Derrick Devin Frankie Zach

Female recruits:
Victoria Paola Joey Amber Brittany

Male recruits:
Cody Caleb Hayden

It will be curious if that's the twist but I really don't see it happening.

Dinosur

Because she should/would have been voted out Week 1 or 2 but because of stunt casting and Grodner twists (MVP) she was around for over half the game. I mean, look how people feel about Frankie this season. Elissa was a billion times worse in those regards.

Diablos

Rachel is an embarrassment to the entire CBS network. Why they keep propping her up outside of her show (i.e. Amazing Race) is a mystery to me. She's a whiny snobby brat with nothing interesting to say, she's not attractive in the slightest. Her voice is among the most annoying I've ever heard on television in my life, no hyperbole.

Rachel is an embarrassment to the entire CBS network. Why they keep propping her up outside of her show (i.e. Amazing Race) is a mystery to me. She's a whiny snobby brat with nothing interesting to say, she's not attractive in the slightest. Her voice is among the most annoying I've ever heard on television in my life, no hyperbole.

And just think, somehow her sister was worse...

Dinosur

And just think, somehow her sister was worse...

elissaBlankStare.gif

I'm still 99% convinced Grodner told Elissa about MVP during casting and that's why she even showed up. Guaranteed her jury money/twitter followers without having to even play the game. Unfortunately for her, she cracked.

elissaBlankStare.gif

I'm still 99% convinced Grodner told Elissa about MVP during casting and that's why she even showed up. Guaranteed her jury money/twitter followers without having to even play the game. Unfortunately for her, she cracked.

There's no doubt about it at all. She came in to the game completely convinced she was winning shit and that she was better than everyone else there(sure it would later be confirmed somewhat true, but still). There is no doubt that Grodner completely kissed her ass leading up to going into the house.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I'm glad Elissa was there last year. Imagine a house where she doesn't break the combo and streak of Aaryn.

And Rachel was the second best part of bb12/13 (Brit and Dani were the first best)

cory64

BB15 was ruined in week 2 when Amanda Yoko'd The Moving Company and Nick was evicted instead of Elissa.
(Helen should have been evicted that week tho)

xaosslug

i already can't w/ Ariana's brother, just from the commercials. -__-

I don't get the Britney fascination, at all.

pretty much this. She was an awful person and game player, that got shafted twice because of her damn ego.

BB15 was ruined in week 2 when Amanda Yoko'd The Moving Company and Nick was evicted instead of Elissa.
(Helen should have been evicted that week tho)

what are you talking about? No one was here for the lame-ass Moving company. But, your thirst for Nick is very real, it seems.

cory64

Nick and TMC were gonna be gone pre-Jury anyway, it just would have been more interesting if McCrae didn't turn into Amanda's bitch right away.

Arianna's brother is one of those insecure, attention seeking, braggy people that I hate to see or associate with. He doesn't come off as a fun spirit, but a bitter, seeking-validation-by-saying-what-I-wish-you'd-think annoyance.

Not sure who I'm rooting for yet.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Do people think Frankle has some sort of huge advantage? His sibling has no hit singles or huge selling albums, do people even care enough about this Arina Grund to vote for her brother?

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Do people think Frankle has some sort of huge advantage? His sibling has no hit singles or huge selling albums, do people even care enough about this Arina Grund to vote for her brother?

Oh great this is gonna turn into PopGAF. She has 16 million followers.

DMeisterJ

Banned

But none of them are buying her singles or albums... I just don't see how being a somewhat known amateur singer will do for her brother. The sixteen million followers don't care to buy her singles, why would they care about her brother? Wouldn't her brother have 16M followers if they cared about her family that much?

Dinosur

I think the question is do her followers care? As of right now, I'm assuming shit like putting Elissa in the house would have a bigger "BB watchers vote" impact than Ariana's brother.

Is it still not fair? Of course. But this is BB. This is Grodner's easiest move to start off manipulating the season until she has to change course in three weeks.

But none of them are buying her singles or albums... I just don't see how being a somewhat known amateur singer will do for her brother. The sixteen million followers don't care to buy her singles, why would they care about her brother? Wouldn't her brother have 16M followers if they cared about her family that much?

She was/is in two Nickelodeon shows which is where I'm assuming the majority of her fan base originated.

If only ~100k followers(Rachel's followers) can help Elissa you don't think his ~200k followers and Ariana's 16m followers wouldn't help out Frankie?

DMeisterJ

Banned
If only ~100k followers(Rachel's followers) can help Elissa you don't think his ~200k followers and Ariana's 16m followers wouldn't help out Frankie?

Do BB fans and Nickeloden fans overlap? I don't see many 9-12 year olds being interested in anything having to do with this show. Frankie's followers could help, but he'll have people actively voting against him too. Elissa got lots of votes because she was the best option to win MVP those weeks.

Do BB fans and Nickeloden fans overlap? I don't see many 9-12 year olds being interested in anything having to do with this show. Frankie's followers could help, but he'll have people actively voting against him too. Elissa got lots of votes because she was the best option to win MVP those weeks.

Even if it's a fraction of their combined 16.2m followers it would be a whole lot more votes than Elissa ever got. It's the exact reason they probably put him on the show in the first place.

I'm certain none of them would ever actually watch the show but all Ariana has to do is tweet "My brother's in trouble, show him some love." with a link and all her drones would rush to do it.

Partition

Banned
Even if it's a fraction of their combined 16.2m followers it would be a whole lot more votes than Elissa ever got. It's the exact reason they probably put him on the show in the first place.

I'm certain none of them would ever actually watch the show but all Ariana has to do is tweet "My brother's in trouble, show him some love." with a link and all her drones would rush to do it.

Du1eGgB.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom