• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Brother US 16 |OT| Now in HD! (Unmarked Spoilers, Read OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
ummm wait WHAT??!! Grodner??? I thought they had finally replaced that flop this year last I heard! That's why I was hopeful we were finally gonna get a good season again filled with decent people (barring the godawful Caleb). UGH SO NOT IMPRESSED

cerseisideye.gif

UberTag

ummm wait WHAT??!! Grodner??? I thought they had finally replaced that flop this year last I heard! That's why I was hopeful we were finally gonna get a good season again filled with decent people (barring the godawful Caleb). UGH SO NOT IMPRESSED
Who told you that Grodner was gone? We'd have all been dancing in the streets if that was the case.

Expect the unexpected rigs ahoy!

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Who told you that Grodner was gone? We'd have all been dancing in the streets if that was the case.

Expect the unexpected rigs ahoy!

I just remember reading it after the backlash against Bigot Brother last year. Like, I remember it SO clearly! Honestly, maybe I wanted it so bad I dreamed it and that's what I'm recalling :( *sigh*

For real, somebody needs to tell Grodner to
tumblr_inline_mwlioq9haE1r3zat8.gif

lenovox1

I just remember reading it after the backlash against Bigot Brother last year. Like, I remember it SO clearly! Honestly, maybe I wanted it so bad I dreamed it and that's what I'm recalling :( *sigh*

For real, somebody needs to tell Grodner to
tumblr_inline_mwlioq9haE1r3zat8.gif

No. It was a rumor (wishful thinking, really) on Survivor Sucks and I think it may have been posted here.

Dominator

Out of the country until next week so I'll have to miss the first few episodes but I've already purchased the feeds and I'm ready for HD goodness.

UberTag

UberTag

Cody is on Team A. Zach is on Team B.
Duly noted. I tried comparing their faces. Haven't spent time gawking over their topless photos and tattoos to tell them apart yet.
Incidentally, I like that Christine and Zach are on the same team with a bunch of recruits and Jocasta. Bodes well for them.

UberTag

Thanks! It's gonna be weird having them at the start. I don't usually get it until it's discounted halfway through or so.
Live feeds at the opening stages of the BB season are typically the best as the houseguests are still feeling each other out and the dynamics are in a fluid state.

The rare exception would be when you have someone like Dan in the house pulling stunts like the funeral. Or Shelly Moore working her mindfuck magic on everyone and/or triggering chaos like the Big Jeff double eviction blindside. Or BB Canada, in general, where they happily dole out alcohol like BBUS hands out anti-depressants and we get breakdowns like Allison's "I'm a health care professional" rant.

enigmatic_alex44

The teams are also split evenly between recruits and applicants.

noooo that sounds almost as boring as "boys vs. girls".....
what sides are Zach, Amber, and Cody on btw? Of the 15* they are my early top 3
*****15 wasn't a typo, I'm already over Caleb so I'm not counting him
trash_recycle_bin_garbage.png

enigmatic_alex44

ah whoops! It's Trainwreck Tuesday and my reading comprehension has been a bit of a mess today *.*
That doesn't sound so bad actually just sucks Zach and Cody/Amber have to be opposing eachother. I'm also curious to see how Ariana Grande's brother, Jocasta and the mohawk chick will fit into this cast. Maybe someone with a huge personality will surprise me, you can only gauge so much from their pics and short youtube interviews

UberTag

I suppose applying for The Amazing Race and then getting recruited for Big Brother via the application process doesn't technically count as being recruited but I still don't consider those players as really understanding the game.

I suppose applying for The Amazing Race and then getting recruited for Big Brother via the application process doesn't technically count as being recruited but I still don't consider those players as really understanding the game.

I agree, aren't there only like three or four that actually applied for BB this season?

cory64

Derrick claims to have been watching the feeds and After Dark since BB13.
Idk, I've gotta give some sort of credit to pre-sequester game knowledge, as little as it may be. The distinctions are pretty arbitrary without having access to Kass's notes and ultimately it doesn't matter. The most dangerous thing for recruits isn't that they don't know how to play, but that they don't know what doesn't work.

edit: AMBER'S DOUGHNUT SWIMSUIT IS AMAZING can we crown her yet?
edit2: d it's like $15 at forever 21 and it's not even swimwear
edit3: actually that makes me like her even more, some of the other girls probably spent thousands on their busted wardrobe

big-brother-16-women-bikini-group-photo.jpg

cory64

Just noticed Victoria's cameltoe. Of all the photoshop in this pic, that gets untouched? Really?

I'd post the guys pic but Frankie has already scarred this thread for life.

deTURMANed22

Neo Member
Has production made Christine stop wearing her glasses? She had them on in her photo and in interviews but in more recent things (the photo above and in a few CBS commercials) she doesn't have them on anymore.

UberTag

Has production made Christine stop wearing her glasses? She had them on in her photo and in interviews but in more recent things (the photo above and in a few CBS commercials) she doesn't have them on anymore.
They always struck me as prop glasses that didn't suit her eyes or face shape anyhow.
Perhaps they were trying to downplay Aaryn comparisons.

EDIT: Oh wait, I thought you were talking about Nicole. Still getting these names confused.

Diablos

They always struck me as prop glasses that didn't suit her eyes or face shape anyhow.
Perhaps they were trying to downplay Aaryn comparisons.
Perhaps they are once again exacting their complete control over the entire process while people continue to get duped into thinking this is a legitimate "reality" show.

Perhaps they are once again exacting their complete control over the entire process while people continue to get duped into thinking this is a legitimate "reality" show.

By chosing the glasses? Come on. Survivor picks out the entire outfit of every contestant.

Even with the DR manipulation and blatant competition bias toward some contestants its still probably the least manipulated reality show there is.

Dinosur

Even with the DR manipulation and blatant competition bias toward some contestants its still probably the least manipulated reality show there is.

Let's not get crazy now :p

Grodner just getting out of bed in the morning is 100x more manipulative than Probst asking loaded tribal council questions.

Trigger

I think you're exaggerating. Most of the average reality tv fans I know are pretty cycnical about the concept of "reality" TV. No one's really getting "duped" in these things.

Let's not get crazy now :p

Grodner just getting out of bed in the morning is 100x more manipulative than Probst asking loaded tribal council questions.

I wouldn't say its less manipulated than Survivor, but at least with BB we get to see inside the house and we at least get to judge a lot of what happens in the house. Without the feeds we'd never know about DR manipulation and shit like that. Even if its more manipulated it ends up being more transparent about the what it does.

llehuty

How long is tonight's episode?. Not sure if it's worth watching it through a shitty stream starting at 3am, but I'm kind of hyped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom