• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Myth: Wukong | OT | IGNorant Ape

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Making my way through chapter 2.

I was playing way, wayyy too defensive before. Dodge, dodge, wait for right opportunity to hit.

Now I attack head on for the entire fight and barely even give him time to get in sync, like a crazy ass monkey, while dodging like I have freakin Ultra Instinct. Im slaughtering bosses way more than before.

Walk into that fight like you’re the boss and he’s facing you.

Im at the tiger boss, how early/far into chapter 2 am i?
Half way through. Remember to do side quests for each level to unlock hidden boss fights. Google them when you get to the final boss of each chapter.

Elios83

Now Chapter 6 🥇 :messenger_beermugs: 🔥 🔥

Fantastic game with excellent combat system, I also like that exploration and finding secret areas is super rewarding both in terms of equipment/leveling up and knowing more about the back story. The idea that some had that this was a boss rush is a total bs.

There have been so far a couple of super hard bosses especially late in chapter 4 (scorpionking 🤯 ) but overall it seems pretty balanced and there's always a way using the right skills/magic/tricks to make things easier.

Graphics wise is fantastic, truly next gen environments with fantastic art direction.
Basically my only complain is that I wish the story was more clear and deeply explained, it is clearly assumed that you're familiar with Journey to the West and also some basic buddist concepts.

Last edited:

Sentenza

I was playing way, wayyy too defensive before. Dodge, dodge, wait for right opportunity to hit.
It doesn't work in this game as it does in, say, From Software games, because single attacks here do virtually nothing.
What makes the bulk of any meaningful damage to bosses here is the cumulative focus of dozens of spammed hits, unleashed as a single nuke on their heads.

So yeah, you are basically forced to be super-aggressive.

Last edited:

dEvAnGeL

Gold Member
I just cant with the stutter on PC. Will wait for a few patches to see if it gets better. This is worse than Callisto Protocol when it released, at least for me. Have tried the mods to reduce it from Nexus but it doesn’t really make a difference.

Flabagast

Now I attack head on for the entire fight and barely even give him time to get in sync, like a crazy ass monkey, while dodging like I have freakin Ultra Instinct. Im slaughtering bosses way more than before.

Walk into that fight like you’re the boss and he’s facing you.

Im at the tiger boss, how early/far into chapter 2 am i?
One key perk to unlock is the one that enables you to continue light attack combo after dodge. That way you can do as much as three dodges while keeping the combo momentum and go fast towards the last heavy shot while alternating between light attacks and dodge. If you master it you can wreck ennemies by zapping around them. It’s a blast really

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
I just cant with the stutter on PC. Will wait for a few patches to see if it gets better. This is worse than Callisto Protocol when it released, at least for me. Have tried the mods to reduce it from Nexus but it doesn’t really make a difference.
Damn mine is solid 60 fps what rig do you have?

To be fair it did stutter one time but it was while my antivirus decided to do a full scan of my pc after that smooth ride.

Fess

Ah shit ☹️. Sorry I've got no other obvious tips. You can have a play around with the skill tree I guess.

If you can kill the first phase quickly with minimal damage then you can save the transformation for the second phase. Sorry I know I'am contradicting myself there
I did it! Used the wolf from the start, saved the wight for 2nd phase, got lucky on some segments and had half the flask with health potions left for phase 2.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Enjoying the game a lot but man, wish I knew more about the lore. Lots of stuff happening and cool characters showing up but I feel like I'm missing a lot here.

I know that the Chinese bros are enjoying this game far more because they have cultural connection to it, and rightfully so, but as an Indian I am also enjoying the reflected glory a lot. This game has Buddhism as core theme and since Buddhism and Hinduism are so similar, its amazing just how much I am able to follow. So many Hindi/Sanskrit words (Yogis, Tathagata, Rakshasi, Samsara, Samadhi, Tapasya....the list goes on) and Hindu concepts that I cant but feel happy when I hear them.
Not to mention that the west in 'Journey to the west' is literally India. It has elevated my experience with the game. Thank you for the reflected glory Game Science. Now I wish even more that one day someone from India makes a game of this level on Mahabharata etc.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
13700k @ 5.5
64 gigs DDR5 - 6200
Seagate Firecuda 530
Windows 11
Damn that's a fine rig you got there...Weird that it stutter, have you tweaked a bit the settings?I mean I don't know how much you know about settings but is possible that there is at last 1 setting problematic.Like I know that framegen can totally fucked the framerate with Vsync, at least it did for me, somehow the benchmark activated both and it was horrendous.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
13700k @ 5.5
64 gigs DDR5 - 6200
Seagate Firecuda 530
Windows 11
Got a 13900K and 32GB. I do get traversal stutters, but it’s far from unplayable and never happens during combat. It is mildly irritating that it’s not perfectly smooth though.

Gaiff

Just tried Yellow Loong

Oh this is gonna be hard, barely made a dent.
If he isn’t the hardest boss, he’s top 3. The difference between him and the end-game bosses is that you can go back to him much later and have become stronger. It’ll be much easier, just like with Yin Tiger.

If you face them as soon as they’re available as I have, they’re 2 of the 3 toughest bosses.

Last edited:

Sentenza

Not to mention that the west in 'Journey to the west' is literally India. It has elevated my experience with the game. Thank you for the reflected glory Game Science. Now I wish even more that one day someone from India makes a game of this level on Mahabharata etc.
Well, it's *meant* to be India, but for the little I remember when I read the book years ago, most of the places they travel through when the "journey" actually starts are fictional (or at least they are described as vaguely and with as much "artistic license" as if they were).

And yeah, buddhism being a core theme of the novel is a given, since the whole thing was just promotion for it, meant to criticize taoism and confucianism making both appear inadequate by contrast.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Well, it's *meant* to be India, but for the little I remember when I read the book years ago, most of the places they travel through when the "journey" actually starts are fictional (or at least they are described as vaguely and with as much "artistic license" as if they were).

And yeah, buddhism being a core theme of the novel is a given, since the whole thing was just promotion for it, meant to criticize taoism and confucianism making both appear inadequate by contrast.

Thank you for your comment. I haven't actually read the book so didn't know this.

So basically this book was written in 13th century and is actually based on a book written in 7th century, right? And the 7th century book was indeed a travelogue of India but Journey to the west is much more fictional (of course! There are dragons and Gods in it after all). Did I get that right?

Had no idea about the book trying to elevate Buddhism though.

Valedix

The rush of adrenaline you get when beating a boss after so many attempts is fucking amazing. Idc if magic/transformations seem as cheap, so fucking worth it.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
The rush of adrenaline you get when beating a boss after so many attempts is fucking amazing. Idc if magic/transformations seem as cheap, so fucking worth it.

True. But I personally also have very low tolerance for bosses that just spasm out and keep spamming non-stop. How am I supposed to fight them if I dont get a chance of moving or attacking at all? Maybe there are milisecond windows that I am not able to catch, but I am 36 and dont have time for that crap. Also hate when bosses pick you up in a cutscene type of attack and all you can do is watch your healthbar dwindle as you wait for control back while hoping that you dont die in the cutscene. Thankfully I am on PC and for such bosses there are trainers.

Should mention though that this game has only a couple of such bosses out of 80-90 odd bosses. Thats a big achievement. And the variety of bosses was also something to behold. These guys have achieved enormous scale and variety with unprecedented visuals; all the while keeping very fun gameplay with myriad of options and sky-high production values. Take a bow. In fact, I personally think this game was better than some fromsoft games, including Elden Ring (though not Bloodborne). There are a few things From can learn, especially regarding graphics and production values.

Toots

Gold Member
Should I try reallocate them exactly for my playstyle during the boss maybe?
You should always try to reallocate sparks if you want to try something different.
If i get my ass handed to me by a boss, i try changing the spells i use, or reallocate the sparks to use different aspects of the spells.

White clad noble was the first boss i struggled against, because of the 2 phases it can be discouraging, but actually the second phase is less hard than the first, it has less attacks and they are more easily avoidable. You need to focus on getting to the second half of the fight with the most ressources you can but be confident that if you manage to beat the first boss phase, you have all it takes to beat the second phase and win the fight.

Also there's an awakened worm and a ling ling vine (don't remember the real name) that boost your health regen in the immediate vicinity of the boss (in front of the drunken monkey cave for the vine and in a glowing pot in the temple like wooden structure - tho that might be after the noble boss fight now that i think about it-)

Toots

Gold Member
I personally think this game was better than some fromsoft games, including Elden Ring
I agree as someone who should love from games but never managed to get into any (except Sekiro and Armored Core 6).
I especially love the little buddhist tales you unlock for each ennemy faced. I love how those stories together help you understand the bigger picture of the level you're in, without having to watch a Vaatvidya video because half the clues are on a random item or the third soldier from the right asscrack, ie all the obfuscating for the sake of complicating a rather simple story.

I think the way Wukong takes from Journey to the West, which itself takes from buddhist tradition makes it effortlessly more profound, more meaningful than the esoteric stuff you find in Elden Ring for exemple. You watch a Vaatvidya video about elden ring and think what that's pretty deep with all the reference to specific mythology "created" for the game (as much as anyone can create anything), but actually there's nothing behind and most of the complexity in the story is only due to its presentation.

Here everything is clear and easily accessible, but also can prove a challenge.

The Black wind mountain is a masterclass of storytelling both environmental and practical.

I know others have put the journey to the west series somewhat jokingly but it's truly a great way to enter the Journey to the West epic. Watch this and you'll have a lot of fun finding all the references in the game.

Also look ! The CCTV has started to capitalize on the success of the game :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Well deserved imo

Last edited:

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
There are a few things From can learn, especially regarding graphics and production values.

They have nothing to learn since the almost all From games look visually better than Wukong except the technical stuff. Art style is miles better, level design is miles better, everything is better except for the modern graphical techniques. Wukong has a forest, a cave, and more forests with a few chinese temples here and there. There is visually nothing good about Wukong even if we take the technical stuff, raytracing has been used much better in other games, lumen as well ,texture quality is abysmal, animations outside of the main char are nothing impressive, enemy design outside of a few bosses is mid af. Honestly, some of you are so dried of pure singleplayer games these days that anything mid seems amazing.

Toots

Gold Member
They have nothing to learn since the almost all From games look visually better than Wukong except the technical stuff. Art style is miles better, level design is miles better, everything is better except for the modern graphical techniques. Wukong has a forest, a cave, and more forests with a few chinese temples here and there. There is visually nothing good about Wukong even if we take the technical stuff, raytracing has been used much better in other games, lumen as well ,texture quality is abysmal, animations outside of the main char are nothing impressive, enemy design outside of a few bosses is mid af. Honestly, some of you are so dried of pure singleplayer games these days that anything mid seems amazing.
Calm down dude you don't have to diminish Wukong to uplift your favorite games...
It might not be to your liking, but it's a great game with a great art direction (a spectacular one even if you're a tiny bit familiar with buddhist iconography)

Gaiff

Nah, Elden Ring should definitely learn a few things from the production values of this game. For one, NPCs are so much more dynamic and believable. You just look at the expressions and animations of characters like Xu Dog or Chen Loong, just their movements exude so much charm and personality. Elden Ring still has the same wooden characters who just stand in place while talking and lip-syncing is still a foreign concept to From Software.

That there is nothing good about Wukong is just false. It has its flaws such as the seemingly bugged textures like with FF7 Remake/Rebirth, but the lighting system even with software lumen is excellent, as are the reflections, shadows, fluid dynamics, and other things that are miles better than most games and certainly levels above From's stuff. The environmental density and dynamism are also a sight to behold. Dynamic foliage everywhere, particle effects galore, clouds of dust and sand being raised by the rushing winds, leaves twirling in the air, the wonderfully rendered clouds, and much more. The fight in clouds against Erlang in the prologue is magnificent with clouds deforming and fizzling out with every strike landed. Wukong has flaws, but it's definitely a good looking game.

Last edited:

RainyNguyen

I also prefer games with a creative art style, like FS's games, rather than games that focus on photorealism graphics. However, the animation, enemy/ NPC design in BMW are top-notch, on par with FS.
And BMW is an excellent games, I find it more enjoyable than the DLC of ER.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Nah, Elden Ring should definitely learn a few things from the production values of this game. For one, NPCs are so much more dynamic and believable. You just look at the expressions and animations of characters like Xu Dog or Chen Loong, just their movements exude so much charm and personality. Elden Ring still has the same wooden characters who just stand in place while talking and lip-syncing is still a foreign concept to From Software.

That there is nothing good about Wukong is just false. It has its flaws such as the seemingly bugged textures like with FF7 Remake/Rebirth, but the lighting system even with software lumen is excellent, as are the reflections, shadows, fluid dynamics, and other things that are miles better than most games and certainly levels above From's stuff. The environmental density and dynamism are also a sight to behold. Dynamic foliage everywhere, particle effects galore, clouds of dust and sand being raised by the rushing winds, leaves twirling in the air, the wonderfully rendered clouds, and much more. The fight in clouds against Erlang in the prologue is magnificent with clouds deforming and fizzling out with every strike landed. Wukong has flaws, but it's definitely a good looking game.

Nothing you said was in a disagreement with me. I already said on a technical level, sure Wukong is better, but technical is less impressive than art style in my eyes if all you do is explore the most boring setting ever. Ideally the realism and technical aspect of Wukong with the artstyle/location variety of From Software would be best, but we always seem to get one of the both and never both. Ghost of Tsushima, a game on PS4 and other games has done leaves flying around more spectacularly than Wukong. Facial animations mean shit when the story and the characters are hardly good or memorable. Level design is also far more important than anything else and Wukong is pretty fucking bad.

Nah I cant take anyone serious who tells me they loved exploring Wukong or the zones were breathtaking. Snow area, desert area, ugly ass caves and only very few cool scenes. Kingdom Come Deliverance and Crysis were also spectacular from a technical point but they were so boring to explore and look at. We have so many creative locations and the chinese lore is huge with amazing sceneries and all they could do is generic fucking forest. But oh, you have leaves flying around. Amazing guy.

Calm down dude you don't have to diminish Wukong to uplift your favorite games...
It might not be to your liking, but it's a great game with a great art direction (a spectacular one even if you're a tiny bit familiar with buddhist iconography)

My favorite game? No From Software games is even in my top 20 games of all time lol. I dont think I've ever rated a From game higher than 7.5.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
If we reduce wukong locations to a forest, a mountain etc, i can definitely reduce limegrave to a rocky formation with some green and a huge golden tree in the middle.

The fucking coral highlands in mhw were more awe inspiring to me than limegrave ever was.

a6d0bac45c902bc8cd6c3b4db1e98825464286f1_hq.gif

tumblr_pafq4oTjSx1wad1ngo2_540.gif

MHW-Coral_Highlands_Artwork_001.jpg

It's how different tastes work.

I think that both fromsoft and wukong can learn from each other.

Last edited:

Gaiff

Nothing you said was in a disagreement with me.
Except everything I said is in disagreement. You said Wukong doesn't doo anything good on a technical level and that's false.
I already said on a technical level, sure Wukong is better, but technical is less impressive than art style in my eyes if all you do is explore the most boring setting ever.
Yeah, we got too many AAA games exploring locales based in Ancient China...temples built into cliffsides, Daoist monasteries, Buddhist temples in the mountains, an ancient Chinese village that descends into a cave system infested by spiders, volcanoes, boring indeed.
Ideally the realism and technical aspect of Wukong with the artstyle/location variety of From Software would be best, but we always seem to get one of the both and never both. Ghost of Tsushima, a game on PS4 and other games has done leaves flying around more spectacularly than Wukong.
No, they haven't. The leaves just react to the wind and you walking through them. They don't react to wind of your sword or twirl around them like they do in Wukong.
Facial animations mean shit when the story and the characters are hardly good or memorable.
This is just a farcical attempt at downplaying the game. Whether the characters are good or not is wholly irrelevant to the quality of the animations.
Level design is also far more important than anything else and Wukong is pretty fucking bad.

Nah I cant take anyone serious who tells me they loved exploring Wukong or the zones were breathtaking. Snow area, desert area, ugly ass caves and only very few cool scenes. Kingdom Come Deliverance and Crysis were also spectacular from a technical point but they were so boring to explore and look at. We have so many creative locations and the chinese lore is huge with amazing sceneries and all they could do is generic fucking forest. But oh, you have leaves flying around. Amazing guy.

My favorite game? No From Software games is even in my top 20 games of all time lol. I dont think I've ever rated a From game higher than 7.5.
You can dumb down anything, which is what you are doing now. We get it, you don't like the game. No need to lie about its technical merits.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
You said Wukong doesn't doo anything good on a technical level and that's false.

It's not.

Yeah, we got too many AAA games exploring locales based in Ancient China...temples built into cliffsides, Daoist monasteries, Buddhist temples in the mountains, an ancient Chinese village that descends into a cave system infested by spiders, volcanoes, boring indeed.

Oh yeah different architecture in forest areas and Buddhist statutes. Very impressive, said no one ever.

No, they haven't. The leaves just react to the wind and you walking through them. They don't react to wind of your sword or twirl around them like they do in Wukong.

Is there wind in Wukong? No. You're diminishing one example that does it better just to prove a dumb point.
This is just a farcical attempt at downplaying the game. Whether the characters are good or not is wholly irrelevant to the quality of the animations.

No, its just you being in a disagreement with me as always on this forum. If you dont like it, dont reply to me. Be a sheep and consume. We will never have good games with people like you if you can;t criticize games.

You can dumb down anything, which is what you are doing now. We get it, you don't like the game. No need to lie about its technical merits.

I can dumb down anything? Yes, I can, because thats what a normal person should do. All things should be criticized, nothing is perfect. When you grow up, you'll learn that aspect.

GymWolf

Gold Member
The ground leaves tech in tsushima is inferior, there is even a gdc documentary, they don't have single physical leaves with physics, they have a stretched textures that looks like leaves, and when the character put a foot on it, some leaves fly in a precanned way with no physics.

The only physics accur when you push the wind button and the particles follow the wind direction, but they don't feel like singular objects like in wukong.

Tsushima could look more advanced because you have big places full of flowers and leaves on the ground but it's mostly precanned smoke and mirrors vs actual objects with physics.

Sentenza

Also look ! The CCTV has started to capitalize on the success of the game :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Well deserved imo

If people want a taste of the story that inspired the game there are far better adaptations.
Including a relatively recent Stephen Chow film (which is a mostly-humorous retelling of the first part of the story and it was meant to become a trilogy) or the excellent and very faithful Overly Sarcastic Productions summary in 11 videos on youtube:

Gaiff

It's not.
If you don't know what you're talking about which seems to be the case. We're done here. You have blind hatred for the game and are spouting a bunch of nonsense as a result. Imagine claiming that the lighting, object density, reflections, and environmental density in this game aren't good. I mean, you fucking said that because the characters aren't good, their animations or facial animations don't matter. Fucking what? lmao.

I criticized the game. You saying stupid shit that is wrong because you don't like the game is a whole different story. We can speak about the myriad of invisible walls or lack of verticality. To say that the game has nothing good on a technical level is complete bullshit and tells us you aren't arguing in good faith.

The ground leaves tech in tsushima is inferior, there is even a gdc documentary, they don't have single physical leaves with physics, they have a stretched textures that looks like leaves, and when the character put a foot on it, some leaves fly in a precanned way with no physics.

The only physics accur when you push the wind button and the particles follow the wind direction, but they don't feel like singular objects like in wukong.

Tsushima could look more advanced because you have big places full of flowers and leaves on the ground but it's mostly precanned smoke and mirrors vs actual objects with physics.
He'll find you an excuse to downplay it.

Last edited:

Sentenza

The way of the great character design, heaven's equal.
sokJpOm.png
The last two are actually two entirely different character. The one below is supposed to be the little boar with the rake/hoe who acts like your companion and mentor in the game. Zhu Bajie or Happosai in the Japanese equivalent.

Last edited:

Toots

Gold Member
If people want a taste of the story that inspired the game there are far better adaptations.
Including a relatively recent Stephen Chow film (which is a mostly-humorous retelling of the first part of the story and it was meant to become a trilogy) or the excellent and very faithful Overly Sarcastic Productions summary in 11 videos on youtube:

Please don't compare a monument of 80/90s television to your weird gen z AI narrated youtube video.
Everyone who watched 90s anime or sentai will prefer CCTV version a thousand times. For the music, the sound effects, the costumes, etc.

And that's just the art direction, storywise the CCTV version is actually one of the most faithful adaptation you can find that's not the book itself...

GymWolf

Gold Member
If you don't know what you're talking about which seems to be the case. We're done here. You have blind hatred for the game and are spouting a bunch of nonsense as a result. Imagine claiming that the lighting, object density, reflections, and environmental density in this game aren't good. I mean, you fucking said that because the characters aren't good, their animations or facial animations don't matter. Fucking what? lmao.

He'll find you an excuse to downplay it.
Me and cock are buddies, we hardly fight over shit like this.

Mine was just a "for the record" moment.

I'm sure a lot of people think that tsuhima leaves tech looks more impressive than wukong, we are probably talking about the 2 games with the best leaves tech on the market.

Last edited:

Sentenza

Please don't compare a monument of 80/90s television to your weird gen z AI narrated youtube video.
What the fuck are you talking about? There isn't a single second of the playlist I linked to you that is "AI narrated" and its production pre-dates AI even being an option.
Please, don't be a moron.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
You have blind hatred for the game

I dont. Most of you just simply lost your tastes and are just eating up anything mid only because these type of games are rarer. Thats a fact son. I havent even talked about it's annyoing input delay reading, shitty boss design and what not. Like I said, I'd give it a 6.5, at best 7 out of 10, which isnt exactly hate now is it? Im glad you enjoy generic UE5 forest assets and call that impressive, but you should prolly upgrade your tastes.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Official threads are more for people with an interest in the game. Grandstanding your negativity and calling out everyone who likes it is not appropriate. If you want to do a detailed breakdown of why you think it’s bad, feel free to create a separate thread.

Gaiff

I dont. Most of you just simply lost your tastes and are just eating up anything mid only because these type of games are rarer. Thats a fact son. I havent even talked about it's annyoing input delay reading, shitty boss design and what not. Like I said, I'd give it a 6.5, at best 7 out of 10, which isnt exactly hate now is it? Im glad you enjoy generic UE5 forest assets and call that impressive, but you should prolly upgrade your tastes.
Dude, most of us have spoken about the flaws of the games. We lamented the awful and inconsistent invisible walls. We pointed out the plethora of muddy textures. We complained about the level design being too simple and completely lacking verticality. We said we had trouble navigating some of the environments due to the lack of proper visual landmarks and clues to orient the player. We know this game has a lot of issues and we spoke about them at length. However, there is also a lot to love about the game such as the character design, art, aesthetics, atmosphere, and inspirations. From a technical perspective, it's very accomplished and you're sitting here trying to tell us that the lighting system isn't good or that the individual leaves particles aren't as good as in GOT when GymWolf told you exactly why you were wrong.

You said your piece. You don't like the game. I love it and know damn well it ain't perfect.

Toots

Gold Member
What the fuck are you talking about? There isn't a single second of the playlist I linked to you that is "AI narrated" and its production pre-dates AI even being an option.
Please, don't be a moron.
Calm down you too.
The annoying drone talking at the beginning of your video and the generic ugly "western anime" art misled me...
Anyway everything i said still stand, except for the AI part (which sadly makes your vid even worse).

Gaiff

Calm down you too.
The annoying drone talking at the beginning of your video and the generic ugly "western anime" art misled me...
Anyway everything i said still stand, except for the AI part (which sadly makes your vid even worse).
The video is from 8 years ago. Kinda shoulda guessed it wasn't AI lol.

Toots

Gold Member
The last two are actually two entirely different character. The one below is supposed to be the little boar with the rake/hoe who acts like your companion and mentor in the game. Zhu Bajie or Happosai in the Japanese equivalent.
I didn't even see you were nitpicking this also... Of course dude it's a joke i took the first pics i found and made my shop with it. Wukong and the yellow dragon are supposedly enough for anyone to understand the aim of the joke. But i did not take into account it would be scrutinized by my mother in law...

ANyway if you really want to show everyone on the thread you are the authority concerning 西遊記, you need to tell us who are the characters that differ from their counter parts. Who's the huge boar ? And especially who's the girl ? This is a hard one but im sure you'll get it. As for me i don't really care, journey to the west is part of my upbringing. My mother is an art historian specialized in taoïst and buddhist iconography, those stories she told me when i was a child.

PanzerCute

I think we understood your point with your last 4 arrogant, subjective (and quite ridiculous) posts.

Thank you.

Toots

Gold Member

Chris Jericho What GIF by CBC

Im flabbergasted that the problem seem to be me saying it's ai generated, which nowdays is just another way to say it's shit, and not how shit it is compared to the godlike CCTV adaptation.
I mean you have dragon ball Z sound fx and music in it, and even sentai kung fu and costumes...

Last edited:

Sentenza

It's also from a channel with a stellar reputation about having EXCELLENT content about popular stories and great commentary on common tropes in narrative (the OSP playlist of "trope talks" should be a must for anyone interested in storytelling).
But I guess the guy doesn't like her "drone voice", whatever the fuck that's supposed to mean.

Last edited:
Top Bottom