• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Myth Wukong | Review Thread

What scores do you think Black Myth: Wukong will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • 56-59%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-64%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-69%

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • 70-74%

Votes: 15 4.8%
  • 75-79%

Votes: 51 16.4%
  • 80-84%

Votes: 121 38.9%
  • 85-89%

Votes: 99 31.8%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 11 3.5%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 4 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PeteBull

Gold Member
It's more than likely the PS5 Version will be a mess, but current PC issues are due to Unreal Engine 5 and Denuvo
Yup, very likely, but game is a looker/pushes tech boundaries so lets wait patiently bit longer and see how it looks/runs on console.

Neither Hellblade 2 nor Starfield got perfect scores from WC.

Y'all need to keep your emotions in check when making these kind of claims 🤷‍♂️
Starfield review: An absolute triumph that takes the brilliance of Bethesda storytelling to the next level
A mighty slow burn — Bethesda rewards the faithful with one of Microsoft's best exclusive games in over a decade.
4.5 of 5

Senua's Saga: Hellblade II review — Absolute art on every level, but not quite perfect
It's hard to describe how amazing Senua's Saga: Hellblade II is, but it doesn't quite reach perfection.
4.5 of 5

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
Is this digital only?
They'll be releasing a physical version sometime after the game's launch (probably in a few months, that's my guess). I plan on getting the game then.

Edit: I'm also waiting to see how the performance on console is first since apparently no review codes were sent out for the PS5 version, only for PC.

Last edited:

N30RYU

gkotzvE.jpeg

Woke video game “journalists”:
200w.gif
For a second I though the one in the gif was holding a golden anal plug instead of a spoon... would be "fitting" for them

Last edited:

Crayon

Very interested in the game now. Not that I'm going to buy it right away, but I am going blind on it till I do.

Roberts

Starfield review: An absolute triumph that takes the brilliance of Bethesda storytelling to the next level
A mighty slow burn — Bethesda rewards the faithful with one of Microsoft's best exclusive games in over a decade.
4.5 of 5

Senua's Saga: Hellblade II review — Absolute art on every level, but not quite perfect
It's hard to describe how amazing Senua's Saga: Hellblade II is, but it doesn't quite reach perfection.
4.5 of 5
Both reviews spot-on

splattered

So not the GOTY contender some expected but still more than worth checking out... rating about what i estimated at i think? Like i said previously i'll pick this up eventually on Xbox once it's actually ported and hopefully optimized better for PS/XB consoles.

Stuart360

Screenrant seriously complained the lack of diversity in a game based in chinese mythology, where it takes place in ANCIENT CHINA?!

Ahahahahahahah.

What a bunch of retarded propaganda activists.:messenger_tears_of_joy:
Slightly off topic but it will be interesting to see if 'Kingdom Come Deliverence 2' sticks to its historic factual setting, or if the devs fold after the 'backlash' from the loons with the first game.

Last edited:

PeteBull

Gold Member
What if it’s all bait.
In current social media world u got some women show themself buttnekkid for a like or follow, so nothing surprises me at that point, review definitely brought tons of clicks to the site so i guess for them its win win strategy.
Now they can even claim victimhood of how bad gamers "threaten" their safety, so even more clicks, article writes itself :p

Reaseru

What is more ironic is that this comes from the same group of lunatics what screamed cultural appropriation and misrepresentation against Hoyoverse because of some characters based in african myths staring in Genshin Impact.

Last edited:

PeteBull

Gold Member
Slightly off topic but it will be interesting to see if 'Kingdom Come Deliverence 2' sticks to its historic factual setting, or if the devs fold after the 'backlash' from the loons with the first game.
Devs wont fold, no worries, i watched some of their dev streams when they actually make fun of woke journos(just in a bit hidden way, but if u know- u know ;p), they are from eastern europe like myself, so not brainwashed/obliged to pretend to show wokeness.
So tldr no black knights/women wearing 50lbs heavy plate armors or slashing male knights left and right that wokeists would love to see there ;)
Here this european youtuber explain it from our european pov, its obviously totally opposite from western/american/progressive pov, and thats good.

PeteBull

Gold Member
Removed for safety OR Removed as they'll never be taken seriously again in their life

TT4uGbq.jpeg

Lets just quote on how the reviewer describes herself, shows u how much actual "profesional journos" live in clown world.

She is passionate about creativity and cultural representation within entertainment media and enjoys writing about games that value diversity and inclusivity.
In other words, another DEI hire promoting spreading that insane woke agenda :)

Last edited:

hinch7

hJehnef.jpeg

Can we cancel culture screen rant for this annoying ass opinion? This is truly what is poisoning our society. NOT EVERYTHING HAS TO BE FOR OR REPRESENT EVERYONE!!
Not sure what the fuck that has to do with anything. Journey to the West was written centries ago and depicitions and adaptations for the Monkey King en all could've been seen in media by nearly everyone the past several decades. Including Dragon Ball; who's characters and story was clearly heavily inspired from. Gaming 'writers' of today man..

In any case, game looking good from reviews. Will give it a go.

Last edited:
Top Bottom