• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Myth Wukong | Review Thread

What scores do you think Black Myth: Wukong will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • 56-59%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-64%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-69%

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • 70-74%

Votes: 15 4.8%
  • 75-79%

Votes: 51 16.4%
  • 80-84%

Votes: 121 38.9%
  • 85-89%

Votes: 99 31.8%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 11 3.5%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 4 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
giphy.gif
LgZlq2s_d.webp

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
The thing that actually annoys -and to be truthful, depresses me - about comments like that found in the Screenrant review, is the blatant, brazen, INTOLERANCE that lies behind marking down something because it doesn't conform to your socio-political ideology.
It is an opinion piece though. They’re allowed to dislike or mark points as they see fit. It should be pointed and laughed at, sure. If people are upset that crazy people’s review scores are bringing down overall scores at places like metacritic, isn’t that on metacritic to not allow that person/publication/site?

PeteBull

Gold Member
The thing that actually annoys -and to be truthful, depresses me - about comments like that found in the Screenrant review, is the blatant, brazen, INTOLERANCE that lies behind marking down something because it doesn't conform to your socio-political ideology.
Its for the very simple reason- those woke zealots arent tolerant/inclusive at all, 0 margins for diversity of thoughts or opinions even tho they pretend to be for diversity.

Dynasty8

It's evil. It's unprofessional.

Their mind was made up WAY before even playing the game. Basically going into this "review" with the mindset of "I hate these developers because they don't believe in the same things I do".

This is sadly where we are in some parts of the world today. We're getting fed bullshit instead of the truth due to radical bias.

I don't even care about this game, but this needs to stop.

yazenov

Read through the Techradar review and they don't take any of that 'sexist controversy' into consideration. GHG GHG I guess she just put that one line so nobody else from her circle accuses her of neglecting the issue.

I guess too much gaming affects your eyesight. That's a dude playing make-believe cosplay. I bet you 100% he has an XY chromosome :p .

Last edited:

digdug2

This Screen Rant debacle may be the tipping point where I just stop reading all journalistic media altogether. I'm sick of these people shoving their DEI views down my throat at every possible opportunity.

No more site traffic, video views, or ad revenue from me. Maybe if we hit them where it hurts (the pocketbook), they'll learn. I highly doubt it though.

Needlecrash

Game sounds pretty solid. I'll wait for a physical PS5 version. Waiting for my PC key atm. Kinda sus that no one shows footage of Chapter 2 and beyond thanks to the developer/publisher rules due to "technical issues". Pretty scummy. Here's to hoping the PC issues can get fixed. Overall, solid reviews across the board....minus that shitty ScreenRant LMAO. You wanna talk about diversity in a game that's based of Journey to the West???? As an American who's black, the world doesn't revolve around you, you western entitled shit.

panda gtfo GIF

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
This Screen Rant debacle may be the tipping point where I just stop reading all journalistic media altogether. I'm sick of these people shoving their DEI views down my throat at every possible opportunity.

No more site traffic, video views, or ad revenue from me. Maybe if we hit them where it hurts (the pocketbook), they'll learn. I highly doubt it though.
For me it was when most of the mainstream gaming sites refused to even acknowledge the existence of Hogwarts Legacy. The legacy gaming press is just totally debased and irrelevant at this point.

I’ll read through some user reviews and maybe watch some YouTube videos from creators I trust, and who are clearly passionate about gaming and not trying to push an agenda. And maybe click a couple reviews from the smaller sites if they seem legit.

GHG

Gold Member
Like cyberpunk if you play this on console you lose.

We actually don't know that yet.

There are already reports of the dreaded shader compilation stutter on PC.

Hopefully that gets sorted before the game is out but if not I'm ready to just raw dog it on PS5 if the framerates are more consistent there and can hold 60.

Top Bottom