• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade Kitten |OT| Ah! Ur So Good At Fighting.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
5YRHA.png
aD4aPh.jpg

U03ZRh.jpg

ooC8nh.jpg

Click the image to view more screen shots, simply refresh the page to cycle through.

Click the image to view more screen shots, simply refresh the page to cycle through.​

l7cRfh.jpg

HLkPRh.jpg
VqbDGh.jpg
-

Yes I'm aware it's a pretty full on OT and it looks a tad confusing.. but I didn't think to see how it would look on GAF until now..

Special thanks to Ydahs for his work on the screenshot and concept art links.

Further Info can be found at:

www.bladekitten.com
www.facebook.com/bladekitten
www.twitter.com/bladekitten

Edit:

Some additional information I just found on Steam

An epic “tail” like no other
Follow Kit through 19 levels including 3 exploration levels with her rideable alien mount Noot, as she travels around the colorful, frenetic world of Hollow Wish.

Intuitive “scramble style exploration”
Kit’s innate feline abilities enable her to easily traverse environments and find hidden areas.

Pick-up-and-play arcade action
Jump right in and easily begin exploring and fighting your way through multiple levels loaded with secret areas and hidden collectibles.

Fully voiced dialogue
Featuring a cast of 9 professional voice actors playing a total of 23 characters.Join Kit, Skiffy and the Darque Blade in this all new action adventure game!​

HolyCheck

pje122 said:
Wow, you're right... what is going on with the art direction...?

A lot of the images I sourced were probably old images!

I was just grabbing them from where ever I could!

perhaps we could secure an interview with someone on the team and they might like to answer some questions!

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
I'm really digging the artstyle. It's the gameplay that I'm not so sure of.

Shaneus

Syth_Blade22 said:
A lot of the images I sourced were probably old images!

I was just grabbing them from where ever I could!

perhaps we could secure an interview with someone on the team and they might like to answer some questions!
Is Gaz on this one?

HolyCheck

riceandbeans said:
Any word on the price yet and whether this is going to be $10 or $15?
$14.99 USD on Steam

and Rusty.. pre order it on steam and you get this bonus costume!

Kit_SteamExclusive502X218.jpg

Oh fuck. The 15 year old deviantartists of my generation are now old enough to make video games professionally.

I kid. Could be fun, but the art style is very reminiscent of "look at the anthropomorphic manga-style version of myself I drew!!!"

mrpeabody

Here is what makes a good OT OP:

- a few reasonably-sized screenshots
- a brief clear textual summary of the gameplay
- some thoughtful analysis of existing trailers, staff credits, etc
- reasons for hype, if any

In other words, the OP should be something you can read and quickly learn what you need to know about an upcoming game.

Fredescu

mrpeabody said:

In other words, the OP should be something you can read and quickly learn what you need to know about an upcoming game.
- pictures of pink cats

You pass syth!

Mar

HappyBivouac said:
Oh fuck. The 15 year old deviantartists of my generation are now old enough to make video games professionally.

Hah! This is a pretty good observation actually.

mrpeabody said:

Have you seen any OT's in the last few years? Brief? Jesus man they're larger than the manuals and art books that come with the game.

Gooboo

I should mention that I'm the "Steve" responsible for this game.

You might as well use this topic to ask me questions about the game and I'll answer as best I can.

HolyCheck

Gooboo said:

You might as well use this topic to ask me questions about the game and I'll answer as best I can.

*shakes your hand* Welcome!

your being impressed means all the world now!

kiryogi

Banned
Gooboo said:

What version do you recommend? :D I got a choice of either PS3 or PC. Leaning towards PC, but the comfort of my living room and a 46in TV is what awaits if I got PS3.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I too am curious about the preferred platform. I wouldn't mind picking it up and playing it when I don't feel like playing Reach.

mrpeabody

I just meant that OPs should be informative. Most official threads here have fantastic OPs, but this one needs some work. Specifically, it needs more screenshots (meaning more than zero), fewer humongous custom images, and a description of gameplay. Don't make people click through to a separate site to see the content; that defeats the purpose.

About the game, I dunno. So far I see a no-name developer and amateur-looking art.

Edit: Just watched a trailer. It appears to be a cel-shaded 2.5d platformer with some melee combat.

Gooboo

kiryogi said:
What version do you recommend? :D I got a choice of either PS3 or PC. Leaning towards PC, but the comfort of my living room and a 46in TV is what awaits if I got PS3.

Probably PS3- big screen and sound FTW.

Though PC version does run at higher resolutions and support gamepad and Mouse/Keyboard controls. There's also the steam bonus costume if you're so inclined.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Hope your game does well.

I'll wait for the demo. Good luck to the guy on Neogaf who's people are involved with this.

Gooboo said:
Probably PS3- big screen and sound FTW.

Though PC version does run at higher resolutions and support gamepad and Mouse/Keyboard controls. There's also the steam bonus costume if you're so inclined.
why is there no bonus costume on ps3?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I feel like the 'kitten' part is kind of misleading. Aside from the ears, I don't see any cat resemblance. Will wait for a real cat-based game.

Snuggler said:
I feel like the 'kitten' part is kind of misleading. Aside from the ears, I don't see any cat resemblance. Will wait for a real cat-based game.
The tail and the implied whiskers don't do anything for you eh?

Gooboo

akachan ningen said:
why is there no bonus costume on ps3?

Because the PC version had to make up for not being on PS3?

Nah seriously it's a just a simple gesture to Steam. Don't fret there's a similar costume in the game already, just a different color.

Gooboo

Snuggler said:

You know, If I had more time I would have done a retro NES style flash game featuring THAT version of a Blade Kitten.

Maybe I still will.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Gooboo said:
You know, If I had more time I would have done a retro NES style flash game featuring THAT version of a Blade Kitten.

Maybe I still will.

I'm thinking of something more like a cat simulation, like a day in a cat's life but modern technology is probably not ready for that kind of thing.
I'll definitely check out your game, though, what I've seen looks pretty cool .

Snuggler said:
I'm thinking of something more like a cat simulation, like a day in a cat's life but modern technology is probably not ready for that kind of thing.
I'll definitely check out your game, though, what I've seen looks pretty cool .
dogs%20life%20ps2.jpg

It is! I can't imagine a cat's life being much more complicated than a dog's.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
YianGaruga said:
It is! I can't imagine a cat's life being much more complicated than a dog's.
Dogs walk around in circles all day and shit on the ground.
Cats do much more exciting shit, like chase down rodents and fight off ghosts. You wouldn't understand.

Top Bottom