• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul Beta Thread: East Finally Meets West

Chariot

Just to confirm: the premium points get resetted too and it's relativ3ly cheap to buy premium with them, right? I am going to purchase the lowewt Founder Pack. Might be able to suit up EU gaffers for the long CBT3 week with premium.

Hooooly shit that's a hell of a lot earlier than predicted. Let's fucking go!

Not really. We knew it was coming out Q1 2016 and we also knew the CBT dates only went into the end of 2015. It would have been silly to not launch in January.

There's really not much left for them besides "test" the FR/DE clients during the CBT.

Anyways, here's the official release: http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/blade-soul-launches-january-19-2016/

At launch, Blade & Soul will have a max level of 45, with access to the 1v1 Arena, and two dungeons not seen in our recent Closed Beta tests: Blackram Supply Chain, and E. Fleet Supply Chain. A regular cadence of content updates and patches are planned and in-progress, and we’ll have more information on upcoming content soon after release.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I meant to say than "I predicted". I knew it was coming out Q1 but I honestly felt that a late Feb release was more probable. Not that I'm complaining about being wrong though.

SDBurton

KFM for life, only other class I'll play is the Tai-Chi Master when they come out. They look so sick.

Also happy to know I won't have to sit on my OT for 3+ months. Made the damn thing back in September and I've been dying to post it.

SDBurton

Are there no key giveaways for CBT3? I got my Founder Pack now, but I wanted to play with a friend that does not.

Keys will be sent out on Monday. Have your friend sign up on their newsletter if they haven't already. If I come across any I'll let you know as well.

Man https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f45vm4oCnl8 just kills me. The Lyn skipping. XD

Yes, this is definitely a KMMO. LMAO

Not really. We knew it was coming out Q1 2016 and we also knew the CBT dates only went into the end of 2015. It would have been silly to not launch in January.

There's really not much left for them besides "test" the FR/DE clients during the CBT.

Anyways, here's the official release: http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/blade-soul-launches-january-19-2016/

So what's the level cap in Korea B&S right now? How many content patches behind will NA be at launch?

Yes, this is definitely a KMMO. LMAO

So what's the level cap in Korea B&S right now? How many content patches behind will NA be at launch?

Cap is 50+hongmoon level(I think 20 of them). We start at 45, without hongmoon I believe. We're basically like on the first few content patches. We however have all the various reworks and class changes and stuff, or most of them. We're on version 3.0 while korea is on 3.2 I believe atm but they said we might be getting the most recent patch for release. So it's kinda weird, because we have old content but new balance, which makes some stuff kinda broken in some parts.

Altima

Food system really need a fix. They removed all cheap food and replace with the best one but it costs 5 silver which is ridiculous for beginner.

Chariot

Food system really need a fix. They removed all cheap food and replace with the best one but it costs 5 silver which is ridiculous for beginner.
Game is showering you with the orange potions and the white buns, can't see me running out in the future, I got 40+ of both and I use them now and then. I don't think there is a need to buy any.

You're not really supposed to buy them. Just use the ones you get from quests, buy them from the AH(they're like 20-30coppers there iirc) or craft them on an alt. But really the quests should be enough, you get like 150 on the way to 45 just from quests and the random drops and stuff, and you barely should be using any of them. Only time I had to eat was after I died or after a very large pull, both of which aren't very frequent(well large pulls maybe if you're grinding, but should still be fine).

It's the same for potions, you get like 100s of them leveling up from quests and stuff.

SDBurton

You should also do daily dashes, as there's a chance you get food and potions from those as well.

NeOak

Interested in this. What is the server GAF is playing during the CBT? Is it Mushin? Will it be the same server after launch?
I was the GM of the PvE TERA GAF guild

SDBurton

Interested in this. What is the server GAF is playing during the CBT? Is it Mushin? Will it be the same server after launch?
I was the GM of the PvE TERA GAF guild

Hey NeOak! We are on the Mushin server for CBT. Whether we'll stick with Mushin come release is still undecided at this time. Have you bought a founder's pack already?

We are on Mushin. This CBT we should do some group content with the clan. We'll need to set a schedule

Definitely. Heading to work right now, but when I get back home this afternoon we'll talk and set something up.

Azull

When is the next closed beta test happening? Praying that I can grab a key from those giveaways to see if it's as awesome as I hoped it would be all those years ago. Probably going to pick up a founders pack if it's decent.

What's the general impressions so far GAFbros/sis's?

Chariot

When is the next closed beta test happening? Praying that I can grab a key from those giveaways to see if it's as awesome as I hoped it would be all those years ago. Probably going to pick up a founders pack if it's decent.

What's the general impressions so far GAFbros/sis's?
Tomorrow.

It's fun. I heard it's getting repetitive in late game, but thus far I was always sad and displeased when the CBT ended.

SDBurton

Reddit is doing a beta key giveaway. Was trying to post earlier but my work computer blocks GAF. :/

The thread can be found here.

Looks like Alienware may be participating as well: https://na.alienwarearena.com/giveaways

Nothing is up yet, so in the meantime you may want to create an account with them so you can snag a key.

SDBurton

Well damn, guess they probably sent out the codes to everyone already?

I'll have to keep an eye out on that thread, thanks! Did I miss most of the giveaways already though?

I dont't think they've started yet thankfully.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
How do you do that strut walk anyway?

SDBurton

Nice! Keep trying the Alienware site guys. It's getting hit hard right now but they definitely still have keys up for grabs!

Mentat

Banned
Hi, because of an eye disorder, I can't play games that have bloom or HDR. Can someone please tell me if there is a way to completely, 100% disable bloom and HDR in this game? Thank you.

SDBurton

For those who are just now joining us for CBT3 be sure to create your character on the Mushin server so either myself or Ultimadrago can gift you a premium membership (allows you to skip login queues among other nifty things). :)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Cant try for alienware key at work so putting all my hopes that ncsoft will send me one but after not getting in weekend 2 im not holding my breath. Will Warlock be available this time?

Top Bottom