• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

Couple of things:

Destroyer is at 45 and done with story! Woo! Now, I picked up the Moonwater SS to start. With the current content, should I aim for Mushin's SS or PoH first while I catch up on gear?

Well Mushin is better, but doing Mushin might prove difficult with bad gear. Blackram is nice, but still kinda costly, mostly due to the seals. It's 30silvers per piece so 2.4g for the full set. On the flipside, it's a ton more damage than moonwater and you can get the full set in like 2runs of poh6 since everyone pass on them nowadays and just want to get the daily done. You can also get a Siren belt and bracers while you're at it, so that's nice.

So I wanna say, Blackram is probably worth it, but never bid more than like 1silver on a soul shield for it. If you can do mushin 1-6 with your current gear though(unlikely you can do 7), then don't bother with blackram and just go mushin. Can also farm Nightshade a lot for BSH soulshield, but the drop rate isn't that good in the 24man and going to the 6man you'd get a lot of hate for having crappy gear.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Well Mushin is better, but doing Mushin might prove difficult with bad gear. Blackram is nice, but still kinda costly, mostly due to the seals. It's 30silvers per piece so 2.4g for the full set. On the flipside, it's a ton more damage than moonwater and you can get the full set in like 2runs of poh6 since everyone pass on them nowadays and just want to get the daily done. You can also get a Siren belt and bracers while you're at it, so that's nice.

So I wanna say, Blackram is probably worth it, but never bid more than like 1silver on a soul shield for it. If you can do mushin 1-6 with your current gear though(unlikely you can do 7), then don't bother with blackram and just go mushin. Can also farm Nightshade a lot for BSH soulshield, but the drop rate isn't that good in the 24man and going to the 6man you'd get a lot of hate for having crappy gear.

Yeah, definitely don't need the hate. =)

Thanks!

Chariot

Just found out u can skip certain parts of a dungeon by backstepping through the door. Am I the last one to find out about it or is it not that common? Could do it at the end of BSH at the part with the flamethrowers and at Ogong's dungeon u can backstep through every door towards Ogong itself lol.

I hope btw they are giving us some time to upgrade our stuff before they drop the lvl 50 content bomb. Is there anything between Naryu Lab/Mushin 8 and lvl 50?
I did use that bug in Tomb, didn't know Ogong and BSH worked too. Need to exploit that today.

Hoplatee

I feel really stupid for asking but how do you even get Hexagonal Gem Fragments?

I know they do drop from some bosses so is it just a case of spamming F on bosses and be lucky? If so, that's a bit lousy for a ranged class...

Buying lousy gems for 1g each to salvage doesn't seem right either. Am I missing something? I got around 100 of each other gem, just not that one. On both characters combined I have... 7

Chariot

I feel really stupid for asking but how do you even get Hexagonal Gem Fragments?

I know they do drop from some bosses so is it just a case of spamming F on bosses and be lucky? If so, that's a bit lousy for a ranged class...

Buying lousy gems for 1g each to salvage doesn't seem right either. Am I missing something? I got around 100 of each other gem, just not that one. On both characters combined I have... 7
You can transmute hexagonal gems from pentagonal fragments and then salvage those for hexagonal fragments.

Hoplatee

You can transmute hexagonal gems from pentagonal fragments and then salvage those for hexagonal fragments.

Ah yes, I see now. So obvious that I missed it. :/

Thanks!

e) Lol. First green gem I make like that is worth over 3 gold. Not bad. Doubt it will sell but hey.

Ken

Should you farm Dokumo SS before doing Blackram?

yaffi

Just do the dailies in the 24 man dungeons (poh/nsh) and you'll quickly amass good enough ss pieces to do the 6 man content and the tower. The most important thing is to increase your HP pool.

Definitely not, it costs a ton to unseal and the stats are pretty much garbage. Lots of crit, low health, you'll just die to everything you don't dodge which if you don't know the dungeons yet means you'll spend more time dead than alive. Going straight blackram is fine, poh6 nowadays is generally 4-5 overgeared people wanting to do the daily in 15mins, so they pass on all the loot and can carry you np, and Blackram is really solid, you get a decent amount of health and fairly good damage stats if you get at least a couple of crit rolls on them. Also do your 24man nightshade daily(try to find a group as it goes faster that way especially ungeared), generally get 1 or 2 pieces there, and if you get the right ones, you'll get a massive boost in damage.

Soulshield isn't what you should aim for first though. Obviously, a better soulshield is better, but really the only thing that matters a lot for your soulshield is having enough base health that you don't get whacked by everything in one hit, which the crappy moonwater provides. Infuse with green crit blackram(one infuse per piece only, using like #4 to #7 since #8 is expensive, costs like 80silvers total) to get like 35% crit, and you're good.

You want to focus all your attention on farming gold, so you can upgrade your weapon to true profane, your accessories to infernal and buy a 25AP diamond, or if you can't afford it, at least 19AP. Note that for upgrading gear, tomb of exiles purples are very good, it's soloable relatively easily at 45 and drops like 2weapons(one in chest, one on the boss) and 4 or 5pieces of jewelry. Run it a dozen of times and you'll have enough fodder to upgrade all your gear for cheap. Use Cold Iron blue weapons from poh24 to finish the weapon upgrades, never use greens that are 37+.

Only then your soul shield will matter I'd say. Getting a good soul shield if the rest of your gear is crap isn't gonna do much, you'll have 10%more crit but still hit like a wet noodle. A large part of the crit you gets from soulshields is from infuses, so as long as you infuse all pieces, you'll have a decent enough critrate.

Yushi

Guys keep in mind Walorck is more of a buff Master. They are good dps, but they mostly taken in groups for the buffs.

arimanius

It's maddening I can't decide on a class. Have a 45 KFM, a 44 Destroyer, and 43 BM and they are all "ok". Nothing really standing out.

Uhg, Bloodshade Harbor is nightmarish to run. Some people are just bad and/or shouldn't be in there.

I can't make excuses for myself either though. Tanking venomous lasher? Easy peasy. Tanking blood mane? I laugh at your blood mane. Tanking the twins? LOL.

Tanking Hae Mujin? Dead in 2 minutes. I just really struggle tanking the guy. Need more practice I guess, but I keep missing his animations and stuff I think I can dodge by moving behind him hits you still and all that jazz. Even using kaoliang ju didn't help me that much.

Uhg, Bloodshade Harbor is nightmarish to run. Some people are just bad and/or shouldn't be in there.

I can't make excuses for myself either though. Tanking venomous lasher? Easy peasy. Tanking blood mane? I laugh at your blood mane. Tanking the twins? LOL.

Tanking Hae Mujin? Dead in 2 minutes. I just really struggle tanking the guy. Need more practice I guess, but I keep missing his animations and stuff I think I can dodge by moving behind him hits you still and all that jazz. Even using kaoliang ju didn't help me that much.

A lot of his aoes are really weird. Mostly there's only 2 things to keep track of when you're tanking him, first is when he does the side flex pose thing, like super hero stuff(first pic I found on google: https://36.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lydz59EhAq1r2mumdo1_500.jpg ), after that he jumps with an unblockable, and if you get hit he grabs you then spins you around for massive damage. This one you either want to get behind him(aoe seems mostly frontal on his jump), or SS away from him. If you SS though, you want to charge back into melee range right away, or block, because he'll do a shoulder charge for massive damage. The 2nd thing is when the shadow is there and it stops spinning, Hae Mujin will start spinning himself, and you definitely don't want to be your back against a wall cause he'll just spin combo you into the wall and you can easily die.

Everything else is blockable, and you should really be blocking everything as a bunch of it has stuns/dazes/knockdown which leads to grabs. Like basically, as soon as he does some weird movement, just block and it should be fine. If he points at you, he'll do the 4 moves in a row thing, block the first, then block the 4th(or well, ready a block in case he targets you), as 4th throws you in the air.

Only other unblockable is when he does the super saiyan stuff and bits of earth start flying around, that's a large aoe around him(you can see the red circle in 6man anyway, but in 4man you need to avoid it without seeing it). And obviously, the lightning stuff at the end.

A lot of his aoes are really weird. Mostly there's only 2 things to keep track of when you're tanking him, first is when he does the side flex pose thing, like super hero stuff(first pic I found on google: https://36.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lydz59EhAq1r2mumdo1_500.jpg ), after that he jumps with an unblockable, and if you get hit he grabs you then spins you around for massive damage. This one you either want to get behind him(aoe seems mostly frontal on his jump), or SS away from him. If you SS though, you want to charge back into melee range right away, or block, because he'll do a shoulder charge for massive damage. The 2nd thing is when the shadow is there and it stops spinning, Hae Mujin will start spinning himself, and you definitely don't want to be your back against a wall cause he'll just spin combo you into the wall and you can easily die.

Everything else is blockable, and you should really be blocking everything as a bunch of it has stuns/dazes/knockdown which leads to grabs. Like basically, as soon as he does some weird movement, just block and it should be fine. If he points at you, he'll do the 4 moves in a row thing, block the first, then block the 4th(or well, ready a block in case he targets you), as 4th throws you in the air.

Only other unblockable is when he does the super saiyan stuff and bits of earth start flying around, that's a large aoe around him(you can see the red circle in 6man anyway, but in 4man you need to avoid it without seeing it). And obviously, the lightning stuff at the end.

Sounds like I was just being too aggressive trying to dps through some of his regular attacks and should have just been blocking more. The other big problem I was having is that when the shadow is up I am not entirely certain what I should be doing as the tank. Should I just stay on him, or move to the shadow? I really need to work on my footwork/kiting when they are both up and one is spinning.

Chariot

Sounds like I was just being too aggressive trying to dps through some of his regular attacks and should have just been blocking more. The other big problem I was having is that when the shadow is up I am not entirely certain what I should be doing as the tank. Should I just stay on him, or move to the shadow? I really need to work on my footwork/kiting when they are both up and one is spinning.
From hat I gathered so far, firstly the shadow spins, while the regular one fights. You need to tank him, while holding an eye our for the spinner to step aside to not get knocked down, if you are not doing much damage, they will switch, tank the non spinning shadow then until he's gone.

Cidd

lvl 45 Blade Dancer and Summoner already done now working on a Assassin already lvl 39 while leveling my crafting and gathering guilds.

Am I addicted Gaf?

nah I think I'm fine....

Shadow is handled differently from group to group. Some kill it, some burn the boss(it despawns when the boss reaches 50%). The shadow obeys normal aggro table and will spin towards whoever has aggro.

Best way to handle it imo is have a summoner or FM dump damage on the shadow(summoner can just sunflower both) as it spawns to have aggro. You as the tank should be careful not to aoe it, for KFM it shouldn't be an issue but don't be me an Blade Call with threat buff up when he goes in the mid, cause it'll take forever for the caster to get it back. Then the shadow will spin towards them(so away from melees), at which point they want to position so the shadow spins along one of the ropes from one corner to another, so it doesn't cross the middle and annoy melees. A good ranged can just back and forth to avoid the spins while everyone else full DPS the boss, which should despawn the shadow before Hae Mujin even spins himself.

And yeah you shouldn't too agressive on this fight while tanking as he punishes REALLY hard. Just play it safe, you can burn him when he spawns the shadow for a good lead in threat, and the last 30-40% he'll just be spamming lightning anyway so threat doesn't matter at that point. Helps if you have a summoner/destroyer/BD who can grab/grip him early on so you can get some easy threat in, so you can just focus on playing defensive after that.

If you want something more immediate you can farm Taywong and Myo in the Misty Woods PVP Faction area for the Moonwater Arena SS. Tons of HP on that one and good enough until you can maximize your SS build with crit pieces from BSH and Mushin's Tower. There is usually always a large group of Ceruleans farming them so they go down pretty fast and you can get 160+ tokens to buy the complete SS in around an hour or so.

Cidd

I tried out Warlock on the Japan server, They start slow but oh boy the burst and ccs are godly.

This was the Class I wanted to main all along.

Hoplatee

Jeez. Wanted to get some Hexagonal Gem Fragments today so I asked here how to get them if you are slow on F spam. Ended up selling most of the green gems I crafted instead of salvaging them for fragments. Made around 50g from that haha.

Some went for 11 or 13 gold. Madness

Edit - i can craft that valentine gem. Worth it?

tatsuki

I had no idea moonwater pickaxes and quartz skyrocketed in price. I've been sitting on so much of both. I'm tempted to sell with these prices.

tatsuki

Why are they skyrocketing again? For crafting the Transformation Stones?

I'm guessing that would be the reason. I remember cinderlands silicate being more expensive than moonwater quartz just a few days ago. They're at around 70 silver each while pickaxes are going for 1g each right now.

Pejo

Hey guys, anyone in the Believe It clan, can you kick Pejo and invite Vexid, my (new) main character? I'll be on for a few hours at least.

Ken

Is there a way to farm Naryu Coins? I think dailies gave them but outside of that does anything else award them consistently?

Is there a way to farm Naryu Coins? I think dailies gave them but outside of that does anything else award them consistently?

You get Naryu coins from the 24 man dungeon boss drops. Each box from NSH24 gives some, and E. Supply as well I believe. Those plus the dailies keeps your supply nice and healthy.

Ken

Fuck yeah, it's rude, why is that even a question. Also in 24, the bosses are like world bosses, so if you don't do anything, you won't get anything.

No I mean if I've done the dailies already and I just want to go to boss spawns with the group instead of running around bopping trash mobs. I know you don't get anything for just idling at the spawn.

Party finder doesn't seem to allow comments so I have no idea if a group I'm applying for is there on dailies or farming boss chests.

I only hit 45 today so I'm still trying to figure out stuff since the 24-man instance is a weird hybrid of ideas.

I've never seen a group that only farms 24man chests, because there isn't much point really. In any case, you don't need a group if you just want bosses, just wait for the spawns and attack the boss when other teams show up.

No I mean if I've done the dailies already and I just want to go to boss spawns with the group instead of running around bopping trash mobs. I know you don't get anything for just idling at the spawn.

Party finder doesn't seem to allow comments so I have no idea if a group I'm applying for is there on dailies or farming boss chests.

I only hit 45 today so I'm still trying to figure out stuff since the 24-man instance is a weird hybrid of ideas.

It beats the shit out of Diadem from what I heard. I quit before Diadem was released so I never tried it myself.

In general, a group forming in the party finder is a new group which wants to do everything. People might join who only want bosses or Poh/MM or whatever so they'll do what they want and then drop, it's nbd since you don't need a full 6 to do anything. So you can expect to complete all dailies, bosses and trash, with a group that just formed in the party finder and entered Poh24 or Bsh24.

You'll soon be swimming in Naryu Coins, you don't need to farm them. I have 700 of the damn things. Just do dailies everyday and you won't know what to do with them soon.

Fighting bosses only is fine, you don't really need a group to do it though. Just ask for a rez in say after the boss is dead if you died to loot your stuff, and if you're not dead then it's fine. You don't get shared credit in groups, so being in a group or not doesn't change much besides benefiting from a KFM fighting spirit.

I only group in 24man when I'm trying to get Mak Sobo in E fleet, and sometimes people see me grinding mobs and invite me to grind the same mobs for the kill quests, but most of the time I do everything solo.

Top Bottom