• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

yaffi

No after the game launched. Well I guess after the file check might work too, I just do it on the char login screen. A few files are write protected but didn't seem to affect anything, that's always how I did it before.

Well, the solution is kinda backwards, but if it's the only way right now...

Thanks!

There's a desktop authenticator program. Can't remember if it was google but I used it with Wildstar and I found it from NCSoft's page, IIRC.

The one I'm looking at right now links to the google mobile app.

I guess I'll try looking at the WildStar page.

EDIT: The Wildstar page just has the mobile app as well.

Kind of dumb that you need a phone just to do this.

EDIT 2: Found it under Supported Devices. Thanks for the tip.

arimanius

I have no idea which class to take to 50. Have 45 assassin, bm, kfm, destroyer, and warlock. Now would be a good time to decide on a main. *sigh*

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
gonna retry the game again now :D gonna roll with a force master i think

now that i have more free time :D

I'm actually curious why you don't have a cell phone.

I don't have a use for one.

The authenticator program I'm using now works so I guess that's not really a concern anymore.

However I'm still missing everything that was taken.

Back when I used to play WoW I came back after a hiatus to find my Pally stripped of everything but after contacting support Blizzard gave me everything back so I'm hoping NCSoft does the same here.

Finish today's episode of Arrow now time to dig into to this expansion.

Lol at the foul mouth granny but why are they censoring the words or is there an option where I can turn that off.

Wow, this is fucking hilarious.

Support's been giving me a run around asking me inane questions when the proof is in their own logs that they even sent me a notification for. And now they reply asking me even more questions so I try to log into my account to reply to the support ticket only to find that they've locked my account.

But I can't reply to the support ticket without logging in, which they've locked. So I've now permanently lost my account that I had already regained control of because ????.

Over $200 and all the time I spent playing down the drain. NCSoft is definitely no Blizzard who helped me no problem when I got hacked years ago. So they won't lock your account if some random person from another country accesses it and steals all your stuff but they will lock it if you dare to ask for your stuff back.

So fucking pissed off right now.

Fuz

Banned

Support's been giving me a run around asking me inane questions when the proof is in their own logs that they even sent me a notification for. And now they reply asking me even more questions so I try to log into my account to reply to the support ticket only to find that they've locked my account.

But I can't reply to the support ticket without logging in, which they've locked. So I've now permanently lost my account that I had already regained control of because ????.

Over $200 and all the time I spent playing down the drain. NCSoft is definitely no Blizzard who helped me no problem when I got hacked years ago. So they won't lock your account if some random person from another country accesses it and steals all your stuff but they will lock it if you dare to ask for your stuff back.

Wow, this sucks :\
Try opening a thread in the official forums.

Sciel

So far, I'm hating this patch.
Way too focused on group content, really dislike this.
Even then, the group content (referring to 24 man dailies / soulstone plains) is frigging awful. I'm not sure who came up with the brilliant idea to make the dailies horribly tedious (mobs with shittons of HP, long wait for spawns, et). POH24/NSH24 were nicely balanced and fun, this is NOT.

tatsuki

These outfit stamps. Does this mean I can stop wasting gold on multiple outfits for characters? Are we able to just keep using stamps to send the same outfits back and fourth between characters continuously?

The soulstones plains has got to be some of the worst content i have ever played in my life. Like how did this ever make it into the final game.

All content outside the story and dungeons has been well less then enjoyable and that is being generous.

I think what they did is they confirmed your account was compromised and locked it until further investigation. Their system sucks cause you can't access support during it. You can try contacting them on another account though I think.

I don't really know what they restore, if anything at all. Probably ingame stuff but doubt you'll see your NCoins again as it'd be too exploitable if they'd do that.

Anyway, from what I've read of the various stories, their support is REALLY slow, but they do a fairly good job of fixing stuff when people have problems.

Sciel

The soulstones plains has got to be some of the worst content i have ever played in my life. Like how did this ever make it into the final game.

All content outside the story and dungeons has been well less then enjoyable and that is being generous.
Hilarious right? With some minor tweaks here and there, it would have been decent as a cross server "battleground" or sorts.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
So, I think I have reached the end of Silverfrost story. Kind of leaves you on a big ass cliffhanger. >< Ah well. Not quite 50 yet. Time to work on my WL weapon and gearing up!

Chariot

How do the Plains even work? I just rushed the story and ignored the PVP area for now.

Thanks. Another Blackwyrm thing then. Jeez, they really need to give ranged classes something to do.

The reason is as prosaic as it is depressing.

They were never able to handle the bot problem in KR and JP. To prevent Destroyer bots from farming BW and the 50 OW content, they made it melee unfriendly. This is one reason I'm now a Warlock.

Fuz

Banned

I'm glad I'm not the only one to hate that shit with a burning passion.

They took all the worst sides of the game at 45 cap and disregarded the best ones to make this sorry excuse for an expansion.

They were never able to handle the bot problem in KR and JP. To prevent Destroyer bots from farming BW and the 50 OW content, they made it melee unfriendly. This is one reason I'm now a Warlock.

Yeah, and it worked so well.

NeOak

Fuck.

Seriously?

FUCK.

No fucking way this is real.

How damn stupid is this dev team.

Ken

Maybe I should have leveled a FM during Warlock event...

Though I guess at current patch rate Soul Fighter leveling event will be tomorrow right.

I think im done. If all the content is this melee unfriendly. I like playing a melee class and them punishing legit players for an issue they cant handle is ridiculous.

This patch killed all my interest in the game they should just rename the game to.

Either bots and wait(spawn timers in 24 bogshead are ridiculously long for very little reward) or ranged and bots.

There's summoner bots so not sure this holds any truth. But yeah not much change there, the new open world faction shit is more or less the same as before, or well worse somehow. Was already like that though, Terrors and BW were very melee unfriendly(other than the BW tank, and even for him it sucked cause you can't get a brilliant chest if there's too many people since you don't do a lot of damage while tanking BW due to all the movement shit). It wasn't anything new to roll a separate class if you planned on farming these. Now the main difference I guess is the daillies and stuff are tied to it.

Tbh I went there, checked it out for 10mins, and said fuck that. I won't bother doing it, it looks lucrative but annoying as all fuck. I'll just farm other stuff. Just like I did BW once and killed 2 terrors during the whole time at 45.

But yeah new faction stuff is terrible and new 24s are also pretty bad. I guess the frostscale basin one isn't so bad, just kinda weird, like unsatisfying, unless there's more I didn't see when I was there, while Beastbog was annoying cause the boss spawning mechanics flow is a lot worse, you need to spawn those bosses crap but it's hard to see real progress or get people to farm random shit to get them to spawn and stuff. And then one of the 2 bosses is annoying as hell to fight, and it spawns in the middle of elites so if you SS out of something you sometimes aggro a pack of mobs, the really annoying mantis ones too that spam stuns and crap.

Grand Harvest event is also terrible, like really really bad. It only spawns on 5 channels so those are full, like max capacity full can't even get there even if you're in a grp in it, and then when the fighting starts shit kills your computer, bunch of people crash so they miss their quests, and due to every channel being so full the bosses die in seconds so you can't even get credit for one of the quest, and even the trash quest is hard to get credit for with so many people.

Story is good though, and I like the dungeons, for the most part. Like Necropolis is awful, I don't know why they made that, but Yeti and Fang Lair are nice and have cool mechanics while keeping it short.

I think what they did is they confirmed your account was compromised and locked it until further investigation. Their system sucks cause you can't access support during it. You can try contacting them on another account though I think.

I don't really know what they restore, if anything at all. Probably ingame stuff but doubt you'll see your NCoins again as it'd be too exploitable if they'd do that.

Anyway, from what I've read of the various stories, their support is REALLY slow, but they do a fairly good job of fixing stuff when people have problems.

If that's the case I'll wait and see what happens.

Right now I'm working on getting two step for other accounts where I can.

I think im done. If all the content is this melee unfriendly. I like playing a melee class and them punishing legit players for an issue they cant handle is ridiculous.

This patch killed all my interest in the game they should just rename the game to.

Either bots and wait(spawn timers in 24 bogshead are ridiculously long for very little reward) or ranged and bots.

This is pretty much how I felt after I hit cap 2 weeks ago, the endgame here just isn't fun at all, dailies are a boring monotonous grind and it's stupid that's the only real way to get gold.

Sucks because the combat is so good but I can't over look all the freaking flaws this game has.

Kintaro

A bit surprised at the negativity, but I can definitely see where its coming from. I tried the PVP area. Never got credit in a group, and it just mauled framerate. Like, destroyed it. I'm betting its the same in the Grand Harvest area but I haven't tried it yet. Haven't tried bog yet either. Same with Frostscale. I didn't see a group maker thingy outside of it but quickly figured out it was the 24man. =x

I haven't tried any of the dungeons yet. Was going to get to 50 on WL. About halfway through 49 when I finished the story that is available. Ah well. I have to get my weapon up to speed anyway. That said, Moonwater Stones have gone up 2g+ today alone. Soulstones up 10+ silver just through the course of the day. =x

This is pretty much how I felt after I hit cap 2 weeks ago, the endgame here just isn't fun at all, dailies are a boring monotonous grind and it's stupid that's the only real way to get gold.

Not defending the game here at all, but this is damn near every MMO at this point. Dailies, dungeons, raids. At this point, does any MMO do this differently?

Edit: Ran into a summoner with like 61k HP at 49. What in the actual fuck? o.o

cHinzo

Ugh really disappointed in the Soulstone plain. I can't even finish my quests as a Blade Master. Half the time nothing drops and it's so hard to dodge one attack at the right time, because there are so many people around the boss making the game lag. They also do a ridiculous amount of damage. Most of the new dungeons are pretty short. Fun, but the rewards are kinda crap for the blue ones and I don't think the new shields are much better than the ones we already have. Gonna focus on upping my achievement points so I can buy the skillbook from the vendor I guess.

Kintaro

Wow, Grand Harvest is only Channels 1-5? Like...why?

Edit: I think I'll just concentrate on improving my gear for now. =x

Quonny

Not defending the game here at all, but this is damn near every MMO at this point. Dailies, dungeons, raids. At this point, does any MMO do this differently?

Black Desert. The only dailies it has are Contribution Point dailies that take 15 minutes and kill 30 enemy quests which take 5-10 minutes each. There are no dungeons or raids, instead are summonable bosses that can be done once a day.

But the bigger part of end-game is doing what you want. People have done nothing but fishing, even to cap. People have done nothing but horse taming. Farming. Running trade routes. Cooking. You can spend 10 hours doing one task and there's always something more to do. Plus BDO has awesome combat, with iframe dodges and everything. The PVP isn't as balanced as BnS, but they are implementing an arena with normalized stats in the future.

I played BnS and found the end game horrible. I've been at "cap" for a week in BDO and there is so much shit to do I can't even see the end in sight. For example: I was horse taming and training for about a week. Then I realized that I needed to craft wagons to maximize my horse training. But to build wagons, I needed to build up a town so I can craft them. Then I needed to gather a bunch of wood, hides, and metal. Then I needed to process these items. But to do that I needed to hire workers. Then I leveled my workers so they can do it faster. All this to build a wagon to train my horses faster. And that's ONE tiny aspect, focused on horses. Everything is woven together. You can build an empire on just fishing. Many people do that and don't touch the combat.

I don't mean to come in an OT and shill another game, but I did play BnS to cap, then tried BDO. I'd recommend the game to anyone who likes the combat in BnS but finds the end-game to be too RNG-based and boring.

Kintaro

Black Desert. The only dailies it has are Contribution Point dailies that take 15 minutes and kill 30 enemy quests which take 5-10 minutes each. There are no dungeons or raids, instead are summonable bosses that can be done once a day.

But the bigger part of end-game is doing what you want. People have done nothing but fishing, even to cap. People have done nothing but horse taming. Farming. Running trade routes. Cooking. You can spend 10 hours doing one task and there's always something more to do. Plus BDO has awesome combat, with iframe dodges and everything. The PVP isn't as balanced as BnS, but they are implementing an arena with normalized stats in the future.

I played BnS and found the end game horrible. I've been at "cap" for a week in BDO and there is so much shit to do I can't even see the end in sight. For example: I was horse taming and training for about a week. Then I realized that I needed to craft wagons to maximize my horse training. But to build wagons, I needed to build up a town so I can craft them. Then I needed to gather a bunch of wood, hides, and metal. Then I needed to process these items. But to do that I needed to hire workers. Then I leveled my workers so they can do it faster. All this to build a wagon to train my horses faster. And that's ONE tiny aspect, focused on horses. Everything is woven together. You can build an empire on just fishing. Many people do that and don't touch the combat.

I don't mean to come in an OT and shill another game, but I did play BnS to cap, then tried BDO. I'd recommend the game to anyone who likes the combat in BnS but finds the end-game to be too RNG-based and boring.

I sort of knew BDO would be mentioned, which is cool. However, that game has a serious problem explaining anything to the player to the point where I felt totally lost. That and Blader isn't in yet which is the class I wanted to play the most.

See, all of those things sound cool. But to what end? Money? Where does the money go? Into more workers? More items? What items? AFK fishing empire? Bigger houses? Like, I get it, but its just another form of "dailies" to me. I get the things you can do and I see the appeal, but in BDO, to what end are you doing it for?

NeOak

That sounds more like a job than a game x.x

Ken

BDO is ok but a little too aimless for me. Maybe I'll give it another shot later since I ended buying it anyways.

Top Bottom