• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT+5| Grant Us Eyes!

Grinchy

Banned
Yeah the amygdala in the half-health dungeon was by far the biggest challenge in the game. The queen was a joke.

And yeah the game is actually really short when you are on a NG+ with an established character and you only bother with the required bosses. Starting a new character reminds you of how difficult the game can be, though haha

i actually tried a completely new character, skill+ threaded cane focused, just to see how it'd go. Got curious after manmademan and some others mentioned how that weapon breaks quite a few scenarios.

Worked fantastically well. Bulldozed content. Went to dlc as early as possible to get some hax bloodstones and push that thing to +9 asap. Parry for days, and what couldnt be parried was ranged. Logarius, abyss watchers, rom, bloody crow, all trounced by the might of the threaded cane.

Then arrived at ebrietas, someone that i'd obliterated on the first try with Spin To Win R Us, and got destroyed for 30+ tries in a row.

kinda killed my excitement for the build.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
So I was browsing through various screenshots I took (mostly for the console screenshot thread), and I noticed I have a few that I took just for laughs, basically "nooooooo" or "omfg...." moments, where I die just as the boss had a sliver of health left. Usually through just getting too greedy. Classic Souls derping, basically. So I'll share them because why not. xD And yes, some of them are against easy bosses (Pthumerian Elder never killed me otherwise, that was a classic "got greedy/didn't heal 'cause hey he's gonna die right" moment), though most of them are at least challenging or dangerous.

1474924944-bloodborne-tm-20160212220627.png

1474924967-bloodborne-tm-20160216234650.png

1474924979-bloodborne-tm-20160217024532.png

1474924985-bloodborne-tm-20160218032131.png

1474925013-bloodborne-tm-20160311001214.png

1474925035-bloodborne-tm-20160407003551.png

1474925055-bloodborne-tm-20160407020436.png

Feel free to point and laugh at my scrubbiness. :D

Holy fuck!

I thought I had seen all this game had to offer, but I'm just running about with a new character and got to that NPC who eats the other people at the Cathedral. Rather than talking to him I decide to just slice him up a bit.3 hits later and he's transformed into an absolute fuck off monster. Huge, werewolf type thing that has electricity attacks. And boy can it hit!

My mouth literally fell open when it happened. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Still finding new things after getting the Platinum trophy. Remarkable.

That's peculiar. If you did any of the Loran chalices you should've fought the abhorrent beast before. That's what he turns into.

Do wish that the game had more darkbeasts than just paarl and the hobo. loved the lightning effect.
-
Hrm. finished ng+, on its last legs decided to make the beast claw +10 since i had a lotta stones left and kos parasite was kinda supremely disappointing. God damn is that wep fun. Rip and Tear all day every day. Onwards to ng++

Grinchy

Banned
Got the plat! This was such a good game. I might have to buy the DLC. I've never bought any of the Souls DLC before despite playing the hell out of the games.

SDR-UK

Got the plat! This was such a good game. I might have to buy the DLC. I've never bought any of the Souls DLC before despite playing the hell out of the games.

Definitely buy the DLC. The strongest part of the game by far, very enjoyable stuff.

Grinchy

Banned
Definitely buy the DLC. The strongest part of the game by far, very enjoyable stuff.

I kept thinking I'd go back to Dark Souls 3 on PC after getting the plat, but the "hold shield and rotate around enemy for a backstab" gameplay just turns me off so much. And playing any other way just feels like such an arbitrary handicap.

Yawnny

DLC was dripping with great atmosphere just like the base game. Plus, you know you want that 100% completion. The platinum trophy isn't good enough and you know it ;P

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Is there anyway to get the Platinum theme if I didnt get it? Its been a few weeks and they never sent me the email.

so i'm about to replay this. last time i played I used the saw cleaver, which for me was the perfect balance between speed and power. however this time I'd like to use something different - either the threaded cane or a two handed something.

how viable is threaded cane for the full game? I experimented with it a bit on my first play through but found that it seemed too weak and not particularly useful in boss fights.

Nearly everything can be ranged quite well with it, plus you can get 20% bonus damage on any kin with cane l2, and 20% serrated dmg on any beast with alt mode. Didn't find damage particularly lacking, tbh.

You'll most likely find that the multi-enemy situations that used to give you a bit of pause with the cleaver will be MUCH easier with it, interestingly enough.

Plus you're an experienced player, so if damage ever feels lacking, just pop a beast blood pellet, rub some paper or phantasm on it, and go to town.

Melchiah

I never got one either. And I platinumed (that's a word) it last year.

Is it an American only thing?

I got it last year, and I'm in Europe. Have you allowed e-mails on Sony Entertainment Network website?

so i'm about to replay this. last time i played I used the saw cleaver, which for me was the perfect balance between speed and power. however this time I'd like to use something different - either the threaded cane or a two handed something.

how viable is threaded cane for the full game? I experimented with it a bit on my first play through but found that it seemed too weak and not particularly useful in boss fights.

The cane worked very well, when I played the game and the DLC through on normal and NG+, plus the chalice dungeons, where the whip comes really handy. I never could have beat something like the Headless Bloodletting Beast with Saw Cleaver or Whirligig Saw. It also made the Defiled chalice and its bosses more manageable for me. I only switched to the Moonlight Sword against Kos, and for Tonitrus against Rom on the first run, when I ran out of Bolt Paper.

I got it last year, and I'm in Europe. Have you allowed e-mails on Sony Entertainment Network website?

The cane worked very well, when I played the game and the DLC through on normal and NG+, plus the chalice dungeons, where the whip comes really handy. I never could have beat something like the Headless Bloodletting Beast with Saw Cleaver or Whirligig Saw. It also made the Defiled chalice and its bosses more manageable for me. I only switched to the Moonlight Sword against Kos, and for Tonitrus against Rom on the first run, when I ran out of Bolt Paper.

Just checked. Yep. Settings have notifications ticked. Odd. Maybe it was because I wasn't a PS+ member at the time?

Melchiah

Just checked. Yep. Settings have notifications ticked. Odd. Maybe it was because I wasn't a PS+ member at the time?

It's odd, that some players don't receive the code for the theme. I don't think it's related to whether you subscribe to PS+ or not, but I can't be sure about that.

Fighting those giant shark fucks down the well for the Rakuyo is the hardest thing I've had to do on the game. Spent 30 minutes on it and still haven't done it yet.

What bosses do people still heavily look for help for? I've been wanting to get some assists today, but nobody seems to be summoning at Father G, Ludwig, Maria..

I'm struggling like fuck with Orphan of Kos with my new shitty character. Blitzed it in my NG+++ run, but can't get near it with this build. Rang the bell numerous times but nothing.

Ferr986

What bosses do people still heavily look for help for? I've been wanting to get some assists today, but nobody seems to be summoning at Father G, Ludwig, Maria..

Chalices are your best bet for coop. Other than that , DLC. Father is easy on NG+ so people don't bother to summon.

AXE

So, I'm making a video review of the DLC and I'm having a hard time with Ludwig, surprise surprise. I thought about trying the co-op, as I've tried this quite a few times already and I'm kind of looking into getting by the chap. However, I don't seem to be able to summon folk at all - like, almost at all. I have to wait for something like 30 minutes before anyone comes. Is that normal? Does the quality of the network connection attribute to this? I'm on mobile wifi.

I see the echoes of other players on the Ludwig entrance constantly, and notes.

EDIT: I Wonder if I'm too high level. I'm 121.

EDIT2: Actually, nevermind. I got it. Its just that now I feel... dirty. Up to until now I haven't ever summoned help. Kind of spoils the game, but I guess even the bravest of hunters need to cooperate in bringing down the biggest preys. The fight was an absolute horror on the PS4. Chugged like nothing I've seen before on the poor machine :(

Ferr986

So, I'm making a video review of the DLC and I'm having a hard time with Ludwig, surprise surprise. I thought about trying the co-op, as I've tried this quite a few times already and I'm kind of looking into getting by the chap. However, I don't seem to be able to summon folk at all - like, almost at all. I have to wait for something like 30 minutes before anyone comes. Is that normal? Does the quality of the network connection attribute to this? I'm on mobile wifi.

I see the echoes of other players on the Ludwig entrance constantly, and notes.

EDIT: I Wonder if I'm too high level. I'm 121.

EDIT2: Actually, nevermind. I got it. Its just that now I feel... dirty. Up to until now I haven't ever summoned help. Kind of spoils the game, but I guess even the bravest of hunters need to cooperate in bringing down the biggest preys. The fight was an absolute horror on the PS4. Chugged like nothing I've seen before on the poor machine :(

Really? thats 's weird. I don't remember that fight chugging too much (not more than other fights).

120 is fine for NG+. The thing with the DLC in NG+ is that bosses gets a decent amount of HP, but more levels won't necessary help you in that.

grmlin

My PS4 handled Ludwig well, I did not :D

Hardest boss for me in the game + DLC. Did it solo though, after many many tries...

Anybody want to help me with Orphan of Kos?

I don't know why I'm struggling with him. I beat him in about 5 goes with my main character in NG+++ or whatever I'm up to now no problem. But with my new, lvl 102, build I can't get close. The moment he goes into his second phase I get absolutely destroyed.

I just need to beat him to get that final weapon. I wouldn't usually summon, but as I've beaten him once I don't mind so much.

Don't even care if it's a double post.

I FUCKING DID IT!!! FUCK YOU, YOU ORPHAN FUCK!

I wonder if I'll get that Bloodborne platinum theme now?

I wish the Rakuyo had been a starter weapon. Would've loved to have played through the whole game for the first time with that.

Javin98

Banned
Just defeated Laurence on my fifth try earlier. The Bowblade is a beast against Laurence in the final phase. All I had to do was switch to the bow form, fire away and dodge any attacks. I was trying to beat Orphan Of Kos earlier too. Ten tries in, couldn't win and decided to try again tomorrow. I was so close to winning a few times, though.

First time playing The Old Hunters DLC, BTW.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Don't even care if it's a double post.

I FUCKING DID IT!!! FUCK YOU, YOU ORPHAN FUCK!

I wonder if I'll get that Bloodborne platinum theme now?

I wish the Rakuyo had been a starter weapon. Would've loved to have played through the whole game for the first time with that.

Rakuyo and Blades of Mercy are my 2 favorite weapons in the game. Im a huge fan of duel wield blades.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Yeah, I made a Rakuyo build anyway. If you beeline for it, you can still play most of the game with it, but it kind of trivializes the main game lol. The hardest part is getting past Ludwig at lower level/weapon upgrade. The transformed threaded cane with fire paper worked well enough fortunately.

JerkShep

I'm doing a complete BL10 run of the game: main game, The Old Hunters and the Chalice Dungeons, even side stuff like Eileen quest, the League quest and recovering the Rakuyo in the well. Now I'm finally down to one last boss, fittingly the Orphan of Kos. I can manage phase 1 fine mostly but if someone can give me any tips for managing phase 2 at low level it would be much appreciated.

I was shaking during the last phase of Laurence btw lol

Bronetta

I'm doing a complete BL10 run of the game: main game, The Old Hunters and the Chalice Dungeons, even side stuff like Eileen quest, the League quest and recovering the Rakuyo in the well. Now I'm finally down to one last boss, fittingly the Orphan of Kos. I can manage phase 1 fine mostly but if someone can give me any tips for managing phase 2 at low level it would be much appreciated.

I was shaking during the last phase of Laurence btw lol

Attack the boss until it dies.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique

And thus the beauty of NG+ Assuming you've got the stats and materials to upgrade it. But let me tell you a dirty little secret, high level gems are such bullshit that if you take your best gems and just slap them on, you'll still do enough damage to make enemies managable even with a level 4 weapon. And that's assuming you shove in the gems from the core game, not anything you dreck out of the chalice dungeons.

Also if you do try that, I recommend turning off your HUD in NG+. It really makes the game a lot more tense, immersive, and fun in my opinion. Perfect thing to give a playthrough a new flare.

Ferr986

I wish we had the real Rayuko from Maria, not that tiny copy that looks like a toy compared to the real thing :( (still a good weapon).

Attack the boss until it dies.

Excellent advice.

Second phase of Orphan is the most random bollocks in the game for me. It just goes mental. I had no plan when I finally beat him. Just sort of dived and ran around and shit my pants a lot.

I managed eventually to get him down to second phase with 20 vials and full health by constantly backstabbing and using visceral attacks.

The God

So I just beat Vicar

Wtf is with the cathedral ward residents?
Some lady is screaming "my precious baby" and the guy next-door is begging for help. what can I do here?

Bronetta

So I just beat Vicar

Wtf is with the cathedral ward residents?
Some lady is screaming "my precious baby" and the guy next-door is begging for help. what can I do here?

Defeating Amelia progresses the time to night. Did any NPCs ask you for help before defeating Amelia?

The God

Defeating Amelia progresses the time to night. Did any NPCs ask you for help before defeating Amelia?

Not that I can remember. I think I brought everyone to the temple of oedon that the game allowed me to up to this point. I didn't have the option to tell these residents to come to the temple before or after killing Amelia so I was wondering if I fucked something up.

Ferr986

Not that I can remember. I think I brought everyone to the temple of oedon that the game allowed me to up to this point. I didn't have the option to tell these residents to come to the temple before or after killing Amelia so I was wondering if I fucked something up.

Nah, it's normal talk. It's just to show shit goes down with people when the night comes.

JerkShep

Excellent advice.

Second phase of Orphan is the most random bollocks in the game for me. It just goes mental. I had no plan when I finally beat him. Just sort of dived and ran around and shit my pants a lot.

I managed eventually to get him down to second phase with 20 vials and full health by constantly backstabbing and using visceral attacks.

I managed to beat him yesterday, I was going crazy myself but a good combination of Beast Pellets and having the beast meter almost full at the right time (when he transforms) helped immensely with the damage output. With the op Saw Cleaver L1 attack you can build up your meter easily against Orphan and you can do it after parrying him, which is easy in his first form. You can even bait him in an animation loop and punish him with a couple of parries on a row. Here's my fight (BL10) There's still a lot of luck involved.

With the Orphan down I've beaten everything at BL10, I'm proud of this run even is obviously in the grand scheme of things, considering what people do with these games, it's nothing incredible. Most difficult fights for me were definitely the Defiled ones, Loran Darkbeast and Ludwig (I have still nightmares of his second phase). Maria, Gherman, Orphan and some of the bosses in Depth 5 Dungeons were no joke either.

Jingo

I just woke up and dreamed of a new bloodborne, the name was different, something borne, the world was more futuristic and yet the character was still the same, it had the pizza cutter weapon!

Man, im feeling happy and sad at the same time knowing probably we will never see bloodborne 2.

Top Bottom